PDA

View Full Version : The End Of The World...

The Exorcist
October 27th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I know there are only 1,213,312,983 (well that's just made up) theories about the end of the world, I'm not saying make up one, but which one do you believe most. To me I think the 'huge meteor hitting Earth' theory is the most true TO ME. I'd like to see what other people believe, this is going to be very interesting:D

Ayouki Emerald
October 27th, 2008, 09:37 PM
WARNING: This is a biased opinion.
I "personally" think the end is near. 2012, have you watched Nostradamus predict? Its surprisingly accurate.

Sounds
October 27th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I'd say in.......never,no matter what a new race will be born after humains

King Goodra
October 27th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I don't believe in any of them. In fact, I believe "It's the end of the world" theories are, quite franking, retarded nonsense that I honestly don't give a damn about seeing as how I'm quite positive that if there really is an end to the world, I won't be here. Now, that seems very hypocritical to go placing an "if" in there, but I know for a fact that I will die before the entire world does. It's nothing I'm going to worry about even if it did end before me. Because, well, like I said, it's a bunch of nonsense. These theories that the world is going to end in three years, the Gaia theory, etc. are just reasons to act as wild as you can. I mean, most people, when they know that somethings going to end, they act very differently than when they are starting to adapt to it. Like a school year, for instance. I believe the same for these theories. It's reasons for people to go around running about like idiots. Now, for those who do something with their lives and fulfill it, I am not pointing that towards you as I respect people who want to make something of themselves in the future to possibly the highest degree of respect I have.

Anyway, long story short: I don't believe in that, I don't waste time learning about it, I don't like talking about it because there's truly nothing to talk about, and I find it childish that people will think the world will end for whatever reason. I remember reading a post by someone here about this subject and they asked "Does time end?" No, it does not. Why in the world would you think that the earth is going to end if time never ends? The earth is a cycle all on its own and repeats itself many, many times.

To me I think the 'huge meteor hitting Earth' theory is the most true TO ME. I'd like to see what other people believe, this is going to be very interesting:D

I don't see how you would think that a meteor of any kind would be big enough to completely destroy the earth and all in which live there. Now, I would understand that you would say that a meteor could do that to a race, yes, as it has done that before, but the entire earth?!

Harley Quinn
October 27th, 2008, 09:55 PM
No, I don't beleive in end of the world theories. Thats like believing that Bush will run again. It's not gonna happen.

So just get on with life.

Hawkfish
October 27th, 2008, 10:15 PM
No, I don't believe in any of them. There has been to many of them. Their built to scare people. And for other people make a profit from it. That's all.

Azzurra
October 27th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I don't believe in any theories, since none of them have been able to fully convince me.
However, the 2012 one did scare me for a second, because everything the Mayan's predicted came true.

Horizon
October 28th, 2008, 12:39 AM
People need to stop worrying about end of the world theories. The likelihood of any of them coming true is astronomical.

Gold warehouse
October 28th, 2008, 01:58 AM
I'm far too busy to ponder about when the end of the world will be, I don't think it will be in 2012 that will just be the end of London; when the world ends nobody is going to know about it because it will just explode or get superheated or something it's not going to be a zombie epidemic like the movies.

Cassino
October 28th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I'd like to see the end of our world.
We'll probably have all nine nearby worlds by then though (yes I'm aware half of them are gas planets, have you never seen the Antilia space station in Zone of the Enders?).

I think the Sun will burn it, not consume it... so I honestly don't have any method I think the world will be destroyed by; nuclear war will only put craters in the surface, religious prophecy is stupid (no offence, but this is a "state your opinion" thread), meteors will like nuclear warheads only make craters (the moon as well, even if it falls out or orbit or whatever, is also too small methink).
Now assuming "end of the world" is interpreted as "end of the human race", I don't think anything but the Sun (or some kind of weapon specifically designed to destroy planets) will end the human race's time on Earth, but as I said by then we'd have more than one planet.

The Earth will honestly, I think, just be a rock in space that forever remains intact.

the bitter end.
October 28th, 2008, 07:53 AM
All of the current end of the world theories pretty much suck, nothing is happening in 2012.

dumbpikAchu
October 28th, 2008, 08:48 AM
look at my signature. Im christian SO what everybody my religion believes. Jesus comes to earth, takes the saved people....

