PDA

View Full Version : Poll: PKMN MD2 Best Starter

Pokepal17
October 24th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I'm gonna start MD2 Explorers of Time. What do you think is the best starter for the game? Please say why.

Dukey
October 24th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I'm gonna say Charmander, as he can learn alot of moves and has an immunity to ground moves like Earth Power

Pietacular
October 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I started with Pikachu, so... Pikachu. :3
The reason Pikachu is good: Discharge. Attacks all enemies in a room and is learned fairly early. Makes monster houses reeeeally easy.

Partner: Chimchar. I just like Chimchar, so there. And his Dig move comes in handy against the last boss in the main game.

CHG-Swampert
October 25th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Either Mudkip cause he ownz or Treecko and Turtwig because of all the drain techniques he can learn. Turtwig learns Razor leaf extremely fast so that'd be good when you're in need of critical hits. Saved me too many times

Xenart
October 25th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I'd say Charmander. I worked really good with him.

The Instant Classic
October 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Well the first time i played i was totodile and for me he was the...lol...BOMB!!!

Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z!
October 25th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Just go with the flow! I did, and I got Torchic, and I was so happy because I really wanted to be Torchic.

Ru-Kun
October 25th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I have to say Totodile is the best one to become, but that's just what I think.

pokelover445
October 25th, 2008, 03:52 PM
turtwig for sure!
he is the best!

Lucky 1276
October 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Pikachu. Just t-wave and then do whatevah. :D

AsugetRanzo
October 25th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I think I'm gonna say...Charmander.

RYOUKI
October 26th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Torchic, really one of the best starter, but Chimchar is what I say.

Chikorita, on the other hands, is a very bad partner.> :[

Blaziken_Boy
October 26th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Skitty for me. Even though you're normal type, you have a wide range of moves to learn. Piplup is perfect with Skitty, also.

groudonlover
October 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Torchic of course!
I have done PMD1 with a Torchic!
He completely owned the game(except for Articuno...)

*Firestar*
October 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
TurTwig or Chimchar. Turtwig because he has a wide range of grass attacks and drain moves and Chimchar because he is strong.

Cynic Kaka
November 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
I started with Pikachu, so... Pikachu. :3
The reason Pikachu is good: Discharge. Attacks all enemies in a room and is learned fairly early. Makes monster houses reeeeally easy.

Partner: Chimchar. I just like Chimchar, so there. And his Dig move comes in handy against the last boss in the main game.

Pikachu failed me at Darkrai.

Skitty, when you link tail whip and double slap is ownage

Stronkadonk
November 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Chimchar. It can learn Dig, as well as some good Fire Moves. And once it is a high level, it can REALLY pack a punch!

Hoshiko Aki
November 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Munclax us the best starter ever

_cynthia_
November 16th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Charmander
its really strong.

Drawicia
November 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Bulbasaur, Mudkip, or Piplup

Bulbasaur is a multiple type which comes in handy sometimes
Mudkip just because it is my favorite starter
and Piplup because peck is useful for grass types

Skaterzpenguin
November 16th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I say Mudkip is the best because its like part water and ground. If I had to give a second pokemon I would say chimchar or torchic. ;]

Milke
November 20th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Ok,

I'm thinking of getting one of the games, and I don't know who I'd want. I think I need Pikachu in there somewhere, and maybe Chimchar. Which is the best team from a STRATEGY point of view? (what I mean by this is no OMG PICK CHIKORITA ITS TEH BEST ITS SO CUTE)

Abenti
November 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I started with Pikachu as 'my' character and Mudkip as the partner. Works wonders... especially after they get to evolve since Mudkip ultimately becomes a Water/Ground type.

Milke
November 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I pwned in PMD1 with a Mudkip and a Bulbasaur, but are there any better options with a pikachu? I've already done Mudkip, so I'd like a change.

Is Chimchar / Pikachu any good?

RaikaCastillo
November 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Pikachu because Discharge PWNS. Stupid Dusknoir and his annoying little Sableeye went down quickly with about several discharges. The same goes for all the Guild Members during the Graduation Exam. And as for Darkrai, teach Pikachu dig and you can kill Rhyperior and then you can discharge away!

Meanwhile, I always pick Treecko for my partner to counter those annoying Water/Ground types.

Kokuo
December 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
My first time through I was Turtwig and Chimchar.
I'm doing it again with Mudkip and Pikachu.

Abenti
December 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
What I found hilarious was that when I did start with Mudkip/Pikachu (haven't restarted the game or anything), is that Mudkip (Chuu/Pikachu's partner) filt the name I gave him even before I saw what kind of personality he'd have. The name would be Piner (because in the begining, that's all the parter would do... pine/shiver/shake about how it's so nervous et al when it wants to join the Wigglytuff guild and so on).

awsomedude30
December 7th, 2008, 11:47 AM
munchlax because his focus punch rapes dialga, palkia, and darkrai

giro1221
December 10th, 2008, 06:39 AM
that is hard to say for sure because thare are many types advantages and disadvantages in the game like amp plains, treeko with energy ball is deadly. but in the steam dungeon with all the fire types, not so much. however i will give this advice, when you choose your partner its a good idea to choose one that has a type disadvantage to you, (so if your a chimchar, choose treeko or bulbasaur) it can cover most weaknesses, that and diversify your team, Ive got water types, bug types, grass types, poison types, even fighting types., in a nutshell cover all your bases, and you'll be fine.

Tilly08
December 14th, 2008, 06:16 PM
On my explorers of time, I`m squirtle and my partner is Bulbasaur

shockzone
December 27th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Pikachu.His attacks are good and he is of course awesome.

Saud-Blaziken
December 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
i would say charmander he is the best

pokedude61
December 28th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I chose to get chimchar, and picked piplup, and it worked good for me. Especially when I got to groudon, my first team couldn't do nothing good. They kept hitting 1's and 2's. With chimchar, I fount a grass knot during a dungeon exploration, and I found that chimchar could learn it, gave me a big advatange to rest of the game, piplup, I taught it the best water moves I could find + blizzard since it can hit the whole room.

xoBoxxy
December 30th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I love using Totodile for a starter, and having Cyndaquil for the partner, makes an awesome team.

Hana~
January 20th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I have to say Mudkip-chan. It naturally learns Protect; very helpful. Vacuum-Cut can be learned if you have the TM.

Partner: I always play Chikorita, and it is by far the best starter I know of.

Signing out, Hana~