PDA

View Full Version : Why Are You All Still Here?

Motsuko Live
October 30th, 2008, 01:49 AM
No srsly... GTFO plz.

When I first joined PC, I was actually kind of into Pokemon. No, I wasn't a die-hard, Pokemon fanatic, but I did enjoy it; well enough to secretly join a Pokemon forum. But in the seven or eight months that I've been here, I've began to gradually pull further and further away from it. I'll occasionally pick up Platinum and fool around for a few minutes, but that's about the extent of my so called 'Pokemon Addiction'. I just don't have that passion for Pokemon anymore.

So, this morning I found myself wondering, "Why am I still here?" I mean, I don't like Pokemon, I'm not overly popular, and I'm not staff. I have no reason to stay here. But still, I choose to spend about an hour before and a few hours after school on PC.

For myself, the most reasonable explanation would be the socializing. In school, there's a certain 'way' to act (if you want to keep up your reputation, as I do). Dress the right way, chill with the right people, don't associate with certain, 'Nobodies' (as cruel as that sounds). But here on PC, you can be... well, a nerd! 'Cause c'mon guys, let's face it; we still semi like Pokemon. We're dorks! xD;

But that's the beauty of it. PC let's us associate with other Pokemon fans in the comfort of our own, self-sustained environment. No one makes fun of us because, more or less, we're all here for the same reason.

So yeah, that's why I'm still here. How 'bout you guys? What makes PC so addictive for you?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
October 30th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Well, I guess you pretty much summed it up in your post! Where i live, Pokemon is like a ticket to unpopular-land so you kind have to hide it. So yeh, PC is like a place where I can really be myself.

Josephine
October 30th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I joined here about four years ago, but now I don't really like pokemon at all. xD

The hacking of the games brought me here in the first place, but now all I do here is talk. ^^

Franceschi
October 30th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I first joined PC because I had a passion for Pokémon and I wanted to meet other people who also liked Pokémon.

I stay here because of the amazing people I've met and are friends with. Taking breaks from PC is really difficult anyway, so leaving my friends would probably make me die. ;-;
TCTI is also a really big part of my PC life. I've met a load of people on there and it's a great place to post everyday just to have a conversation and whatnot. :D

As you can see, my friends are a big part of my PC life. ^+^

Gold warehouse
October 30th, 2008, 02:33 AM
I stay for the community, I'm not really into pokemon so I only really post in the non pokemon related topics and the people here are alot different compared to other forums I'm part of, it shows that if peoples (former or not) interests differ then their personality will differ aswell.

♣Gawain♣
October 30th, 2008, 02:51 AM
I'm still here cause I can still interact with you guys, share ideas and others. I have a lot of friends here than in my school.

ErickaVolt
October 30th, 2008, 03:02 AM
i'm adikted to pipel hir/ I'm still here because I have friends, even though many people hates me. I am here because I want to learn more about computer things especially CSS and HTML. Many interesting things to learn here, really. I learn more about English and talk like englishmen.

Horizon
October 30th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I joined because I had just got Pearl and so I wanted to trade with people. =X

I spent the first few months in only the trade forum, which is why my post count isn't that high. But then I ventured out into the rest of the forum, then lo and behold I became staff a few months back.

To be honest, I've lost almost all of my passion for playing Pokémon now. =/ I want to get it back, bedcause the strategic side of it is really appealing. Hopefully Platinum will reignite my fire, so to speak, but if it doesn't, I won't be leaving PC. I enjoy doing my job too much. =3

Amachi
October 30th, 2008, 04:31 AM
IT JUST WON'T LET ME LEAVE ;O;

No really, I'm meant to be hiding from this place to do some study and yet I just can't go. In fact, I've been spending even more time on here since I said I'd take a break.

But yeah, I have my friends that I'm not willing to leave and I feel like I have some strange duty to this place.

Toblerone
October 30th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I stopped coming here for around a month, then i came back. I had a few personal issues to smooth out, but i also came back and i'm staying put because everyone is so nice, helpful and (normally) polite. PC is an awesome forum!

