PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite gaming series?

~Zangoose~
October 27th, 2008, 07:52 AM
what is your favourite game series?

my favourite is pokemon

whats yours?

Alakazam17
October 27th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I chose Legend of Zelda, though I've become quite fond of Fire Emblem in the recent months.

Nuke
October 27th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Guitar Hero, Ace Attorney or Pokémon.

BakingBluePotatoe
October 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Besides Pokemon?

The Sonic the Hedgehog series, I guess...

Signomi
October 27th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Game-related discussion belongs in Other Games.

~Moved

Skaterzpenguin
October 27th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Its pretty simple... Well my fav. game series is POKEMON! lol

pkmnmaster69
October 27th, 2008, 08:39 AM
My favourite game series would have to be Sonic the hedgehog then it would have to be pokemon.

Franceschi
October 27th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I have three. Pokémon, Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda. :D
EDIT; okay, four. I forgot Final Fantasy ♥

Banjora Marxvile
October 27th, 2008, 08:43 AM
... Umm... I have 2, The Banjo Kazooie series and The Legend of Zelda. As well as Super Smash Bros. if that counts?

Shiroi Alucard
October 27th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Disgaea is the way to go! XD

Arcanine
October 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I've taken a strong liking to the Kingdom Hearts series. Maybe for the RPG style gameplay, maybe more so because of the story. But my fav game series is Kingdom Hearts.

Gold warehouse
October 27th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Legacy of Kain series was great, I remember playing Blood Omen years ago and I'm still playing Defiance. FF7 was also great but also the only FF I've ever played, I don't have a PS2 so couldn't get the latest ones, I don't want an MMO and I'm looking forward to XIII.

The best games were on the PS1

DonRoyale
October 27th, 2008, 10:35 AM
The Legend of Zelda. I could play any of the games, pretty much.

Pretty much every other series has released a title where I just said "This sucks, not getting it". But in the case of Mario and Pokemon, they were 'concept' games, like Mario sports games and Pokemon Pinball.

Ruphire
October 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Pretty much all the games you posted I like except for Halo I mean it's a good game I just don't play that much!

Kirakishou
October 27th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Halo sticks out like a sore thumb in that poll...

Anyways. Overall, the Castlevania series. Its been consistently brilliant for a while now...

ソラ
October 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Kingdom Hearts Seires

Been my favorite for a long time.

Samurai X
October 27th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Wow, that's a tough one for me. I don't know if I should pick LoZ or Pokemon. I mean, LoZ are the better games most of the time but Pokemon isn't one of those games that needs to have everything, I like it how it is for the most part and it's very entertaining. The Metroid series is also one of my favorites, Halo is good and I like it but it's not that good, the God of War series is also a very good series. I'm gonna have to go with the Legend of Zelda series but Pokemon and Metroid are very high up there as well. Nintendo has some good franchises, now it needs some innovation and I'm not talking hardware.

Shem
October 27th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Well, if Earthbound and Mother are even half as good as Mother 3, it would be that, but since I haven't played Earthbound or mother yet, I would have to say...

i changed mine, It's the smash bros series

Sounds
October 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM
LoZ,Sonic,DBZ,Kirby and thats it for now

Dukey
October 27th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Well I like Pokemon obviously
The World Ends with you, also obviously.
And Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is really fun

Pietacular
October 28th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Kirby/MGS. MGS 3 and Kirby Super Star are two of my favorite games ever!

Confuse
October 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Well, I like most Nintendo series, with Zelda and Metroid on top.

I also very much like Ratchet & Clank.

Darcho
October 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Silent Hill. It is a dark series that works to frighten people psychology. Most of the games have great storylines and excellent characters. The monsters are also awesome. They are grotesque and blood thirsty, yet beautiful at the same time.

Gummy
October 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Kingdom Hearts is the way to go! And even though they'll probably never make a sequel, The World Ends With You is awesome (and of course, is made by the same people who made KH). Putting Pokemon would just be redundant.

suicidesal
October 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I like Disgaea but my favourite are the Megaten games, by far! I actually used to be a "secondary admin"(for lack of a better name) in the largest English Megaten fansite, but after a lot of switch up's in admin control/power etc. my role has becomed minimized and it's still kinda up in the air... but that's another story.
Megaten games have so much depth to them and character development and don't conform to the standard JRPG form... and yes good

True Reign
October 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, Halo, and the sports game series.

Yu_&_Rei
October 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I have 5, the mario series, pokemon series, Sailor moon series, and Panel de pon series, and the Zelda series. I mostly like the mario series.

