PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite video game console(s)?

TRANSPARANCY
November 4th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Lol i forgot to put in the SEGA... so ill just put it here and any other consoles i forgot...

Master System
Genesis/Mega Drive: 1
Game Gear
Sega 32x
Sega CDNomad
Sega Pico
Saturn
Dreamcast: 1

I'm just curious really, what IS your favorite Video Game Console/Handheld.

For me, the list is not that long.

Atari 2600 (WTH a 16 YO playing games from the late 70's!)
NES
SNES (REAL GOOD)
Nintendo 64
PS/PS2
GameBoy/Colour/Advance
Nintendo DS (Could be better but MEH)

Signomi
November 4th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Wrong forum, this thread would best belong in Other Games.

~Moved

ErickaVolt
November 4th, 2008, 05:19 AM
The handheld ones, Nintendo DS and Gameboy Advance. Most of my favorite games are from those consoles.

Extric
November 4th, 2008, 06:24 AM
I voted for the SNES, DS, PS2, and the PS3.

devilicious
November 4th, 2008, 09:14 AM
GBA, SNES and PS1 hold most of my favourites. The games for those consoles are timeless for me, unlike most last gen games.

Banjora Marxvile
November 4th, 2008, 12:31 PM
My votes are for:
Nintendo DS. One of my favorites as I can't put it down!
GameBoy. Had most of my favorite games in it.
Nintendo 64. Had some of my other favorite games on it.
Nintendo Wii. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. That sums it up!

FairyGarland
November 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I picked:
SNES
GBC
GBA
DS
NGC
N64

Yep...I'm a Nintendo fan although I'm yet to play the Wii.

suicidesal
November 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Mine is the dreamcast which in inexplicably missing o.o

dumbpikAchu
November 4th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I picked all ninty consoles (overall, due to BC, but I really missed GB(C) and GC) And Ps2. Ps and Ps3 sucks. so does Xbox (36o)

Gumball Watterson
November 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Ninety? 0.0'. How many letters do you see in the word "WTHIWWU"?

My fave is just the Wii. Because mom never let me play the XBOX line or the PS3, not even the PSP, and the hell not with any of the classics.

But I am finding it confusing that some people even vote for the Nostagic Games. They are not that good in Century 21, people -_-...

devilicious
November 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
But I am finding it confusing that some people even vote for the Nostagic Games. They are not that good in Century 21, people -_-...

Yes they are. And, in fact, much better than most games that come out nowadays.
Good games are games that can be played now and will be played even more in the future. You could pick up Super Mario World back in 1990 and have blast and pick it up right now and have just as much fun. You can't say that for most recent games because in one year or two, a new, better version of it will be released and you'll just forget about the first one.

And by what I understand from your post, you have never played these classics. You really should, before making a rather stupid statement like that.

Sushi.
November 4th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I have a fat Black PS2, Wii, GBC, GBA SP. Between those four, here's my order.

1st - PS2
2nd - Wii
3rd - GBA SP
4th - GBC

PS2 is a very awesome console since I can do some DRR exercise. : 3

dumbpikAchu
November 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hey, 100 post! and you don't get to play classics? ONLY WII? your mom is weird.

TRANSPARANCY
November 5th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Lol i forgot the SEGA...

My Fault...
-_-"

─AdvancedK9─ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=22147) :My fave is just the Wii. Because mom never let me play the XBOX line or the PS3, not even the PSP, and the hell not with any of the classics.

But I am finding it confusing that some people even vote for the Nostagic Games. They are not that good in Century 21, people -_-...Well AdvancedK9, first of all, how the hell do you think we got the pokemon games eh? That all started with Red, Blue, Green and Yellow! Secondly, I enjoy the old school games, probably because i was brought up with a Atart 2600 in my house, and it provided me with hours of entertainment.

Cherrim
November 5th, 2008, 06:02 AM
My votes?

Gameboy Color
:] My first console ever! I adored this thing and spent so, so much time playing it. Even though, looking back, I only had a handful of games. XD; Pokémon series ftw!

Nintendo 64
Second console and first TV console. We used to rent one from Blockbuster once a month until my parents realized it would be a lot cheaper to just buy us one. XDD Ever since we... end up getting consoles no problem--very little begging (if any!) involved these days but man did we feel the begging paid off back then. Loved this console to pieces and I still like most of the titles we had for it.