As quite a few people have mentioned, i came here with a huge passion for Pokémon. I spent goodness knows how long in the Trade Corner, but then i eventually left that place and into various other places in PC. I am still a Pokémon fan, but not a huge one anymore. Now i stay to discuss things (mostly with chocolate) and meet many friendly people.

JX Valentine
October 30th, 2008, 05:00 AM
The people in Pokemon Fan Fiction are sexy. No, seriously. We have an orgy going on.

Mostly the people and the atmosphere. I like the fact that I can be laid back and essentially myself, and there's people who totally agree with me. The community here isn't as tight across the board as I've seen on other boards (as in, people from the hacking forum usually don't know the people in the PFF that well and vice versa), but the community in the individual forums and the feel in general is just welcoming and friendly. Here, I really do feel as if I can just walk up to someone and start chatting with them about random crap without being afraid that I'll be mocked or blasted (which seems to be a problem on other boards), and usually, I can find someone with whom I can have an intelligent conversation. (Even the staff tends to be sociable and totally up for that kind of stuff here.)

I know. You're getting pretty much repeat answers, but yeah, I think it's safe to say that's a big plus for PC. That and there's a lot to do here. PC has a forum for everything, and with its kind of community, members feel safe participating in as many of them as they want.

Cassino
October 30th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I SHOULD BE AT THE FORUM I'M A SUPER MODERATOR AT

._.

This place has magnets under its floorboards.
First large forum I joined, so I suppose I've just become acquainted with it; it's like my inanimate internet mother or something. xO

Mitchman
October 30th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I joined here about four years ago, but now I don't really like pokemon at all. xD

The hacking of the games brought me here in the first place, but now all I do here is talk. ^^
4 years eh? So thats why it says september 2008?
Anyweh i still am here cause yo guys are thwe best. Really. The rules are simple(ish) the people are nice. And you dont get mauled for playing pokemon and mobile games!

Thrace
October 30th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I joined because I wanted to download some hacks. My reason for staying at PC for over a year was my own hack project. I had (and still do) an interest for Pokemon but I really wasn't interested in any other parts of PC.

Now, I don't know what it is, I love this place even though I'm slowly losing my interest in Pokemon and even Hacking. Maybe its the thought of having to say goodbye to all the wonderful people I've met. I just can't see myself leaving this place, not for a long long time anyway.

Charizard EX
October 30th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Woah, You're PC supporter and you don't the thing the forum is about. Weird. Man, I wish I was a PC supporter. In my country nobody make fun of someone who likes Pokemon. And the way to become popular in school is good grades or a smart kid, which you guys call "Nerd" or "bookworm".

How 'bout you give the title to me....... Nah, just kidding, but I really wish to be one of the staff of Pkmn Community.

Alakazam17
October 30th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I joined quite awhile ago because I wanted to advertise a friends' forum in my sig, XD. It was also the same day I joined Serebii, Bulbagarden, and PE2K, heh. But I didn't really post much as a result.

A few years later, I became more active when Diamond and Pearl were about to be released. And I've been active ever since, actually making this the forum I'm most active on. I still advertise friends' sites in my sig, but that's not why I post anymore. ^^

BakingBluePotatoe
October 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I've tried joining other forums, but... this place is tops. Truly one-of-a-kind. No other forum can come close to this one.

The con is the stupid humans who only see a tiny piece of the picture and think I'm still an addict... >.> (Oh come on, Dad, YOU'VE Been to forums! You should be able to figure out that MAYBE THERE IS MORE THAN JUST POKEMON HERE. In fact, I'm getting a tad bored of Pokemon... maybe I went a bit to fast on Pearl is why.)

devilicious
October 30th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I'm here because I like to make my profile pretty.
Also to shove up my opinion on people's threads, because that's always fun.
Oh, and because stalking members is a good passtime~

SamuraiMaster
October 30th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I pretty much only got one reason.

All my other forums are pretty much...dead.

