PDA

View Full Version : Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

rockerzz182
July 18th, 2011, 06:59 AM
This is the a great hack..the best hack ive played so far since ive play Pokemon Flora SKy..i hope you dont change the story and the graphics..also i wish that you add a town map to carry and add a healer on yellow town and a bicyle/motorcycle,evolve feebas in the english version..Thanks..

Alex31
July 18th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Lauren Leaders:
#1 Leader: Rock (Rocha Hyouta)
#2 Leader: Flying (Cirocco Nagi)
#3 Leader: Fighting (Marshana Shijima)
#4 Leader: Fire (Cole Moore)
#5 Leader: Normal (Reginald Haruka)
#6 Leader: Poison (Quill Kyo)
#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentala Fu)
#8 Leader: Steel (Estelle Mikan)

Lauren Elite Four:
#1 Elite Four: Poison (Belladonna Kyo)
#2 Elite Four: Normal (Malcam Haruka)
#3 Elite Four: Flying (Avicana Nagi)
#4 Elite Four: Dragon
#5 Champion: Victorrie Tremblay

Stupid question. But are you going to have:
Leader Rocha wants to battle!
OR
Leader Rocha Hyouta wants to battle!

Apart from that, if the only other thing being changed is the difficulty, then it's fine in my view. This whole relationship thing is just a minor change and won't edit any of the scripts or the gameplay, so its fine.

EDIT: How about Nessie for the Dragon Gym? I mean, who hasn't heard of the Loch Ness monster...

UnitedWashclothExpress
July 18th, 2011, 08:26 AM
What Wesley meant by "Since you're not modifying my original story"
is that I cannot edit his core story, but that doesn't mean
that I cannot edit some minor stuff that wouldn't affect the core story of the hack at all. I don't see why adding a few background stories in the Gym Leaders will affect the core story.

It's not that I'm making the player go around a few more circles in order to get to the next event...

For one, "freedom to change whatever they want in the game since you do not modify the original story. (NO CHANGE HISTORY OR GRAPHICS )" does not in any way sound like, "minor events within the story may be altered." What it says is that anything relating to the story should not be tampered with. Tampering with the story would imply one subtracting from or adding to the story. Simply because the game has a set path to completion does not mean that anything in-between does not matter.

Second of all, the difference between a minor character and major character is depth. Supporting characters (minor characters) are flat. This means that they are two-dimensional and do not exhibit personal growth. This is to not say that they are not needed. They serve their soul purpose in the story, and that is it. (Example: Gym Leader Brock from Red/Blue) What you are doing by adding outside motivations to the gym leader (i.e Marriage) is changing a minor character into a major character. While this character's plot may not directly affect the player's main goal of collecting gym badges, you have rewritten a minor character into a major character who now has their own minor plot within the story. This is Literature 101.

As an example, let's say that I am translating Eugene Ionesco's Exit The King. Shakespeare has given me power to use whatever font I wish, the power to localize names, and I can even format the structure of the text. However, I cannot change the plot. Regardless, I take the nameless guard character and give him a family and devote some time exploring his interaction with them. The reader is now no longer getting Eugene Ionesco's plot of Exit The King, nor are they getting the characters Ionesco imagined, but instead my interpretation of what and how things should be. This is how adding background stories will change the story.

To summarize, adding to characters is changing the story. By doing more than changing a name, you are changing how the story flows. Wesley's statement was not broad. It did not leave anything open to interpretation. Even with language issues, he made it clear that everything is fair game except the storyline and graphics. Your PARTNER Ash said you are changing Wesley's hack into your own hack. Based upon what you have said and what has been presented, I would have to agree.

Gren Draco
July 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Can someone tell me where I can find Gible and Bagon in this hack? I have no idea where they are.
Aparantly, they're on the right of Dragonbreath city? But they're not in Mt.Draken, so I have no idea where to look.
Some help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Barbie Jean
July 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
"I've been working on some extra random Trainers. These Trainers will only battle if you interact with them, and they will have 6 PKMN but all of their PKMN will not have high AI level. After all, they're only random Trainers."

That seems like a idea that can work, but do not dare say where they are located because it should be a surprise.

Sarcastic Prince
July 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Stupid question. But are you going to have:
Leader Rocha wants to battle!
OR
Leader Rocha Hyouta wants to battle!

Apart from that, if the only other thing being changed is the difficulty, then it's fine in my view. This whole relationship thing is just a minor change and won't edit any of the scripts or the gameplay, so its fine.

EDIT: How about Nessie for the Dragon Gym? I mean, who hasn't heard of the Loch Ness monster...

Obviously, it's going to be "Leader Rocha would like to battle!"
I won't include her surname. (I doubt that there is even space for that)
Her surname will only be mentioned before the battle.

This is the a great hack..the best hack ive played so far since ive play Pokemon Flora SKy..i hope you dont change the story and the graphics..also i wish that you add a town map to carry and add a healer on yellow town and a bicyle/motorcycle,evolve feebas in the english version..Thanks..

A few things have already added into the hack.
1. Healing machine in Verdart Town (Yellow Town's new name)
2. Feebas evolves in Lv. 25.
3. Core story won't be edited; however, some minor stuff will be added. But it still wouldn't affect the core story.
4. There is already "bicycle". It's the Team Steam Uniform.

For one, "freedom to change whatever they want in the game since you do not modify the original story. (NO CHANGE HISTORY OR GRAPHICS )" does not in any way sound like, "minor events within the story may be altered." What it says is that anything relating to the story should not be tampered with. Tampering with the story would imply one subtracting from or adding to the story. Simply because the game has a set path to completion does not mean that anything in-between does not matter.

Second of all, the difference between a minor character and major character is depth. Supporting characters (minor characters) are flat. This means that they are two-dimensional and do not exhibit personal growth. This is to not say that they are not needed. They serve their soul purpose in the story, and that is it. (Example: Gym Leader Brock from Red/Blue) What you are doing by adding outside motivations to the gym leader (i.e Marriage) is changing a minor character into a major character. While this character's plot may not directly affect the player's main goal of collecting gym badges, you have rewritten a minor character into a major character who now has their own minor plot within the story. This is Literature 101.

As an example, let's say that I am translating Eugene Ionesco's Exit The King. Shakespeare has given me power to use whatever font I wish, the power to localize names, and I can even format the structure of the text. However, I cannot change the plot. Regardless, I take the nameless guard character and give him a family and devote some time exploring his interaction with them. The reader is now no longer getting Eugene Ionesco's plot of Exit The King, nor are they getting the characters Ionesco imagined, but instead my interpretation of what and how things should be. This is how adding background stories will change the story.

To summarize, adding to characters is changing the story. By doing more than changing a name, you are changing how the story flows. Wesley's statement was not broad. It did not leave anything open to interpretation. Even with language issues, he made it clear that everything is fair game except the storyline and graphics. Your PARTNER Ash said you are changing Wesley's hack into your own hack. Based upon what you have said and what has been presented, I would have to agree.

Say whatever you want, but more people seem to be fine with the changes. Only a few people are not fine with the changes. You, of all people, are one of them. Nobody even cares about that. They'll feel more excited in playin' this edited stuff, though.

"I've been working on some extra random Trainers. These Trainers will only battle if you interact with them, and they will have 6 PKMN but all of their PKMN will not have high AI level. After all, they're only random Trainers."

That seems like a idea that can work, but do not dare say where they are located because it should be a surprise.

Yep, I just like random walking NPC-like Trainers.
They'll be sure to scare the hell out of the players.

Sarcastic Prince
July 18th, 2011, 03:51 PM
hey man u have my support.

Good. I like to have power and reputation on my side!

Anyways, here's the updated list of the names, their relationships and surnames:

Zheri Leaders:

#1 Leader: Bug: (Ariadna Tsukushi) -Older sister of Bugsy Tsukushi
#2 Leader: Grass (Floria Bush) -Maternal cousin of Gardenia Natane
#3 Leader: Water (Trentan Mikuri) -Younger brother of Wallace and Lochen Mikuri
#4 Leader: Ghost (Auric Matsuba) -Younger brother of Morty Matsuba
#5 Leader: Ground (Atlur Kikuno) -Grandson of Bertha Kikuno; older brother of Terreno Kikuno
#6 Leader: Electric (Voltige Tessen) -Grandson of Wattson Tessen
#7 Leader: Ice (Aisey Suzuna) -Older sister of Candice Suzuna
#8 Leader: Dragon (Wesley Amaral) -Maternal cousin of Lance, Bipeda and Clair Wataru;
Has a girlfriend named Bruna Borges (Lives in Wesley's house)

Zheri Elite Four:

#1 Elite Four: Ground (Terreno Kikuno) -Younger brother of Atlur Kikuno; grandson of Bertha Kikuno
#2 Elite Four: Water (Lochen Mikuri) -Older brother of Trentan Mikuri, younger brother of Wallace Mikuri
#3 Elite Four: Dark (Foula Karin) -Older sister of Karen Karin
#4 Elite Four: Steel (Metella Mikan) -Older sister of Jasmine and Estelle Mikan
#5 Champion: Kahori Abukara -Has a crush on Jas Matthews (Prof. Jasmine) Updated name: Prof. Jas Matthews

Lauren Leaders:

#1 Leader: Rock (Rocha Hyouta) -Younger sister of Roark Hyouta; daughter of Byron Hyouta
#2 Leader: Flying (Cirocco Nagi) -Younger sister of Winona and Avicana Nagi
#3 Leader: Fighting (Marshana Shijima) -Daughter of Chuck Shijima
#4 Leader: Fire (Cole Moore) -Younger brother of Flannery Moore; grandson of Blitz Moore
#5 Leader: Normal (Reginald Haruka) -Son of Norman Haruka; older brother of May, Max and Malcalm Haruka
#6 Leader: Poison (Quill Kyo) -Son of Koga Kyo; Older brother of Janine and Belladonna Kyo
#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentalland Fu) -Son of Jin Fu; Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu
#8 Leader: Steel (Estelle Mikan) -Younger sister of Metella Mikan; older sister of Jasmine Mikan

Lauren Elite Four:

#1 Elite Four: Poison (Belladonna Kyo) -Daughter of Koga Kyo; Younger sister of Janine and Quill Kyo
#2 Elite Four: Normal (Malcalm Haruka) -Son of Norman Haruka; younger brother of Reginald Haruka; Older brother of May and Max Haruka
#3 Elite Four: Flying (Avicana Nagi) -Older sister of Winona and Cirocco Nagi
#4 Elite Four: Dragon (Bipeda Wataru) -Maternal cousin of Wesley; Younger sister of Lance Wataru; Paternal cousin of Clair Wataru
#5 Champion: Victorrie Tremblay - Has a crush on Bipeda Wataru and tries his best to teach her to be the best

Steam Admins:

-Sheyla Gomes
-Shirl Anderson

Steam Leaders:

-Vatten Vodi and Mitsis Zemya (Surnames in Bulgarian; means water and land respectively); Relationship: Maternal and Paternal cousins
-Katyne Cardoso
-Zeal Sanchez (Persie)
-Kratos Ferreira

Steam King:

Zero Nula (Surname in Bulgarian; also means zero)

According to the above data, it seems that most people in Light Platinum are Japanese;
while Team Steam have Bulgarians, Americans and Brazillians as members.

Rivals:

-Red Nelson
-Solana Kazuki-Hinata; Wife of Lunick Kazuki
-Lunick Kazuki; Husband of Solana
-Xenza Allen
-Xenzo Wright
- Ethan Hibiki
- Lucas Koki
- Silver Griffin

World Champion:

Ash Ketchum
Description:

-Has a total of 3 wives:

-Misty Ketchum-Kasumi
-May Ketchum-Haruka
-Dawn Ketchum-Hikari

1 new girlfriend - Iris

-World Champion in PKMN

-Has a lot of children in his estate, all having "Ketchum" as their surname.

Badge Names:

Zheri's Badges:

1. Bee Badge
2. Growth Badge
3. Sail Badge
4. Dusk Badge
5. Fossil Badge
6. Power Badge
7. Winter Badge
8. Meteor Badge

For Lauren's badges:
1. Cave Badge
2. Strato Badge
3. Macho Badge
4. Erupt Badge
5. Blank Badge
6. Ninja Badge
7. Brain Badge
8. Plate Badge

Tropical Sunlight
July 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Really? Ash has three wives AND a girlfriend? O.O
Think about it one more time.

UnitedWashclothExpress
July 18th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Truthfully, as long as you realize that Wes will not be happy with what you are doing, then fine. It is your choice in the end. I don't know of any forum rules you are breaking by overstepping what power Wes has given you, so there isn't much that can be done.

However, do not be surprised when edited versions of your "translation" are distributed, removing your storyline changes.

