PDA

View Full Version : Advice for asking out.

St. Anger
October 24th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Yep, help fellow PC members get a boy/girlfriend by posting advice and tips here!

I'm still trying.

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Flex your pecs, that'll wow her!

Failing that, I have one word. Rohypnol.

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM
just be yourself (if being yourself means you act like an idiot then don't do it) and DON'T pull off the ego maniac type, and don't use those dorky pick up lines.

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
What?!

Don't listen to the above post, he intends to confuse you so he can have all the babes to himself.

Trust your ol' uncle Foxy! Just show her the pecs, give her the wink and gun and then make an innuendo at her. You cannot fail with this method!

St. Anger
October 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I think that'll fail 322124787555677875577x0% of the time.

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I think that'll fail 322124787555677875577x0% of the time.

Well only if you don't have pecs. What I do is eat two yaks a day before hitting the gym to sculpt my guns. You need to be MANLY to pick up hot tail friend.

Virtual Chatot
October 24th, 2008, 02:55 PM
My best advice, just try people girls who you are friends with. I've seen many a friend hurt emotionally from dating someone they hardly knew at all.
Hell, I've been dating the same girl for the last two years, and we were friends from preschool.
When you date people whom you are friends with, there's no pressure to act out or do something stupid to impress them, because they already know you.

Ausaudriel
October 24th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Trust your ol' uncle Foxy! Just show her the pecs, give her the wink and gun and then make an innuendo at her. You cannot fail with this method!
That's so creepy. XD;

Anyway, I agree with Bamachi about just being yourself. Don't try so hard, just be casual and ask him/her if they'd like to catch a movie or something. It's harder in the long run to try and keep up some twisted facade that you use to try to get someone to like you at the start.

mystletainn
October 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Bah. Don't listen to these fools. It's muscles that gets the chicks. Trust me I know. I get girls all the time because of my lean, masculine figure. Slap her on the butt and say "How you doing baby? You - Me - Movies - 8:00." It works like a charm

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Bah. Don't listen to these fools. It's muscles that gets the chicks. Trust me I know. I get girls all the time because of lean, masculine figure. Slap her on the butt and say "How you doing baby? You - Me - Moves - 8:00." It works like a charm

Exactly what i was getting at!

See you at the gym for a mean ripping session tomorrow L-Dawg?

Ausaudriel
October 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Bah. Don't listen to these fools. It's muscles that gets the chicks. Trust me I know. I get girls all the time because of lean, masculine figure. Slap her on the butt and say "How you doing baby? You - Me - Moves - 8:00." It works like a charm
Well Luke, not all of us can have your toned, muscular, sculpted masculine figure after all. ;-; Some of us have to just go on our personalities.

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Well Luke, not all of us can have your toned, muscular, sculpted masculine figure after all. ;-; Some of us have to just go on our personalities.

Our whats?

I think you misspelled Beefy physique

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Luke and Fox DEFINE Ego maniac types! Girls won't fall for that, I helped my friend get with one of the hottests girls in school and he took MY advice, luke and Fox's advice will fail!

Amachi
October 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I think you should follow the lead of your favourite anime/manga series and just suddenly confront the girl when she's alone and announce your love for her to the world! \o/

Trust me, it totally works.

@Bamachi: ego = confidence and girls dig guys with confidence (unless they're the dominating type which means prepare to be her biatch, bro).

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Luke and Fox DEFINE Ego maniac types! Girls won't fall for that, I helped my friend get with one of the hottests girls in school and he took MY advice, luke and Fox's advice will fail!

Let me just show you where our advice will get you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqfRIQUFUjU

Oh, another paramount tip, make sure you have a handlebar mustache and a delicious mullet.

mystletainn
October 24th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Fox and I are not egomaniacs. We can't help we were natural-born Adonises who don't need this so called "person-al-itty" you people say is important.

October 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
=/ Yeah, all of the above suggestions never worked for me, but then again I'm no "big wheel" when it comes to dating.