Klippy
October 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
The Half-Life series, for suuuure. :D I absolutely love those games (including Portal, Team Fortress 2, etc.). I've never enjoyed a series as much as that one.

I'm also quite fond of the Grand Theft Auto series, Mario series and Phoenix Wright series. :3

ソラ
October 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Kingdom Hearts is the way to go! And even though they'll probably never make a sequel, The World Ends With You is awesome (and of course, is made by the same people who made KH). Putting Pokemon would just be redundant.

What are you talking about they'll never make a sequel. Noumra already said Sora's adventure still continues.

Vanilla Kitsune
October 29th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Legend of Zelda by far. Then Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, most Nintendo games series, and Final Fantasy series.

Disturbed
October 29th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Ratchet and Clank games... why?

Because Insomniac always fulfills our requests

R&C-2 , we wanted better weapons, we got it
R&C-3 , we wanted multiplayer, we got it
R&C Deadlocked , we wanted co-op, we got it

and so forth, each of those games is an improvement over the other.

Kraka-chan
October 30th, 2008, 04:15 AM
My favoured series include Mario, Zelda, Sonic and Pokemon among others. The majority of them tend to be from Nintendo or Sega games/consoles.

Caelus
October 31st, 2008, 10:22 PM
My favorite series has always been Mario. I like the series so much i'm in the point where my views on it are biased. :(

invisible-chan
November 1st, 2008, 05:02 PM
For me its Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, and Brawl. I haven't played enough games from Final Fantasy to say I like the series.

Eon-Rider
November 1st, 2008, 05:09 PM
My favourite series is probably Ace Attorney then possibly Pokemon.

Aegis
November 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM
After sitting here for a good while, I managed to narrow it down to Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts D: I just couldn't chose between them ;;

M i n a t o //
November 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
I guess for me, it's a tie between Disgaea and Fire Emblem since I'm mostly into Tactical RPG's.

Candy Christina
November 2nd, 2008, 05:55 AM
Well I like all of the choices except for Halo. I also like the Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts, and a lot of other RPG games. I'm a RPG fanatic for sure. :]

Ash&pikachuarethebest
November 2nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
My favourite game series are Pokemon, Guitar Hero, Soul Calibear and Time Crisis games.

maxx unlimited
November 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
You can guess what I'm gonna say.
DDR.

ShadowDeeps
November 14th, 2008, 12:22 PM
The Half-Life series, for suuuure. :D I absolutely love those games (including Portal, Team Fortress 2, etc.). I've never enjoyed a series as much as that one.What Popwar Bunny said. Despite that games of recent like Bioshock are arguably superior, Half-Life pioneered the FPS genre in a way no other game, rudimentarily, did 9 years before. It has my favorite game character ever (the G-Man, whose mysterious, other worldly, and subtly morose nature I can appreciate) and it enwrapped me and followed a well set mood and pace (dark, never sacrificing a second, building, menacing tones, plot being the catalyst, immersive, etc) I wanted in a way that no game had before. The expansion packs and sequels are still good in my opinion but nothing beats the original, for it makes the inclusion of the closest thing to a revolution one can make come to fruition (in my honest opinion). My only issue with it is that most of the characters are less characters and more NPC clones, but that's a limitation of the game engine (a modified Quake engine if I recollect) rather than the game and story itself.

Barney.
November 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Fire Emblem and Advance Wars.

Both made by Intelligent systems.

Both Strategic RPG's.

Both amazingly addictive games.

----------------
Listening to: Editors - Spiders (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/editors/track/spiders) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Aizuke
November 14th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Eh.. Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Devil May Cry, Samurai/Dynasty warriors, Call of Duty, Golden Sun.. My list could go on.. :<

diamondpearl876
November 14th, 2008, 08:07 PM
My favorites are Ace Attorney, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon.

.Vaporeon
November 15th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Halo <3 I still love playing Halo 3 on my Xbox
Half Life (I used to play that on the Pc,I loved the game)
Pokemon

There are more,but I cannot be bothered to post all of them. Those games are pretty well known and are by far my favourites.

-Neku Sakuraba

Fox♠
November 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Silent Hill. It is a dark series that works to frighten people psychology. Most of the games have great storylines and excellent characters. The monsters are also awesome. They are grotesque and blood thirsty, yet beautiful at the same time.
Silent Hill 1&2 were excellent, 4 was good. But 3 and Origins were pretty bad.

MGS is my favorite game series of all time. It's truly a hallmark in entertainment.