Gren Draco
July 19th, 2011, 01:21 AM
World Champion:

Ash Ketchum
Description:

-Has a total of 3 wives:

-Misty Ketchum-Kasumi
-May Ketchum-Haruka
-Dawn Ketchum-Hikari

1 new girlfriend - Iris

-World Champion in PKMN

Oh God, that's ridiculous. You realise how absurd this is don't you? I don't see why you're s adamant on doing it, it's adding nothing to the gameplay and just making the game seem like it should be called "Pokemon: The Soap Opera Version".
Really, Wes should have appointed someone better than you- I think I'll just keep playing the portugese one. I might not understand it, but it's gotta be better than the **** you're producing.

shomoher
July 19th, 2011, 01:52 AM
#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentalla Fu) -Daughter of Jin Fu; Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu

Just one thing: Mentalla is a daughter and a older brother at the same time? That doesn't make sense :)

And to the people that complain: JUST DON'T PLAY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. It's seriously getting annoying now

Sarcastic Prince
July 19th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Oh God, that's ridiculous. You realise how absurd this is don't you? I don't see why you're s adamant on doing it, it's adding nothing to the gameplay and just making the game seem like it should be called "Pokemon: The Soap Opera Version".
Really, Wes should have appointed someone better than you- I think I'll just keep playing the portugese one. I might not understand it, but it's gotta be better than the **** you're producing.

If you don't like what I'm editing, leave the thread alone. Really.
I'm not pissed, but neither am I appreciated with this comment.
Wesley made the right choice. I'm not just doing any translating - I'm editing a lot of things.
I don't realize how absurd this is. A pair of people who are dating should have results.
The result is marriage. Obviously, (If you watched the anime)
Ash Ketchum dated
-Misty Kasumi
-May Haruka
-Dawn Hikari

And he's now dating Iris.

#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentalla Fu) -Daughter of Jin Fu; Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu

Just one thing: Mentalla is a daughter and a older brother at the same time? That doesn't make sense :)

And to the people that complain: JUST DON'T PLAY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. It's seriously getting annoying now

Crap - I'll fix it.

Really? Ash has three wives AND a girlfriend? O.O
Think about it one more time.

I'm very clear in making this decision.
Well, these are the results of Poké Shipping, Pearl Shipping and Advanced Shipping.
Negai Shipping is still in progress.

Since PKMN tend to defy logic, even people who are at the age of 10 can have wives and children.
I might even include the estate for Ash Ketchum's family because of the Leagues he had won.
(Indigo, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh)

xXxLugia
July 19th, 2011, 03:08 AM
r u adding any new pokemon from black and white?

rockerzz182
July 19th, 2011, 03:39 AM
I Have A Suggestion If This Is okay..

World Champion:

Ash Ketchum
Description:

-Has a total of 3 wives:

-Misty Ketchum-Kasumi
-May Ketchum-Haruka
-Dawn Ketchum-Hikari

1 new girlfriend - Iris

-World Champion in PKMN

Why Dont You Give Misty To Ash
Then Add The Protagonist of Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald And Give Him May
Then Give Dawn To Lucas
Then Lastly Give Iris to Ethan

Instead of Ash Taking All The Girls And Giving them Children Coz Not All The People That Are Dating Didnt End Of marriage..

Why Dont You Merge the pokecenter and pokemart just like black and white..

And Add Professor Elm in This Game to Give Jhoto Starter,Rowan Gives The Sinnoh Starter then professor Oak Gives the kanto Starter Professor,Birch For Hoenn Starter,Juniper For Black And White Starter

Change The Starter To Be Unique from The Other Previous game Maybe The Selection Of Dragon,Dark,Steel..

Then Add Son,Daughter Maybe Twins Of Lance The Dragon Master to Be A new Rival..

As for bike i didnt know that the plasma suit is the bike for this game thanks for telling me..=D..
I Hope The English Version Will be New but Not Change..Just Like Nintendo DoesThe Remake Of Pokemon Gold And Silver to Heart GOld ANd Soul Silver..=DSorry for my poor English..

BiTeDroM
July 19th, 2011, 04:13 AM
A little task...
Are u goin to translate this rom anytimes to English.... i have seen some betas but they are full of bugs--- now i played one and hiker dont wanna give me rock smash... so i goin to try brazil final version...
Thx for answer...

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 19th, 2011, 04:31 AM
To be honest if I were to translate it I'd just decapitalize names, change badge names, change names of important characters like Gym Leaders to be meaningful, and change location names so they make more since, since Yellow Town has blue and green roofs.

gokuno
July 19th, 2011, 04:34 AM
this is prince should do wot ever he wants to do to it, hes making it more exciting and funny.

my only want is that u make it very very difficult, i hate going through the game easily killing every1 cos i train so much, its boring.

Crimson5M
July 19th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Good. I like to have power and reputation on my side!

Anyways, here's the updated list of the names, their relationships and surnames:

Zheri Leaders:

#1 Leader: Bug: (Ariadna Tsukushi) -Older sister of Bugsy Tsukushi
#2 Leader: Grass (Floria Bush) -Maternal cousin of Gardenia Natane
#3 Leader: Water (Trentan Mikuri) -Younger brother of Wallace and Lochen Mikuri
#4 Leader: Ghost (Auric Matsuba) -Younger brother of Morty Matsuba
#5 Leader: Ground (Atlur Kikuno) -Grandson of Bertha Kikuno; older brother of Terreno Kikuno
#6 Leader: Electric (Voltige Tessen) -Grandson of Wattson Tessen
#7 Leader: Ice (Aisey Suzuna) -Older sister of Candice Suzuna
#8 Leader: Dragon (Wesley Amaral) -Maternal cousin of Lance, Bipeda and Clair Wataru;
Has a girlfriend named Bruna Borges (Lives in Wesley's house)

Zheri Elite Four:

#1 Elite Four: Ground (Terreno Kikuno) -Younger brother of Atlur Kikuno; grandson of Bertha Kikuno
#2 Elite Four: Water (Lochen Mikuri) -Older brother of Trentan Mikuri, younger brother of Wallace Mikuri
#3 Elite Four: Dark (Foula Karin) -Older sister of Karen Karin
#4 Elite Four: Steel (Metella Mikan) -Older sister of Jasmine and Estelle Mikan
#5 Champion: Kahori Abukara -Has a crush on Jas Matthews (Prof. Jasmine) Updated name: Prof. Jas Matthews

Lauren Leaders:

#1 Leader: Rock (Rocha Hyouta) -Younger sister of Roark Hyouta; daughter of Byron Hyouta
#2 Leader: Flying (Cirocco Nagi) -Younger sister of Winona and Avicana Nagi
#3 Leader: Fighting (Marshana Shijima) -Daughter of Chuck Shijima
#4 Leader: Fire (Cole Moore) -Younger brother of Flannery Moore; grandson of Blitz Moore
#5 Leader: Normal (Reginald Haruka) -Son of Norman Haruka; older brother of May, Max and Malcalm Haruka
#6 Leader: Poison (Quill Kyo) -Son of Koga Kyo; Older brother of Janine and Belladonna Kyo
#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentalland Fu) -Son of Jin Fu; Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu
#8 Leader: Steel (Estelle Mikan) -Younger sister of Metella Mikan; older sister of Jasmine Mikan

Lauren Elite Four:

#1 Elite Four: Poison (Belladonna Kyo) -Daughter of Koga Kyo; Younger sister of Janine and Quill Kyo
#2 Elite Four: Normal (Malcalm Haruka) -Son of Norman Haruka; younger brother of Reginald Haruka; Older brother of May and Max Haruka
#3 Elite Four: Flying (Avicana Nagi) -Older sister of Winona and Cirocco Nagi
#4 Elite Four: Dragon (Bipeda Wataru) -Maternal cousin of Wesley; Younger sister of Lance Wataru; Paternal cousin of Clair Wataru
#5 Champion: Victorrie Tremblay - Has a crush on Bipeda Wataru and tries his best to teach her to be the best

Steam Admins:

-Sheyla Gomes
-Shirl Anderson

Steam Leaders:

-Vatten Vodi and Mitsis Zemya (Surnames in Bulgarian; means water and land respectively); Relationship: Maternal and Paternal cousins
-Katyne Cardoso
-Zeal Sanchez (Persie)
-Kratos Ferreira

Steam King:

Zero Nula (Surname in Bulgarian; also means zero)

According to the above data, it seems that most people in Light Platinum are Japanese;
while Team Steam have Bulgarians, Americans and Brazillians as members.

Rivals:

-Red Nelson
-Solana Kazuki-Hinata; Wife of Lunick Kazuki
-Lunick Kazuki; Husband of Solana
-Xenza Allen
-Xenzo Wright
- Ethan Hibiki
- Lucas Koki
- Silver Griffin

World Champion:

Ash Ketchum
Description:

-Has a total of 3 wives:

-Misty Ketchum-Kasumi
-May Ketchum-Haruka
-Dawn Ketchum-Hikari

1 new girlfriend - Iris

-World Champion in PKMN

Badge Names:

Zheri's Badges:

1. Bee Badge
2. Growth Badge
3. Sail Badge
4. Dusk Badge
5. Fossil Badge
6. Power Badge
7. Winter Badge
8. Meteor Badge

For Lauren's badges:
1. Cave Badge
2. Strato Badge
3. Macho Badge
4. Erupt Badge
5. Blank Badge
6. Ninja Badge
7. Brain Badge
8. Plate Badge

...Why does Ash have three wives and a girlfriend?

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 19th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Ash was never in a relationship with them in the first place, so he shouldn't be married or have a girlfriend in the first place. Pokemon is about competing along side a rival, battling a villanous team, catching Pokemon, and getting badges to defeat the Elite Four and become Champion, not relationships you know. It actually makes Light Platinum less fun as if it were done by someone else. It makes it even worse when you make up something about surnames being that person's Japanese name, and establishing something never established as official, making the quality in this ROM Hack bad. Sorry but this isn't a translation, just a crappy edit.

Sarcastic Prince
July 19th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I Have A Suggestion If This Is okay..

Why Dont You Give Misty To Ash
Then Add The Protagonist of Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald And Give Him May
Then Give Dawn To Lucas
Then Lastly Give Iris to Ethan

Instead of Ash Taking All The Girls And Giving them Children Coz Not All The People That Are Dating Didnt End Of marriage..

Why Dont You Merge the pokecenter and pokemart just like black and white..

And Add Professor Elm in This Game to Give Jhoto Starter,Rowan Gives The Sinnoh Starter then professor Oak Gives the kanto Starter Professor,Birch For Hoenn Starter,Juniper For Black And White Starter

Change The Starter To Be Unique from The Other Previous game Maybe The Selection Of Dragon,Dark,Steel..

Then Add Son,Daughter Maybe Twins Of Lance The Dragon Master to Be A new Rival..

As for bike i didnt know that the plasma suit is the bike for this game thanks for telling me..=D..
I Hope The English Version Will be New but Not Change..Just Like Nintendo DoesThe Remake Of Pokemon Gold And Silver to Heart GOld ANd Soul Silver..=DSorry for my poor English..

To be honest dude, now you're making this too complicated.

A little task...
Are u goin to translate this rom anytimes to English.... i have seen some betas but they are full of bugs--- now i played one and hiker dont wanna give me rock smash... so i goin to try brazil final version...
Thx for answer...

Yep - Ash's still workin' on this.

To be honest if I were to translate it I'd just decapitalize names, change badge names, change names of important characters like Gym Leaders to be meaningful, and change location names so they make more since, since Yellow Town has blue and green roofs.

Yep - Verdart Town instead of Yellow Town. I get it, I get it.

this is prince should do wot ever he wants to do to it, hes making it more exciting and funny.

my only want is that u make it very very difficult, i hate going through the game easily killing every1 cos i train so much, its boring.

Well, yeah... But now, I gotta tell Wesley that I'm making all these changes.
If he agrees, nobody will be able to stop me! HAHAHAHA!

Have watched the anime? I'm pretty much of a romantic person so I think that he should stick with his travelling girls.

In Chinese, we say, 「日久生情, 自然變性。」
Translation: Our hearts will express some feelings (In this case, love) if we stay attached with a person of opposite sex within a period of time.

Well, Ash has stayed with Misty for at 3 seasons (Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto), they're bound to have some kind of "feeling" (Little bit of romance, and love?), right?

For May and Dawn, they've stayed with Ash for quite a long time. They ought to have some "feeling" for Ash...

its because ash became a muslim pimp, he can have 10 wifes if he wants and he has a girlfriend that is a prostitute and he collects part of her earnings. and i think thats rlly cool.

Err... that's not true.
At the moment, 4 girls are in Ash's possession.
It is only a matter of time before Iris falls into the hands of Ash.

Ash was never in a relationship with them in the first place, so he shouldn't be married or have a girlfriend in the first place. Pokemon is about competing along side a rival, battling a villanous team, catching Pokemon, and getting badges to defeat the Elite Four and become Champion, not relationships you know. It actually makes Light Platinum less fun as if it were done by someone else. It makes it even worse when you make up something about surnames being that person's Japanese name, and establishing something never established as official, making the quality in this ROM Hack bad. Sorry but this isn't a translation, just a crappy edit.

Hmm... I'll think about it.
Japanese surnames are fine.
For Ash's issue, he could have Misty as his wife, the rest of his girls are his girlfriends instead.
Still, offsprings will be produced regardless of wife or girlfriends.

But my romance is getting the best of me. I just want Ash to be with his girls.
Argh... I just gotta contact Wesley and make him permission for me to do all those changes.

