PDA

View Full Version : Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Angela
November 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
A simple question, please answer it:D,,(My answer) I'm looking forward to the month of December because then I get a vacation from school "because I'm not in elementary school anymore my vacation begins 2 weeks earlier:D", and I look forward to all the Christmas lights:D,, I know some of you think it's corny, but hey I live in Iceland and it's pretty dark here on the winter, so it's cozy to have things lid up with colors:D:D

Bomberman
November 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
I forgot how close Christmas is and then I got this warm, fuzzy feeling. Love the atmosphere of Christmas.
And Iceland is fantastic btw, I'd love to experience an Icelandic Christmas.

Mr. Downstairs
November 3rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
Not in the slightest as it will be the first Christmas I'll have without my mother. But in advanced, I hope everyone's will be splendid.

Kitty-Kat
November 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
I'm kind of not, because I'm at that age where you're expected to give your friends and family presents, and I don't have any money or creativity to get them presents. Plus a month ago we sort of estranged ourselves from some of our family... I don't know how that's going to work out... So it will probably be a small Christmas. Probably the smallest I've ever had.

Bomberman
November 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
I'm kind of not, because I'm at that age where you're expected to give your friends and family presents, and I don't have any money or creativity to get them presents.

This is actually quite fun if you think of it that way. Do some serious brainstorming starting NOW and by Christmas you'll have fantastic gifts for everyone. I promise.

Chibi-chan
November 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
I'd like to get through Thanksgiving first before I jump into Christmas...~_~

eleven
November 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Only as much as I do every year...

Yamikarasu
November 3rd, 2008, 06:05 PM
It's friggin' the 3rd of November. >_>

And no, I hate Christmas. I hate getting presents from others and I hate having to buy them for others. I murdered Santa Claus. And I'm Jewish.

^sarcasm

marz
November 3rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
I love Christmas so much, it makes me happy. I just love everything it is and if there's snow outside during Christmas it makes it amazing. The lights and the crisp cold air and the joy going around is just unimaginable. It's my favorite time of year. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, I joined PC on Christmas Eve. That's something I'm not too proud of.

FairyGarland
November 3rd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Apart from the presents...no. Christmas has become nothing but an excuse for more sales.

suicidesal
November 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
kinda not looking forward to Christmas because I will need to spend Christmas eve at my boyfriends house and it will be the first time I ever missed Christmas eve at my moms house

Volkner's Apprentice
November 3rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Well you guys are a fun bunch of Grinches..X_x

Haha, sorry, I just adore Christmas time. It's so magical; the feeling, the shopping, the warm cocoa on a snowy morning, everything about it is just awesome. Plus, the approach of December means everyone will be coming home from college for two months and considering I've been bored out of my mind, this is a very good thing XD.

I'm going to work on presents come Thanksgiving time; I think some for particular friends and one for each family member will be good. I'm at the age where it's difficult to shop for, so the gifts make no difference to me :P. I just like the holiday season.

Fate Falls
November 3rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Yes and no.

I really could use some extra money, which I know is selfish, but I'm a broke college student and I only get $40 a week. Yeah.

On the other hand though, ugh. My boyfriend and I are total Scrooges. I hate traveling. We'll have to drive 3 hours to be with family and we'll get asked the same questions we get asked every year - "What's new with you? How is school? How is work? How's the weather been?" >.> Family time is just meh. My family is completely insane too (my boyfriend has a hard time with them, poor dear has to try his hardest) so it's really not enjoyable.

I just want to stay home with my Tony and spend Christmas together with our own traditions. I'd like to just light some candles, maybe get a very small fake tree with lights already on it (I really don't care to decorate or clean up pine needles - I spend enough of my free time cleaning as it is) and possibly play some relaxing Christmas music while snuggling in front of a fire (unfortunately, since we moved to our new apartment, we no longer have a fireplace). That's my ideal.

True Reign
November 3rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
I love Christmas, but I would like to get past Thanksgiving first, lol. :p

♣Gawain♣
November 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I love Thanksgiving, the turkeys and all. After that, it's Christmas again. That part of the year I'm most certainly looking forward to.

Ausaudriel
November 4th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I love Christmas! ^_________^ And as much as I "can't wait" for it to get here, I also love the days/weeks leading up. Possibly even more than the actual day, even.

Colder weather, Christmas decorations, just the whole atmosphere is nice. Definitely my favorite holiday. :3

I actually had a weird PC-Christmasy dream a couple of nights ago that I totally forgot about until just now. XD; I was in this large city square type thing, I think it might've been Disney World somehow (I think this is because Aegis recently visited Disney and it was fresh on my mind @_@), and there were multiple stories in a building behind me, and I think one of them was a cafe called "The Mod Lounge" XD; There was garland and tinsel and frosted windows, but that's really all I remember of it.

The only OTHER detail is that I remember walking through the center and having some random salesman guy try to sell me some kind of food. *shrug* That's boring though.

ANYWAY I TOTALLY DERAILED. @_@; Bottom line, I love Christmas time. <3 Best time of the year. :>

BeachBoy
November 4th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I actually had a weird PC-Christmasy dream a couple of nights ago that I totally forgot about until just now. XD; I was in this large city square type thing, I think it might've been Disney World somehow (I think this is because Aegis recently visited Disney and it was fresh on my mind @_@), and there were multiple stories in a building behind me, and I think one of them was a cafe called "The Mod Lounge" XD; There was garland and tinsel and frosted windows, but that's really all I remember of it.Downtown Disney, awesome place for the Lounge, quite the dream you got there Audy. XD!

I'm a huge fan of Christmas, but just the other day I walked into the grocery store and dear Arceus, already blasting "HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS :DDDDD!" over and over again with Christmas music. Needless to say, I didn't like it THIS early. >_<

I love the vibe of Christmas though, chilly (well, Florida doesn't get very chilly) and log burning smell in the air. (Better mixed with salt air. :D) The closer it comes to Christmas the more I'll warm up to it, but now? Just not in the best mood for it. XD But yeah, love palm trees in lights. XD

Azzurra
November 4th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I am not really looking forward to Christmas, because I know what to expect, and all the advertising gets on my mind.

However, I love the presents, and celebrating Jesus, so that is a big plus.

