PDA

View Full Version : WOO! Hail fights!

To Write Love On Her Arms
October 21st, 2008, 01:57 AM
Have you ever seen hail this big before? This was a hailstorm that happened at around 3pm this afternoon and went non stop till 5pm and then again at 5:30pm. I was in school and we had hail fights with hail this big. A kid got hit right above the eye and knocked out, plus the teachers bailed like 15 mins before school finished to keep their car safe and there were only like 5 teachers there trying to supervise us and calm us down. 500-600 students were running around the whole school chucking hail at each other including me! :D

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ihb0k5.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2vbrbep.jpg

AND

http://i37.tinypic.com/5eczlh.jpg

Zet
October 21st, 2008, 02:02 AM
that was up in ipswich wasn't it? And I haven't seen hail that big before, and a hail fight sounds kinda fun

October 21st, 2008, 02:05 AM
that was up in ipswich wasn't it? And I haven't seen hail that big before, and a hail fight sounds kinda fun

Well where we got it was from like Ballina all the way down to Kempsey in NSW >_>

Zet
October 21st, 2008, 02:07 AM
ah, I only heard it hailed in ipswich

Mitchman
October 21st, 2008, 02:14 AM
500-600 kid hail fight. I would have gone straight for the teachers cars not each other!

October 21st, 2008, 02:17 AM
500-600 kid hail fight. I would have gone straight for the teachers cars not each other!

the thing is the teachers had already left.

Mitchman
October 21st, 2008, 02:18 AM
OH lol danr whoever stayed then should have had the cars destroyed.

October 21st, 2008, 02:25 AM
OH lol danr whoever stayed then should have had the cars destroyed.

LOL, we were thinking about doing it to the cars. *cough*principal*cough*
But then our bus came :(

Aizuke
October 21st, 2008, 02:51 AM
Hail fight? Are you nuts? Hail is like harder then snow. Being hit by those would seriously caine.

ಠ_ಠ

Mitchman
October 21st, 2008, 03:05 AM
So you destroy the principals! And 600 kis cant be busted in jail so hehe why not.

Motsuko Live
October 21st, 2008, 03:45 AM
Never i my life have I seen hail that size, and I live in Canada. xD; I feel really bad for the teachers that decided to stay. But I can see where you're coming from;
Five teachers left in the school, hail the size of tennis balls... a hail fight would seem like a pretty good idea right then.

Are you going to be punished? I know it'd be hard to punish the whole school, but... I dunno, they could keep you in at lunch or something.

Oh, and by the way... why were the police not involved in this? I know if my school went on a riot like that, the cops would be there in no time.

October 21st, 2008, 03:48 AM
Never i my life have I seen hail that size, and I live in Canada. xD; I feel really bad for the teachers that decided to stay. But I can see where you're coming from;
Five teachers left in the school, hail the size of tennis balls... a hail fight would seem like a pretty good idea right then.

Are you going to be punished? I know it'd be hard to punish the whole school, but... I dunno, they could keep you in at lunch or something.

Oh, and by the way... why were the police not involved in this? I know if my school went on a riot like that, the cops would be there in no time.

I really don't know, we'll have to wait and see at assembly tomorrow, haha. I think the cops MIGHT come to the assembly to talk to us about it.

Motsuko Live
October 21st, 2008, 04:13 AM
I doubt they will... I mean, what can they do about it now that it's over? They might be able to charge whoever threw the snowball hail ball that knocked whats-his-face out, but that would be about it. You'll probably all be in crap from the school, though... I think it'd be interesting to see how this turns out.

♣Gawain♣
October 21st, 2008, 04:17 AM
Wow! What a hail! Hey, I thought hailstones are hard as rocks, I guess some of your classmates had broken skulls for a change. Right?

October 21st, 2008, 04:22 AM
Wow! What a hail! Hey, I thought hailstones are hard as rocks, I guess some of your classmates had broken skulls for a change. Right?

I don't really know how everyone went cause my school has alot of space and everyone was always running around, I only saw one kid get knocked out from being hit in the eye but I'm guessing there was more than one person hurt.

♣Gawain♣
October 21st, 2008, 04:32 AM
There should be. I mean, look at the stones. They're large as your tennis ball. The larger the stone, the denser and harder it is. And look at the protrusions, they look nasty.

BeachBoy
October 21st, 2008, 06:20 AM
Holy smokes, I'm surprised people weren't killed. That's very hard hail, someone gets hit in the head with that it's bye bye. o_o I can understand and relate to a school snow ball fight, but hail? Your lucky you're not injured.