Tropical Sunlight
July 19th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Exactly my point... Appearently that's legal in China.
Weeeeiiird people. :P (weird as in different, no offense meant)

~Anbuja
July 19th, 2011, 07:04 AM
This post might get deleted but just one question.
Is this still WesleyFG's hack??
For me it don't seem like his anymore:\

rockerzz182
July 19th, 2011, 07:21 AM
yeah..i think my suggestion is too complicated for the hack but not in the story of pokemon just like ash had a 3 wives and one girlfriend and having a bunch of child..i am wondering now if you are serious on what you are doing in this hack and if wesley will allow you to do that..i am also wondering on what age are you coz what you are doing in this hack is very childish..specially on your reaction that you said ''IF WESLEY ALLOW ME TO DO THIS,NOBODY CAN STOP ME'' even many in this forum didnt like it..

QueenOfLegendaryPokemon
July 19th, 2011, 07:41 AM
is there a English version of Pokemon light platinum?

Crimson5M
July 19th, 2011, 07:52 AM
This post might get deleted but just one question.
Is this still WesleyFG's hack??
For me it don't seem like his anymore:\

This.

Princey boi, it isn't your hack. You might think these changes are for the better, but they aren't. They are just ruining the hack. Giving Ash three wives and a girlfirend (btw, why would you marry three people and still want more? Ash must be getting some all day 'erry day.) is just completely stupid and unnecessary.

is there a English version of Pokemon light platinum?

There's apparently a translation, although I'm not sure if it is that anymore.

BiTeDroM
July 19th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I am maybe a little bit insolent... so sorry for this task...
But... cca when will be the translation of this game finished?

Tcoppy
July 19th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Ash Ketchum
Description:

-Has a total of 3 wives:

-Misty Ketchum-Kasumi
-May Ketchum-Haruka
-Dawn Ketchum-Hikari

1 new girlfriend - Iris

-World Champion in PKMN

Okay buddy, I told you nicely in vms about listening to the fans..but now this is just crazy, I mean come on, Three Wives and a Girlfriend (heck I want that irl xD), this is destroying the game completely, it's like not even Weslys hack anymore, I really would think about this, just translate the non-english rom to english, is that to much to really ask?

Argh... I just gotta contact Wesley and make him permission for me to do all those changes.....wtf dude...YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE PERMISSION TO DO THESE CHANGES?!?!DUDE?!?!HONESTLY, THIS IS TURNING INTO YOUR OWN HACK!

BiTeDroM
July 19th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Okay buddy, I told you nicely in vms about listening to the fans..but now this is just crazy, I mean come on, Three Wives and a Girlfriend (heck I want that irl xD), this is destroying the game completely, it's like not even Weslys hack anymore, I really would think about this, just translate the non-english rom to english, is that to much to really ask?

LOL i looked now and read that long article.
Three wifes and girlfriend? :D :D
I am glad that u wanna give May, Misty and Dawn to this game a little bit more... , but dont be foolish. :D

(Sorry for bad quote)

Alex31
July 19th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I think. You need to get Wes to post in this thread to say that he's okay with you doing some of these changes, so that everyone quietens down, and we get some conformation that he's alright with you doing all this.

~Anbuja
July 19th, 2011, 09:21 AM
This.

Princey boi, it isn't your hack. You might think these changes are for the better, but they aren't. They are just ruining the hack. Giving Ash three wives and a girlfirend (btw, why would you marry three people and still want more? Ash must be getting some all day 'erry day.) is just completely stupid and unnecessary.

seems in one think we have the same thought's.

I am maybe a little bit insolent... so sorry for this task...
But... cca when will be the translation of this game finished?
well as much it seems it wont just be A TRANSLATION anymore!.

....wtf dude...YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE PERMISSION TO DO THESE CHANGES?!?!DUDE?!?!HONESTLY, THIS IS TURNING INTO YOUR OWN HACK!
here we have it he said himself that he have to ask wes for those changes even when he hanged them before asking.

and one last question: Where are u mods?? i think WesleyFG's hack is getting stealed and claimed as someones else , are u closing ur eyes or what??!!
here what he said to some people here on PC:
More people look forward to the release (My version) than care 'bout the changes I'm gonna make.
i don;t see "TRANSLATED LP"
and:
Im using Lp as my tool for expression
so my last question if this is tranlating and bug fixing what is stealing here at PC???!!!
this should had been stoped a long time ago....

kostika
July 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
sarcastic prince what the hell you are thinking that you are doing??? 3 wives and a girlfriend?? go create your own hack and edit what ever you want!! we,the FANS of light platinum, we want the STORY as WESLEY edited and no any change!!! it is so hard for you to transalate it and fix the bugs??? we do not want it better with your ideas!!! i LOVE weslay's STORY....do not **** it up!!! its the best hacked pokemon ever existed!!!!

andremurta
July 19th, 2011, 09:53 AM
physical/special split is implemented in this game?????????

drewsho
July 19th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Will this be playable on the gpsphone?

Tcoppy
July 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
and one last question: Where are u mods?? i think WesleyFG's hack is getting stealed and claimed as someones else , are u closing ur eyes or what??!!
Don't worry I contacted colcolstyles, hopefully he or she (I'm not good with genders xDD) will stop this

colcolstyles
July 19th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Closed until further notice.

colcolstyles
July 24th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I'm reopening this at Wesley FG's request but if I see any more arguments, I won't hesitate to close it again.

Opened

Sarcastic Prince
July 24th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Some of you guys may have read my signature, but for those who haven't,
here's what I'm going to do.

When I complete the translation,
I'm going to release two versions.

Version I - With minor edits and no change in storyline (Original version)
Version II - With minor edits, a few changes in background stories regarding to Gym Leaders and the Elite Four in both regions, (Zheri and Lauren) and Ash's estate will be included. (Ash's wives + girlfriend will not included in the estate as the fans do not like it)

Many fans suggested that, so I'll be separating the two versions so that it'll be fair for everyone.

After the issues with Sarcastic Prince's translation, I asked for and received permission from Wesley FG to do a pure translation of Light Platinum. I've been working on it for about five days, and just finished the first gym. I'm currently working alone.

I'll be making small changes to a handful of trainer names (ex. Sheyla to Sheila), and I've already changed the Unova pokemon to their English names. Place names, and everything else that I can think of offhand, will be translated unaltered.

As of now, there are no bugs. Some cropped up, but they've been fixed.

Hope that helps ease some of what you guys were worrying about. :)

That won't be necessary. Version I is already pure enough.

Snakebyte
July 24th, 2011, 05:01 PM
After the issues with Sarcastic Prince's translation, I asked for and received permission from Wesley FG to do a pure translation of Light Platinum. I've been working on it for about five days, and just finished the first gym. I'm currently working alone.

I'll be making small changes to a handful of trainer names (ex. Sheyla to Sheila), and I've already changed the Unova pokemon to their English names. Place names, and everything else that I can think of offhand, will be translated unaltered.

EDIT: I've also repaired the starter script for the 2nd and 3rd gen starters, and I assume the process can be repeated whenever I get to the 4th and 5th. And some of the bugs mentioned earlier in the thread, such as the trainers taking minutes to load, I have solved as well. :D

The following paragraphs were intended to be a response to Sarcastic Prince's post, which was deleted, so the post automatically merged here. o.O

It's not really your place to tell me what's necessary or to say what's pure enough. You've proven yourself to the fanbase to be a poor judge of that. Wesley is not happy with your changes and wants me to create a version that is translated and bugfixed only. I don't need your permission, and this is happening whether you like it or not.

I don't really have an estimate of when I'll be done, but at the speed I'm going, I can't see it taking anywhere as long as it's taken you. I'll continue to post updates on my progress. :)

TheDemetrious1
July 24th, 2011, 05:22 PM

EDIT: I've also repaired the starter script for the 2nd and 3rd gen starters, and I assume the process can be repeated whenever I get to the 4th and 5th. And some of the bugs mentioned earlier in the thread, such as the trainers taking minutes to load, I have solved as well. :D

The following paragraphs were intended to be a response to Sarcastic Prince's post, which was deleted, so the post automatically merged here. o.O

It's not really your place to tell me what's necessary or to say what's pure enough. You've proven yourself to the fanbase to be a poor judge of that. Wesley is not happy with your changes and wants me to create a version that is translated and bugfixed only. I don't need your permission, and this is happening whether you like it or not.

I don't really have an estimate of when I'll be done, but at the speed I'm going, I can't see it taking anywhere as long as it's taken you. I'll continue to post updates on my progress. :)

If you need help with the Translation I'm here for you.

Sarcastic Prince
July 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM
If you need help with the Translation I'm here for you.

Snakebyte probably wants to do it alone.
But I doubt that he'll get far.

It'll take him more than a fortune to accomplish what I've done.
Oh, and please give us some proof that you have Wesley's permission.
Or else, nobody would believe you.

Snakebyte
July 24th, 2011, 05:38 PM
TheDemetrious1: Thanks, man. I've ran into a few hiccups, but I've managed to overcome them all so far.

You can be SURE I'll be posting here if I come across anything I can't deal with on my own. I'm no hacker, and have had to give myself quite the crash course to get this in the state it's in now. I'd have certainly saved myself a few hours if I had been able to ask and quickly receive help a few nights ago. But, honestly, just knowing there are people who want what I'm working on is help all on its own. :P

SarcasticPrince: If you'll check my profile, colcolstyles has verified that he is aware Wesley has given me permission. But just to smooth things over, here's the answer to the first PM I've sent him. Subsequent PMs confirmed it, and he's aware I'm working solo now.

Thanks for helping me and some fans of pokemon platinum light, we are making a second translation team (SonicBlazePlatinum), I already told SP to stop making changes, and only translate, but if you do not mind translating the game and I would be very happy, just and correct translation Bug's (change the names of Japanese pokes 5 °), talk to SonicBlazePlatinum he had this same idea, so they could help one another. (I did talk to SonicBlazePlatinum, but he was no longer participating. And regardless, at least starting out, I did prefer to work alone. :))

EDIT: Also, seriously, look up 'fortune' in the dictionary.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 24th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Actually we never talked, I don't even know you except that you seem to be a fan of Pokemon:WARPED by Magneto20 and AndyP519. Also Welsey allowed me to translate the ROM Hack and allow me to make a harder X like version. I even have a private message to prove it. I'd rather play SP's version first since he is more done, and the changes kinda make it more interesting. Otherwise it's a Ruby hack with new tiles, and 16 gym badges.

Snakebyte
July 24th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Uh, check your PM, man. I PMed you asking if you were translating it, you said no, you were working on a Septo Conquest remake. I can post it here if you like.

Sarcastic Prince
July 24th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Actually we never talked, I don't even know you except that you seem to be a fan of Pokemon:WARPED by Magneto20 and AndyP519. Also Welsey allowed me to translate the ROM Hack and allow me to make a harder X like version. I even have a private message to prove it. I'd rather play SP's version first since he is more done, and the changes kinda make it more interesting. Otherwise it's a Ruby hack with new tiles, and 16 gym badges.

Thank you for your support, man.
You really are a true friend.

Ash, my friend/partner, is now helping me fix a few bugs.
He is currently helping me fix the black screen issue.
But that'll be done soon, and I can get back on track very soon.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 24th, 2011, 05:49 PM
The only PMs I have are from Magneto20, SP, and WesleyFG. I did say I was working on Septo Conquest Deluxe but that was to Magneto20. Anyways just so people know I am on SarcasticPrince's side and will use his translation to make my own X version of Light Platinum. Yes I did get his permission, it even says so in a PM I got from him.

Snakebyte
July 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I wasn't saying anything about 'sides'.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3978/proofyi.png

I talked to SBP, as Wes's message instructed. Not sure why he's denying it. It's clearly right there.

Redshear
July 24th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Snakebyte when do u think u will be done with the translated version and also is it going to be playable on android phone

Sarcastic Prince
July 24th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I wasn't saying anything about 'sides'.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3978/proofyi.png

I talked to SBP, as Wes's message instructed. Not sure why he's denying it. It's clearly right there.

He said that he never talked to you because it was only one reply.
Now, stop this argument or else this thread will be locked again.

Snakebyte when do u think u will be done with the translated version and also is it going to be playable on android phone
You should be asking me this question. Anyways, it depends. Once I get the patch back from Ash, it'll only take a week or two.

Also, since Snakebyte just started, it will take him at least two months.

Redshear
July 24th, 2011, 07:50 PM
In regards to my last post the same question to you to prince

Snakebyte
July 24th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Actually, yes, thread, I do in fact have a mission for you.

WOULD YOU, LIGHT PLATINUM FANS, CARE TO EMBARK ON A QUEST OF EPIC IMPORTANCE?

Someone whom I trust to work with me has contacted me privately, and we'll be splitting the project. If anyone has a save file (save state or ingame, doesn't matter) from somewhere near the middle of the FULL PORTUGUESE version, it would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED if you would post it in the thread or PM it to me.

It'll still get done either way, but this'll speed things up quite a bit.

Thanks! I'll get back to work now. :P

Redshear
July 24th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Ight man ill keep a look out for your update my only question is will it work for android phone

Snakebyte
July 24th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I have no idea. Download the Portuguese version from Wesley FG's site and test it. If that works, so will this.

xRedx
July 24th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I need help. Well, I downloaded the Gameboid app for my Android phone, but it always gives me a white screen. I tried changing the save type to 'Flash (128KB)', but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone who owns an Android phone, and uses the Gameboid app, or atleast anyone, who can fix this, because I really want to play 'Pokemon Light Platinum' on my phone, so I can play while mobile. So anyone wanna help?