Gold warehouse
November 4th, 2008, 01:56 AM
No not really, my family make it a chore every time, my dad just gets grumpy and moans constantly about our broken family and he has his xmas dinner in a basement with the drunken B&B landlord, my mum and brother want to have a secluded christmas away from the rest of the family, my Nan on my dad's side has it on her own because all her sons are abroad and her daughter has cut off from everyone and all my aunts and uncles on my mums side have it with their mum. They are all having their own seperate time together and I have to pick out of 4 who to go with and I hate it; I used to love christmas now it just sucks.

Motsuko Live
November 4th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Christmas!? I love Christmas with a passion! No, not just the presents and things; those I could go without. It's just the 'feeling', if you will. I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes at my right now, but it's the truth! There's nothing like sitting around the fireplace on Christmas Eve with your family, watching snow fall outside your window. Curling up into a snug little blanket beside the Christmas tree. I just find there's no other time of year like it.

And don't even get me started on the TV Christmas specials. I could watch those for hours XD; (My favorite would have to be that stop-animation Rudolph one) They're, undoubtedly, one of my favorites things about Christmas.

ErickaVolt
November 4th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I am looking forward to Christmas and I love Christmas, even though I don't believe on Jesus. For me, it is the part of the year for resting and enjoyment! [Lit the firecrackers! Boom!]

Bear
November 4th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Not really. The presents aren't half of what they used to be. And christmas means a big family dinner, which is always agonisingly awkward. <<

I guess the only good bit about it is the food.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 05:25 AM
I'd like to get through Thanksgiving first before I jump into Christmas...~_~
Lol we don't have thanks giving in Iceland:D, I don't think it's celebrated in Europe:D
I forgot how close Christmas is and then I got this warm, fuzzy feeling. Love the atmosphere of Christmas.
And Iceland is fantastic btw, I'd love to experience an Icelandic Christmas.
Maybe you will someday:D then you could stay until New years day:D you get to blow up your own fire works on new years eve;) "all you want"
I love Christmas! ^_________^ And as much as I "can't wait" for it to get here, I also love the days/weeks leading up. Possibly even more than the actual day, even.

Colder weather, Christmas decorations, just the whole atmosphere is nice. Definitely my favorite holiday. :3

I actually had a weird PC-Christmasy dream a couple of nights ago that I totally forgot about until just now. XD; I was in this large city square type thing, I think it might've been Disney World somehow (I think this is because Aegis recently visited Disney and it was fresh on my mind @_@), and there were multiple stories in a building behind me, and I think one of them was a cafe called "The Mod Lounge" XD; There was garland and tinsel and frosted windows, but that's really all I remember of it.

The only OTHER detail is that I remember walking through the center and having some random salesman guy try to sell me some kind of food. *shrug* That's boring though.

ANYWAY I TOTALLY DERAILED. @_@; Bottom line, I love Christmas time. <3 Best time of the year. :>
I love Christmas and the month before it:D

Extric
November 4th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Umm... no. It's a little to early to be getting excited about Christmas see as it's only the start of November and we haven't gotten past Thanksgiving. It's a little sad that some stores have already brought out their Christmas stuff. I was at Sears a couple of weeks ago and they had taken down their Halloween stuff before the holiday had arrived and were setting up all the Christmas stuff.

Saltare.
November 4th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Course I am! I get my pink iPod and my video camera! And my new Flat Screen TV

4th Gen Matt
November 4th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I always look forward to xmas but this year I have absolutely no clue what to ask for besides Left 4 Dead.

Avey
November 4th, 2008, 08:52 AM
My liking of the festive holiday has deteriorated over the last couple of years. It's turned into something filled with more selfishness than anything else and the whole point of Christmas is to share and to treat everyone with love. I dunno. Maybe I'm becoming too old and serious, but it seems that people have lost the true point of Christmas.

I don't mind getting two and a half weeks off school though.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I always look forward to xmas but this year I have absolutely no clue what to ask for besides Left 4 Dead.
Just make a list of things you need, then a list of things you want, then give your parents the list with the things you want, then in Mars give them the other list:D
My liking of the festive holiday has deteriorated over the last couple of years. It's turned into something filled with more selfishness than anything else and the whole point of Christmas is to share and to treat everyone with love. I dunno. Maybe I'm becoming too old and serious, but it seems that people have lost the true point of Christmas.

I don't mind getting two and a half weeks off school though.
What you don't like Christmas? and only 2 1/2 week?? I get a month.

Graceful
November 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I can not wait!!
Im gonna have a DS!
And I love the snow and the dinner. When the family gets together at my house!!

Nuke
November 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Looking forward to it more than ever.

Hawkfish
November 4th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yep, I always look foward to it. It's the few times a year I get anything. Also I love those cards you get. ^^

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Course I am! I get my pink iPod and my video camera! OMG congratulation:D what type is the Ipod?

Yep, I always look foward to it. It's the few times a year I get anything. Also I love those cards you get. ^^
Awww:D

Sushi.
November 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Yes, I always LOVE Christmas every year! ^^
It's always a fun Holiday to enjoy with every year! But need to get through Thanksgiving Day before Christmas! :D

dumbpikAchu
November 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
duh DUH dur duh dur-dur! I feel sry for the peeps who have a hard time ._. and also, what is that supposed to mean? ^that.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM
duh DUH dur duh dur-dur! I feel sry for the peeps who have a hard time ._. and also, what is that supposed to mean? ^that.
I have absolutely no Idea lol:D I myself feel sorry for those who have a hard time during Christmas.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Whoa now personally i like to get thanksgiving over before i think about christmas

after that i personally don't care about it, if i get something then thats nice but i just dont care as much as i use to.

Darkrai Lv.1000
November 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I am looking forward to Christmas!
It's my favorite holiday, with the lights, egg nog, gifts, Christmas Tree, food, and family time. Shame that it's once a year, and the last month to say even more. Man do I love Christmas. Waking up to it, gathering around the Christmas tree with hot chocolate, spending time with my family as I unwrap my gifts. It's a good feeling.

Oh fiddlesticks, I did it again.
I hope to get a Wii this year. And I hope to buy a gift for myself, like my mom does. I love this holiday.

First I'll have to get through Thanksgiving feasty food time day, and that's my second favorite holiday, but I'll save that for another thread.

:):):)
D1000

Charliezard
November 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I got no Pokemon for my birthday, so I doubt I'll get any for christmas :[
My family view it as incredibly childish and are refusing to buy it, I don't mind, but there's no gifts I want really. BAM! There goes the best part :P Everyone knows giving<recieving on christmas, they just don't admit it :O
This christmas party should be good though...as long as it's at the old family holiday house I'll be looking foward to that part :>

Caina
November 4th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Christmas... I ain't really looking forward to it...
But what I'm looking forward to is the fire work display during Christmas. :)

And cards...wooo...