Tater Tot
October 21st, 2008, 06:24 AM
... You know that hail that big kills people instantly, right? That was very dangerous, you're blessed you weren't injured. Glad you're okay though. =D Anyway, wow. I've seen penny-sized hail before, but tennis ball? o_o There has got to be damage from that storm.

Patchy
October 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM
Not only would you get injured if someone threw that at you, if it fell that far with those spikes, I'm surprised people weren't killed and buildings weren't smashed. And a bit of a flood maybe.

But wow, thats big. o_O

Aurafire
October 21st, 2008, 08:15 AM
Holy....god, that is huge hail. The biggest I've ever witnessed was like quarter-sized.

You guys were chucking that at each other? That's not...incredibly smart. But at least it was fun XD

Mitchman
October 21st, 2008, 08:32 AM
One kid nocked out by it hittin him in his eye. Great hell be patchy from now on em i right?

txteclipse
October 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
Hail? What's hail? Seriously though, the biggest I've ever seen was roughly pea-sized (I live[d] in San Diego). So that's like something out of a fantasy novel to me. Amazing no one died a gruesome, horrible, chilly death.

Mitchman
October 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM
No one died but one kid got knocked out with hail straight to the eye. Again ill say this. Should his name be patch from now on?

Cassino
October 21st, 2008, 09:07 AM
You may as well be having stone fights on dry days.

I was helping make a silt trap today, mud fight ahoy.

Lusankya
October 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Holy cow, that is some epic-sized hail. Did you manage to weigh them?

October 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Holy cow, that is some epic-sized hail. Did you manage to weigh them?

No but we got to measure their length. They were 7-10 cm each. Looks like theres going to be more again today from what I see.

Bludycomicsinc
October 21st, 2008, 12:57 PM
That hail is huge! I would like to throw them at cars.

Jorah
October 21st, 2008, 01:05 PM
Ouch. We got 2mm of snow once and schools around the country shut. That's England for ya.

Michii
October 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM
Biggest I've seen is a penny. ;; /jealousy

That's utterly insane, the size of the hail is huggeee :oooo!!! What I'm really thinking at this moment, though, is how irresponsible your school system was for allowing the hail fight to escalate to a kid being knocked out. I'm sure the few teachers there did what they could, but still. He/she could've got internal bleeding or something for all we know and died. D:

Yu_&_Rei
October 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
omg the size of a tennis ball?! now thats scary!! the biggest we've ever gotten is the size of a Toonie. poor kid who got knocked out, how can hail even become that big?

Tyrantrum
October 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM
omg the size of a tennis ball?! now thats scary!! the biggest we've ever gotten is the size of a Toonie. poor kid who got knocked out, how can hail even become that big?
Well, it's pretty much snow forming together in the sky, turning into chunks of hail.

I've never seen hail before, that's just crazy.
It looks like a whole bunch of salt! xD

I feel bad for the kid that knocked out, too, though. :[

.Iramet
October 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Wait,wait,wait!
Your telling me that fell from the sky!
Holy smokes.
I would have been screaming and yelling "The sky is falling!".
But seriously I kind of think the whole fight thing is made up, who in their right mind would throw that at another person, yet alone a whole school?
:/
That's just crazy that looks like it would kill someone if it hit them from the sky.
Glad I wasn't there.
XD

Cassino
October 25th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Ouch. We got 2mm of snow once and schools around the country shut. That's England for ya.
Oh? My schools have never been shut because of weather.

Tyrantrum
October 25th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Wait,wait,wait!
Your telling me that fell from the sky!
Holy smokes.
I would have been screaming and yelling "The sky is falling!".
But seriously I kind of think the whole fight thing is made up, who in their right mind would throw that at another person, yet alone a whole school?
:/
That's just crazy that looks like it would kill someone if it hit them from the sky.
Glad I wasn't there.
XD
DUH! -.-

If chunks of hail that huge hit someone in the head, falling or not, it could pretty much kill them.

That one kid was lucky enough just to get knocked out!

Red1530
October 27th, 2008, 05:08 PM
omg the size of a tennis ball?! now thats scary!! the biggest we've ever gotten is the size of a Toonie. poor kid who got knocked out, how can hail even become that big?Hail is formed when rain is caught in the updraft of a sever thunderstorm. When the rain gets to a point in the storm where the air temperature is below frizzing, the rain freezes. Once the rain pellet frizzes it tries to fall to Earth. However if the updraft is strong enough, the small hail stone goes back up and collects rain that increases its size. Eventually it will become heavy enought to overcome the force of the updraft and fall to Earth.