DashBlacK
July 24th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I have no idea. Download the Portuguese version from Wesley FG's site and test it. If that works, so will this.

Well, I had posted this before, but was ignored. To make it work on an Android phone or gpsphone this is what you have to do.

Hey guys!

As no one really responded to my last question and ignored it, I set out to find the solution myself and I have found it.
source: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12327.0

All you have to do is edit the header with this tool: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/542/ and set it to this data:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

EDIT: This is to solve the white screen that appears on the GameBoid emulator for Android.

Good luck with the translation Snakebyte!

I need help. Well, I downloaded the Gameboid app for my Android phone, but it always gives me a white screen. I tried changing the save type to 'Flash (128KB)', but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone who owns an Android phone, and uses the Gameboid app, or atleast anyone, who can fix this, because I really want to play 'Pokemon Light Platinum' on my phone, so I can play while mobile. So anyone wanna help?

Hey guys!

As no one really responded to my last question and ignored it, I set out to find the solution myself and I have found it.
source: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12327.0

All you have to do is edit the header with this tool: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/542/ and set it to this data:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

EDIT: This is to solve the white screen that appears on the GameBoid emulator for Android.

This is what you have to do.

xRedx
July 24th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Apparently, I did try that, but unfortunately it did not work. Any other ideas?

DashBlacK
July 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Apparently, I did try that, but unfortunately it did not work. Any other ideas?

BRO, IT'S WORKING FOR ME!

xRedx
July 24th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Well, I tried changing the data then transfer the ROM, from my computer to my phone, but still white screen, am I doing it right? I changed the data to:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

Then I saved, and transferred the ROM to my phone. I set the GBA Save Type to Flash (128KB), but it still does not work.

Snakebyte
July 24th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Why are you editing a Ruby rom to an Emerald header?
POKEMON RUBY
AXVE
might produce better results?

Also, I don't know how that emulator works, but you might need to delete any save files that the emulator generated from loading it wrong the first time?

DashBlack: Thanks. :P

M4: I'll have it for you sooner rather than later. I've done a route and a half since I last posted. :P

M4
July 24th, 2011, 10:26 PM
What is this becoming lol, I just want to play the hack in English.

Lol Ash with kids? Are you trolling with progress?

Satoshi Ookami
July 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM
It will be in English, don't worry.
SP already said that he's gonna release unedited version.

xRedx
July 24th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I tried changing it to POKEMON RUBY instead of POKEMON EMER, but it's still not working. There's always still a white screen. An I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I got it to work. I was doing it wrong. No need for help anymore.

Sarcastic Prince
July 24th, 2011, 10:48 PM

Lol Ash with kids? Are you trolling with progress?

I'm quite disappointed by the fact that actually fail at reading a signature.
I said, "I'm not going to include's Ash's girls or his children. Rather, I'll include his estate in the edited version."

It will be in English, don't worry.
SP already said that he's gonna release unedited version.
Yep, that's right, partner. Now, let's do this quick so that we'll beat Snakebyte in this competition!

Good luck with the translation Snakebyte!

Shouldn't you be rooting for me? I will do a better job than Snakebyte because the stuff I'm covering is more than Snakebyte's.

For the original version:
-Decapitalization
-Custom names for every Trainer
-Corrected Pokédex entries
-Changed town names
-Extra random Trainers roaming in random places; they help you to prepare for the upcoming battles
-Cries for the D/P/P and B/W PKMN
-New PKMN - Gallade, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Leafeon and Rhyperior

For the slightly edited version:
The stuff up above +
-Relationships on Gym Leaders and Elite Four between the Gym Leaders and the E4 from previous generations (Not including Ash's relationships)
-Ash's estate (No, Ash's girls will not be included)

So fans, I need your opinions. Originality isn't everything, you know!

Danu20
July 25th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I whait ASH translation version because him will be fix the bugs:D

Sarcastic Prince
July 25th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I whait ASH translation version because him will be fix the bugs:D

Thank you for your support. We will be sure to produce a bug-free translated version at your service in about two weeks.

And that is something that Snakebyte cannot possibly produce.

rockerzz182
July 25th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Just wait for the two releases of SP and ASH and the Release of Snake bite Play it and the thats the time you can post in this forum who does the better version or we can make poll..

July 25th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Actually, considering your multiple changes and slow progress, at this point I'd rather play Snakebyte's version. Though, I'll still play yours to see the differences between yours and Snakebyte's translation. I hope I don't offend you in any way.

Good luck to both of you.

master2738
July 25th, 2011, 06:12 AM
lol, wow this is gettin good. i wonder who's translation will be better? Sp's or snakebyte's? i gotta say as far as changes go it really doesnt matter to me, as long as the game is translated to english. but it seem's like Sp's will be cooler (with all the extra features). but progress is going so slowly with his version :/ snakebyte on the other hand is seeming to breaze right thru this translation process! and a pure version wont be so bad since LP is already so good. well i for one am going to play whichever one is released first. and im sure alot of other people hav the same thought process as me. so it would appear that this has become a race between Sp and snakebyte? may the best translator win!!!! :D

rockerzz182
July 25th, 2011, 06:22 AM
both is good because snakebyte version is like playing LP in englsih version and for SP his adding a new tweaks for the game so you wont bore playing game all over again..as i know Wesley is also releasing a Final Version of LP..

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 25th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Wesley is making a final version when the game gets translated, it will have graphical updates like to the bag and Pokedex. Also just so you know Snakebyte is lying, he just asked me if I was working on an LP translation if you look again. He doesn't say anything about working with him. Also here's what Wesley said to me about making an X version.

Me: Seeing that you gave SarcsticPrince permission to hack into Pokemon Light Platinum, is it okay if I hack into Light Platinum too? I got an idea for an easy version and a hard version. The easy version has the same difficulty as Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver and the difficult version has the same difficulty as Pokemon Platinum, but Lauren is around the same levels as Pokemon Black and White's in the Level 60-65's. Would you mind if I did?

WelseyFG: Okay, just do not change anything in the history of the game, and specify its modifications and its version for when people are downloading the game, thanks!
bye

Me: Would you mind giving me a patch that I can edit please? Because I don't know if you can hack into the normal Light Platinum on the first page.

WesleyFG:One minute, but you can use the tool RHEA (ROM Header Editor Advance) and share the "Game Code" for "AXVE" all the tools worked well in the game

So as you see I can make an X version. Also I asked Wesley if I could translate LP, but that was back when I was mad at SP. I'm gonna be playing SP's version instead by the way.

rockerzz182
July 25th, 2011, 07:02 AM
oh i see..well im just waiting in your release and SP and enjoy playing the game..i hope it will be successful,,

tralalala
July 25th, 2011, 07:11 AM
unbelieveable.

i tried the new version

very very nice. i hope english translation will be finish soon.

Very niice pokemon choose at the start.

Tcoppy
July 25th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I was gone for a day and this hack becomes a competition?
Well even though I think that this might be somewhat...bad, good luck to you both SP and Ash and good luck to you too Snakebyte, but all I'm gonna say is, I bet as soon as one of these translations is done, everybody is gonna play it since all we wanted from the very beginning is to play this hack in english.

Redshear
July 25th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I agree the first to be done is really going to be the winner, however sp will probably finish first being that snakebyte said in five days he is only on gym 1.

Dodq2
July 25th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Sarcastic Prince, you know I'm backing you all the way. I will play yours then Snakebyte's. Keep going dude.

M4
July 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Does the translator even know Portuguese or are they using Google translator making a big deal out of themselves lol.

Danu20
July 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=Sarcastic Prince;6765962]Thank you for your support. We will be sure to produce a bug-free translated version at your service in about two weeks.

I sending the bugs because i whant and the community to have an stable version not with bugs. I found a new bugs and will sending to ash soon or you

gokuno
July 25th, 2011, 11:42 AM
so sp is making an x version also? im confused

Quilava's Master
July 25th, 2011, 11:45 AM
At this point this has become a race to see who can get out a translated, bug free, version faster. I think it's a good way to speed up the translation process. Let's just let the two teams translate minus the arguments.

Snakebyte
July 25th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Wow, really?

This is not a competition. The version I am producing is the one being produced in accordance to Wesley's wishes. All those 'features' Sarcastic Prince is touting are things that are not part of the original hack. If Wesley FG wanted them in there, he'd have added them. If you want to play Sarcastic Prince's hack, which bastardizes Wesley's work, go right ahead, guys. All I'm doing is translating Wesley's hack, the way he wants it done. And to ape that features list...

My version will contain:
- Capitalization
- Mostly unchanged trainer names, that all actually sound like names.
- Existing Pokedex entries.
- Existing town names.
- No extra trainers.
- No new cries.
- No new Pokemon.
- Several fixed scripts.
- So far, no bugs. I can already tell, just from his posts in this thread, that all of Sarcastic Prince's countless additions have caused his rom to glitch up. I'm fixing all the bugs I come across, he's just making more. :P

And, Sarcastic Prince, about that 'I can't possibly do that in time' thing... I don't know why you think this takes so long. I'm just breezing through. Please don't think you can tell other people how fast I can do things. Expect another progress report tonight, though. ;)

SonicBlazePlatinum: Can you read? I never said I said anything about working with you. Wesley said to talk to you. I talked to you. You were no longer participating. I tackled it solo. What of this is hard to understand?

Again, guys, I'm not competing with Sarcastic Prince. As Wesley is not happy with Sarcastic Prince's version, I'm just translating it according to his wishes. :)

Redshear
July 25th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Is your version going to be playable on an emulator for android phones

master2738
July 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM
No no snakebyte you dont understand! its not a competititon per se. but a race. and i say this because as a fan who has been waiting since...february was it? for the english translation to be finished. im so starved for the english version that im going to play whichever one comes out first. be it urs or sp's. now obviously im not gonna play LP twice. so whichever one i can get my hands on first will be the one that i play. im sure my views are the same as many of the fans of LP who like me really really want an english version. so whoever's version is released first, will be played more. while the one that is released second will be played less. so you should want to get ur version out there first so that it will be played more than sp's version (that you apparently despise so much) and thats why its a race!

Darkerm
July 25th, 2011, 02:16 PM
if ash isnt muslim pimp why r u giving him 3 wives and a girlfriend this is getting so ridiculous it would be easier if u only transalated but this is 2 much and whats with that if weasly gives u permission no one can stop u wth that means.there is no point 2 give ash a wife and 3 girls u say that u r romantic ok...what do u know about romance ur only a kid with a job to transalate this game.i dont care about ur culture and japan i want this on english on the end u willtransalate this game on japanese -.- this is not barbie game we dont need ur twisted weird romance story in this game i want only 2 battle and understand ppl what r saying in this game. if u want romantic game mad ur own game dont rdestroy this game and call weasly to read this all posts before he gives u permission 2 do what ever u want because u dont own and its not ok 2 change this game and after that ask him about permission

I don't know why did but its not right to to insult other religion:disappoin. Please mind your manners.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 25th, 2011, 02:29 PM
No offense Snakebtye, but your version of the game is boring. It's just a translation of Light Platinum into English. I'd rather play a version that has decapitalization, custom names, new Pokedex entries, changes in names, random trainers, new cries (the Drifloon family + Voltorb family cries doesn't really add up), and new evolutions to included Pokemon that didn't have them before. Also SP where are Glaceon and Leafeon in the wild at since Eevee can only have 5 evolutions?

Lugiaz Soul
July 25th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I really don't care about extra stuff. All I want is an English game!

Toa77
July 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I really don't care about extra stuff. All I want is an English game!

I agree. We can put the "extra" things into a separate version or something. I want nothing more than to actually play the darn game!

Quilava's Master
July 25th, 2011, 03:14 PM
No offense Snakebtye, but your version of the game is boring. It's just a translation of Light Platinum into English. I'd rather play a version that has decapitalization, custom names, new Pokedex entries, changes in names, random trainers, new cries (the Drifloon family + Voltorb family cries doesn't really add up), and new evolutions to included Pokemon that didn't have them before. Also SP where are Glaceon and Leafeon in the wild at since Eevee can only have 5 evolutions?
And this is where the issue with SP's version comes in. He makes it look like he's trying to outshine Wesley's version. By saying that Snakebyte's version will be boring, you're saying that the original LP, the one that WesleyFG created, is also boring [seeing as Snakebytes version is only a translation].
Also saying you want all of these extra features is basically saying that what Wesley created just isn't as good as what SP will bring with his alterations. That's why I'm backing Snakebyte all the way. Not to mention he's progressing really fast as well as doing a good job.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 25th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I do think Light Platinum as a good game, it's just missing some things that would make it more appealing. I would like to see Sinnoh/Unova cries, and decapitalization mainly. I'm on Team SarcasticPrince for this one. I don't mind want the names are custom/fitting or not. I may play Team Snakebyte's but only to check it out. What I'm saying is that I'm on both sides, but more Team SP for now.