( I think I sounded as if I'm forward for Christmas... oh well )

Kirakishou
November 5th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I'm looking forward to playing Twisted Sister's Christmas album at full volume all through Christmas and driving everyone in the neighbourhood insane, but other than that, not really. Christmas is usually split up over the course of a week for me, as my relatives drop in at different times, but they're all coming before Christmas Day this year, so I'll get all my presents on that day...which will actually make it quite dull. I have to work on the 27th, as well, and possibly Boxing Day. Meh. Christmas has lost its charm for me as I've gotten older.

the bitter end.
November 5th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Meh, sure free stuff, but that isn't the only reason, just the mood on Christmas is so nice, gives you a warm feeling ^.^

Peanutz
November 5th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Yep.
I always look forward to Christmas. It's Jesus's birthday, after all, and as we all know, we get presents. :D

zsaberslash
November 5th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I can't wait for Christmas because I like seeing all of my family :D

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
November 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Quite.

Who doesn't love getting presents from your parents and a fat man with a white beard wearing a red suit who lives on one coldest places on Earth?

EmeraldSky
November 5th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Very much! But there's more than the presents for me.

jasonresno
November 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I absolutely love Christmas. I love buying gifts for my girlfriend and our families. I love the cheesy Christmas movies, I love the lights, I just love the whole atmosphere. The whole "lead up" to Christmas leaves a warm little thrum in my chest. It's just magical and we're so lucky to have it. This will be my third Christmas with my girlfriend and our last Christmas until we're married :)

Hiraku
November 5th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Yes, I am. But only christians celebrate for the real reason. Like me.

Little Lulu
November 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM
As much as I'm looking forward to it, I don't really feel the need to start celebrating two months in advance. :/

But yeah, it's gonna be good; turkey dinners are probably one of the greatest things life has to offer.

Gumball Watterson
November 5th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Yes, I am. But only christians celebrate for the real reason. Like me.

What about Catholics :*( ?

I half look forward to Christmas this year, I still have to pretend I believe in Santa Clause because my bro is just 9. I also worry on the decor. With the crisis going on, I won't really want to decorate this year.

Lol. What bummer this year.

Catsupper
November 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I dont believe in Santa but im looking foward to Christmas

Salamence!
November 5th, 2008, 09:52 PM
My family is spending Christmas at my older sisters house in Fort St. John (In Canada) and I'm bringing my Xbox 360 and ROCKBAND2! So yes I look forward to it!

Mitchman
November 6th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Yes as it will be freezing and this time it might have snow(wahoo) and cause i can use it as an excuse to get a new cellular phone.(wow i just did not use cellular...)

Angela
November 6th, 2008, 12:29 PM
My family is spending Christmas at my older sisters house in Fort St. John (In Canada) and I'm bringing my Xbox 360 and ROCKBAND2! So yes I look forward to it!
Lol that sounds like fun:D
Yes as it will be freezing and this time it might have snow(wahoo) and cause i can use it as an excuse to get a new cellular phone.(wow i just did not use cellular...)

Your lucky so what kind is it?

Led Zeppelin Pwn
November 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Can't wait till Christmas, hope to get a few Van Halen related things...

Angela
November 17th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Can't wait till Christmas, hope to get a few Van Halen related things...
Any particular reason for that?

Anti
November 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Any particular reason for that?

Well probably because he likes Van Halen =p

And yea, I love not just Christmas, but the whole season of it up until New Years (besides the truckload of shop at Macy's ads, lol). It's great huddling in the house with my family, baking cookies and having them with hot chocolate, and kicking back for a movie.

The present part of it seems to get less significant every year, but maybe it's just because of my loss of interest in video games and the completion of my LEGO collection, the only two kinds of items I ever asked for lol

Teara
November 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I love the atmosphere of Christmas, all the lights and happy people, and holiday pay :DD Once people get over their initial holiday stress they become really giving and friendly so I love working with them even more.

However I dread Christmas day. It'll be the first Christmas without my mother and grandparents, and my (step)dad will be joining his family out of state, so I'll be alone for that day. It shouldn't be that bad though, I'll just sleep in and hang out at home until my room mate gets back from her parents house that night. Maybe I'll even cook myself a little Christmas dinner XD;

Soul Eater
November 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hell yeah, I am. Christmas is my favorite holiday ever!!! :DDD;; I love christmas more than life itself...IT'S SO TRUE. <3 XD

jasonresno
November 17th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I love the atmosphere of Christmas, all the lights and happy people, and holiday pay :DD Once people get over their initial holiday stress they become really giving and friendly so I love working with them even more.

However I dread Christmas day. It'll be the first Christmas without my mother and grandparents, and my (step)dad will be joining his family out of state, so I'll be alone for that day. It shouldn't be that bad though, I'll just sleep in and hang out at home until my room mate gets back from her parents house that night. Maybe I'll even cook myself a little Christmas dinner XD;

Aww that sounds sad. If you don't mind my asking--what happened with your mother and grandparents?

I'd be happy to keep you company on Christmas :).

Loki
November 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I was, until my brother bust my bubble by telling me he wouldn't get me Persona4 because it's rated M for mature. >:|||||||

Anger!

But otherwise, actually I am. I really want my Bai Ren Kan Bu Dong shirt, and my Quincy necklace. I dunno. I don't really know what else I want to get. :|

Teara
November 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Aww that sounds sad. If you don't mind my asking--what happened with your mother and grandparents?

I'd be happy to keep you company on Christmas :).

We had a strange string of deaths in the family recently.

