PDA

View Full Version : Where is Hoenn?

ProfEich
October 28th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Hi!
Everybody knows that Johto is west of Kanto.
But where is Hoenn? :confused:

~Cya

Timbjerr
October 28th, 2003, 07:13 PM
I always imagined it was a big island North of the J/K region...

*shrugs*

Rift
October 28th, 2003, 08:47 PM
*dresses up as a travel agent* well ya take a left at Seafoam, make a beeline for the Indigo Platue, go South till ya hit New Bark Town, Go West till ya see a Lugia, then go North, then take a West until ya hit Cianwood, then ya make a U turn and head back home! ^_^;

Ok well i think its just a little Northwest of Johto!

Frostweaver
October 28th, 2003, 09:23 PM
since Pokemon World is always based in Japan...

Kanto is the Tokyo Bay area (with Mt. Moon most likely being Mt. Fuji)

Jhoto is also west of the Tokyo Bay area (just like what the game say)

Now for Houen i found it on the map already. But i forgot the name of the island... you know how Japan is divided into 4 main area? The southwest "area" flipped sideway is Houen.

Rift
October 30th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Hey! cool its based on Japan geography! that's pretty cool! *dresses up as a telemarketer* hello, would you like to go to Hoenn for the low price of 10.95 a month for 100 months?

Dizzy
October 30th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Can you say South of Johto? I can lol * passes out Travel Guides * Thank you for Visiting Hoenn! come again ^_^

Rift
October 30th, 2003, 12:55 PM
nah, Hoenns closer to the North Pole! ^_^ yep and i have proof!

Frostweaver
October 30th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Here is a map...

You'll see that the light pink part is Houen (flip the map sideway to see it.) The pink island far away from the mainland is Dewford. A tiny tip of the yellow area is "borrowed" to be used as the palace of the elite 4/5.

Rift
October 30th, 2003, 02:08 PM
hey! thats cool Frostweaver! it looks just like Hoenn! creepy!

Sapphire
October 30th, 2003, 03:49 PM
^^ Its based on Japan, wich is pretty neat. I believe its an island, and somehow you can get to Jhoto and Kanto. And Did ya notice that in...I beleive it was 'Gotta catch ya later.' episode when Ash gets the ticket for the boat, she says Seafrom! I just happened to pick it up! Tidbit!

Cherrim
October 30th, 2003, 03:56 PM
The island is called "Shikoko", btw. ^_^

Ruriri
October 30th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Back in 1999 I made my own map of Pokemon.
It has these regions:

Tojo Region
Johto Region
Kanto Region

I got tojo by taking the Jo and to in johto and putting them backwards.

Tojo is a HUGE Region north of Johto & Kanto..

I will post my map soon.

I also made 3553 Pokemon.
I drew them all by hand.
I have 89 types too:)!
I will post them soon!

Timbjerr
October 30th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Here is a map...

You'll see that the light pink part is Houen (flip the map sideway to see it.) The pink island far away from the mainland is Dewford. A tiny tip of the yellow area is "borrowed" to be used as the palace of the elite 4/5.
it took quite a bit of image manipulation, but I saw it!

I wonder if Johto/Kanto are like that too...

Frostweaver
October 30th, 2003, 07:13 PM
A better picture of Houen first of all (it's a lot better this time)

Kanto is the easiest to find. Since it's based on "Kanto Mountain" itself. Indigo Plateau is dead on Kanto Mountain. While Jhoto Falls is Mt. Fuji location-wise. Even both seafoam and cinnabar are visible (but they're a lot more south than what the game says). So where's Mt. Moon? looking at the map Pewter should have been located within the Mountain range so i suppose Mt. Moon is just some little foothill?

Jhoto is harder to see as it got the most editing... it is rather twisted to fit onto the gameboy map. but you'll still basically see. Cianwood is that half cut-off island to the west. Lake of Rage is the giant lake within it (in the game it moved a lot more north). That fat penin-sula is where Azalea, Violet and Goldenrod are. To the very eastern edge is the foothills of Kanto Mountain.

Haruka
October 30th, 2003, 08:00 PM
So, the whole thing was based on japan?

Cool!

ProfEich
October 31st, 2003, 08:07 AM
Hey, that's cool!
When everything is based on Japan, maybe in Japan lives some real Pokmon :laugh:
*Takes some pokballs and travels to Japan* ;)

But thanks for the fast answer =)

invinible
October 31st, 2003, 11:11 AM
Back in 1999 I made my own map of Pokemon.
It has these regions:

Tojo Region
Johto Region
Kanto Region

I got tojo by taking the Jo and to in johto and putting them backwards.

Tojo is a HUGE Region north of Johto & Kanto..

I will post my map soon.

I also made 3553 Pokemon.
I drew them all by hand.
I have 89 types too:)!
I will post them soon!

Could you post the 3,553 Pokemon and their 89 types in a new topic so we can get the full impact?

Blaziken
October 31st, 2003, 12:21 PM
3,553 Pokemon! That's alot!

jynx
November 2nd, 2003, 10:44 AM
The island is called "Shikoko", btw. ^_^
Its Shikoku, not Shikoko.
But unfortunately, Houenn is not Shikoku.
Houen is Kyushuu, but rotated 45degrees clock-wise.