Tcoppy
July 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Looks like arguments are starting up again.
All I'm gonna say is that Sarcastic Prince is makeing his own version of the game while snakebyte is makeing the original translated one, so honestly whats with the ''Team Sarcastic Prince'' and ''Team Snakebyte'' garbage? Is it really necessary, we are getting one game with changes modified by SP that people CAN choose to play and we are getting a original translated light platinum that we CAN choose to play.
In other words, we can as in you don't have to play, simple as that.

Snakebyte
July 25th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Tcoppy. This isn't about me OR Sarcastic Prince, but about the great work Wesley has done, and letting fans play it in their language. That's all he wants, and that's all I want too. :)

And yeah, can we please stop with the Twilight comparisons? They're making my face hurt.

xRedx
July 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM
May I suggest that you could add a Notepad file, which includes what route has what Pokemon in it? It may help people plan out their team more better, instead of just having everyone searching every single route there is for one Pokemon? Just a suggestion so I wouldn't have to try and waste my time on searching for one Pokemon.

gokuno
July 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
sp make it possible to get mew and it being able to evolve to mewto, early in the game. i will love you forever!!! nohomo.

Zetsubou Johnny
July 25th, 2011, 05:39 PM

Then sarcastic prince or you can make your own freaking game. Simple, you're insulting the original creater by calling his game boring and he's raping his hard work by slapping his name and fan idea's onto wesley's work. We can credit him as someone who's translating it but overall SP's just scribbling over a van gogh with crayons. I have no idea how Wesley is Ok with what Going on.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 25th, 2011, 05:48 PM
The person doing the changes is SarcasticPrince not me, I'm just making an X version when SP's version is completed. I like Wesley's work but SP's additions make a decent game more interesting. And yes I am making my own ROM Hacks of FR and Emerald in the future with SP as my beta tester. They won't be as good as the other ROM Hacks on this forum to be honest but they will give something to play sorta.

R3D X
July 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Just started playing an english beta made by someone before and there's a few things i don't like. To translators, please don't OD on curse words. It's un-professional :(

Zetsubou Johnny
July 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
The person doing the changes is SarcasticPrince not me, I'm just making an X version when SP's version is completed. I like Wesley's work but SP's additions make a decent game more interesting. And yes I am making my own ROM Hacks of FR and Emerald in the future with SP as my beta tester. They won't be as good as the other ROM Hacks on this forum to be honest but they will give something to play sorta.

Yeah i realized the post was by you and not SP and i changed it accordingly. Sorry for the mishap.

Snakebyte
July 25th, 2011, 06:04 PM
R3D X: I don't believe I've used any profanity in mine up to this point.

Zetsubou Johnny: I like you. :)

To all: I've hit a few snags, and progress is slightly behind schedule. I expected to be done Esmerald City, the one containing the second gym, by now, but there are two scripts I have to tweak. I also noticed that some Pokemon have strange attacks. Fixing that as well.

I should still have up to the second badge done by tonight. At least. I just had hoped it'd be done a few hours ago.

Sarcastic Prince
July 25th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Progress is going extremely steady on my side.
Now that with the Zheri League done, I have to complete the Lauren League and the World Championship.

And I know the core of the black screen problem. We have to re-insert the sprites that are causing the battle to start slowly, and we'll be done with it.

I plan to continue the translation first, and when Ash fixes up all of the bugs,
I'll just copy and paste the progress I've made. Simple enough.

Oh, and no arguments, please. It doesn't really matter which version has more features. It only matters on which version gets done first. People will like it if that particular version has fewer bugs too.

GliscorOwnz
July 25th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Nice Hack . iReally Like What Im Seeing .

ichigo09
July 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM
why cant i play this on my gpsp?

Darkerm
July 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Well, both of them have to work hard to translate this hack. I support both of them. So Good Luck Translators. I'll play both of them. No hard feelings, OK.

Satoshi Ookami
July 25th, 2011, 10:35 PM
WHY?! What has this become garbage of insults and competing and other things...
Seeing this really makes me wonder whether this thread should be opened until one of translations is completed...
And by the way this is NOT a competition or race or whatever.
Why...? Because circumstances are NOT the same.
SP's making edited version (I'm not gonna say improved =)) and Snakebyte is making clear version.
So what version you're gonna play is up to you! Not up to whoever finishes translation first.
If you like the original LP, play Snakebyte's version. If you are under impression that LP needs more training possibilites, play SP's version.
It's all that simple.
It would be competition only if the second party stopped after the first party released translation because in that case the first party would win and you wouldn't have any other choice but to play the version of the winning party.

sp make it possible to get mew and it being able to evolve to mewto, early in the game. i will love you forever!!! nohomo.
You're for real? :D
Not only you want legendary pokemon early in the game but you also want it to evolve into Mew2? o.O

shomoher
July 26th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Good luck to both of you~ I have a feeling that the date of the English release won't be as far as I thought it would be xD

Oh, and just out of curiosity... whats the English ROM on page 78 (I think it was) of this thread? I've been wondering about that for a while now...

Snakebyte
July 26th, 2011, 12:54 AM
shomoher: I would guess it's the translation of a beta version.

Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you. Things I've been saying for most of this thread. The reason this is seen a 'competition' or a 'race' is because your 'partner' insists on portraying it that way every chance he gets. It's even in his signature. :P

As thanks for that, though, I'll give you a tip. The 'black screen' issue SP, and presumably you, are dealing with, has nothing to do with sprites, and I guarantee my version will not have it. :)

To all: I thought I would be able to announce this much earlier in the day, but I have now translated up to the end of the second gym. That'd be one day from one gym to the next. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep this pace up every day, but I won't be too far off, I don't think. To clarify, the translation isn't an issue. It's when I have to tweak Wesley's scripts that I get bogged down, as I only started learning about scripts less than a week ago, when I started this translation.

As I said, I don't have a clue why people think it'd take me months, or why it's taken other people months... Not to name any names or anything. ;)

rockerzz182
July 26th, 2011, 01:26 AM
What is snakebyte doing is fixing bugs and localization of LP so you can understand what you are playing and thats good because ive finished the game in portugues not understanding a thing but i enjoyed it and for SP hes like doing what nintendo did in the remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver to HeartGold/SoulSilver same story but inserted a new twist for the game,Localization,bugfix and fixing the cry of the pokemon because it is so annoying that you are hearing the pokemon that you are battling and having a different cry..

Well for the Fans..This is Great that there is a selection that you can play on your favorite LP..So stop complaining,comparing just wait for the two for the release of the game and enjoy playing it..

For The GpSp problem get two copy of Pokemon Ruby V.1.1 one for patching then just patch the one Pokemon Ruby v.1.0 with the V.1.1 Pokemon Light Platinum then after you patch the game..get gbaheader tool then copy the header of Pokemon Ruby V.1.1 to Pokemon LP that you patch,,thats what i did to fix the white screen on my Gpsp..

The English Version that you saw on p78 is the translation that SP and Ash did tha translation is up to beta 2 and it ends after you beat the gym leader of dark dusk city..

s90188
July 26th, 2011, 02:39 AM
How can I evolve feebas?
level up or stones?

Sarcastic Prince
July 26th, 2011, 02:47 AM
How can I evolve feebas?
level up or stones?

Levelling up in my version. It evolves to Milotic in Lv. 25.

rockerzz182
July 26th, 2011, 02:48 AM
i cant wait for the new versions..

xXxLugia
July 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM

Who told u that mew evolves into mewtwo?!There is no such thing as a legendary that evolves, especially not Mew that is rlly stupid idea, dont u watch pokemon episodes if u did u would know that mewtwo was created by mews genes he was cloned in a lab so making mew to evolve into mewtwo wouldnt be realistic.

Spherical Ice
July 26th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Yeah, Mew evolving into Mewtwo is completely irrational and stupid, but Ash having three wives and a girlfriend is totally rational.

Superjub
July 26th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Yeah, Mew evolving into Mewtwo is completely irrational and stupid, but Ash having three wives and a girlfriend is totally rational.

i c wut u did thar. ;)

Honestly, I'd probably rather play SnakeBytes translated version. Sure, there are some things about the original version that I believe should have been implemented (PokeBlocks being available etc.), but they don't bother me that much and I just really like the original game, even though it was in a language that I don't understand. So a simple, translated version of the game is ideal for me. :)

Also, I should probably mention that I will probably try Sarcastic Princes version as well, just to see what it's like.

s90188
July 26th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Levelling up in my version. It evolves to Milotic in Lv. 25.
thanks
but i still cant let feebas evolve in Lv.25
my version is complete 1.1

Satoshi Ookami
July 26th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you.
That hurt...
And it hurts even more that my posts telling everyone that I'm not with SP with the topic of changes get totally ignored...

thanks
but i still cant let feebas evolve in Lv.25
my version is complete 1.1
It still evolves via beauty, SP just must propage his version what confuses fans...

rockerzz182
July 26th, 2011, 05:52 AM
oh i didnt know that ..i thought that it doesnt evolve in this version..

I have found this bug in Complete V.1.1

* My Elekid becomes Female when it evolves to Electivire..
* I can get Infinite Max Revive at the mine on Groment City
I just get the pokeball containing max revive then walk a little open menu then close it then walk a liitle poof!!thepokeball that has max revive appear again..
*Theres a invisible person talking to me inside mt.zhery and gives me a an option of yes/no..who is that??

I didnt know if this bug is reported..

R3D X
July 26th, 2011, 07:28 AM

To all: I've hit a few snags, and progress is slightly behind schedule. I expected to be done Esmerald City, the one containing the second gym, by now, but there are two scripts I have to tweak. I also noticed that some Pokemon have strange attacks. Fixing that as well.

I should still have up to the second badge done by tonight. At least. I just had hoped it'd be done a few hours ago.

Thanks, i'll appreciate your work. Editing other people's work is very impolite. I like that you are just translating it. All Edits and bug fixes should be done by Wes himself.

Danu20
July 26th, 2011, 09:09 AM
riginally Posted by Snakebyte http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/The_Top_Dog/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6767732#post6767732)
Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you.
That hurt...
And it hurts even more that my posts telling everyone that I'm not with SP with the topic of changes get totally ignored...

The trasnlation of the rom will be release later because ASH and SARCASTIC PRINCE will fix the bug found in game NOT only translate in english. Maybe the rom was been release earlier but i send the bugs found in game for fix and it is more bugs and RESPECT ASH and SARCASTIC PRINCE. Sorry but this is my opinion :D :)

Dodq2
July 26th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I see SP has been banned? So what will happen to his version?

Tcoppy
July 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I see SP has been banned? So what will happen to his version?
Everyone will be focused on snakebytes I guess

maison123
July 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I'm still rooting for SP. One of the most reason is that he would change the cry of the Pokemon of Gen 4 and 5 (I'm kinda serious about that, I don't want to see a Weavile that has a Salamence cry... or such).
Everyone will be focused on snakebytes I guess
Not everyone...

tralalala
July 26th, 2011, 11:03 AM
what i have to do in the ice city? i beat the guy at the house. the leader and the trainers from the gym arent there.

but i got a bug. you cant escape there when you go up there :D

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannts05v.jpg

Tcoppy
July 26th, 2011, 11:06 AM
what i have to do in the ice city? i beat the guy at the house. the leader and the trainers from the gym arent there.

but i got a bug. you cant escape there when you go up there :D

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannts05v.jpg
Everyone knows about this thing if they went to this gym xDD
Trust me, I bet it'll be fixed in the english translation

tralalala
July 26th, 2011, 11:17 AM
xD

ok but im stuck at the moment. found no letsplays on youtube for this situation

in the gym is nobody. in front of this house was a guy. i bet him. he went into the house and i talked to all 3.

i have VM Dive

i dont understand any word, but equipe is equipment i think. i need a thing to pass?

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt8u3m.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenanntzunr.jpg

Tcoppy
July 26th, 2011, 11:34 AM
xD

ok but im stuck at the moment. found no letsplays on youtube for this situation

in the gym is nobody. in front of this house was a guy. i bet him. he went into the house and i talked to all 3.

i have VM Dive

i dont understand any word, but equipe is equipment i think. i need a thing to pass?

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt8u3m.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenanntzunr.jpg
Go back to the cave where you first travel to Snowce city and the ice gym leader is in that cave talk to her, then go to her gym and beat her

tralalala
July 26th, 2011, 01:59 PM
boahhh^^ i only want to say thanks. thanks hasn´t enough charakters. what should i do instead ?

im stucking again. what should i do next. im in the dragon city? all ways are blocked.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 26th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Update:

When SP returns to Pokecommunity, I'm still rooting for his version. I feel sorry for befriending him twice, and it gets worse when he gets banned afterward. Decapitalization and 4th & 5th gen cries for the win! Also I joined SP's translation team just to get fame too, but now that we're friends it's more than that now.

xXxLugia
July 26th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Update:

When SP returns to Pokecommunity, I'm still rooting for his version. I feel sorry for befriending him twice, and it gets worse when he gets banned afterward. Decapitalization and 4th & 5th gen cries for the win! Also I joined SP's translation team just to get fame too, but now that we're friends it's more than that now.

ok ok stop with that already u said that 5 times that u r rooting for sps version me 2 but stop man we understand and that whole thing that u became friends thats rlly romantic i think u should write a romance.

tralalala
July 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM
okay i know how it goes further.

i talked with the professor.. easy but difficult to remember :D

how many masterballs are in this game? hmm ... better. dont say the correct number pls

are there more than 1 masterball?

because im at giratina and i cant go back for buy ultraballs. i have only 8.