Nifty, I'll probably be on PC on Christmas XD

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
November 17th, 2008, 09:40 PM

I can perfectly understand that. Last Christmas wasn't so good because my brother passed away that year, and he used to visit us in the holidays and we'd have a great time watching TV, hanging out or playing videogames in the mornings. :/

>Feelings<
November 17th, 2008, 09:40 PM
No. I just want this christmas to pass away quickly. This christmas is going to be the worst one for me.

jane18
November 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM
awww christmas i cant wait cause im going to melbourne for two weeks :D the bad thing is ill be missing home but yerr its guna be my first time leaving W.A and getting on a plane :S

But christmas is the best i love it!!

xxxx

Teara
November 17th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I can perfectly understand that. Last Christmas wasn't so good because my brother passed away that year, and he used to visit us in the holidays and we'd have a great time watching TV, hanging out or playing videogames in the mornings. :/

I understand, it's really hard to try to do things the same when someone's missing. Especially when it's something as big and celebrated as Christmas and there are reminders everywhere. Fortunately, people become very warm during the holidays so it's a little easier to find comfort sometimes :)

By the way, I senze a hint in that quote, yez? XD

b7astoise
November 17th, 2008, 10:00 PM
nope, im just gonna play pokemon well..maybe party lol

Angela
November 18th, 2008, 09:44 AM

I love the holiday pay too:D and the atmosphere:D

Hell yeah, I am. Christmas is my favorite holiday ever!!! :DDD;; I love christmas more than life itself...IT'S SO TRUE. <3 XD

OMG I so agree

That's sad to hear, hope you'll feel better by Christmas:D

I remember the Christmas the year my dad past away, it was the worst/best Christmas of my life,,,,

It sucked because the Christams before I had ended up in a hospital on Christmas eve,
so my last Christmas with him was ruined, and the Christmas after he died sucked because he wasn't there,

But those were one of the best Christmas "In a materialistic way", I got so many presents, and from reletives I didn't even know.

jasonresno
November 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Aw, that's really sad.

Well hey. My family has to work on Christmas day (my dad is a police officer and my mom runs the kitchen for the old folks home) so I'll be completely free the 25th. We'll celebrate it PC style :D

Angela
November 18th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Aw, that's really sad.

Well hey. My family has to work on Christmas day (my dad is a police officer and my mom runs the kitchen for the old folks home) so I'll be completely free the 25th. We'll celebrate it PC style :D

Lol I might even drop by:D

Mr. Downstairs
November 18th, 2008, 01:22 PM

I'm in the same boat as you with this. I lost my mother last April and this will be the first Christmas I am spending without her (as I stated in a previous reply that got no reply). I'm really dreading the day as it continues to approach rapidly. That and Thanksgiving are going to very strange without her. I'm glad, however, that last Christmas, we finally did it the way she always wanted to and opened presents after we ate breakfast and got everything settled. Usually my brothers woke up at 4:00 (naturally) and rushed to see what presents we got (along with waking me up). I'm starting to wonder what it will be like this time.

Angela
November 18th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I'm in the same boat as you with this. I lost my mother last April and this will be the first Christmas I am spending without her (as I stated in a previous reply that got no reply). I'm really dreading the day as it continues to approach rapidly. That and Thanksgiving are going to very strange without her. I'm glad, however, that last Christmas, we finally did it the way she always wanted to and opened presents after we ate breakfast and got everything settled. Usually my brothers woke up at 4:00 (naturally) and rushed to see what presents we got (along with waking me up). I'm starting to wonder what it will be like this time.
Aww, you just take it easy and have a wonderful morning with your family, I would suggest you all plan to wake up together to make it be like last Christmas.

diamondpearl876
November 18th, 2008, 06:56 PM
No, I'm not.

Parents are spending WAYY too much money on presents this year, even with the economy the way it is and there is a chance they will lose their jobs. And then we'll be screwed. Yet, they don't care. Seeing the gifts given away so carelessly is going to piss me off. 8(

I also don't like getting presents. I do not like people wasting time and money on me.

Also, when the family is all together, all they really focus on is the little kids who are so greedy. 8( My cousins got a pool table and much much more last year and still complained about how they "didn't get enough."

Teara
November 18th, 2008, 07:55 PM

;; sorry to hear it. At least you'll have some fond memories from last year. It's definitely going to be hard, but I think honoring her way of doing things will help.
You can always join our merry band of lonely people on PC on Christmas Day, as well X3

Aurafire
November 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I guess I'm looking forward to Christmas, although this year we have to go down to my aunt and uncles house in New Jersey....Which is guaranteed to suck. As for the actual holiday, I love it! Seriously, who doesn't like giving and getting gifts? =P

spike6958
November 18th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Christmas has never been exciting for me, because my birthday is on the 10th of December a lot of my family would either screw me over by buying me one present(that was no more expensive than the presents they got anyone else in my family) that they class as a Birthday and Christmas presant, or buy one good presant for my birthday and one boring presant for Christmas saying they allready spent a lot of money on me and that it's not fair on other members of my family.

Dragonair_Blizzard
November 18th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I'm not because I never get a present for Christmas and it is very hot here in Australia and I will be busy helping my parents work.

ktn
November 18th, 2008, 09:17 PM
yes!!! i can't wait ps3 here i come darn but winter is also comming

Charmellow
November 18th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Yes, I asked for a rocket ship with a free monkey.

Fingers crossed. x]

jasonresno
November 18th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I'm actually starting to get pretty bummed out. Both my parents are working on the 25th so we'll have to do it a different day. It just won't feel the same :(

helix
November 19th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I don't know what to give or what I want to get for Christmas, but I'm looking forward to it in more ways than one. It's going to be my largest Christmas ever, but as usual, I'm probably going to spend the day with my family or something. I love the atmosphere of that time of the day and for some reason this year my heart is bubbling with anticipation. =)

Angela
November 19th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I'm actually starting to get pretty bummed out. Both my parents are working on the 25th so we'll have to do it a different day. It just won't feel the same :(

So why don't you wake up early and spend the morning with them;)

Yes, I asked for a rocket ship with a free monkey.

Fingers crossed. x]

Yes that sounds about wright, *Sarcasm*I heard there was a discount sale for monkeys in rocket ships. *Sarcasm*

I too would want a money for a present.;)

I'm not because I never get a present for Christmas and it is very hot here in Australia and I will be busy helping my parents work.
Any reason for not getting any presents?

Master Electrician
November 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Our family is going through some hard times financially right now (and I'm in college and thus, flat broke), so it's going to be a pretty small Christmas. But that really isn't the important thing, it's the family, the friends, the food, the atmosphere that I'm looking forward to. Of course, almost a month off from school and the blasted cold Minnesota winter doesn't hurt at all.

Angela
November 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Our family is going through some hard times financially right now (and I'm in college and thus, flat broke), so it's going to be a pretty small Christmas. But that really isn't the important thing, it's the family, the friends, the food, the atmosphere that I'm looking forward to. Of course, almost a month off from school and the blasted cold Minnesota winter doesn't hurt at all.