Sad but true...:(
Exscept for supercheats I guess, but I like the community here. So yeah. I'm kool here.

digi-kun
October 30th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Eh...i think most of the reason i'm still here is cuz...well, it's one of the things that still keeps me entertained/eases boredom. But mostly, it's the people that come here, half of all my friends generally originated from this board (note that this includes IRL friends too). It's might also be because it's a way to just kind of talk openly...or something like taht

Soul Eater
October 30th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'm here because PC has actually become an addiction. I've gone to other forums before but I always come right back here. I feel like belong here and PC is actually my home. :D So, I don't think I'll ever leave and I do like pokemon but its not a huge obsession or anything. XD

Sounds
October 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I'm here because PC has actually become an addiction. I've gone to other forums before but I always come right back here. I feel like belong here and PC is actually my home. :D So, I don't think I'll ever leave and I do like pokemon but its not a huge obsession or anything. XD

Same thing with me,I think i'm probably addicted to PC,i got like 200 posts in just 2 weeks.

Josephine
October 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
4 years eh? So thats why it says september 2008?...

Other account, silly. >_>

Another reason why I did join in the first place, was because here I wouldn't get bashed for liking pokemon. :p

Aurafire
October 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Well...I joined because my friends and I were planning our tournament and decided it would be a cool idea to post it on PC. They had been around here for a while, and I was kinda new. I had told myself in the beginning that that's all I would be doing, but after browsing the forums I realized this was a pretty cool place. So I began posting in other places besides DPP and *BAM*....addiction XD

What keeps me here is the people and the whole community feel we have going for us. It's nice to know that no matter what goes on during the day, you can always come back to PC and someone will be happy to see you or will want to chat. That and there's a whole lot to do...it's really hard to get bored. XD

Eternal Nightmare
October 30th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Good friends, relaxing enviroment, just basic fun, what more could you want? I dont think I could leave this place and leave all my friends behind, even though some already left. this place is also my number 1 chill out spot online.

Dukey
October 30th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I have to agree with everything you said there Ritsuki.

I am mostly here because I have made friends that like pokemon and that I can talk to without getting dumped in a trash can xD

Michii
October 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Michii is still here because she loves torturing little forum members with her asdfness.

As much as I'd like to say that I'm here because it passes the time, I'm not. This forum really means something to me, and I really enjoy being here. I'm certainly not addicted; I make sure that I monitor my time online constantly. But for some reason, I like being here. A lot. It's really mind boggling for me. I don't have many friends, I'm by no means liked amongst the majority of the members, and I think I may have posted in a pokemon related section but eight times in my membership here. I guess I'm here to look for the future- I have so much potential here. I can make friends, raise my status as a member, and maybe even become a carrot more social.

marz
October 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I first came here because I liked the Pokemon games and wanted to see a Gold & Silver remake, which brought me to the hack section. I signed up, started posting around, and fell in love with the chatting.

I stay here because it's kind of my second life. I have a real life and real friends, and then on top of that, I have my internet friends that I talk to on here. It's a nice life, I just wish I didn't have to keep this forum a secret from everyone. But I choose to because I think it's in my best interest. :x

Kyoko
October 30th, 2008, 04:25 PM
BECAUSE MY FRIENDS ARE SEXY BEASTS.

no seriously though, I would not be here at all without them. Back when a big bunch of them left PC, or tried, I felt like leaving too. I didn't really have a reason for being on if I couldn't talk to them. Pokemon doesn't interest me, but they do :> Since most of them smexies are pretty inactive, I don't post around as much, I mainly stalk and lurk in profiles now.

Hiidoran
October 30th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I first came to the ol' PC to learn all I could about ROM hacking. I had been to a few forums before, but I was never really active. When I made my account and began to post I began to wonder why I had never joined a community such as this before. It was perplexing because I used to absolutely love Pokemon and would want to discuss it at every given opportunity.