I don't support smacking girls in the butt unless you're both very close friends and she does it to you as well. I also don't think just "being yourself" is a real safe bet either. If you want to get close to someone, you have to adjust your personality to make the relationship work, and that sometimes meaning changing a few things about yourself (don't worry, I don't think it'll be a major, life-altering change)

I always just try and be respectful and listen to what they say and try and be as supportive of their goals and such as possible =]

Jolty-kun
October 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/allsmilesbear/BogieFlexingPotters.jpg
As long as you have pec's like this dude, you'll have no problems with the ladies. (;

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/allsmilesbear/BogieFlexingPotters.jpg
As long as you have pec's like this dude, you'll have no problems with the ladies. (;
Where did you get this revealing picture of me? I demand to know! I need to buy it and have it framed, then give it as a gift to the Woman's Institute, to represent the Gift God gave women in general. Me.

Jolty-kun
October 24th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Where did you get this revealing picture of me? I demand to know! I need to buy it and have it framed, then give it as a gift to the Woman's Institute, to represent the Gift God gave women in general. Me.

I got it from that magazine, you knoww.
FHM's 100 Hottest people of 2008? (;

The Women's institute would love that, another way of making a good impression in-front of the ladies.

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I got it from that magazine, you knoww.
FHM's 100 Hottest people of 2008? (;

The Women's institute would love that, another way of making a good impression in-front of the ladies.

I completely forgot that I won that contest, thanks for reminding me!

That's another dating tip guys, get yourself some media attention, it doesn't matter how, remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity!

Amachi
October 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM
And chicks dig the bad guys.

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 03:22 PM
And chicks dig the bad guys.
This is true, carrying a 40 inch shotgun is normally a good way to catch a lady's eye.

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 03:23 PM
okay this is weird, I just got a direct e-mail for a girl asking me if she wants to hang out and I know her as the creeper girl, I don't want to be mean, other guys haven't turned her down but I might. so not true about the bad boy type, Girls like me just for being nice and knowing how to start a conversation, Hopefully I'll be able to score with the girl from my socials class and not this creeper.

Jolty-kun
October 24th, 2008, 03:24 PM
There's another one, I kinda have the feeling most girls aren't too keen on the good, cute sorta 'boy'. xD;
I would usually look for personality traits and similarity in a girl though. D;

Fox♠
October 24th, 2008, 03:26 PM
okay this is weird, I just got a direct e-mail for a girl asking me if she wants to hang out and I know her as the creeper girl, I don't want to be mean, other guys haven't turned her down but I might.

http://catmas.com/images/2007/07/its-a-trap.jpg

There are no girls on the internet, do not be silly!
That is how not to get a girl.

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I think the girls think of me as more "Sweet" than bad, me and the girl from my socials class are already good friends, I 'm gonna wait a bit longer cuz she does have the choice of sitting with me and her other close friend but she sits with me instead. and the creeper girl is from my math class so I know who she is.

Confuse
October 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
My best advice, just try people girls who you are friends with. I've seen many a friend hurt emotionally from dating someone they hardly knew at all.
Hell, I've been dating the same girl for the last two years, and we were friends from preschool.
When you date people whom you are friends with, there's no pressure to act out or do something stupid to impress them, because they already know you.

That piece of text must have been sent down by the heavens. I've known my crush since the 1st grade. Thank you, Virtual Chatot.

As for my advice, I don't have much. I do know for a fact that girls love guys they can talk to. It's ten times better when guys give their open, honest opinion about the subject(Just don't make insulting jokes). Connection is win.

Don't try to be anyone you're not, and try to keep the bodily noises to a minimum.

(And FoxHound! just cracks me up).

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I guess thats why that girl is starting to like me. and I also love her accent, she has the most beautiful british accent.

Confuse
October 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
If she has an amazing voice, I completely understand why you'd want to listen to her talk.