Yes I to love the Atmosphere;) it's just so cozy:D

Michii
November 19th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Am I looking forward to Christmas? I don't know, really. I'm still in the mindset that Christmas should be 2384723948 years away, not just a month and a week or so. It's kind of like I'm not in tune with reality with that. But ahhh I need to buy six trillion gifts for friends and family, and I only have a dollar in spare change that I'll probably use to buy lunch for Friday [/broke]. I need to scrap up money for them, since I want their Christmas to be even more enjoyable.

So I guess, but I'm a bit concerned about others' gifts. ://

Conman
November 20th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Honestly, I really couldn't care anymore about coming Christmas. I do look forward to the school break that goes along with it though. For me Christmas is just free gifts...and well there is nothing I really want that I would get XD

----------------
Listening to: Kidz In The Hall - Wheelz Fall Off ('06 Til) (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/kidz+in+the+hall/track/wheelz+fall+off)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

1stGenNut
November 20th, 2008, 02:49 AM
I am looking forward to it, usually am. It's a time when I know things are going to be really awesome, and everyone will be happy for at least one day.

Thing is, it's going to be harder this year. My Nanna passed away on the 31st January 2008. It'll be the first Christmas without her. This time last year, Christmas time anyway, she was in hospital...and now, she won't be here with us.

Man, talking about it now gets me teary eyed...

Charizard EX
November 20th, 2008, 05:48 AM
No, Because I'm a Muslim and we don't celebrate Christmas, I wish we did. The presents, AAh. I also like Halloween as I've seen in Shows and Cartoons. We don't celebrate that also.

Snivi
November 20th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Yes! I hope my Vampire Knight sheets are here by then!!

Angela
November 20th, 2008, 08:19 AM
No, Because I'm a Muslim and we don't celebrate Christmas, I wish we did. The presents, AAh. I also like Halloween as I've seen in Shows and Cartoons. We don't celebrate that also.
But would you like to???

*Grabs her converting CD featuring a uber Christian band*

No I'm just kidding,

So what is like Christmas to you?

I mean is there a Muslim version of Christmas?

1stGenNut
November 20th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I think it's called Eid, where you just give money and gifts to people. A boy who went to my Taekwondo class told me about it.

Candy Christina
November 20th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I guess I sort of am, but I'm not really thinking about it all that much. When I was younger, I couldn't wait for Christmas to come, but now it's just "yay," and that's it. xP

I never know what I want for Christmas until like a couple of weeks before it comes up but this year I decided earlier than usual that I wanted an iPod touch. Hopefully I do end up getting one. I need to think of something to get my family too.

Paint Me Pretty
November 22nd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Yes, I sure am.
It's such a wonderful time :>

The only thing is, I have no idea what I should buy for everyone. XD
I can never make up my mind. :/

Renneh
November 22nd, 2008, 05:05 AM
No, it will be a lonely Christmas ^^ And a sad one. Negative things seem to happen to me at Christmas.

BUT I am looking forward to Christmas food and Christmas music.
I love Christmas music XPP

I even have a song for me...
Lonely this Christmas XP

jasonresno
November 22nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
No, it will be a lonely Christmas ^^ And a sad one. Negative things seem to happen to me at Christmas.

BUT I am looking forward to Christmas food and Christmas music.
I love Christmas music XPP

I even have a song for me...
Lonely this Christmas XP

Why will it be lonely for you?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 22nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Somewhat, I guess. It's a break from the normal hectic routine and I like decorating my room with ridiculous amounts of multicolored lights, but it just doesn't excite me now that I'm old:/

Angela
November 23rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
Yes, I sure am.
It's such a wonderful time :>

The only thing is, I have no idea what I should buy for everyone. XD
I can never make up my mind. :/
I know it's always hard to think of things to buy:D

Ashen
November 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to Christmas this year. Not because of the day itself, but because of winter break. An entire month of no school or schoolwork. I can spend my time on the computer, playing games (I've had an itching to play Devil May Cry recently), and doing other things. It also means next semester will be that much closer. And even though I missed out with my luck and I have another 8am class, it's still going to be ten times better because I learned from my mistakes from this semester. I just want to get away from this current semester because of all of that.

That, and did I mention a whole month off school?

Caelus
November 23rd, 2008, 07:51 PM
I love Christmas! It's that time of year where its cold and I have to rely on staying inside. It's the time of year where you spend time with your family and socialize for once, and its the time of year where you can reminisce the past, present, and future, and it's also the time of your where you get presents from your family and friends, then school starts :(. Sad how I can't find any good reason to enjoy this year's Christmas aside from no school; I guess I don't what to get (Then again, Christmas isn't about just the presents).Thinking about, I might get a good Christmas, I just don't have the Christmas spirit yet.

I feel as if I wrote my life's story; I'm not used to typing posts this long.

Angela
November 24th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to Christmas this year. Not because of the day itself, but because of winter break. An entire month of no school or schoolwork. I can spend my time on the computer, playing games (I've had an itching to play Devil May Cry recently), and doing other things. It also means next semester will be that much closer. And even though I missed out with my luck and I have another 8am class, it's still going to be ten times better because I learned from my mistakes from this semester. I just want to get away from this current semester because of all of that.

That, and did I mention a whole month off school?
I too love not going to school for a month:D this is my last week of school being taught, after this week it's just exams so after the exams I'm on a vacation:D,,

So I guess PC will see a lot more of me when I study for the exams:D
I love Christmas! It's that time of year where its cold and I have to rely on staying inside. It's the time of year where you spend time with your family and socialize for once, and its the time of year where you can reminisce the past, present, and future, and it's also the time of your where you get presents from your family and friends, then school starts :(. Sad how I can't find any good reason to enjoy this year's Christmas aside from no school; I guess I don't what to get (Then again, Christmas isn't about just the presents).Thinking about, I might get a good Christmas, I just don't have the Christmas spirit yet.

I feel as if I wrote my life's story; I'm not used to typing posts this long.

Well you gotta start sooner or later with the long posts;),

I am looking forward to basicly everything about Christmas:D

Darth Chomuk
November 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I am, a little bit. I also can't wait for tomorrow, for I may be getting Wrath of the Lich King. ^^

Angela
November 24th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I am, a little bit. I also can't wait for tomorrow, for I may be getting Wrath of the Lich King. ^^
So what is happening tomorrow?

