PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2008

BakingBluePotatoe
October 21st, 2008, 04:09 AM
Well... Halloween is -litterally- right around the corner!

And I have NO idea what to do for it! And no, I'm NOT going around in a dorky costume begging for candy. EVER. I'm 13. I'm too old.

Well, I mean, I could dress up as something... but then what?

Motsuko Live
October 21st, 2008, 04:18 AM
Since when did thirteen become 'old'? Hell, I'm 15, and I still consider myself fairly young. :/

If I were you, I'd just buy a creepy mask and a top hat. XD; That's what I always did. Besides, I doubt anyone is going to ask you how old you are while giving you candy. That seems a little pedo-ish to me.

If you really insist on not going out, then... well, don't! It's as simple as that. Go to a party or something. (if you know anyone who's having one. Don't just show up at 1:00 am as a thirteen year old stranger.)

♣Gawain♣
October 21st, 2008, 04:19 AM
Maybe you could supervise some children during trick or treatin'. Or maybe teach some of the youngsters who is new about that stuff.

Tyrantrum
October 21st, 2008, 05:58 AM
Yea, I'm fourteen, and I like to get candy! <]

Though, this year (again), I'm gonna dress up as Jason and scare people again!
That was fun! xD

the bitter end.
October 21st, 2008, 06:14 AM
I suggest dressing as an Anime character, nobody is to old for Anime! XD

I'm gonna try to do whatever I'm doing that day as Lelouch...

BeachBoy
October 21st, 2008, 06:36 AM
And I have NO idea what to do for it! And no, I'm NOT going around in a dorky costume begging for candy. EVER. I'm 13. I'm too old.Oh heck no, go enjoy Halloween. I'm 17 n' still running around stealin' gently taking candy. :D

I'm going to find some wacky as all heck costume at the last minute and run around getting candy. XD I love Halloween, so I'll enjoy it any year I can. Last year I was a blind referee, works like a charm so much with sports fans I get extra candy. SOOO, I got do something sport-like this year. Hmm. >> And yeah, I'll probably go to a Halloween party too.

Tater Tot
October 21st, 2008, 06:38 AM
I haven't gone Trick-or-treating for awhile. Mainly because I'm too old for it. However, I still get people to come over to my house and bring me candy. XD Enjoy Halloween, ~Kitsune. And I'd still dress up as something if I were you, because if you don't, you won't enjoy the night of Hallows Eve. >: D

Patchy
October 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
lol, 13 being too old? pfft.

I'm going as a nerd. =P I'll post a pic of me dressed up and one of me normally.

Aurafire
October 21st, 2008, 08:12 AM
I went when I was 16...XD.

I had to stop though because it wasn't worth the effort anymore =(

And dress up as whatever you like!

KJ
October 21st, 2008, 08:52 AM
shoot im 19 and if i didnt live on a military base i would go trick or treating..its frickin sweet to do. last year when i got to my 1st base i went as an american soldier haha

Counterfeit
October 21st, 2008, 08:58 AM
Fifteen and I still go out egging trick or treating. xD

If I cosplayed all my friends would just be like ".......Whut? Nerd. o.o"

You're never to old for sweets.
And besides, if it's an immaturity issue, you're on a pokemon forum. xD

Nuke
October 21st, 2008, 09:04 AM
I shall get a chainsaw and think of a decent costume.

Or be Jason, whatever.

Cassino
October 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Samhain — the Celtic festival of the final harvest and of the dead, marking the end of summer.
Christianisation has changed a lot of things... I'd only consider celebrating Samhain as it was, not Hallow's Eve as it is; but naturally there are very few people to do it with.

Virtual Chatot
October 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
I'm going as Jack Skellington! XD;

fer
October 21st, 2008, 11:44 AM
Really,your never to old to go out and dress up and ask for candy it's mainly a tradition,I've been trick or treating for 13 years now and have never made a remark not to go out on that night lol. Well whatever you do it's totally up to you :D.

~CyberKitsune09~
October 25th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I don't think I'm going T or T'ing this year either,

I did get invited to a Party, so Yeah....

As for costume, uhhh... (For the fun of it) I'm going to dress up as a Organization 13 member from the Kingdom Hearts series (Just cuz' I'm too lazy to make a Lucario costume XD )

Angela
October 25th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Were I live we don't have trick or treating(there is something similar in February), but there will be a party at my school, I'm gonna go dressed as a witch:D all black, I even bought a Wig (I'm not gonna die my hair black, it's so hard to color back to blond), my friend borrowed me a really cool black dress that she said I could use:D and to that dress I'm gonna be wearing black heals (borrowed from my sister, she never wears them) and a tall hat:D Then I'm gonna have a black lipstick and green eyeliner:D, and black nail polish:D

cooldude101
October 25th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I have no idea what I am going as.lol But probably go find something last minute and go around with friends for candy and maybe scare some kids.lol

Harley Quinn
October 25th, 2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/docs/gabe/pooh.jpg

Going as this monster this year. Final Fantasy Pooh Bear ftw.

supertails
October 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
There are lot of stuff you can do, you can go to parties and you can buy simple costumes. You can go to a party with animal ears and tails plus their good for more private things.;)

Jorah
October 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
In the UK, Halloween isn't really important, most people don't bother doing anything at all and people only trick or treat until they're about 9 or 10 (now I'm gonna get a load of people from the UK telling me they go trick or treating XD But seriously, no-one I knew said they went trick or treating after Year 5). It's seen as more childish here than the US, but I suppose it's because it's more of an American thing. I went to the Halloween aisle in Tesco's and hardly anything is bought, I'm sure, there were still *tons* of Halloween decorations and pumpkins left yesterday that have been there for a week.