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM
If she has an amazing voice, I completely understand why you'd want to listen to her talk.
Exactly, I could talk to her all day, and I think shes into me too, why else wouldn't she sit with her other guy friends who I think like her and she chooses to sit beside me instead?

Amachi
October 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Oh wow I can't believe I missed this. First off I'll have to say that you're lucky because your situation is pretty rare, cause generally girls don't want to date their friends.

But hey, if you're one of the lucky exceptions , good for you.

Confuse
October 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Exactly, I could talk to her all day, and I think shes into me too, why else wouldn't she sit with her other guy friends who I think like her and she chooses to sit beside me instead?

Ooo, man. You have a great thing goin'. I'd listen to my crush talk all day, I'd be glad she'd have the confidence to talk to me about problems.

I just wish I could converse with her better. Stop all the random pauses to find words that aren't stupid.

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Ooo, man. You have a great thing goin'. I'd listen to my crush talk all day, I'd be glad she'd have the confidence to talk to me about problems.

I just wish I could converse with her better. Stop all the random pauses to find words that aren't stupid.
wow I hope things go between you and your crush well, maybe around christmas time things will start to shake up, (mistletoes anyone?) can't wait to see her on monday!

Confuse
October 24th, 2008, 04:00 PM
wow I hope things go between you and your crush well, maybe around christmas time things will start to shake up, (mistletoes anyone?) can't wait to see her on monday!

Thanks, man. Unfortunately, we don't go to the same school, and only see each other Sunday. She knows I like her, and she's said she doen't like anyone right now, which is perfectly cool.

I plan to send her a birthday card as well, since it's on Halloween.

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 04:11 PM
oh nice, and good job, when she says she doesn't like anyone at the moment then its good to stay friends for now. I'm sure you'll get her :D

Syrex
October 24th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Just start out by talking to her. Get to know her, and what she does. Talk sweet to her. Compliment her on how good she looks. her personality. Just talk to her for awhile and just ask her. but she if she is flirty or acts likes shes interested.

Sounds
October 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
oh nice, and good job, when she says she doesn't like anyone at the moment then its good to stay friends for now. I'm sure you'll get her :D

yeah thats usually what i do when a friend of minehas the feeling that she's hated,dn VC i envy u badly lol
for the advice:
don't show off too much if ur the macho kinda guy,cuz then the girls will get pissed(i know they will),if ur the calm kinda guy like me,respect them,maybe a few humorus jokes,lot of compliments and try to stay close.

Saltare.
October 24th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Well, hang out with the person you wanna ask out. Wit me and my boyfriend, we started off as friends, then he asked me out one morning. So, I guess that's all i can offer

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I hang out with this girl quite often, we're getting to closer to being a couple.

Sounds
October 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM
lol i hang out with lots of girls too
nd in the poll,whoever made the thred forgot the "i broke up" and "i got dumped recently"
options

Virtual Chatot
October 24th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Oh wow I can't believe I missed this. First off I'll have to say that you're lucky because your situation is pretty rare, cause generally girls don't want to date their friends.

But hey, if you're one of the lucky exceptions , good for you.
Yeah, I guess I am pretty lucky :laugh:

Heh, I can understand why girls wouldn't want to date their friends though, there's always that fear of it ruining the friendship in the end. I've had the same feeling in the past, but there isn't much danger since again, we know how we act and we're pretty compatible. ( i.e. she knows when I'm joking around, when strangers would think I was just being an ass )

True Reign
October 24th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Be yourself and get to know the girl/boy your looking to date.

I blew it yesterday with some girl. I may still have a chance, but I doubt it.

If you want to know the story, here it is:
I was on the bus, when this girl (a hot girl, mind you) asked me if I was in her science class. I responded saying ,"Oh yeah. Your ____'s friend". She looked at me like I was and idiot.

Helpful Tip #1: When talking to a girl never mention her friend when having a conversation that may determine wheather your friends, girlfriend/boyfriend, or someone who just happens to be on your bus who you don't talk to.