And do you mean for Christmas?

pink-tiger
November 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Not really,im moving sdo there's basically not gonna be a christmas. *sniffle*
But if im gettting something than maybe.hehehehhee

Azonic
November 24th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'm looking forward to Christmas, mostly. The nice decorations and festive lights are quite enjoyable, and there's a huge buzz about the holidays. Not to mention, snow will be making it's entry where I live around Christmastime, which I'm definitely looking forward to. I love having the two full weeks off of school during Christmas; who doesn't? I actually really enjoy the family time; it's totally different than regular family time. We all get this joyous "feeling" inside of us, excited about this special day. I actually really like the TV Christmas specials. XD;

There's a little twist to this Christmas though. My mom and dad's relationship hasn't been going well, so I'm very afraid that this coming Christmas simply will not be what it used to. It won't be nearly as enjoyable knowing that there is an unsteady relationship in my family, and I really don't want a harsh argument to break up during the holidays.

Darth Chomuk
November 24th, 2008, 06:22 PM
So what is happening tomorrow?

And do you mean for Christmas?

I might be getting the new World of Warcraft expansion tomorrow. And for Christmas, I'm only a little excited. Not as much as I used to have been.

bobbie246
November 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Oh my gosh I am SO EXCITED!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CHRISTMAS......

Amoeba
November 25th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Yes and no.

1) I have to stay over at my parent's house.
2) I have to celebrate Christmas. (do not want)
3) My boyfriend is going abroad and I want to go too, but I'm not invited because it's a family visit.
4) I don't like Christmasy food.
5) I don't like lying to my little brother - or any child - about santa.
6) My parents always fight at Christmas.
7) It'll be so noisy with all the drunks I'll be suprised if I ever sleep. (I like to sleep)

As for the good things:

1) I get my 'supply' at Christmas.
2) Trying really hard here.... hm... *thinks* ... I might get some extra cash.
3) Holiday from college.

Hawkfish
November 25th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Yes since I will probably get a new monitor for my computer and I get a bunch of Christmas cards. :)

TechEnixRay
November 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Of course! To receive my laptop which of what Im paying half for. Im still looking for a good cheap one.

Angela
November 25th, 2008, 09:16 AM
So what kind of a laptop is it?

I would love a new computer for Christmas:D

TechEnixRay
November 25th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I'm choosing between a HP or a SONY VAIO. So many to choose. I don't have much time left. lol

Angela
November 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I'm choosing between a HP or a SONY VAIO. So many to choose. I don't have much time left. lol
yes that is true only like 28/29 days left:D

TechEnixRay
November 26th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Ok, after I bought Soul Calibur IV last night I start saving up............ NOW!

Emii
November 26th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Ooh I'm soooo hapy it's the christmas season!! It's the time of year when I'm ALWAYS in a good mood! ^_^ I love it when they start playing Christmas music on the radio! I'm listening to it now. =D it just makes me so happy! Thanksgiving is when I start getting all sentimental.. and the day after Thanksgiving, me and my friends go to Wal-Mart at like, 5 in the morning just to watch all the people go crazy over stuff. it's fun! and I really look forward to Christmas Eve every year, because we'll always go and drive through the Garden of Lights and the Inflatable Kingdom. (Just some things my town has every year) and yeah... we do alot, but the point is I love the Christmas season more than anything! ^^

Angela
November 26th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Ooh I'm soooo hapy it's the christmas season!! It's the time of year when I'm ALWAYS in a good mood! ^_^ I love it when they start playing Christmas music on the radio! I'm listening to it now. =D it just makes me so happy! Thanksgiving is when I start getting all sentimental.. and the day after Thanksgiving, me and my friends go to Wal-Mart at like, 5 in the morning just to watch all the people go crazy over stuff. it's fun! and I really look forward to Christmas Eve every year, because we'll always go and drive through the Garden of Lights and the Inflatable Kingdom. (Just some things my town has every year) and yeah... we do alot, but the point is I love the Christmas season more than anything! ^^

OMG only 4 days until the first of "Aðventu" I'll find the English word later:D,

I too love the songs on the radio:D

Emii
November 26th, 2008, 05:43 PM
OMG only 4 days until the first of "Aðventu" I'll find the English word later:D,

I too love the songs on the radio:D

Lol yeah! the songs on the radio are the best! ^^ saying that makes me feel like a little kid tho.. but I really do =D

Vernikova
November 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Of course I'm looking foward to Christmas. That's the time of the year when those cheesy but nostalgic songs come on that make you wish that snow would come faster where you live. I also get to drink hot chocolate with marshmallows on my official Christmas schedule. :)

Emii
November 26th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Of course I'm looking foward to Christmas. That's the time of the year when those cheesy but nostalgic songs come on that make you wish that snow would come faster where you live. I also get to drink hot chocolate with marshmallows on my official Christmas schedule. :)

Ohh I forgot all about wanting it to snow! I only remember 1 Christmas with snow.. it snowed on Christmas Eve, and by the end of Christmas day, most of it was melted. =( Then again, I live in Oklahoma.. it hardly ever snows.

Vernikova
November 26th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Ohh I forgot all about wanting it to snow! I only remember 1 Christmas with snow.. it snowed on Christmas Eve, and by the end of Christmas day, most of it was melted. =( Then again, I live in Oklahoma.. it hardly ever snows.

It snows in Oklahoma!

It must be tougher in the south like Miami where I doubt they ever had any kind of snow before. To me it's not Christmas, or winter for that matter, without some snow. Or at least an actual tree. :\

Angela
November 27th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I live in Iceland were it snows every winter, but if it rains just before Christmas and the snow goes away and is away on the 24th, then we call it a red Christmas, and white if there is snow on the 24th.

But anyway it almost always snows before Christmas, and during it.

Razer302
November 27th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I never really look forward to Christmas. It all just seems so false to me. Everyone sits down to each and acts all happy when the truth in my family is some of them can't stand each other. We all know it is put on and I am fed up with having to do all these sit down meals. I would rather spend it alone, can;t see all the falseness if I am on my own.

Angela
November 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I never really look forward to Christmas. It all just seems so false to me. Everyone sits down to each and acts all happy when the truth in my family is some of them can't stand each other. We all know it is put on and I am fed up with having to do all these sit down meals. I would rather spend it alone, can;t see all the falseness if I am on my own.

Okay, I'm sad to hear that your family can't stand each other, in my closest family we all care about each other so there is no falseness in the air.

Mr. Epic
November 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I am not having a good time with school right now to think about it but I really am looking forward to the holidays, damn I cant wait!

Angela
November 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I am not having a good time with school right now to think about it but I really am looking forward to the holidays, damn I cant wait!

