PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Team Rocket Version

Shikamaru88
October 22nd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Ok, now i have been thinking what would make a team rocket game great? Would it be the fact your a team rocket member or would it be the lies deception, and power? I think a little bit of both and alot more, So to make a TR game you need to understand their goals and motvation, as well as have a Evil mind :) lol. So here is a very early and rough draft of my Game/idea/Dream

Game Name: PoKeMoN: Team Rocket <- Name may change.
Created With: RMXP

Intro: Of course your a team rocket member, to do givoanni's bidding. You will grow as a trainer and as a Team Rocket member, as you progress from a lowly Grunt to a Celebrated Rocket Admin. You will be giving missions from begginer to advanced diffculty and to acheve you must coninue to grow stronger and become better. You will travel from town to town completing missions and Achieving personal goals, Collecting pokemon for yourself and for the TR Corp. Making new friends and Stealing from them. The Life of a Team Rocket Member is now yours, go and make yourself a Legend.

Story: Not gonna be released from the intro you get the idea of gameplay and your place in the game.

Starters:
Standard Starters, fits with story...

Region:
Kanto - you cant really place team rocket anywhere else

ScreenShots:
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/UnitedGamer/PKMNTR01.pnghttp://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/UnitedGamer/PKMNTR04.pnghttp://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/UnitedGamer/PKMNTR08-1.png

Features: (Updates 10/31/09)

Theif System-(Undecided)
Well my favorite and Most likely the Cornerstone of this game.
Common Features-(Is In Development)
All the features like the day/night ect...
Quest/Mission System- (Is In Development)
Your orders usually giving to you by a Rocket Admin
Rep System/Trainer Level System-(Undecided) You'll still progress into a Rocket Admin just dunno how yet.
as you grow in ranks your Rep becomes higher, allowing you to take better items and get better missions.
Rocket Balls-(Is In Development)
These have a higher catch chance than Ultra balls, but are only available to higher Rocket members.
Orginal Rocket Events- (Is In Development)
you'll help in the takeover of sliph co and other widely know Rocket Events
Custom Hero Sprites-(Is In Development)
I am making custom Grunt & Admin Rocket sprites.
150+ Pokemon -(Undecided)
May include pokemon from different regions.

Pkmn Team rocket Creators:
Shikamaru88 - Mapper/Story writer/scripter/creator

Game Status:
Maps 100% Complete
Events 20% Complete

Credits:
Poccil - for the starter kit
4th Gen Matt - for his amazing resource pack
Curt - For the Indigo plateau maps helped me complete kanto

thats it for now i will be working on this alot though and this should change very soon...

Thats all i got for now but i'm sure i'll have alot more to come very soon, So this thread is reopened and I'm Waiting for your Suggestion :)

Ravecat
October 22nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Make custom grunt sprites.

Shikamaru88
October 22nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
is that a demand???? custom how? be more sepcfic do u want battle sprited or OW's i added a new screen shot in the first post....

Shikamaru88
October 23rd, 2008, 06:10 AM
First post Updated Some of the story is added.....

Ravecat
October 24th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Battle sprites and overworlds.

If the characters are going to be Team Rocket grunts they should at least be original Team Rocket grunts.

i.e. make them look like a Pokemon trainer would, only as if part of Team Rocket.

jackofalltrades
October 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
This looks interesting, I'll definatly have to keep an eye on this

Curt200718
October 24th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I like the story...you get to play as the bad guy...thats original for a pokemon game :)

Good luck with this.

Den
October 25th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I could sprite trainers and overworlds if you want.

Also the starters could reamain Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Just because they're in Team Rocket doesnt then need to have special pokemon, but if you really want to do that then Ekans, Koffing, and Meowth could be starters?

Ravecat
October 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I'd just let them pick between Ekans and Koffing, because that just screams Team Rocket.

~Undefined~
October 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM
hmmm... I voted for Koffing, but I reckon Grimer would be awesome too. This is a GREAT idea. :D
And are the sprites gonna change once you become an admin? That would be cool. :o
And you'd better finish this. I wanna play it! ;A;
Oh, and what's the link for the banner thing?