Xebelleon
October 24th, 2008, 11:26 PM
~Walk slowly if you are taller than (your preference)
~Remember to smile. Just not all the time.
~Giggles are nicer than raucous laughter. And there is more to snickers than just chocolate.
~It's rude to complain
~It's okay to SOMETIMES complain.
~It's okay for (us) boys to blush
~Girls can be just as shy about and around cutie boys.
~Buy some toe socks. Just kidding. (I think...)

Yu_&_Rei
October 24th, 2008, 11:36 PM
~Remember to smile. Just not all the time.
~Giggles are nicer than raucous laughter. And there is more to snickers than just chocolate.
~It's rude to complain
~It's okay to SOMETIMES complain.
~It's okay for (us) boys to blush
~Girls can be just as shy about and around cutie boys.
~Buy some toe socks. Just kidding. (I think...)
you forgot something, never lie, if you do then they'll hate you forever.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
October 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM

ok, but what do you do if she's about a foot taller? :/

Confuse
October 25th, 2008, 08:02 AM
ok, but what do you do if she's about a foot taller? :/

Based on what I've found out:

1. Get out of there. Now.
2. Hope to the Man Upstairs that she stays the same height.
3. Hope to the Man Upstairs that you have a major growth spurt.

Gumball Watterson
October 25th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Lol. What about if you already had your Growth Spurt? Hope to teh man upstairs she shrinks ;D.

Also, DO NOT hang out with her ALL the time. Trust me, worst mistake you'll ever make. It may not be obvious at first, but that one will be a total heart breaker...

Fox♠
October 25th, 2008, 11:36 AM
If she is a foot too tall, simple, take a hacksaw to her legs. Result!

Confuse
October 25th, 2008, 11:44 AM
If she is a foot too tall, simple, take a hacksaw to her legs. Result!

...You'd probably be a foot shorter as well. You're cuttin' off her legs, not her arms.

Or her rage for doin' so.

boo836
October 25th, 2008, 11:54 AM

Completely true. And actually, it's not too uncommon for most people to have that happen to them. Infact, my parents knew eachother since they were 3 and grew up to be friends.

This is true, carrying a 40 inch shotgun is normally a good way to catch a lady's eye.

Foxhound, you do realise that carrying a 40 inch shotgun WILL catch anyone's eye, male or female. >_>;

Roy G. Biv
October 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I kinda have the feeling most girls aren't too keen on the good, cute sorta 'boy'.
Oh, bollocks. Being 'sweet' works more than half the time XD
If you want to get a girl, get to know her first and be open about stuff. Listen and don't try to tell lots of jokes and crap like that.

But I guess in the end it really depends on the girl...

Emii
October 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Hm.. I dunno how to really ask someone out, since I don't because I'd feel awkward.. I always let the guy do it. ^^; I knew my boyfriend for about 9 months, and I liked him for awhile before he asked me. I was on the phone with him all the time, and he asked me weird questions like, "what would you do if my friend asked you out? what about your friend? What if I asked you out?" XD and I asked if he was asking me out. Then he said "well what would you say if I was?" so yeah. that's basically how he asked me out.

Amachi
October 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Oh, bollocks. Being 'sweet' works more than half the time XD
If you want to get a girl, get to know her first and be open about stuff. Listen and don't try to tell lots of jokes and crap like that.

But I guess in the end it really depends on the girl...
lol.

edit: bah it ain't showing up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYonOKuYwhI

I don't listen to Good Charlotte with any dedication, but these guys are right, and it works both ways too. I mean, sucking up does work but in the end you wind up being the slave of some attention seeking girl who will probably toss you away anyway.

If anything don't be too nice (and I suppose not too mean). I guess that'd be a healthy approach.

marz
October 25th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Well, let's see. It depends on the girl you're planning on asking out. If you want to ask out a **** to, ahem, "relieve some stress" you may be under, then all you really need to have is looks. They'll go out with just about any guy. Thus why they're called ****s.

