PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Advice

Nuke
October 31st, 2008, 04:55 AM
Okay so I have a birthday and christmas coming up and I have an idea of what to get but not which exactly I should get.

My main problem involves Guitar Hero IV and Xbox 360, I want both but I cant get the full pack of Guitar Hero IV if I get an Xbox 360.

So some information to help you sort me out (If you actually want to bother, I appreciate it.) :

Why I want it

Xbox 360 - Many games the Wii doesnt have, two in particular I want. Better multiformats due to graphics and online etc.

Guitar Hero IV - Guitar hero is one of my favourite gaming franchises and this is a big step forward. I'd naturally want it but with extra instruments, DLC (On wii) and many customizing options, it is a must.

Problems

Xbox 360 - I cant get it if I get Guitar Hero IV and the whole set of instruments. I might get bored of it after a while due to there being many games that arent my type of game on the console.

Guitar Hero IV - I cant get a 360 if I get it and the whole set of instruments, but I want to get them all so I can play with others and make it a better experience. My family might desert me in the band after christmas day though. Also, with the whole set I'd need to wait over a month from the game's release here.

Options

Option 1 - Get Guitar Hero IV (Full Band) and completely rule out Xbox 360.

- Two brilliant X360 games I will miss though.
- I get full Guitar Hero Iv experience with friends and family.

Option 2 - Get Xbox 360 and Guitar Hero IV (Guitar/No Guitar(Due to my GH III guitar))

- Will be playing by myself or with only friend and miss all the full band modes. Though, I may not get enough people to play if I did have all instruments.
- Get the two games, plus Tekken 6 when it is out. Also better multiformats, with more games to get I'm sure aswell.

Option 3 - Forget Everything and be completely unhappy.

- I will be unhappy.
- I will be unhappy.

Well if you can help, much thanks in advance since you had to read through that boredom.

Shiny_Latios
October 31st, 2008, 07:38 AM
I would say go for the console that most of your friends have, they both have online so you can play other online games with your friends on the same network.

My brother and I have the same theory, we only got GTA IV for the 360 because more of our friends have a 360 compared to a PS3.

Couldn't you compromise? Just have the game and a 360, maybe with any birthday money save towards the instrument kit?

Nuke
October 31st, 2008, 07:43 AM
Yay a reply!

Whichever my friends have wont matter sadly because they dont have online.

I believe that for the full instrument kit you get game too which means I'd have the game twice, I have too many games to get to save for it also.

Thanks.

Cassino
October 31st, 2008, 02:08 PM
What games are those you'd miss out on? Most are no longer exclusive so if you check or wait you may find that they're available on whatever console it is that you may otherwise get.

Cherrim
October 31st, 2008, 02:36 PM
Go with the console and save up for GH on your own, I would say. The 360 is shaping up to be the best console this generation and there are so many great games for it. Just GH4 can't compare to the 360's current and future library. :|

devilicious
October 31st, 2008, 03:12 PM
I agree with Lightning. Get a 360, because it's definately the best console you could get right now.

Then save up some money and get Rock Band instead of GH4. :D

Nuke
November 1st, 2008, 04:05 AM
Rock Band is out of the question. :D

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'm going to get GH IV (With Guitar) for my birthday then the 360 at christmas.

For the other instruments, well maybe someday.

I'm not missing out on too much by getting only the guitar, since people wouldnt play as a band much anyway. I'll only miss playing drums.

Thank you for the help.

El Gofre
November 1st, 2008, 07:00 AM
Bear in mind that the guitar for the wii will not function with an XBox 360, meaning you'll be buying the entire set all over again.

I must side with the people suggesting you buy a 360, due to sheer variety and versatility. Surely you could get the 360 and then wait only 3 months for GH? It's a very small interval and you'll have new games to keep you occupied until then.

Unforgettable
November 1st, 2008, 07:37 AM
I would go for the 360, you'll use it more than guitar hero... and plus you can get guitar hero later on when it goes down some. XD; It may just be me, but I would get more use out of the 360 though I'm a PS3 fan :x

Nuke
November 1st, 2008, 08:19 AM
Bear in mind that the guitar for the wii will not function with an XBox 360, meaning you'll be buying the entire set all over again.

I must side with the people suggesting you buy a 360, due to sheer variety and versatility. Surely you could get the 360 and then wait only 3 months for GH? It's a very small interval and you'll have new games to keep you occupied until then.

I wasnt planning on getting it for the 360.

Thank you for the help, there are now alot of reasons why my below choice is good. :D

Catsupper
November 1st, 2008, 09:35 AM
Option 3 dude xD

Im kidding i say option 1 because i agree guitar hero is awesome!!

Klippy
November 1st, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hmm..it really depends on the type of person you are. I opted for the PS2 version of Guitar Hero III because it came with two guitars, which would enable me and my cousins to play for the entirety of Christmas break last year. I could've got the Xbox 360, the preferred system of choice, but I'm not too selfish and was happy to play with my cousins. :x

So, it really all comes down to if you'll have more fun with people, plus if the Xbox 360 is a wise choice to make if you don't like the system's selection of games.