EDIT : i got it with 3 balls. but with 20x loading infight :D

DashBlacK
July 26th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I really think that Wesley should say something here, because all I see is one side make a clean translation(which I support because it preserves all of Wesley's hard work and originality) and the other side adding all these other features and changing up the story a bit.

Shouldn't you be rooting for me? I will do a better job than Snakebyte because the stuff I'm covering is more than Snakebyte's.

For the original version:
-Decapitalization
-Custom names for every Trainer
-Corrected Pokédex entries
-Changed town names
-Extra random Trainers roaming in random places; they help you to prepare for the upcoming battles
-Cries for the D/P/P and B/W PKMN
-New PKMN - Gallade, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Leafeon and Rhyperior

For the slightly edited version:
The stuff up above +
-Relationships on Gym Leaders and Elite Four between the Gym Leaders and the E4 from previous generations (Not including Ash's relationships)
-Ash's estate (No, Ash's girls will not be included)

So fans, I need your opinions. Originality isn't everything, you know!

Well it's my choice who I root for, even though I am not rooting for anyone because this is not a basketball game. And yes, originality is everything because you are basically just degrading the quality of the hack.

Kevin
July 26th, 2011, 04:57 PM
My oh my, this thread has changed since I've last seen it. Now all these translators are all yapping about competitions, "my version of the hack", romance (lol where'd that come from), etc. Your version of the hack? It's Wesley's hack, all translators are supposed to do is translate it. Their version of the hack should just be English text as the change, not all of this stuff. I feel as if Ash493 should be the only translator since he's not fighting over all of this competition and whatnot. But anyways I'm not trying to pick a fight or "choose sides", I'm just stating my opinion on this whole situation. If the staff dislike this message, you can just edit this out for me.

And so this post doesn't get deleted over this off-topic conversation, I'll review this hack.

I remember the last time I played this was about a year ago, maybe? Anyways I hear this hack is completed, just waiting to be translated. So good job to you, Wesley. Anyways I noticed that you didn't post the story on this 0_o (I don't remember what happened the last time I played it), so I guess I have to play the final version to know it. There's two regions while looking at the World Map, awesome. I like the idea of double the gym leaders. And of course the tiles and graphics look beautiful. I can't say good luck on this hack if it's already finished in its original language, so I'll say good luck to the translators, and please, just translate the hack. Make "own versions" fine, but please don't fight over this or choose teams and such.

tralalala
July 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
where is HM7 Waterfall.

im stucking hard after 8th badge. i really dont know where i have to search for it.

Snakebyte
July 26th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Destiny Demon, I resent those remarks. All I'm doing is translating it, as the other guy seemed to be unable to restrict himself to that, and I've never said anything about any competition. That's rather the point. This is, indeed, Wesley's hack, and that's why I involved myself.

tralalala
July 26th, 2011, 06:43 PM
ok. i found a guy in the supermarket :D

Snakebyte
July 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM
*blinks* Let's try that again, then.

My translation now goes up to the end of the third gym. Progress should continue at this pace.

Redshear
July 26th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Ive got to say I underestimated you snakebyte. At this rate you will be done with the game in two to three weeks. You have my support

Zetsubou Johnny
July 26th, 2011, 11:37 PM

Thank you Snakebyte. Thank you for being civil, professional and adult about all of this. You understand what needs to be done and are doing it. Thank you for Translating this game and thank you for allowing us to play this game, non-bastardized and just how Wesley created it.

Alex31
July 27th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Goodness.

Merely speaking as an unbiased observer who merely wants to play Light Platinum in English as soon as possible, were the last few pages necessary? All that happened was that someone else decided to release a different version of the game, nothing life changing or threatening...

Sides? Teams? Races? What happened to being polite and working together, huh? That's pretty childish, and you've gotta feel bad for Ash493, who's only interested in translating the game for people, not for fame or to upset anyone, and he's being dragged into this mess.

With that being said, I have two questions.
Snakebyte, what's the ETA on your project? I got two weeks from Ash and SP, provided that they're still going to translate it (no idea why SP got banned >>)
Ash, what features are you providing that Snakebyte isn't? If you're both doing the same, then why don't you work together to bring it to the fans quicker...? It's the adult thing to do, after all.

/goes back to lurking for a few days

Snakebyte
July 27th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Alex31, to prevent spamming up this thread even further, I'm going to continue this discussion with you through private message. I'll agree with you on one point at least, the drama here has gotten positively ridiculous. I, also, have no idea why Sarcastic Prince has been banned, but I'd think that his absence would remove the need to talk about him here, yes? Let's keep this to being about the game from here on out? The only team I'm on is Team Light Platinum.

So let's talk about that.

I'm currently working on the city containing the fourth gym, and Feebas now evolves using a Water Stone. This is, as of right now, the only evolutionary change I plan to make. Someone just pointed out earlier in the thread that Wesley had removed Pokeblocks, so I thought it appropriate, especially as you encounter a Feebas quite early in the game.

And in case anyone's confused, I'm not making frequent updates here because I want to be internet famous, but because I know I like it when other people do it. If it aggravates me when people don't keep their fanbase apprised of their progress, I'm sure it annoys you all too.

Redshear
July 27th, 2011, 08:24 AM
What about pokemon you need to trade with items to evolve. For example onix or scyther with a mtal coat or magmar with a magmatizer and electabuzz with the item it needs to become a electiver.

Snakebyte
July 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Wesley has taken care of several of those by offering in-game trades for them. Example: There's someone in... Inhore I think, that will trade you a Scyther for your Spinarak. That Scyther is equipped with Metal Coat and evolves into a Scizor when you get it.

Wesley has Electabuzz evolving at level 40. I assume he's done something similar for Magmar.

tralalala
July 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM
im at the zhery league. at the moment im train my team to level 70. i have a ranpurra. it needs a darkstone ( in german : finsterstein ) to evolve

http://pokefans.net/pokedex/pokemon/skelabra

anyone knows where i can geht on of them?

Tcoppy
July 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM
im at the zhery league. at the moment im train my team to level 70. i have a ranpurra. it needs a darkstone ( in german : finsterstein ) to evolve

http://pokefans.net/pokedex/pokemon/skelabra (http://pokefans.net/pokedex/pokemon/skelabra)

anyone knows where i can geht on of them?

to get chandelure (skelabra) you need to trade a zebestrika somewhere to get a ranpurra which will evolve into chandelure (by trade)
all these trades can be found on wesleys site on the main thread

tralalala
July 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM
ohh and i trained it to 70 :D

ok. you right. at the start post... but flamerny city is after the first league.^^ then i have to beat the top 4 with ranurra

îm in skyner city now. bet the gym leader and now? at the end of the way/(bridge is nothing.

zumba
July 27th, 2011, 03:04 PM
This thread soooo exciting lol. I love reading all the posts. Seeing as i always play my pokemon games with the volume off, i dnt care bout right or wrong poke cries. There are like 500 pokemon so i also dnt care if there order is outta wack because i wouldnt be able to tell the difference if they were in order or not. As for new pokemon, yeah i would like to have new pokemon but it doesnt bother me as i only like a select few anyways. So snakebyte, im not choosing sides, but im deffinitly liking your version. Ash having a wife and two chikas on the side... ahahaha. So ridiculous.

Zetsubou Johnny
July 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Seeing as how there are a bevy of generation 4&5 Pokemon i just have to ask is it still using the gen3 battle mechanics? Like is the physical special split still based on type rather than move?

U.Flame
July 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Just a quick question, are you translating everything, even the most unnoticeable NPCs?

Snakebyte
July 27th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Zetsubou Johnny: It's still using the Gen 3 battle mechanics, sorry. I know it's possible to implement the physical/special split now, but that's above my level of expertise, and it'd be Wesley's call, not mine.

U_Flame: Of course! If I have anything to say about it, you shouldn't run into any non-english text in the game.

I've been taking a bit of a break today and focusing on Real Life Issues(TM), but there's a good chance I'll still have gym four done tonight. :)

Barbie Jean
July 27th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Quick question, any editing of names of the gym and elite 4 or are they the same as what is said on wes's site?

U.Flame
July 27th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Aweshome. Without a competition (or people who think it's a competition), things should progress smoothly right?

Snakebyte
July 27th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Huh, I thought I answered your question, K2 XTREME. As of now, I've only edited two names. Kaohri -> Kaori, and Sheyla -> Sheila. I can't guarantee I won't edit any more, but as of halfway through the Zhery league, that's it.

Redshear
July 27th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I dont know if this were a problem with the beta I had but are you gonna fix other trainers pokemon knowing moves they shouldnt and pokemon only using struggle

crystalzapdos
July 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I love the fact that theres 16 gyms. Good Job.

xRedx
July 27th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Good job, Snakebyte. You're hack should be finished in no time. I really can't wait.

Snakebyte
July 28th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Redshear: Yes, I've fixed that.

xRedx: It's Wesley's hack, not mine. :P

Everyone: I'd finish up the fourth gym city now, but I'm having internet issues. I suppose it'll have to be early tomorrow instead. :(

tralalala
July 28th, 2011, 04:27 AM
hey. i have a big problem

the gym ist blocked.

and the way to east is blocked by 3 rocks. i searched with google. landed here in some earlier posts and i find so advices. focus punch for the rocks? i dont have that VM or HM.

for the problem with the pokemon infront of the gym i found an advice that Prof. Ellie is there and fight with me? a quest ?

http://www.abload.de/img/zuhznoew.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenanntiqma.jpg

Satoshi Ookami
July 28th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Wow... once again I just leave for a day and this thread is filled with posts...
Oh brother :D

Update:

You are changing sides too often...
That's not something you should do.

I feel as if Ash493 should be the only translator since he's not fighting over all of this competition and whatnot.
Thanks for that but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to finish it alone (at least not quickly)

Ash, what features are you providing that Snakebyte isn't? If you're both doing the same, then why don't you work together to bring it to the fans quicker...? It's the adult thing to do, after all.
I wouldn't mind it if Snakebyte wants me to help =)
Well what I'm providing is mainly fixing bugs and translating complicated scripts.
That's what I was doing on SP's version.

Huh, I thought I answered your question, K2 XTREME. As of now, I've only edited two names. Kaohri -> Kaori, and Sheyla -> Sheila. I can't guarantee I won't edit any more, but as of halfway through the Zhery league, that's it.
I think those names are good ;)

for the problem with the pokemon infront of the gym i found an advice that Prof. Ellie is there and fight with me? a quest ?
Yes it is. Ellie should be in lab then and then in cave where you will fix the Aron trouble =)

tralalala
July 28th, 2011, 06:45 AM
what cave do you mean? the cave in flamerny city is block by a guy

Satoshi Ookami
July 28th, 2011, 07:09 AM
what cave do you mean? the cave in flamerny city is block by a guy
I mean just that cave =D
You should visit Ellie's lab and then the event should activate.

tralalala
July 28th, 2011, 07:36 AM
okay. i was 3 or 4 times in the lab but nothing happened.

i recorded a video. wait some minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU48VzVlo_U

topgunitsme
July 28th, 2011, 09:19 AM
where can i download the english version of the hack.....please help me ive been searching for days....

tralalala
July 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
no english version available

the newest 1.1 version is playable because the attacks, fight and the pokemon are english ( some pokemons have the japanese names )

the only problem is you dont understand something of the story. ^^

Spherical Ice
July 28th, 2011, 09:29 AM
where can i download the english version of the hack.....please help me ive been searching for days....
The English version of Light Platinum is currently, publically unavailable. Don't worry, though, Snakebyte and a few others are working hard to get it released as soon as possible. :]

tralalala
July 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
can anyone help me with my problem. i posted a video. i stuck there since yesterday^^

Kisspower12
July 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
ID LOVE TO TEsT IT OUT!!!!!

akif66
July 28th, 2011, 10:44 AM
hi to all,

can I catch in pokemon light platinim a ditto?

Co1onel
July 28th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Can someone please help me get this hack to work on GPSP? I downloaded the IPS file and an IPS patcher. I patched the pokemon ruby rom and then put it into the rom folder for GPSP. I booted up gpsp and selected the game but then it said it couldn't find the back up ID or something. I also tried downloading the GBA file from wesley's website and put the GBA file into the correct folder but it didn't even show up when I booted up gpsp. Can anyone help?

Never mind, I got the game working. Something about the file's name the emulator didn't like. So I changed it and it read it perfectly.

Anyways can anyone tell me where to find an eevee? I've been looking in the safari zone but can't find one.

Also when and where do I get the running shoes?

Wesley FG
July 28th, 2011, 04:58 PM
===================
IMPORTANT NOTE
=======================

Hi to all people who love and are fans of Pokémon LIGHT PLATINUM, I come here to say that there are people who were interested in the translation of Pokémon LIGHT PLATINUM (Snakebyte and SonicBlazePlatinum) then there are actually other people who are translating the game beyond PRINCE SACARSTIC and ASH493 they are great friends of mine and I have total confidence in their work, but to avoid more confusion and problems in this thread I let these other people also translate, noting that there will not be changes in the game, only bug fixes, and name changes, (trainers, pokemon 5th generation), I ask the bottom of my heart that people stop fighting here, and that the translators and I try very hard working so that we can all enjoy a game.
Thank you all.

dguy24
July 28th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I have an odd suspicion that Polite Princess is actually SP :paranoid:... Anyway, this game looks awesome and I can't wait for an English version. Good luck to all translators!