Alakazam17
October 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, the 2012 predictions are becoming scary....two societies on opposite sides of the world(in a time where they couldn't communicate with each other) coming up with the same date is a little news-worthy, in my opinion. Plus there are the predictions of Nostradamus, Merlin, and the Hopi Nation, among others.

But regardless of whether there is any truth to these prophecies, the world is going to end at one point. Now assuming we don't bring on our own demise(which is assuming a lot, unfortunately), the world will end when:

a) Mercury's orbit fails, causing it to crash into the sun, Venus, or Earth, or leave the solar system entirely
b) Our sun goes Red Giant. It's radius will extend out beyond Venus, possibly enveloping our planet as well. And even if it doesn't, it'll be too hot for anyone to survive.
c) The universe as we know it comes to end. According to today's science, this is inevitable. The universe is currently expanding, but at some point it'll start closing in on itself, annihilating everything within it in the process.

Though the first one I mentioned may or may not happen, the last two are definite given today's science. But they won't happen for several billion years down the road. Hopefully humankind can avoid these disasters, or else prove that the theories of today were wrong. But as I said before, this is assuming we don't destroy ourselves long before we'd ever have to worry about it.

KJ
October 28th, 2008, 01:38 PM
However, the 2012 one did scare me for a second, because everything the Mayan's predicted came true.

need i say more? the mayans were very smart, outta all the theory's this is the one i believe.

Amplified Ampharos
October 28th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Amen All of the other ideas are Hosh-Posh except for us Christians wait the poster above was wierd i meant the awesome guy

Aurafire
October 28th, 2008, 01:50 PM
People need to stop worrying about end of the world theories. The likelihood of any of them coming true is astronomical.

^ This.

I can't really say it any better. The odds of some catastrophic meltdown of the solar system or a massive meteor crashing into the earth are barely above zero. It'll be millions of years before any thing like that happens. I'm pretty sure we have nothing to worry about for a good long while.

Tater Tot
October 28th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Not any time soon, I can say that. Come on people, 2012? I can understand why people are making predictions. Last of the same digits until the 1300s start, blah blah blah. Why didn't they think that in 1912? What about 2000? Wasn't everyone certain that when 2000 started the world would come to an end? Since when did that happen? Plus, by the time 12/12/12 hits, people will have probably forgotten the whole thing.
Someone will pop up afterwards and say, "Hey, wasn't yesterday supposed to be the end of the world?"
"Oh yeah, lets make a new date, and become famous for it!"

KJ
October 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM
the mayans said it would end on 12/23/12 not 12/12/12

Gummy
October 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM
The only people that have to worry about the end of the world are those that decide to stay on Earth for another 5 billion years.

.Iramet
October 28th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Their are a few that are true but not many, also for me the end of the world is when their aren't anymore humans left.
Therefore if the sun expands because it ran out of an energy source it will devour us and all the other planets nearby, or if a big enough comet/asteroid hits it could possibly end the humans time on earth.
But let's not waste our lives worrying and have fun while we can.
^.^
P.S. I also heard about the 2012 theory, and it creeped me out for about three months straight, but I got over it.
XD

Virtual Chatot
October 28th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm going to laugh on the supposed day of our doom in 2012.

EmpoleMew
October 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM
It will happen when it happens. Period. Besides, according to some religions, 2012 was at least 3,000 years ago, if not more.

I'm sure everyone here remembers Y2K. Heck, even I had heard of it, and I was only 5 at the time.

txteclipse
October 28th, 2008, 03:38 PM
It will happen when it happens. Period.

Yep. No sense in worrying about it. It would be better to just move on without having to think about something you can't predict or even control in the first place.

Cassino
October 28th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I lol at everyone saying "in a million years, but now!?", a million years ago you'd be saying exactly that. The Earth is billions of years old apparently, so really, we could just as likely be living in the arbitrary end date as anyone else at any previous or future time.
And before anyone says "it wouldn't happen so conveniently shortly after the millenium", the Gregorian calendar is as arbitrary as any other one; on the Chinese calendar the year is currently 4705.

Shadows
October 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'll run out of cheese(I can't live without my cheese!) and then...
(Note: Do not click if you want the fake "happy endings" like the world runs out of food/water and all life slowly dies away...)
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8418/atomicbombnuclearexplosud4.jpg

ErickaVolt
October 28th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I believe on Nuclear War. 2012 is a bit dramatic.

