PDA

View Full Version : Government Today

Noah Ridgewood
November 1st, 2008, 10:33 AM
That thread regarding homosexual mairrage and what went on in it had me wondering. Many people have different views of America today and certainly do have a way of showing it to others. But, what do they think about the government all together? Has the government, including judician and legislative branches, forgotton what America was founded upon? Does Democracy mean nothing today? Is there even Democracy for the majority of the aspects Government has on the people today? Are they slowly taking away our rights with every next turn? Or are they trying to keep us united as a forefront against issues going on in the world?

This is both a good and a bad time to discuss this sort of things if you're an American or otherwise seeing as how America, like any other country, has an impact on the world we know today. With the election coming up and all, it's a good thing to reflect on what has happened in the past years of Republicans being in power and what could come if things do or do not change for American government.

Politics is always a very heated subject, so please refrain from making it seem like you're the one who's right in an "debate-like" topic like this. I'd have placed this in OVP, but I thought that this would be more of an elaborate discussion rather than a simple poll being put up asking whether American government has ruined America in the past few years.

supertails
November 1st, 2008, 10:39 AM
What do they think about the government all together? I hate it.

Has the government, including judician and legislative branches, forgotton what America was founded upon? Yes

Does Democracy mean nothing today? Yes

Is there even Democracy for the majority of the aspects Government has on the people today? No

Are they slowly taking away our rights with every next turn? With every turn. Yes

are they trying to keep us united as a forefront against issues going on in the world? No