Shikamaru88
October 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM
hmmm... I voted for Koffing, but I reckon Grimer would be awesome too. This is a GREAT idea. :D
And are the sprites gonna change once you become an admin? That would be cool. :o
And you'd better finish this. I wanna play it! ;A;
Oh, and what's the link for the banner thing?

the admin will be later in the game very late but yes they will i am making custom admin graphics

Ninja Tree
October 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I think Rattata is a more common member of the common grunt's team than Koffing.

Curt200718
October 25th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I agree with Con, Koffing and Ekans are like standard Team Rocket Pokemon, Rattata is just a common pokemon period. No offense to you TheAbsol.

~Undefined~
October 25th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I agree with Con, Koffing and Ekans are like standard Team Rocket Pokemon, Rattata is just a common pokemon period. No offense to you TheAbsol.
I sorta agree. Team Rocket tends to be a poison type thing.
But you need to have three to chose out of though... EVERY pkmn game has three starters. :p
so yeah i think there should be three poison only pkmn (eg ekans, koffing and grimer)
I also think they should have an equal number of forms (like the three i just said)

EDIT: Just saying the last bit better so it makes more sense.
When I say "an equal number of forms" I mean that all three of the starters should have the same amount of evolutions. (like all the starters off the real games all have three)

Shikamaru88
October 26th, 2008, 09:01 AM
i got what u ment to balance it... nice undefined i'll lean towards yuour idea although i'll modify the pokemons moves and groth if i can... first event screenies coming soon thanks guys for the ideas keep them coming!! :)

~Undefined~
October 26th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I think with the graphics in the battle sence, the colours should be a more darker theme rather than the light orangy red. The classic Rocket theme is black/dark purple with a red "R".
I'm not saying that it isn't good now, it's really quite awesome, but a theme more appropriate to the Rocket thing would be cool. ^^
Just something to consider there. ^^

Shikamaru88
October 27th, 2008, 08:42 AM
i agree but i couldnt find a mixture of colors to throw to gether i'll try grey and red something like that....

Shikamaru88
October 27th, 2008, 09:05 PM
new screenies added oh and i will always post updates in first post so people dont have to search threads for updates

DamianLeonhart
October 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM
So Professor Oak, one of the Pokemon Worlds leading Pokemon researchers always carries around a level 5 Bulbasaur? lol, it's not an insult or anything, just don't see it happening. Other than that, good work.

Shikamaru88
October 29th, 2008, 01:46 PM
uhh its the first encounter of the game... and i do believe he carries no pokemon... he studies pokemon on his ranch... so uhh yeah........

suicidesal
October 29th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I think the starters should be:
Ekans, Koffing and Meowth... but if you don't want to go in the direction of the show I'd say
Rattata, Zubat and grimer

KJ
October 29th, 2008, 01:54 PM
i gotta say Koffing it only makes sence imo to have him as the third, i gotta say thanks for this though ive always wondered/wanted a game from the rocket side of things

Xaviar
October 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hey, looks good! Just a few comments...

Intro screenies (and throughout your game)::: I advise that you use proper punctuation so people take you seriously.

Battle screenies::: I don't really like that font for some reason... It's a little big, first of all. Whether you want it or not is up to you, just a thought.

Professor Oak's lab::: That map looks a little roomy and unfilled. Try adding some furniture, or shrink the map a little. Plus, add an exclamation mark on the first screenshot in that set, and in the fifth screenshot, capitalize come and put an apostrophe in let's.

And for the third starter, I voted other. A Zangoose would be cool, but everyone would pick that instead of Zubat or Ekans. Personally, I would prefer a Grimer.

Keep up the good work and don't give up on this!

~Undefined~
October 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM

Intro screenies (and throughout your game)::: I advise that you use proper punctuation so people take you seriously.

Battle screenies::: I don't really like that font for some reason... It's a little big, first of all. Whether you want it or not is up to you, just a thought.

Professor Oak's lab::: That map looks a little roomy and unfilled. Try adding some furniture, or shrink the map a little. Plus, add an exclamation mark on the first screenshot in that set, and in the fifth screenshot, capitalize come and put an apostrophe in let's.

And for the third starter, I voted other. A Zangoose would be cool, but everyone would pick that instead of Zubat or Ekans. Personally, I would prefer a Grimer.

I don't mean to be rude at all, but what has Zangoose got to do with team rocket? I have never seen a Rocket with a Zangoose.

