PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Deus Ex Machina
October 26th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Hello and thank you for letting me join this forum. This seems like a really interesting place. I get somewhat shy and I'm sorry about that. I hope that I get to meet some interesting people in this forum and make friends. Thanks again!

Fizzle
October 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Welcome, I just joined to.
You seem like a nice guy :P

Aurafire
October 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Welcome to PC, DEM! (I can't imagine where you got your username from XD)

We should be thanking you for joining! We're always happy to accept new members into the PC family. Don't worry, everyone here is very friendly and willing to help you out. It's perfectly understandable to be a little shy in a new place, but there's really no reason to be here at PC...I'm sure you'll get along wonderfully!

Please do read the rules/FAQ, as they should answer most of your questions, and PM/VM me if you ever need anything else and I'd be happy to assist! ^_^

Relax and have fun, and I'll see you around!

Deus Ex Machina
October 26th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I forgot to mention that since my username is long, you can just call me "Deus" or commonly DEM as an example of what Aurafire did. Thanks!

Adâm
October 26th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Hello, It's great that another person has joined the PC forums! I used to very shy, but now I'm really quite Adamant about myself! Although I am still quite embarrassed at how long it took to the first badge. (6 hours OMG) Because I was training my grass pokemon. I really want to get a Roserade. Anyway, welcome to the forum!!

Hiidoran
October 26th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Letting you in?
Who let you in?!
Security! xD

No, I'm completely kidding of course. Welcome to the ol' Pokecommunity, Deus.
(Doesn't Deus Ex Machina mean something like Saved by the Machine?)

Well, usually I would have a whole little speech regarding how everyone is a bit shy when they first join a new community, but apparently it is not so. I learned that in a fun conversation with someone who has been here a bit longer than me. I suppose there are some people who can just jump into the forum scene and blend right in, but for most normal people it's a process of adjusting. I'm sure you will adjust well. ;D

The Pokecommunity is simply full to the rim with interesting members who would just love to chat with you! The vast majority of this rather large community is incredibly friendly so you should have no qualms making new friends whatsoever.

Don't worry about a thing, Deus. You're going to have a great time!
Take good care now.

Edit: I was just messing with you, Deus. You're of course welcome to do whatever you wish here. Oh, and thanks for explaining that to me. I remember learning that term back when I was a Sophomore. xD

Necromancy
October 26th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I love how Hiidoran and Aurafire welcome practically everyone. What great guys. XD

You also seem like a great guy. Welcome to the Community! Your username seems pretty cool. ^_^ Making friends is one of the best aspects of joining a community, especially one as awesome as this one. I hope you have a nice time here, and I'll see ya' around!

(:

True Reign
October 26th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Welcome, Machina.

I'll have to tell you now, that this is the best forum you'll ever go to in your entire life. :)

Dukey
October 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hey, I hope you can meet some new friends too
*Jumps up and down trying to get your attention*

Anyways, welcome to PC!

Mariah Carey
October 26th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I dare everyone to say DEM's name really fast.

Welcome to PC, read the rules, have fun and all that blah.

Deus Ex Machina
October 26th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Letting you in?
Who let you in?!
Security! xD

No, I'm completely kidding of course. Welcome to the ol' Pokecommunity, Deus.
(Doesn't Deus Ex Machina mean something like Saved by the Machine?)

Well, usually I would have a whole little speech regarding how everyone is a bit shy when they first join a new community, but apparently it is not so. I learned that in a fun conversation with someone who has been here a bit longer than me. I suppose there are some people who can just jump into the forum scene and blend right in, but for most normal people it's a process of adjusting. I'm sure you will adjust well. ;D

The Pokecommunity is simply full to the rim with interesting members who would just love to chat with you! The vast majority of this rather large community is incredibly friendly so you should have no qualms making new friends whatsoever.

Don't worry about a thing, Deus. You're going to have a great time!
Take good care now.

If anyone like Hiidoran wanted to know what Deus Ex Machina means, Deus Ex Machina is the latin term that in latin terms means "god of machines". There is also an English definition for this term meaning "A person who is able to come up with a solution to a seemingly insolvable difficulty/situation." This is pretty much my English definition of the term.

Besides that, I wanted to thank everyone who introduced themselves and welcomed me here. You're right though Hiidoran, I kind of just let myself in. Sorry!

Sounds
October 26th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hey there,welcome to PC,nice to meet you,i'll be around if u have any questions,ask

Snowfire
October 26th, 2008, 02:59 PM
No, you can't join this forum, you're not cool enough :<

Haha, just kidding, of course you can! We love getting new members here! PC is a very friendly and helpful community with awesome members. =)

Enjoy your time here!