For the vast majority of my stay here I was mostly active only in the ROM Hacking forum. I suppose I didn't much see the point of the other sections, but I was sadly mistaken. After a pretty darn long leave of absense, I returned to this community to find it very different from when I last left it. I had really grown out of my game making phase and decided to check the rest of the community out. That's when I found New Users and Welcome. That's where a lot of my friendships first began...
(You guys are great! You know who you are. ;D)

So I suppose I'm mostly still active around here because I feel the need to welcome new members, post my opinions on subjects that I feel pertain to me, have an awesome time with my friends, and generally enjoy myself. The Pokecommunity is a pretty good place to just sit back and do whatever I want. If I'm not in a particular chatty mood that day, I'll just click around and stalk people. xD

I think I will be at the community for quite some time to come. It seems PC put bait on the hook and I bit it. Now I can't leave. xD

Aegis
October 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I stay because, well, I love PC <3 True, I'm not as big of a Pokémon fan as I used to be (or rather, not as active of one), but I still do like it. And on top of that, I'm on the staff around here, and I moderate one of the larger Pokémon oriented forums <3 I've made loads of friends (and even a person who is MORE then just my best friend) through the staff, the majority of my friends overall are from PC, or were at one point. I love opening my computer in the morning and seeing I have a few reports, and helping to work them out, and suggesting new ideas to improve and help PC, or to help members in the CQ & F. I guess being on the staff is a huge reason of why I'm still around, because I love it so much :> And even if I wasn't on the staff, I'd still be an active member. When I first came back after I quit, it was weird just being a Community Supporter, but I found myself enjoying the forums very much just the same. Talking to members, discussing things (or discussing nonsense XD) is all just fun to me, even when it's not related to Pokémon.

So yeah, in short, I'm still on PC because I love being here <3

Bleuhorn
October 31st, 2008, 12:32 AM
I visit here often because I am a haphazardous idiot.

Saryka
October 31st, 2008, 01:22 PM
I joined because I was into Pokemon, but I stayed because I made a lot of friends. :D; I'm not as active around here as I used to be because many of my friends aren't as active here anymore, but from time-to-time I'll log in a post around or do some PCSpaceBook-ing, or whatever. Whenever I'm on here nowadays, I keep forgetting that this is a Pokémon forum, because I certainly don't do a whole lot of Pokémon discussion when I'm on here. XD

Arago
October 31st, 2008, 10:36 PM
I'm here because Andy told me to join, so I did.

The reason I stay has multiple factors that all play a key role in my slight addiction to PC. First, PC is the most intelligent community I am a part of. That's saying a lot since most of the forums I join, you're required to be at least thirteen or over. And PC has kids younger than that who know how to type, how to user proper grammar and (the majority of them) know how to not be n00b-like.

The next reason I'm here is because of the lovely styles. These styles are possibly the greatest I've seen on any forum. Ever. Most of them are complete with every image from the default style being replaced with one created by someone who truly cares about the community at hand.

I like communicating with my friends here. I try my best to respond to every visitor message I get. Though I don't accept any friend adds until I've spoken to the person who's requesting to be my friend for a few days or so, I still try my best with communication. This is probably a key factor I don't have that many posts. I spend more time viewing other conversations that other people have publicly and speaking with people more than I do to people.

Another thing that keeps me coming is the staff. The staff at PC clearly don't joke around when it comes to their job. I can't say that about the majority of the staff on the communities I used to go to. They were extremely lenient and won't do anything until it's too late. So clean boards here are great to have because they keep the n00bs of the community, wherever they may be, in shape.

The final reason I'm here is because I donated. I'm not going to donate to anything online unless I plan on staying for as long as I can. And that right there is why I donated. I planned to stay as long as I can when I first started to get active around June. Donating insured that I would remain here. Otherwise, it would be a waste of money. That, and I also donated for a few of my friends afterwords (said friends whom better remain a part of the community for as long as I do) which is also a lock-in.

So, yeah. PC's one of the two community forums that I still consider myself an active member in.

Metatron
November 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM
I'm...not really too sure, actually.

I guess until someone decides to ban me for some reason, I'll just keep coming back ._.

Hiraku
November 1st, 2008, 11:07 AM
Well, what reason would I have to leave? I love this place and the people in it. I'm staying.

Peanutz
November 3rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
You're calling us...nerds?

I'm a proud Pokemon fan. I'm pretty much a nerd in reality, anyway.
I'm staying for a long time. I have great friends here, and I love Pokemon.
I don't have a reason to leave. ^_^

Azzurra
November 4th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I'm still into Pokemon, and love it to bits, and also this community seems to be a great place to hang out, and let your feelings be felt, and also it's a great place to give advice to others, who need help.