But, if you're actually looking to get a decently respectable girl (or higher) you need to be yourself, considering that yourself is a tolerable person. If you're a little annoying pest that finds it funny to give wedgies or fart in people's faces, that'll get you the wrong attention. Avoid doing stuff that she doesn't like to get her attention, cause if you do, that's stepping all the way back to freaking preschool. Basically what you need is three things: humor, the ability to hold up a conversation and confidence. The third one is probably what you lack, seeing as you're asking for help on a forum. No offense. If you're naturally a funny guy, you're basically set. If you're naturally funny, and relaxed around girls, you're definitely set. Add that up with the ability to hold a conversation, and keep talking to this girl. You cannot expect to have a good conversation with her for five minutes and think she'll say yes if you ask her out. Just cause you like her, doesn't mean she likes you back. Yet. So, if you just keep talking to her, and being really friendly and nice (girls hate jerks), and ask her out after a while, you'll be fine. All you need to do is forget about the "what if"s, y'know? Thinking to yourself "what if she says no and calls me a creep?!" that'll just bring your confidence way dowwwwn. So don't.

Also, seriously don't ask her out out of the blue. A conversation that goes a little something like:
Her- "Hey!"
You- "heyy, what's up?
"Oh nothing much. I have so much homework I need to do, ughhh."
"That sucks, wanna go out with me sometime?"
"...huh?"

I suggest just being like "Listen, I have to ask you something." and then asking her out. It'll bring down the shock level by quite a lot.

Jaydin Knight
October 26th, 2008, 08:32 AM
This one time in 6th grade, a guy I didn't like at all asked me out. I thought it was sooo sweet that he was brave enough to ask me out (but, then again, he was blushing like mad) so I went out with him for a bit. About three and a half days later, I realized I was totally avoiding him and he was wearing cologne. I hate cologne. So I dumped him, felt bad about it, and avoided him for the rest of the school year.

But anyway, for asking people out, I've found that if you get your friends to ask someone out for you, it works very well, as long as you trust your friend. Like, this one time my friend Jessica told Mandy to ask Mike out for Jessica, but somehow they got confused and Mandy came back and said Mike would have sex with her. Since we were twelve, Jessica was mortified and hid from them for the rest of seventh grade. Recently, Mike asked me in 6th hour why Mandy wanted to have a threesome with Jessica and Mike. It was hilarious, and Jessica and Mandy are no longer friends, but...goes to show what happens in misunderstandings.

spike6958
October 26th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I got a Girlfriend but i couldn't help but vote for Mudkipz. =D

Sounds
October 26th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I got a Girlfriend but i couldn't help but vote for Mudkipz. =D

lol i can't be stuffed with voting atm,lol did anyone ever get rejected like badly here when asking a girl out? as in humiliated.

Virtual Chatot
October 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM
lol i can't be stuffed with voting atm,lol did anyone ever get rejected like badly here when asking a girl out? as in humiliated.

I personally haven't no, but my brother has had some bad experiences with rejection. He always asks the pretty* girls out, who are already dating someone, and then gets shot down. He sets his bar way to high, I wish he would learn to set his goals lower.

Usually the girl who may be more physically...gifted...may seem the more attractive, but really the girl who is homely is the girl who actually appreciate you more.

* please note that when I say "pretty", I may be referring to the ****ty girls.

I think the rejection discussion...
1. Needs its own thread
2. Needs to be expanded to allow girls

Kitty-Kat
October 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hehehe, I voted Mudkipz because my Master doesn't fall into the category of either boyfriend or girlfriend :P And I certainly don't have no one.
iGod did call him my girlfriend though... XD It was funny.

Anyway. My best advice is: Just go for it. Because they probably like you, too. And if they don't, if they're your friend, they will be nice about it.
Also, do it as in-person as you can. It's probably been said a million times, but people will give you a more honest answer.