Tomorrow is my last day at school:D

Then I take 3 exams, and then I'm on a vacation:D

Mr. Epic
November 27th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Tomorrow is my last day at school:D

Then I take 3 exams, and then I'm on a vacation:D
Is it because I just finished my exams and the Christmas holiday starts in two weeks.
I am so glad they are finished but I am dreading my Organic Chemistry result :C

Angela
November 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Is it because I just finished my exams and the Christmas holiday starts in two weeks.
I am so glad they are finished but I am dreading my Organic Chemistry result :C
Your so lucky to have finished the tests:D

I still have to take mine.

TechEnixRay
November 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
:shocked: NOOO! I cant stand crap like that.

hamir
November 28th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I guess...dunno. I don't really do anything too special. Well meeting up with people is fun I suppose.

4th Gen Matt
November 28th, 2008, 04:28 AM
A simple question, please answer it:D,,(My answer) I'm looking forward to the month of December because then I get a vacation from school "because I'm not in elementary school anymore my vacation begins 2 weeks earlier:D", and I look forward to all the Christmas lights:D,, I know some of you think it's corny, but hey I live in Iceland and it's pretty dark here on the winter, so it's cozy to have things lid up with colors:D:D

Usually I am looking forward to it but I was kind of forced to make a quicky x-mas list and they really have no good video games on the market atm so I am not really looking forward to the games I get.

I am looking forward to seeing my family and having a huge breakfast though.:)

xoBoxxy
November 28th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Im definately looking forward to Christmas.

I just love spending time with my family, opening presents, drinking hot chocolate, and watching the snowflakes fall :3

yvette
November 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Yes, but my family doesn't celebrate it. I want presents too!

Maybe a cellphone, if my parents feel like celebrating all of a sudden. But I doubt it. Ahhh well.

Angela
November 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Yes, but my family doesn't celebrate it. I want presents too!

Maybe a cellphone, if my parents feel like celebrating all of a sudden. But I doubt it. Ahhh well.
Why don't they Celebrate?
I hope you get that cellphone;)

yvette
November 28th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Well, thanks. And they don't celebrate it because they're not Christian (Asians... *rolls eyes*) and my parents think that it's a waste of money. Christmas is a commercial holiday, you know.

Angela
November 28th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Well, thanks. And they don't celebrate it because they're not Christian (Asians... *rolls eyes*) and my parents think that it's a waste of money. Christmas is a commercial holiday, you know.
Okay, can't you just sit down and talk with them, and tell them you want to try to celebrate Christmas, I mean, I assume your parents are buddhist, and I thought buddhist were so open about other religions, so if they are, then maybe there is a small possibility that you can celebrate Christmas.

yvette
November 28th, 2008, 05:50 PM
My parents are Indian, and you know how they are. >.< Refuse to even spend a dime on stuff. My mom thinks that paying one dollar for something is a waste of money. Geez. But I don't care for the most part because they give me money for no reason. Weird.

At least there will be shopping on Boxing Day.

Angela
November 28th, 2008, 05:56 PM
My parents are Indian, and you know how they are. >.< Refuse to even spend a dime on stuff. My mom thinks that paying one dollar for something is a waste of money. Geez. But I don't care for the most part because they give me money for no reason. Weird.

At least there will be shopping on Boxing Day.

But isn't there a holiday in your believe that is similar to Christmas?

yvette
November 28th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I guess Diwali is, but people generally only give money and clothes. :( Boring, really. Either way, I don't want presents that badly, I just thought it would be nice if my parents weren't so xenophobic all the time.

Oppip
November 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Yes, I'm looking forword to christmas, I can't wait!

kidpunk
November 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Yep, but just for the presents.
On the other hand, presents are probably one of the only things that people wait for at christmas.

CombatArmsWarrior
November 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Yes! I am looking forward to christmas becuase it's a time to celebrate Jesus Christ and there's No SCHOOL! Yay!

Angela
November 29th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I guess Diwali is, but people generally only give money and clothes. :( Boring, really. Either way, I don't want presents that badly, I just thought it would be nice if my parents weren't so xenophobic all the time.

Yeah that would be nice;), try asking them, you'll never know unless you try:D

Yes! I am looking forward to christmas becuase it's a time to celebrate Jesus Christ and there's No SCHOOL! Yay!
My Christmas vacation has begun, just need to take 3 exams:D

TechEnixRay
November 29th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Im definately looking forward to Christmas.

I just love spending time with my family, opening presents, drinking hot chocolate, and watching the snowflakes fall :3

Wow, this is pretty much having a perfect Christmas with a family. :D

Very fun.

Angela
December 15th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Wow, this is pretty much having a perfect Christmas with a family. :D

Very fun.
That sounds like a pretty nice Christmas to me too:D, tonight all of the neighbours started decorating the neighbour hood, I was just outside helping;),

So yay only 9 more days to go;)

MikeZzZ808
December 15th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I cannot wait for christmas just becuase i love being with my family.

houston
December 15th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to christmas, to get a lot of new clothes woohoo!...But that's not the only reason...This year, i'm going to celebrate it away from home, in a colder area...so I might get to see some snow for a change, that would be sweet ^^

Angela
December 19th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to christmas, to get a lot of new clothes woohoo!...But that's not the only reason...This year, i'm going to celebrate it away from home, in a colder area...so I might get to see some snow for a change, that would be sweet ^^
So where will you be going?

Le Krome
December 19th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Uh, hell yeah.
Sleeping, gaming, having fun.
All the good stuff.

Heartless33
December 19th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I always look forward to christmas because it only comes once a year and you get gifts and you can sit at home with a nice fire watching christmas specials.

Guillermo
December 19th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Why wouldn't I be looking forward to Christmas? It's something to look forward to. I'll get to spend time with the family, get some new stuff and be able to just relax.

Angela
December 21st, 2008, 05:47 PM
OMG there are only 3 days until Christmas:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le Krome
December 21st, 2008, 06:16 PM
OMG there are only 3 days until Christmas:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And what is your Christmas wish, little girl?

Angela
December 21st, 2008, 06:38 PM
I wish for the Platinum game to come out in January (But that's gonna take a miracle),,,,

So I wish for another Puppy:D,

**A bell rings*, "Teacher says, every time a bell rings a Angel gets it's wings", yes I was watching Christmas Vacation lol*

Le Krome
December 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Haha, lolz, well actually my mom got me Platinum today, but she's gonna give me the thing for X-Mas since it has my 360 on it and she doesn't want me to know about it. But I know for sure I'm getting it since I've been begging for it.