Shikamaru88
October 31st, 2008, 06:38 AM

proper Grammer this i know i just am trying to get the events perfect before i go over and fix grammor errors also the zangoose is cool but yeah not a starter type pokemon and wouldn't balance things out.... the emis there i just didnt snapshot it and oak's lab map is horrible i know it was a quick throw together to get some screenies up... these problems will be fix by next update with more screenies

Shikamaru88
November 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
sorry 4 the lack of updates i have just been really busy

Hardy Har Har
November 8th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Aside from Ekans and Koffing, what about either Wobbuffet, Yanma, or Seviper as the 3rd starter? In the anime, Jessie has a Wobbuffet, Yanmega and Seviper.

dwnxo1
November 19th, 2008, 04:35 PM
so like will you be putting the main HQ for team rocket in this?

SL1MSHADY
November 19th, 2008, 05:29 PM
do u gots any screenies of gameplay?

~Undefined~
November 26th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hey, Shikamaru, what's going on? You haven't posted in a while... D:
Are you still making this game?

Shikamaru88
November 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
yes i'll try to explain my situation.. ok i recently moved and i am have trouble setting up my internet at new address and my provider made a mistake so i have to wait longer.. but i also got a new computer which has vista and as most of you know rpgmaker doesnt run too smoothly on vista so i'm going to try to download xp (downgrade windows)... but yes this game is still in full devolment...
i'll post again with screenies when everything is full

and yes it will have a rocket HQ and a police HQ and may even feature Team Rocket(jessie & James) themselves

thts all for now i wont dissapoint be patient

Shikamaru88
April 4th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I Announced awhile back that this project was scrapped while that was true I recently have had alot of free time and i decided to Restart production of this game... The First post Will be Updated when i have more to tell but the ideas above will be changed alot and You can expect a more professional thought out game...

dwnxo1
May 11th, 2009, 12:37 PM
i think it would be being part of team rocket is the cool part.

Shikamaru88
October 31st, 2009, 08:38 AM
Bumb!!!! Im finally back and working on this again Kanto is 100% mapped!!!

PokemonOI
October 31st, 2009, 08:49 AM
u need to update this.....

Shikamaru88
October 31st, 2009, 09:07 AM
i know im working on that now how you been buddy... hows malachite coming? msg me...

PokemonOI
October 31st, 2009, 09:45 AM
what r u using to make this?

Shikamaru88
October 31st, 2009, 09:47 AM
RMXP + GIMP ect... I dont like GM anymore i'll add it in so picky... lol :) jus kidding...

PokemonOI
October 31st, 2009, 09:54 AM
are you using the starter kit?

Shikamaru88
October 31st, 2009, 09:57 AM
are you using the starter kit?

Yeah, for the most part... i modfied some of it. why? credit will be giving when i update some more if thats what your wondering i got a notepad of who needs credit...

Shikamaru88
November 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
A small update just a few screenies

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/UnitedGamer/PKMNTR01.pnghttp://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/UnitedGamer/PKMNTR02.png

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/UnitedGamer/PKMNTR03.pnghttp://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/UnitedGamer/PKMNTR04.pnghttp://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm224/UnitedGamer/PKMN05.png

Shikamaru88
December 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
It seems my thread has died once again that could be because many think this project had died or that im not working on it but i am... Now i know my game isn't graphically good to look at or anything but heres a video sample of the beginning 5 minutes of gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dw106LyRTU

Hope this helps me get more support and help for this project...

ultron90
December 13th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Cool game! But don't you think it's kind of weird that people are friendly to the rocket people at pallet town?

Shikamaru88
December 14th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Cool game! But don't you think it's kind of weird that people are friendly to the rocket people at pallet town?

lol yeah i kinda do but all they know bout you at this point is your going to a private school... but your right i have a whole new idea for the beginning that was just my 1st attempt

rockeymon
December 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Shikamaru Do you need some one who can resprite tiles and ow and do a little editing on some of the Main sprites?

Shikamaru88
December 17th, 2009, 04:57 AM
This game was trashed my folders got corrupted somehow... mods please lock this.... but i'll pm you I have another project...

pokemaster01
March 1st, 2010, 07:22 PM
when are u releasing the game

March 2nd, 2010, 03:36 AM
You just revived an old thread which is against the rules, asked about a release date which is also against the rules.
Not to mention the fact that you completely overlooked the previous post in this thread in which the creator said he has stopped working on the game.

Oh boy, maybe it's time you read the rules? (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204839)