PDA

View Full Version : Weird Stuff People Say

GFA
October 30th, 2008, 04:44 PM
You all know, what I'm talking about. The weird stuff people say, where ever your from, you know people say weird thing. Like were I'm from, when people are mad they say it, "Sucks fish ****." When people don't know what to say they say, "Baduzlaphis."

.Iramet
October 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM
What is the point of this thread?
You didn't even really ask a question.
^,^
But what I think you want is for us to state weird things that people we know say, in which case for me their is nothing, other than "whatever".

Hiidoran
October 30th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Well, if one isn't considering the way we Hoosiers like to take normal English words and butcher them completely, then I suppose we only have a few little sayings.

One thing you here a lot around my area is "c'mere a minute." I can't tell you how often I hear that phrase when someone wants to speak with me. xD

In my immediate community, one can often hear people answering "qué?" to a question they do not know how to respond to. I suppose we adopted the word after the influence of Hispanic people in our community.
(So far nobody has adopted Punjabi sayings, however. :o)

Not too creative around here. People used to say "ain't" a lot, but that has died down quite a bit since I was a child.

ErickaVolt
October 30th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I never heard of people here say weird stuff.

Roy G. Biv
October 30th, 2008, 07:21 PM
OHGODWISHCONSINISTHEABSOLUTEWORST ;;

I am an expert on Wisconsin-isms

For instance instead of "creek" we'll say "crick" -.-
Instead of "water fountain" it's "bubbler" {Seriously, what the hell is up with that? >.>}

And there's more that I don't feel like posting because I'm lazy like that :<

Amachi
October 30th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Not too creative around here. People used to say "ain't" a lot, but that has died down quite a bit since I was a child.
I first heard "ain't" in year 3 and started using it when I learnt that no one else did anymore. I still do use it, but now lots of people do :(

Bleuhorn
October 30th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I say "magniferrific" is that weird enough?

♣Gawain♣
October 31st, 2008, 03:21 AM
I usually say Lol if the thing is funny, and billy-oh if it hurts. It's kinda weird.