Yu_&_Rei
October 28th, 2008, 05:23 PM
WARNING: This is a biased opinion.
I "personally" think the end is near. 2012, have you watched Nostradamus predict? Its surprisingly accurate.

I hope that 2012 thing doesn't happen, they said tho seeing something like a red star (I think) at night in the next 3 years or something like that means it will happen.

ErickaVolt
October 28th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I hope that 2012 thing doesn't happen, they said tho seeing something like a red star (I think) at night in the next 3 years or something like that means it will happen.

And who would want the world to end?

Shem
October 28th, 2008, 06:21 PM
well, i think the only way the world can really "end" completely is when the sun expands and burns it up.

Yu_&_Rei
October 28th, 2008, 06:25 PM
that won't happen for like another few million years.

4th Gen Matt
October 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM
The 2012 theory threw me for a loop the first time I heard it.

Personally, I think the world will end when the Sun burns up. Long after I am dead.

Truthfully, I could care less. I am not emo or anything, but I don't fear death. If someone pointed a gun at my head I would dare them to pull the trigger.

I don't want to die, but I am not afraid of death.

Shem
October 28th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Exactly! And I doubt that Humans will be around to see it!

GunSaberSeraph
October 28th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Apparently the Mayans can only be off by 33 seconds at the most... but I think it's a bunch of bull. We can never really predict anything that happens. Nobody saw 9/11 coming. How can we be sure whether the world will end in 2012? Something major might go down though.

Shem
October 28th, 2008, 06:42 PM
what's the 2012 theory? Ive never heard it before.

GunSaberSeraph
October 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM
what's the 2012 theory? Ive never heard it before.

there are a bunch of predictions around the world from thousands of years ago that the world will end in December 23, 2012.

Shem
October 28th, 2008, 06:57 PM
That's really dumb, no one can see the future because the future has not been written.

GunSaberSeraph
October 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
That's really dumb, no one can see the future because the future has not been written.

that's exactly what I think. Even if the world does end. Who cares? There's nothing we can do about it but to go out in grace.

Shem
October 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself!

True Reign
October 28th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Here are my theories:
- United States and Russia drop the last two remnants of small pox on each other and it spreads down to Mexico, South America, Africa, Middle-East, and the other countries.
- Dark energy forms around the Sun creating a black hole. This will eventually destroy the Sun making it go Supernova. Yes, I capititalized it for a reason.
- Andromeda crashes into us. The chances of us surviving are extremely slim.

look at my signature. Im christian SO what everybody my religion believes. Jesus comes to earth, takes the saved people....
I know it's your religion and all (and I believe in Jesus), but there is no way Jesus or God will help us in armaggedon. If any supernatural will help us, it'll be Satan sending his Four Horsemen to quicken our lives.

Dukey
October 29th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Uuh all I could think about in History was that one day my life was gonna end and I would be gone forever... Scary Stuff...

Anwyas, I guess Doomsday will come, you know 'When Hell Takes Over' or something like that and we're all put into slavery for Satin...

raging lion
October 29th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I don't actually believe that 2012 is the end. But everyone knows that there is going to be doomsday and that would be the result of human wars.

Alakazam17
October 30th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Whether or not the 2012 idea is real or not, there are quite a bit of people who know about it. Furthermore, there are quite a bit of people out there in the world who would love to do something on that day to make the prophecy seem real for a lot of people. Therefore I think we should still be on guard that day, whether we believe in this or not. Because there is one thing I do believe in: the existence of people who believe it. And of those people, I wouldn't be surprised to find some who have less than admirable hopes for our planet.

As for the predictions of 9/11, I heard of one story about this a few months ago. Apparently there is some computer which scans everything which is being said over the Internet, and makes predictions about what is to happen in the coming days. It was designed for use with the stock market, but it has been linked to other events, including 9/11. But then again, anything can say anything if you look hard enough.

Phixum
October 30th, 2008, 06:09 PM
... Okay.

In theory, it is well known that the Earth will be shattered within 3-4 billion years. That's because the nuclear fusion of the sun which is responsible for the production of energy will cease; briefly, the sun will die. That might case the whole solar system to fall apart, but definitely we're not going to live. That's absolute.