Christmas is right around the corner, it looks kinda stupid with Halloween stuff next to Christmas stuff XD

supertails
October 25th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Stores are already celebrating.

Kyoko
October 25th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm going as a lady gangster from the 1920's. I don't trick or treat anymore, but I do attend Halloween parties and hand out candy :>

13 ain't old at all. hell, I know people my age still going out for candy.

supertails
October 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I did until 16 then stopped.

Mr. Epic
October 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I want candy dun dun dunan, I wan candy dun dun dunan!
Happy Haloween n00bs :P give me candy or I will egg your house!

Memory
October 25th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'm going as a nerd, as well. XD All my friends and I are, actually, and we're going to school like that. :B Dress up as something silly and laugh at yourself. 13 is FAR from too old. Don't even try to be cool. Embrace your inner dork! :'D

Harley Quinn
October 25th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I'm going as a nerd, as well. XD All my friends and I are, actually, and we're going to school like that. :B Dress up as something silly and laugh at yourself. 13 is FAR from too old. Don't even try to be cool. Embrace your inner dork! :'D
Are you going as Steve Urkel?

TRIFORCE89
October 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM
No one has knocked on our door for the last two years. So, we're not buying anything or decorating. I haven't gone out in years. I never really liked the holiday. Too many mean people trying to scare little kids. Don't chase a three year old with a pretend chain saw, kay? @_@

supertails
October 25th, 2008, 05:53 PM
At least you save money.

Cyclonek5
October 30th, 2008, 01:07 PM
13? too old???

anyway, I'm going to wear a vampire cloak, with a pumpkin mask on my head, a big red tie, a ninja belt, and some other stuff which I can't remember.

could you follow that? lol

Hawkfish
October 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I havn't celebrated Halloween since I was nine.

Cyclonek5
October 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
why? is it because yo think its childish or you just don't like it?

btw, I'm in 9th grade and pretty much everyone in my grade still goes trick-or-treating...does not matter if they are the 'cool' people or not

DarkTyphlosion157
October 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I give the fatter children Chinese chocolate with milk powder in lol

Staying in this Halloween, I live in a rough area so walking around in the dark isn't too good of an option

Hawkfish
October 30th, 2008, 02:32 PM
why? is it because yo think its childish or you just don't like it?

No, it was because my mom pulled me out of public school that year and then woudn't let me go anywhere. Except to the grocery.

4th Gen Matt
October 30th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Last year (when I was 14) was my last year of trick-or-treating.

Thirteen is not too old! What grade are you in? 8th? If you REALLY insist on not going, then try the following:

- Get an extremely scary costume and as soon as the kids that just got candy from your house turn around, jump out of the bushes and scare the crap out of them. Beware for angry parents though!

- Go to a party if you know of one. Don't do anything you will regret though. Seriously.. don't.

- Just chill. This is what I am doing. My family is going trick-or-treating and I will be on PC. Great fun.

Whatever you choose.. have fun. Oh and.. stay out of dark alleys.

txteclipse
October 30th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I scare people/pass out candy now. It's ridiculously fun. Two years ago I took the chain off of a chainsaw and chased people around with it while it was running. I'm amazed I didn't get arrested. XD

marz
October 30th, 2008, 03:42 PM
psh, thirteen? too old? I'm older than you and I'm going out trick-or-treating tomorrow. So what if you have to beg for candy, you're only gaining: if you wear a mask, the people who give you candy can't see your face, therefore don't know who you are.

FREE EFFING CANDY.

Don't pass that up man, since it's the only time you can legally get free candy. Once a year only. You've still got a couple more years to do it, and if you stay shorter than the norm for your age, even longer!

Gerri Shin
October 30th, 2008, 08:41 PM
same as ^ except I'm 2 to 10. at least I get to where jeans instead of the uniform.

Toblerone
October 31st, 2008, 03:05 AM
Haha, well i'm not going to have a replay of last year. Teenagers who knew me (not friends) decided that they would egg the house in which i live in. Well, i am planning a little bit more this year. One catapult, water balloons.. anyway, i don't do much for Halloween, despite my love for chocolate.

I kinda lost the Halloween spirit.. i'm not sure when though. Perhaps at 13, so possibly 3 years ago then, i'm not sure. But i do like watching the little kids in their costumes.. the day is here, i can't wait to see the carnage caused.

Saryka
October 31st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Although getting free candy is pretty freaking sweet, I'm not trick-or-treating this year. I've kind of lost the Halloween spirit (although I did dress up this year, unlike the last two years, so that's a start :DD!), and I feel a little too old to be trick-or-treating anyway. It was lots of fun when I was a little kid, though. :D