R3D X
July 28th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Hey Polite Princess, how far are you and ash on the translation? Are you guys past all the gyms yet?????? Please I'm eager for updates

xRedx
July 28th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Well, there are alot of young programmers.

S0liD007
July 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM
For many Months, i have spectated this hack, as a guest. But today i have made an account and I am now ready to discuss it with you all :D
But first.....I'm mad but glad at the same time. reason why? well Im glad snake has taken the liberty of taking this translation on. Many Thanks indeed, as well as Ash, being as patient as he has been. Mad because...well everyone can clearly see why. It doesn't take that much brain power to process why LOL. Many Thanks to everyone has been attempting to translate this game.

Snakebyte
July 28th, 2011, 11:37 PM
*rubs eyes*

Okay. Progress report. I have completed up to getting the fourth badge, in Dardusk City, and the event in the Guardian Tower. I've got some things to do over the next couple of days, so my progress might slow down a bit, but as of right now I am halfway through the Zhery league. :)

I have also changed one more name. Katyne -> Kaitlyn.

Co1onel
July 29th, 2011, 12:11 AM
My brother will help you answer these questions.

Much thanks for the help. If you could also ask your brother where exactly I can find Ariadna (Jessica) that would be very helpful as It's getting very tiring having to walk everywhere.

Snakebyte
July 29th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Jessica is the first gym leader. After beating her, and attempting to leave Inhore City, you receive the running shoes.

I have no idea where or if you get whatever device you use to view the map, though. o.O

Kungfumidget
July 29th, 2011, 02:10 AM
hey m new to this site but i have been watching for a while and i was wondering how far has the final version been translated in english as i have played a beta and i can only go as far as the 4th badge and i really want to carry on playing.

Thanks

xRedx
July 29th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Polite Princess, do you happen to know where the English beta is? Because I would really like to try it.

wildarms001
July 29th, 2011, 05:46 AM
so how's the translation going? any updates? :D

giradialkia
July 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Guys, keep discussion to Light Platinum only please, not who's getting banned and so on.

tralalala
July 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
whats up with my problem? i cant play :D

U.Flame
July 29th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Okay. I'm a little confused about the translators. I thought Snakebyte was working on it without making any other changes, why is another one hired to do the same thing?

Snakebyte
July 29th, 2011, 01:37 PM
U_Flame, as I said in my initial post, Wesley originally told me SonicBlazePlatinum was working on it and directed me to work with him on it. When I contacted SonicBlazePlatinum, he was no longer working on it, so I started work on my own. I'm assuming that SBP never told Wesley he wasn't going to do it, and that and the language barrier led to Wesley's post.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I PM'd Wesley recently and he said I could make a decapitalized version. Would you mind if I used your English patch since it is LP in English. I'm not doing this because of SP, I'm doing this because that's how it's like in Pokemon Black and White. If not I could make the Portuguese version decapitalized and you could translate that since it takes you a day translating up to each of the sixteen gyms. Also that's the only change I'm making, I even promised Wesley.

Snakebyte
July 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I'm not implementing decapitalization in my translation.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 29th, 2011, 01:57 PM
What I meant was I could make a decapitalized version, could I use the translated version you're making as a base? If not I'll use the Portuguese version, it's the only change I'm making, I have no need for other changes.

Barbie Jean
July 29th, 2011, 02:03 PM

When you finish the translation, would you mind sending me a list of the names for all important trainers? I have been given permission to edit the teams of those trainers by Wes, and to mention it is gonna be my private rom of the game.

Snakebyte
July 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
x_x this is getting ridiculous guys.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 29th, 2011, 02:11 PM
If it's your private ROM why are you asking permission? You're the only person playing your private version so as long it's not downloadable you probably don't need permission. Speaking about that I guess I could make my own private decapitalized version...

Let's talk about something else, I also happen to know some things about Light Platinum that you could ask questions for, like how to get the Psychic gym leader to go to to her gym or how to get the S.S. Ticket from Prof. Jasmine, etc.

Tcoppy
July 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Guys, how many translations does this hack need?
I mean really, this is really getting stupid, I mean all of us fans need to just chill for a bit and let the translator in this case, snakebyte, translate the game because I did try the english beta of his version, and I know for a fact he's not doing the stuff SP did, so we really don't need like 50 versions of the game in english. One is enough.

SonicBlazePlatinum
July 29th, 2011, 02:18 PM
No, Snakebyte's the only translator, I'll be working on ROM Hacks of my own of Fire Red and Emerald. K2 Xtreme wants to make a private name changed version, and I want to make a decapitalized version which I guess will be private now as it's not important either. No need for more translators, seriously... -_-

Darkerm
July 29th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I'm really confuse, Don't know what you guys up to? How many English translation will have light platinum? Seriously, we only need one, so why are you guys making them different as you like?
Man, I don't understand at all. If this goes on we will never able to play English version.

Barbie Jean
July 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'm really confuse, Don't know what you guys up to? How many English translation will have light platinum? Seriously, we only need one, so why are you guys making them different as you like?
Man, I don't understand at all. If this goes on we will never able to play English version.

There will only be one official translation that should be coming in a few weeks. I'm just waiting for the English final release, then I'm editing the main people in the game which I will not release my rom since it is private.

xRedx
July 29th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Snakebyte or Wesley, I really think you guys should have like a Notepad file of which Pokemon is in each route, so we know what kind of Pokemon are in there. This helps other players plan their team more better.

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.

PokemonTrainer-Red
July 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hello there. I seem to have a problem at the part where you're in Snowce City and I enter the building in the top right hand corner of the city, next to the gym, and head into the other room in there, my character freezes infront of the doorway and only my screen will move when I press the arrow keys. I am still allowed to open my START menu and use it. I tried saving then restarting, but it won't work. And now I am stuck forever. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?

Smallbirdie
July 29th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Snakebyte or Wesley, I really think you guys should have like a Notepad file of which Pokemon is in each route, so we know what kind of Pokemon are in there. This helps other players plan their team more better.

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.
I'm currently building a walkthrough that will include which Pokemon are found in each route. It's continually being worked on and I hope to have it finished close to the time Snakebyte gets the English version out. Link is in my signature, and my About Me page if you're interested.

Zetsubou Johnny
July 29th, 2011, 09:02 PM

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.

That is a job for fans really not the creator. The creator makes the game, the fans make the pokemon guide and the walkthrough

I swear this hack keeps fluxuating between normal and crazy. I can't wait until this hack is in english and done with.

S0liD007
July 29th, 2011, 09:14 PM
That is a job for fans really not the creator. The creator makes the game, the fans make the pokemon guide and the walkthrough

I swear this hack keeps fluxuating between normal and crazy. I can't wait until this hack is in english and done with.

Agreed, the translators aren't the only the only ones who can make this game even better

Kungfumidget
July 29th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I saw somebody on youtube fighting the elite 4 and what i could see is that all the main points e.g. pokemon and the moves all were in english whereas when spoke to the final guy it was portugese so i was wondering can someone link me to that rom cos i wanna play the full version but i wouldnt ever be able to battle.

Never mind i found it but can someone help me get this onto my iphone because all i get it a white screen

Sharkey
July 30th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Please someone help me.

I'm stuck at Seanport City and I don't have Surf. I can't go anywhere else, and I just can't find the HM. I've been stuck for hours. Can someone tell me where I can find Surf?

Snakebyte
July 30th, 2011, 04:14 AM
If you're at Seanport City, you don't need surf. Keep looking. ;)

Sharkey
July 30th, 2011, 05:29 AM
If you're at Seanport City, you don't need surf. Keep looking. ;)

Oh God, it was so easy...

But got stuck again. I read somewhere in this thread that an Hiker would give Rock Smash after leaving Seanport City, but he didn't. I met the Gym Leader near the sea and he went away and I can't go any further...

Snakebyte
July 30th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Just talk to the hiker. o-o

If he hasn't given it to you, you haven't talked to the right hiker.

rockerzz182
July 30th, 2011, 07:08 AM

But got stuck again. I read somewhere in this thread that an Hiker would give Rock Smash after leaving Seanport City, but he didn't. I met the Gym Leader near the sea and he went away and I can't go any further...

It happens to me too..what i did is get a new Pokemon LP Version 1.1 Then reload my save then it works..

Sharkey
July 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM
It happens to me too..what i did is get a new Pokemon LP Version 1.1 Then reload my save then it works..

Didn't work for me, I'm using save states always. Could that be it?

Don't understand... If someone can help me...

Xigbar02ii
July 30th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Hey I need some help, for some reason when I patch the file, it does work and the game freezes after it says press start. My ruby file is clean

Snakebyte
July 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Download the .gba from Wesley's site.

Cindzior
July 30th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Does Shaymin appears randomly ? I also found someting that shouldn't be (I think) When i finished both 2 leagues and when I came into Mt. Icestorm and T. Steam was blocking my way. I had to defeat them in place where was Zerkom and Reshiram. The same thing is happening when I'm coming there again. I can't also fly to few cities in 2nd region.

Snakebyte
July 30th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I know you're not asking me directly, but just so you guys know, I can't answer questions about areas I haven't reached in my translation yet. Check out Wesley's site in the first post, I'm pretty sure it has information about legendary Pokemon.

Kungfumidget
July 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I know you're not asking me directly, but just so you guys know, I can't answer questions about areas I haven't reached in my translation yet. Check out Wesley's site in the first post, I'm pretty sure it has information about legendary Pokemon.

How far are you ?? Sorry if u always get this question

And could u provide and eta that u will finish cos I really enjoyed playing the beta.

Cindzior
July 30th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Another PrtScreen. World Championsh - path from train. Sorry for size.

ch4r1zard
July 31st, 2011, 03:39 AM
this game looks amazing...im kinda waiting for the translated version though :)

wildarms001
July 31st, 2011, 03:45 AM
so right now the official translator is snakebyte right? so what happen to sarcastic prince and ash translating earlier? sorry i can't keep up the fast pace coz i didn't come here everyday just checking out random days or months. all we need is just a plain english translation i don't care about editing or something adding to the final beta that's all . peace out :)

Xigbar02ii
July 31st, 2011, 03:47 AM
Woohoo thanks man, is it English?

rockerzz182
July 31st, 2011, 05:26 AM
Didn't work for me, I'm using save states always. Could that be it?

Don't understand... If someone can help me...

If that is not working..it sad to say that you will start a new game..or the second time download the LP rom in gba format in Wesleys website be sure its 1.1 version and delete your previous savefile..or just wait till the englsih version is released..

Satoshi Ookami
July 31st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Oh my god this is NUTS guys!
Just stop asking for english beta at once. You guys must understand that it will be released once it will =)
It really does not help mantain this thread alive.
And the SPAM about translators... this is really getting annoying for all of us.
Of course there is NO need for 20 versions of LP but you all know that SP will make his edited version anyways... So there will surely be 2 translations... but seeing some guys wanting to have their own version of LP... suit yourselves. But it's useless to release those versions. Have them for yourselves but you don't really need to post it here or something.
If Wes gave you permission it's his way but you really don't need to boast about it.
I really hate how this thread became and still becoming pile of trash that only serves one purpose and that is arguing about things that don't belong here at all...
English translation will be even if I were to take care of it by myself but you need to learn how to behave properly.

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.
You can use A-Map for that =)

That's one of wrong scripts... he might but he might not be able to give you HM... :/

tralalala
July 31st, 2011, 01:03 PM
does no one of you have an idea whats wrong ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU48VzVlo_U

i cant continue my game

the prof is not there and the ways are blocked. the cave is also blocked.

please^^

U.Flame
July 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
I know we shouldn't be talking about the translators so much but, I thought Wesley didn't approve of SP's work. Didn't he get dismissed from the translating project?

Snakebyte
July 31st, 2011, 05:06 PM
Guys. This thread is for talking about a hack, not about banned members. Can we please have no more of that. This is why we have PMs and VMs.

On the topic of the hack, though...

Progress report: Sorry, progress has slowed some. I ran into a serious error that was present in Wesley's version, and while I've solved it, it's required me to start my save file over from the beginning, so I'm playing through again and fixing other small issues and generally cleaning it up while I'm doing so. I'm still not sure what's causing the NPCs outside in Esmerald during the steam event to sometimes be in the wrong places after the rain dance, and there is still the issue with the contest that Smallbirdie discovered (and still no healing script in Yellow Town, but that's not a glitch so much as an omission that I'll probably deal with eventually), but there shouldn't be any other issues and forward progress will resume shortly. Beta testers, I may have already fixed a lot of the issues you'll find, so I'll send you a new version once I catch up with myself. Also, it's looking like I'll be going away for a few days next week and again near the end of the month, so I might not be able to get to work on this as much as I'd like. I'll keep you updated, and keep trying to get this thing released ASAP.

Current progress: Translated until Enermy Town, bugfixing/replaythrough currently at Esmerald City.