In different ethnicities, there are different prophecies of when and how the world will end. Believe them or not, by the end of the day no one is going to prove them wrong. I can tell you right now that tomorrow will be the end of the day. None of you can dispute that until tomorrow comes.

Trap-Eds
October 30th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I hope the world won't end in 2012. That's the year I'll graduate from high school.

But really now, so what if the world ends then? We're all gonna die eventually, right? The whole point of life is to live it to the fullest, for purpose and meaning-at least I think so. So if the world was gonna end, like a week from now, I would be doing everything I'd want to do-or at least trying to.

Hee, I can imagine future people going nuts in 2012 because they're scared of what COULD happen.

Shem
October 30th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Well im not ready to die, I have a good 60 years left for me! Worlds not going nowhere while I'm around! Because I'll save it!!!!

Roy G. Biv
October 30th, 2008, 07:31 PM
That's what people a million years ago said D:

dumbpikAchu
November 1st, 2008, 07:15 AM
-;4076670']Here are my theories:
- United States and Russia drop the last two remnants of small pox on each other and it spreads down to Mexico, South America, Africa, Middle-East, and the other countries.
- Dark energy forms around the Sun creating a black hole. This will eventually destroy the Sun making it go Supernova. Yes, I capititalized it for a reason.
- Andromeda crashes into us. The chances of us surviving are extremely slim.

I know it's your religion and all (and I believe in Jesus), but there is no way Jesus or God will help us in armaggedon. If any supernatural will help us, it'll be Satan sending his Four Horsemen to quicken our lives.
???? have you read the bible???? Go read Revelation again. What the Bible says is true, Mister.

Gold warehouse
November 1st, 2008, 07:18 AM
???? have you read the bible???? Go read Revelation again. What the Bible says is true, Mister.

Science has proved most of the beginning of the bible wrong, I'm willing to bet the end is wrong aswell.

Gummy
November 1st, 2008, 07:24 AM
It's really idiotic to think anyone can predict the future because the future can branch into so many different possibilities. Something seemingly simple like the decision to wait for the street light to change or to J-walk can be extremely significant. For example, let's say you decide to wait for the light to change, you live your life, and become a president that somehow attains world peace. Or you J-walk and get hit by a car and die. The world just lost out on an awesome president. The future is simply too hectic to predict.

True Reign
November 1st, 2008, 09:16 AM
Do you even know how many times science has proven the Bible wrong? I believe in God and stuff, but the Bible is something some crazy dude wrote five thousand years ago.

Trap-Eds
November 1st, 2008, 09:23 AM

-;4085944']Do you even know how many times science has proven the Bible wrong? I believe in God and stuff, but the Bible is something some crazy dude wrote five thousand years ago.

Uh, guys? Can we not jump into that delicate topic? :paranoid:

Anyway, 2012.......We'll all see what happens when we get there. Preferably, nothing will.

Counterfeit
November 1st, 2008, 01:14 PM
What's the 2012 theory everyones on about? Anyone got a link?

I'm personally going with the one about the universe stopping expanding, and then coming bac in on itself.

dumbpikAchu
November 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Science has proved most of the beginning of the bible wrong, I'm willing to bet the end is wrong aswell.
LIKE? seriously, You're just showing how reasonable atheism is to you. I hate atheists :(

Samurai X
November 1st, 2008, 04:03 PM
The end of the world or the end of the human race? The end of the world will come when the Sun becomes a Red Giant and completely destroys Earth. The end of the Human race will be much sooner than that though, when the Sun's radiation/luminosity are too much for Human life to handle. Unless the Human race somehow manages to destroy itself before then, which may happen but it seems to far fetched that all human life will end because of something caused by humans.

I like the theories that you guys have posted better though, they're more interesting. 2012 will not be the end though, it just won't happen.

St. Anger
November 1st, 2008, 04:20 PM
Lets see:
LHC=FAIL
2012=FAIL
Sun Exploding=WIN

Sum of it all.

Amachi
November 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
Since we've gotten around to attacking the beliefs of others, I can say this thread has gone a bit too far.

btw it's absurd to think that anyone can predict the end of the world when at most all we can do is predict the weather forecast, and even then we get it wrong a lot.