PDA

View Full Version : What a Rip-off.

~Dai-kun~
October 20th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I don't know why but I think this year is the Rip-off year or something because I'm starting to see a lot of un-original things recently. For example I just saw about 2 Wii Rip-off commercials the other day..I also noticed the Google Phone thingy and it kinda looked like the Iphone..I can go on with the # of things but I wanna know what do you think about all this if you've seen commercials and other stuff.

Lusankya
October 20th, 2008, 04:41 PM
All the new touchphones look pretty much like the iPhone. The Googlephone's main advantage is that is open-source, meaning anyone can write programs for it.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 20th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I don't see why more and more companies are making touchphones. Sorry to those other companies, but Apple's pretty much king of the throne when it comes to touchphones. All the others should just... no. It's not their thing.

Pechachu
October 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Things have always been like that, though. People love to steal each other's ideas, and have done since we arrived on this planet. It's human nature, I guess.
But then, it could be because the customer is already confident with the look of said product, and if they have a preference for a different company, they're more likely to go to them.

I dunno. I think I'm rambling.

Lusankya
October 20th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I don't see why more and more companies are making touchphones. Sorry to those other companies, but Apple's pretty much king of the throne when it comes to touchphones. All the others should just... no. It's not their thing.
But Google's going for World Domination here, that includes touchphones, naturally.

Fernando
October 20th, 2008, 06:54 PM
It's not really considered a rip-off, they are just using the ideas of other phones to attract more people to buy from there company or so.

Syrex
October 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I've seen the rip-off things for the Wii. I saw one at wal-wart the other day. It was just the a Wii-mote that you plug into your TV and it has games loaded onto the Wii-mote. Now obviously it's isn't the actual wii-mote. It's a look alike.

Motsuko Live
October 21st, 2008, 01:21 AM
It's not exactly the "year", it's just the "time", if that makes any sense. As more and more technology is introduced to man kind, there's obviously going to be more and more people who try to imitate that technology and make money off of it. I'm sure it's only going to get worse from here, so buckle up, darlin'. XD;

Cassino
October 21st, 2008, 08:50 AM
And back in medieval times one blacksmith's chainmail was the same as the blacksmith nexdoor's.

Really now...

Josephine
October 21st, 2008, 09:05 AM
Company's have always copied ideas, and always will.

CECT's iPhone lookalike anyone?

Take a look. (http://www.appleiphonereview.com/reviews/top-five-iphone-lookalikes-reviewed/)

speedinglight
October 21st, 2008, 09:23 AM
Thats life...

in one point everything will just look the same....

Jorah
October 21st, 2008, 12:57 PM

It's good for us because it creates competition, which means lower prices and they'll want to keep improving. I bought a £25 mobile from Tesco a few months ago with a camera and bluetooth and everything. But when I first got a mobile about 6 years ago it cost £99 for the old Nokia 3310 with no colour...it's crazy, really. So, it may be that touch phones are just the new way forward.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 21st, 2008, 01:10 PM
But Google's going for World Domination here, that includes touchphones, naturally.

Google's place is really online. I agree that their company is one of the greatest in the world when it comes to what they put on the table. But having them go into the world of phones, they have some tough competition with Apple (like the other companies who decided to make touchphone technology), who generally wouldn't be in the same league as each other, seeing as how they are both making completely different products and whatnot, have them not started out with producing phones.

It's good for us because it creates competition, which means lower prices and they'll want to keep improving. I bought a £25 mobile from Tesco a few months ago with a camera and bluetooth and everything. But when I first got a mobile about 6 years ago it cost £99 for the old Nokia 3310 with no colour...it's crazy, really. So, it may be that touch phones are just the new way forward.

That I disagree with. With competition comes decision and since there's such a wide verity of touchphones, it seems, there's some tough decisions that users are going to be faced with due to that. And no one likes tough decisions. ;;

Mooshykris
October 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
Doesn't matter to me really, as I prefer a good old Phone, that's just...well, a Phone :P

~Mooshykris

Ruphire
October 21st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah Apple is the one who probably made the best touch phone.

Mariah Carey
October 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Eh. I don't really care who makes the best phone, really. I just want a good phone.

And speaking about rip-offs, everyones ripping off sex these days.

the bitter end.
October 22nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
Lol, everything is converting to touch, and frankly, they all look like the iPhone...

Zebra Thunderhead
October 24th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Don't forget the G1 is like $100 cheaper or something like that. If I wasn't getting the Blackberry Pearl I'd definitely get it.

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM

But LG was releasing Touchphones before the iPhone appeared.

DSi is pretty much trying to rip off the iPhone, in more than just the name.

Virtual Chatot
October 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Even though Apple wasn't the first to break into the Touch Phone hype, they sure as hell took the spotlight from all of the competitors.

All the new touchphones look pretty much like the iPhone. The Googlephone's main advantage is that is open-source, meaning anyone can write programs for it.
You can write applications for the iPhone and iTouch as well, it's just that you need to go through a certification process before any can be officially put on the iPhone App Center.

Charliezard
October 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Even though Apple wasn't the first to break into the Touch Phone hype, they sure as hell took the spotlight from all of the competitors.

If Apple can do anything it's get an idea (MP3, Touchphone) used already, then advertise it really well. I don't see what all the fuss is about though...They aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Virtual Chatot
October 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
If Apple can do anything it's get an idea (MP3, Touchphone) used already, then advertise it really well. I don't see what all the fuss is about though...They aren't all they're cracked up to be.
Its something like one iPod for every eight people on Earth, they must be doing something right :p

Patchy
October 25th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Maybe they're trying to improve iPhones or something. As Onvoloper said, they really aren't as good as people say. My mam has one, it can't video and it doesn't have bluetooth. (Well, it does, but it's only able to contact other iPhones iirc).

So it's like a normal phone, but with a camera, since the touch screen always messes up.

RandomFlashingColours
October 25th, 2008, 05:57 AM
The chinese year of the rip-off...

Anyways, those games with the "Z" at the end are just stupid. What next? Pikachuz?

Godot17
October 25th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Umm... Pikachuz? LOL. That's insane! As long as you don't walk into my room, you have a Stupid Idea :P...

Anyways. I don't mind this rip-off age going on. I'm just patient. I haz nothing high tech really because of the Crisis going on...

Which reminds me, if this goes on, everyone's phailing...