The Abyss
November 4th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Because I'm a psychologically deranged maniac that preys on interweb forum-goers that like Pokemon.
Erm...Lots of people are friendly and it's a great place :D

BeachBoy
November 4th, 2008, 01:11 AM
So yeah, that's why I'm still here. How 'bout you guys? What makes PC so addictive for you?When I was looking for a new forum, I wanted a place I could fit in, get along well with the community 'n' actually know what's going on. I didn't fit in well with Smogon because of well... not 'n open arms community, and just drilled into battling. PokéBeach, was on trading cards which I rarely, if ever, played. So, I wanted to be involved in a forum that isn't solely focused on one aspect like Smogon or PB, had a nice community, and I could be accepted at. And when I went searching for new forums just from that animated avatar, I found PC. It's versatile yet can easily flow with Pocket Monsters, an interest of mine, obviously.

So, why am I here? Because nothing went... wrong. (sorta) In my previous forums, they were both very active and great, but I couldn't relate so well like I can with PC, and generally just lurked at those communities. Friends came and came, then getting known, my entire road & ride just got better and better. To the point where now I'm completely addicted 'n' staff! PC is addictive to me for... countless reasons. The community is a huge factor, easily. My friends are important to me here on PC, always will be. Also, you know, I'm a moderator and I take pride and joy into maintaining my forums, disabling signatures, helping people, getting involved in staff decisions, and just generally doing my job. Another thing is that, when I was fresh 'n' new, it was easy to share your opinion, not get flamed, and everything was... hmm, peachy. XD The rules aren't difficult or stressful to the point of restricting post opportunity. (At least in my eyes) I was accepted, and never hit that "You've been kicked to the curb. >:|" point with PC like my past, thankfully. Sure, I had my share of infractions when I was young, but PC is just that addictive and fun for me, where when I'm in an online test I open another window to see my VMs, blog comments, reports, etc. XD; I love PC.

There are even times when I take a break from Pocket Monsters, and everything continues to run smoothly. Again, PC is versatile to me. I've had my fair share of hard times due to offline whoas, but PC helped because it took my mind off of that stress and helped me calm down mainly. My friends being there for me, and so forth. I've achieved and gained so much at PC, I can't leave, I just... can't, and I don't want to, either. PC is my second home & family, first being my real ones. ;P I love sharing my opinion actively and communicating with my friends. :D

tl;dr version
Nothing ever went horribly wrong. PC is addictive to me 'n' the reason I'm still here is all that is has to offer and continues to deliver, not to mention how much I love this forum and its community. :D

viridian doubletongue
November 4th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I still love pokémon with all my heart. Just don't find as much time for it lately.

I'm here because it was, once, a big part of my life, and I have no reason to forget it. So I visit every now and then.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 05:29 AM
I'm still here because I'm still into pokemon:D and I love the people on here, your all so polite and nice, no one is rude and everybody respects each other:D, and the staff on this forum is a one of a kind:D there devoted and nice:D,, the staff is what makes this forum different:D, and I love how active the Admins are:D *Glares at pe2k:D*

Fate Falls
November 4th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Well, I just joined. xD I go in and out of Pokemon moods. I've just always been a fan since I was a little kid. It's quite addicting. I joined here to jump in on some Pokemon-related conversations and perhaps role play Pokemon as well. :]

dumbpikAchu
November 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
cause im new! :D I wuv pc! <3

/Circa
November 5th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I... DONT... KNOW...

Seriously, I have no idea why I still hang around here.

Avey
November 5th, 2008, 07:54 AM
The main reason I'm still here or addicted to this place is because of the awesome people who can put up with me. On other forums, I've never really made too many friends because everyone is too busy being part of their own clique and they don't like my attitude, but here... I don't know. Most people understand that the point of a forum is to communicate and everyone here loves socializing. The avatar limits, signature allowances and board selection are all factors as well, but first and foremost, like everyone else, I'm still here because of my friends.

LipstickTraces
November 5th, 2008, 08:11 AM
yes i enjoy this forum a lot, even though the main thing to do here is talk to people :) there arent any games section or extras, but i still visit here every so often just to see if anythings new.