Angela
December 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
So you're gonna get the game not in English?

Le Krome
December 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
So you're gonna get the game not in English?
No, in English.
Preorders ftw

Mariah Carey
December 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM
I'm looking forward to the family get together at Christmas, thats just the best thing ever. And I have the best board game to play also. ;3

Angela
December 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM
No, in English.
Preorders ftw

What, are we talking about the same thing???
The Pokemon Platinum game?

If so then I am so jealous

I'm looking forward to the family get together at Christmas, thats just the best thing ever. And I have the best board game to play also. ;3

What board game is that?:D

Virtual Chatot
December 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I get a docking station for my laptop, a USB keyboard, and a USB Mouse.

I'll also be getting around $200 in spending money~

Le Krome
December 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
What, are we talking about the same thing???
The Pokemon Platinum game?

If so then I am so jealous

What board game is that?:D
Envious of Mence, I like it.

HEHEHEHE >:''D

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
OMG there now are 2 days:D, I'm so excited:D

jasonresno
December 22nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Two days? It's still the 22nd! So no cheating.

I'm kind of sad though. This will be the first year we aren't celebrating Christmas ON Christmas. We are doing it the day after.

Guillermo
December 22nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
It's two for us Australians. It's the 23rd today.

I want my iPod Chromatic. I have no idea what colour I'll be getting. D:

Ultimo Spriter
December 22nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
im not lookin forward to christmas, my grandma died like this time of year so it aint a happy season 4 me. but i am getting a big lego set which costed $280 which make me happy

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Two days? It's still the 22nd! So no cheating.

I'm kind of sad though. This will be the first year we aren't celebrating Christmas ON Christmas. We are doing it the day after.
Lol, we open the gifts the 24th on Iceland so 2 days for me.

What does one do with legos worth hundreds of dollars.

jasonresno
December 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Lol, we open the gifts the 24th on Iceland so 2 days for me.

What does one do with legos worth hundreds of dollars.

Oh cool deal. You guys open on Christmas Eve? I heard people do that but it just doesn't seem like it'd be worth sacrifice waking up early in the morning to find all the presents.

How exactly does your Xmas Eve night go?

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
Dinner at 6, then opening the gifts after we have cleaned up:D, thats probably it:D.

Ripper
December 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM
So what happens on christmas Day then?

Is this like, your family's tradition, or is it an Iceland thing?

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
So what happens on christmas Day then?

Is this like, your family's tradition, or is it an Iceland thing?
It's an Icelandic thing, on Christmas day, we usually go to my grandparents for a Christmas party:D, and I usually watch TV and eat candy on Christmas day;)

Ripper
December 22nd, 2008, 05:00 PM
It's an Icelandic thing, on Christmas day, we usually go to my grandparents for a Christmas party:D, and I usually watch TV and eat candy on Christmas day;)

Candy and TV? The best kind of day :D

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
Lo, that it is:D, sometimes I read the books I get and eat candy:D

Ripper
December 22nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
So Iceland is supposedly covered in grass right? Or so the saying goes.

But in your pics there's snow everywhere :D I wish we had snow down here in the New Zealand.

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
So Iceland is supposedly covered in grass right? Or so the saying goes.

But in your pics there's snow everywhere :D I wish we had snow down here in the New Zealand.
Oh sweety there is grass under the snow, in the summer it's green, and it's white on the winter, there is snow now;).

Ripper
December 22nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
:D I must visit Iceland in the Winter (your Winter that is...)

It's like the best conditions all year round! Are there any other traditions? Like variations of Santa Claus?

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
:D I must visit Iceland in the Winter (your Winter that is...)

It's like the best conditions all year round! Are there any other traditions? Like variations of Santa Claus?
We have 13 santa clauses on Iceland;), they all have a different name, and all put some treads in ones shoe, that one keeps in the window shelf between the 11th and 24th, this days santa gave me a chocolate bar:D

Ripper
December 22nd, 2008, 05:37 PM
So it's like an advent calendar of Santas, my aren't you a greedy bunch :D 13 Santa Claus'!

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
So how is Christmas in New Zealand

Ripper
December 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Hot :D

It's the middle of Summer so you end up spending a lot of your time at the beach...
Otherwise it's your typical, pseudo-American Christmas.

Angela
December 22nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
LOl, so you get to go to the beach during Christmas?

Ripper
December 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, it's what we call a 'Kiwi Christmas' :P

I've always wanted to celebrate Christmas in the snow though, it seems more fitting. Santa gets too hot with his red suit down here hehe.

*MitSuKi*
December 23rd, 2008, 04:08 AM
Gosh...I'm really different this year... During my wee years, i was so excited about Christmas that I can hardly sleep. But now, I'm hardly excited at all. Is it crazy or what? Somebody please tell me!! *sob*

Cid
December 23rd, 2008, 04:15 AM
Yes, especially in terms of the food, gifts and family. I have no idea what I would get this Christmas, though I am looking forward to receiving it.

Shadowfaith
December 23rd, 2008, 04:23 AM
Not at all to be honest with you. This has been the worst year I have ever had and having christmas is just going to bring back the memories and times that I really just don't want to think about. I wish I could just completely skip it and blank this year because I really don't want to remember it. I know what I'm having for christmas and there are going to be two people missing on that day for me that I really am not happy about. If you had asked me this at the start of the year, I would have been bouncing and thinking it would be the best christmas/year ever, but now I'm just completely against it.

Hopefully next year I'll be back to normal again, because I really do love christmas normally.

.safety
December 23rd, 2008, 04:25 AM
Kinda... I only like Christmas for the family and food.

Too old for the santa stuff and presents aren't that important... family and food ^^

raven_emblem
December 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
i hate christmas to many blinding lights

jasonresno
December 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
i hate christmas to many blinding lights

Is that seriously why you hate Christmas?

Working Class Hero
December 23rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
No, I hate Christmas. Everything about it needs to go down in a well filled with gasoline then caught on fire.

Just kidding. Seriously, I could be more excited. I don't want anything this year except a laptop. :o

kissing. raindrops
December 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
I actually don't enjoy Christmas that much.. It has never been a big deal in my family, when I wish it is.. I don't get many presents, either.

True Reign
December 24th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Yes. Christmas is my favorite holiday and not only because of the presents. Just the general family time and food is what makes Christmas, Christmas.