EDIT: Oh, and for anyone stalking my VMs, regarding 'trainers that don't fight you' that did in previous betas (which I haven't played), it's not a glitch, there's just no scripting for it. My guess is that Wesley removed them intentionally. I won't be inserting new scripts for them.

EDIT: That seems to be the case for only some of them. One's been fixed.

xXxLugia
August 1st, 2011, 02:45 AM
Guys. This thread is for talking about a hack, not about banned members. Can we please have no more of that. This is why we have PMs and VMs.

On the topic of the hack, though...

Progress report: Sorry, progress has slowed some. I ran into a serious error that was present in Wesley's version, and while I've solved it, it's required me to start my save file over from the beginning, so I'm playing through again and fixing other small issues and generally cleaning it up while I'm doing so. I'm still not sure what's causing the NPCs outside in Esmerald during the steam event to sometimes be in the wrong places after the rain dance, and there is still the issue with the contest that Smallbirdie discovered (and still no healing script in Yellow Town, but that's not a glitch so much as an omission that I'll probably deal with eventually), but there shouldn't be any other issues and forward progress will resume shortly. Beta testers, I may have already fixed a lot of the issues you'll find, so I'll send you a new version once I catch up with myself. Also, it's looking like I'll be going away for a few days next week and again near the end of the month, so I might not be able to get to work on this as much as I'd like. I'll keep you updated, and keep trying to get this thing released ASAP.

Current progress: Translated until Enermy Town, bugfixing/replaythrough currently at Esmerald City.

EDIT: Oh, and for anyone stalking my VMs, regarding 'trainers that don't fight you' that did in previous betas (which I haven't played), it's not a glitch, there's just no scripting for it. My guess is that Wesley removed them intentionally. I won't be inserting new scripts for them.

EDIT: That seems to be the case for only some of them. One's been fixed.

u see SP was right when he said that ur translation of the hack will take at least one month. What did you think that its an easy job, you did not come even half way and already talking about slowing down and going on a journey.You cant translate hack before SP. SP realizes that this job needs a lot of time to be done.you are fooling people by telling stories about translating progress like it will be done in 2 weeks.

Spherical Ice
August 1st, 2011, 02:53 AM
xXxLugia, he didn't claim it would take a month. Sarcastic Prince did. Sarcastic Prince started all of this pointless arguing and "competition". Oh, and Sarcastic Prince got banned. So drop the subject. Snakebyte is translating it. You should be happy. If you're so desperate, you'd be glad to see any progress. It isn't Snakebyte's fault that he's slowing down. It's Wesley's. I've seen some of the mistakes that he's made, and Snakebyte has to fix them, otherwise people like you would come and complain about how it has a bug. Yes, he's going somewhere later on. He has got a life outside of translating a hack of a Pokémon game. If it was his job, and he was being paid, maybe I'd understand. But he's not. This is all voluntary. So why don't you think about that. Rather a delayed, bug-free, strict translation or a half-assed translation with random unwanted features? If you're anything like me, you'd want the first. And if not, why don't you go and pester Sarcastic Prince. Clearly he's your king. Have a nice day now. :]

(That's not just aimed at xXxLugia. It's to all of you. Just enjoy the hack and be patient. Seriously.)

Anyway, you know that if you ever need my help, Snakebyte, just catch me on MSN or drop me a VM. Keep up the good work (both you and Wesley.).

Cindzior
August 1st, 2011, 03:04 AM
u see SP was right when he said that ur translation of the hack will take at least one month. What did you think that its an easy job, you did not come even half way and already talking about slowing down and going on a journey.You cant translate hack before SP. SP realizes that this job needs a lot of time to be done.you are fooling people by telling stories about translating progress like it will be done in 2 weeks.
Right, this isn't easy and you cannot even begin translating without few things that ONLY creators have. I don't know how this things are called in engish, beacause I'm from Poland.

Can someone do a favor for me? I can't find uxie, and I've searched everywhere. If someone want to check my savegame, e-mail me : [email protected]

Snakebyte
August 1st, 2011, 03:50 AM
Okay! Instead of rambling on for paragraphs about what I tried and what was wrong, I'll be succinct.

The bug was Zero's OW not being there for his event in Mt. Shuem. I fixed it. For real this time, instead of just thinking I did and pointlessly replaying the game, like last time. Much thanks to Spherical Ice and DrFuji, both of which were enormous help in barking up entire incorrect forests.

Progress now RESUMES!

master2738
August 1st, 2011, 05:58 AM
ugghh this really sucks. why did sp hav to get banned??? he was so close to being done and we were so close to finally having an english version. now we hav to wait another two to three months for snakebyte to finish his.

Alex31
August 1st, 2011, 06:25 AM
ugghh this really sucks. why did sp hav to get banned??? he was so close to being done and we were so close to finally having an english version. now we hav to wait another two to three months for snakebyte to finish his.

Read above, please. We don't talk about how members did things wrong and got banned because of it on this thread; and since SP created an alt, there's a good chance he'll be gone for ages. 'Sides, judging by Snakebyte's current progress, i'd say it'll take him around a month to get to a first release.

And, off topic, but SP was nowhere near done. He hadn't tackled some of the more serious errors, and had corrupted the rom he was working on. To quote Snakebyte (I don't know if he minds me doing this, if he wants me to remove it, then its fine)
As I've progressed further, I've been able to contextualize statements one or the other has made about bugs being present, and I can tell you with certainty that almost everything they've had issues with is entirely their fault, and probably not fixable. They've corrupted the rom. It's a problem I ran into early on, and it did crazy things like crashing each time I excited a certain building, or deleting the attack tables for the last ~30 Pokemon, or taking literally minutes to load some trainer battles. I've since identified what I was doing wrong and started fresh without repeating the errors. From the glitches they've reported, they haven't.

xXxLugia
August 1st, 2011, 07:07 AM
xXxLugia, he didn't claim it would take a month. Sarcastic Prince did. Sarcastic Prince started all of this pointless arguing and "competition". Oh, and Sarcastic Prince got banned. So drop the subject. Snakebyte is translating it. You should be happy. If you're so desperate, you'd be glad to see any progress. It isn't Snakebyte's fault that he's slowing down. It's Wesley's. I've seen some of the mistakes that he's made, and Snakebyte has to fix them, otherwise people like you would come and complain about how it has a bug. Yes, he's going somewhere later on. He has got a life outside of translating a hack of a Pokémon game. If it was his job, and he was being paid, maybe I'd understand. But he's not. This is all voluntary. So why don't you think about that. Rather a delayed, bug-free, strict translation or a half-assed translation with random unwanted features? If you're anything like me, you'd want the first. And if not, why don't you go and pester Sarcastic Prince. Clearly he's your king. Have a nice day now. :]

(That's not just aimed at xXxLugia. It's to all of you. Just enjoy the hack and be patient. Seriously.)

Anyway, you know that if you ever need my help, Snakebyte, just catch me on MSN or drop me a VM. Keep up the good work (both you and Wesley.).

ok...i never wrote that snakebyte claimed it would take a month i clearly wrote SP and i when SP releases his eng translation patch u will change ur opinion.

maison123
August 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
There's something I still don't get about SP's being banned... Just a while ago, I saw one of Wesley's post saying he gave SP permission to make changes, so he's ok with SP, then how exactly did SP get banned ?

gokuno
August 1st, 2011, 07:32 AM
this is all too much everyone should jus bow down and say thank you basedgod

Dodq2
August 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Let's just quit whining about translators. Snakebyte will be done when he get's done, and nobody knows if SP will finish. Chill.

ase
August 1st, 2011, 09:10 AM
For the record, SP is most likely not coming back to PC.

Cindzior
August 1st, 2011, 09:11 AM
Is it possible to unlock entrance to this door ? (if it's possible, tell me what should I do)
(It's port in Seanport city)

SonicBlazePlatinum
August 1st, 2011, 09:16 AM
You can't unlock the entrance to those doors, I don't know why they're there however. Even after you get the S.S. Ticket from Prof. Jasmine they're not important.

Lipe101
August 1st, 2011, 09:22 AM
Ummm I got stuck in the 7th gym the ice one, in the first puzzle I was trapped there was no way out...

teddymanneke
August 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM
The game freezes when I try to open it, my PC says my colors pallets are changed because a program (which is VBA) is not compatible.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Snakebyte
August 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
I'll stand behind Alex31's statement, with one exception: Change all the 'they's to 'he's. I'm pretty sure Ash was trying to fix errors, not making more of them. :P

But why are you still talking about a banned member in a thread about a hack.

Stop that.

It took a few days to deal with a serious bug. This isn't the end of the world. And, surprise! I have a life outside this forum that I barely posted on before agreeing to translate this that requires me to go away now and then. I'm sorry if I'm no longer your dream date. ;.;

EDIT: A stable beta has now been sent to my testers. I'm taking a break for the night, and will aim to have the fifth gym done tomorrow night. :D

Johnster
August 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM
This is by far one of the best Pokemon hacks I've seen, can't wait for the English version to come out. Keep up the good work, Wesley! Good luck with translating it to English, Snake!

tralalala
August 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM
yes the hack is good until flamerny city. theres a bug, i cant play anymore :D

The Grubby Pup
August 1st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Everything about this is good. I remeber playing awhile back. Tho, the I did find the Gym leaders to be nearly impossible to defeat sometimes.

Anyways, I didn't realized that the final version was available...
Unfortunately...I don't know how to speak brazilian, so I'll also just wait...'til an english patch is available.

U.Flame
August 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
I love how quickly progress is going! I don't see how your real life interferes with progress, I think it's going smoothly.

Cindzior
August 1st, 2011, 11:55 PM
The game freezes when I try to open it, my PC says my colors pallets are changed because a program (which is VBA) is not compatible.

Hopefully someone can help me.
Which Windows are u using ?

Cindzior
August 2nd, 2011, 12:55 AM
I finaly found uxie, but when I'm pressing "Z" I'm receiving PP Up. Can it be fixed from my PC or is it a problem of ROM?
Have anyone got the same problem ?

teddymanneke
August 2nd, 2011, 01:52 AM
Which Windows are u using ?

Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bits

Cindzior
August 2nd, 2011, 03:43 AM
I've got the same system and I haven't got any problems. You can try change settings of emulator. Color pallets will change, just compare graphics between GBA and Vista (or 7)
I think that this game is a bit chaotic. Everyone has got different problem. And it's hard to fix them all.

blackmage856
August 2nd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Good luck and God speed to you Snakebyte :D
Although I no longer have much interest in pokemon hacks anymore , I wish you the best ;)

Satoshi Ookami
August 2nd, 2011, 12:12 PM
I finaly found uxie, but when I'm pressing "Z" I'm receiving PP Up. Can it be fixed from my PC or is it a problem of ROM?
Have anyone got the same problem ?
It's bug we are already aware of.
Hopefully it will be fixed in the english beta (which reminds me I need to check on it myself...)

Mazi11
August 2nd, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hi. I've got a problem. After 3rd badge I obitained , I can't get ROCK SMASH, from Hiker who is near Seanport. How can I get it? Please help!.
I play the portugese version, obiviously beacuse is longer, but i don't know this language...

pixiefroggy
August 2nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Can't really help anyone. :( I tried to download Light Platinum, but it was in Portuguese... I ended up google translating while playing through the beginning and eventually just got ticked off from typing so much and stopped playing.

Mazi11
August 2nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
There is english beta...But relatively shorter...

pixiefroggy
August 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
There is english beta...But relatively shorter...

Thanks! but I might as well just wait for the full english version.

Snakebyte
August 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
The Rock Smash problem has been fixed for the english translation. I hope. Waiting for my beta tester to confirm.

Mazi11
August 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Which means getting HM06 in full version is a bug at the moment?

Snakebyte
August 2nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
I've gone through the area twice and it's worked fine. Other people have reported errors. Some people get it, some people don't, I don't know exactly what's causing it but I'm around 95% sure I've fixed it.

Chimchar 9
August 2nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
To be honest I think this thread should be closed, otherwise more spam is going to be posted. I have a suggestion... maybe make a thread and keep the public updated on the translated beta on the first post? Though, a moderator would have to edit the thread and close it once updated.

Anyway, good luck on the translating.

Snakebyte
August 2nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
Alright, that took me way too long, but I have now finished translating the fifth gym in Groment City! :D

Current Pokemon changes:
- Unova Pokemon have english names.
- Feebas evolves by Water Stone.

Current name changes:
- Sheyla -> Sheila
- Katyne -> Kaitlyn
- Atlur -> Atlas
- Kaohri -> Kaori

Current bugs/issues that I am aware of that exist in the parts I have translated:
- Entering the Normal Rank contest in Central City will cause graphical glitches in the rest of the game. Just don't do it.
- No heal script in Yellow Town. I may fix this, but I'll worry about it once the bulk of the translation is complete.
- Some sprites may be out of place after Red uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City. Enter and exit the Pokemon Center to fix it.
- Some items may reappear after picking them up. I've noticed this in Route 409 and with one item in the Groment Mines. I don't really care enough to fix it, Wesley is really generous with items anyway. If it happens to you, enjoy. :)

The issues with the Rock Smash Hiker and the events in Mt. Shuem should be solved, and progress should be faster now that they have been. Also, there was a lot more distance between gyms 4 and 5 than there was between gyms 3 and 4. :P