Frostweaver
November 2nd, 2003, 12:38 PM
ahem... k i do not know the names of Japan at all. I go according to pictures... but i checked and looked up a map of "Kyushuu" and it is the exact same place where i pointed out where Houen is...

looked up Shikoku at the meantime, and it turns out that Shikoku is the island thingie to the east of "Houen" (Kyushuu).

Gengar
November 2nd, 2003, 07:18 PM
ahem... k i do not know the names of Japan at all. I go according to pictures... but i checked and looked up a map of "Kyushuu" and it is the exact same place where i pointed out where Houen is...

looked up Shikoku at the meantime, and it turns out that Shikoku is the island thingie to the east of "Houen" (Kyushuu).

Im soo confused. Isnt it Hoenn? Not Houen? wahhh :dead:

Frostweaver
November 2nd, 2003, 08:18 PM
um... Houen = Hoenn... both are referring to the same thing. Houen is the japanese name, while the english name is Hoenn. However i learn the name Houen before Hoenn and is rather use to it... plus same pronounciation, but one has such a cooler spelling than the other that i just can't resist but use the "wrong name."

jynx
November 3rd, 2003, 12:05 PM
um... Houen = Hoenn... both are referring to the same thing. Houen is the japanese name, while the english name is Hoenn. However i learn the name Houen before Hoenn and is rather use to it... plus same pronounciation, but one has such a cooler spelling than the other that i just can't resist but use the "wrong name."
But why do they add one more "n" tehn?

Frostweaver
November 4th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Houen is the same pronounciation with Hoenn... without the "extra 'n' " it won't have the same stretchy sound thingie on the name... but it's really just minor problems. Any medicore players should be able to understand both Houen and Hoenn.

jynx
November 5th, 2003, 03:24 AM
Ph I see...
So, where do you think Orange Islands will be?

Porygon
November 5th, 2003, 07:30 AM
…That is so neat. So… cool, even. Umm… yeah. *eats sugar*

WOW!!! Based on Japanese geography??? I gotta ask my Geo teacher about this! She went to Japan awhile ago!!

*twitches*

jynx
November 5th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Yes!
My geography teacher is mad at me now :D

Lady Dragonrider
November 5th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Why is s/he mad at you? For asking if the pokemon world is based on Japan?

jynx
November 6th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Why is s/he mad at you? For asking if the pokemon world is based on Japan?
No, but I always ask silly questions like:
Where's Kanto?
Is Japan the richest country?
Is Hong Kong rich?
Is Hong Kong richer or London richer?
Do you like Hokkaido?
Do you like Kyuux#shuu?
Would you like to live in Tokyo?

Hakudoushi-kun
November 6th, 2003, 07:33 PM
maybe it'll be hokkaido, heh (it's cold up there)

jynx
November 7th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Neh, Nintendo indicated that Houenn is Kyuushuu

Fire Master
November 7th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Here is a map...

You are really right! It does look like that map in the game!

I though it looked like a place on the earth but i just couldn't remember where XD

Hakudoushi-kun
November 7th, 2003, 08:02 PM
i was just thinking that this might be the next region

jynx
November 8th, 2003, 09:19 AM
i was just thinking that this might be the next region
Maybe that will be fun!

But...i don't want to have any more Pokemon! 386is already too much for me!

Hakudoushi-kun
November 9th, 2003, 08:04 PM
well, they're definitely going to get more pkmn. without that, there's really no point in a new season/game

Lady Dragonrider
November 11th, 2003, 12:27 PM
They could just end it you know. Granted, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Hakudoushi-kun
November 11th, 2003, 08:33 PM
there's still 2/4 left pkmn. very very long. but money problem might pop up, so it might end the series(very unlikely)

jynx
November 12th, 2003, 09:48 AM
well, they're definitely going to get more pkmn. without that, there's really no point in a new season/game
Well, they can invent something more interesting.

tyranitar0000
February 4th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Maybe they'll just make lots of EX card exclusives. :D

(They better start moving to the east. Any further west, and they'd hit Korea! *lol*)

Pokemaster10000
February 4th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Well, they can invent something more interesting.

Well. It's pretty much interesting now anyway. :)

TTYO
February 15th, 2004, 09:14 PM
I think they americanized the names of the Japan map... I think... But taking Kyoshu.etc might be a bit quite difficult for the USA kids to remember and pronouce.... so they changed it to the names, Kanto,Johto & Houen without changing the map itself.

Hakudoushi-kun
February 17th, 2004, 06:50 PM
kanto, johto, and houen are japanese names. they're not going to include names of real places

Pluslechu
February 20th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Jhoto is East of Kanto, and Hoenn is East of Jhoto. Simple as that! ^_^

Hakudoushi-kun
February 22nd, 2004, 07:12 PM
nope. i've seen a map of all the places the games are based on of as of yet, and houen is south west of kanto. that's why you really don't see places with snow in snow, or else gamefreak would've definitly put in snow as well as rain in ruby and sapp.