Playstation 2
I didn't have an Xbox last gen and... well, I had a Gamecube and adored Melee and Symphonia, but considering I've probably put waaaaay over 1000 hours total into my PS2, it gets the crown. I love it so much that I've got two. XD One for me, one for my brother. He missed it too much when I insisted on taking it away with me for school. (If our PS3 were one of the BC ones, we wouldn't have needed a second and it'd get a lot more playtime. XD) But yeah, with Kingdom Hearts, Tales of the Abyss, Final Fantasy, etc., it's just gotta be my favourite.

Nintendo DS
While the GBA was fun, it just didn't have the same charm as the DS. I just LOVE the DS. Sure, a lot of games seem really gimmicky with the touch screen and whatnot, but overall I just love the feel of most of the games. It has an impressive library and--best of all--it's portable. I've really preferred portable gaming lately and the DS is most definitely why.

Xbox 360
My newest console (oh wait, that'd be the PSP... oh well) surprisingly is one of my favourites. It's strange, I never EVER thought I'd get an Xbox because I thought it was stupid in last gen and barely even paid attention to it before it got Eternal Sonata but now it trumps all consoles but the DS for how much I play them right now. :B It's just got such a great library and I'm really getting into it.

My fave is just the Wii. Because mom never let me play the XBOX line or the PS3, not even the PSP, and the hell not with any of the classics.

The great thing about a lot of older games is that, amazing graphics or not, they stand the test of time. They're fun which is what a lot of game developers have neglected in newer games. Sure, a lot of new games are fun for a bit but they don't have the same replay value.

I don't know how old you are, but assuming you're not old enough to have played these retro games, you wouldn't get the nostalgia factor. But I bet one day you'll look back and be thinking "wow, I wish I could play that one Wii game again. I wonder if my Wii would still work if I dug it out?" ;p

wakachamo
November 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM

This post has offended me in ways I never imagined were possible.

There's a Goddamn reason why they're called "Nostalgic games". >_>

Gumball Watterson
November 5th, 2008, 03:46 PM
People. I've played the classics before. Geez, you don't have to rep me because of a simple damn opinion. If I say I don't get it, why the waffles am I getting ganged up on? :*|

Glitter Stain
November 5th, 2008, 04:17 PM
People. I've played the classics before. Geez, you don't have to rep me because of a simple damn opinion. If I say I don't get it, why the waffles am I getting ganged up on? :*|
I would rep you, too, if I could. Most games that came out before 2003 have far higher replay value than many of the games that have come out since around that time. I have plenty of Wii games, but I rarely touch most of them because of how inferior they are.

As for my vote,
NES
The classics. I play the NES occasionally nowadays, and I really prefer most of those games to the likes of SSBB.

Nintendo 64
Pokemon Snap, the Stadiums, SSB, Wave Race 64. All games that were really fun at the time. I don't play any of them anymore though.

GB/GBC
Only got the Pogeyman games for these systems. Had some fun, still play some of those games.

Wii
Most of the games lack good story modes and online modes, but I like the innovations.

DS
Again, innovative. I sort of like DP, but I mainly bought the DS for ACWW. Pictochat was pretty fun the first few times. They should've made it Wi-Fi.

TRANSPARANCY
November 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
@ AdvancedK9: We aren't ganging up on you at all, but we are just stating our opinions. Though I know it is illegal to download ROMs but why don't you download one (Atari, Commodore64, NES) those type of games, have a go at playing 1 of them, if you don't like it, well then yea you don't like, it will be a different experience for you.

♣Gawain♣
November 6th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I like the PSP, PS3, Wii, DS, GBA. They're fairly good in graphics and play.

ソラ
November 6th, 2008, 04:08 AM
1] Playstation 2(Japanese & English): They had to my favorite since i turned 12. Kingdom Hearts was one of my first. well my Second Ps2 game. I dont get much games, But I do get KH no matter what. Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, DBZ, and more.

2]Nintendo DS: Pokemon well thats what I play, Also Mario Games, Like SM64DS also some FMA games, SOON to be KH358/2 Days. haha

3]Nintendo 64: BEST. Specially SM64, MK64, Banzo and Kazioe(sorry I cant spell), But yes this system was the best to me.

4]Playstation: Final Fantasy VII was my first for this game. Brings ALOT of memories.

5]Game Boy Advance: POKEMON!!!, DBZ!!!. LINK CABLE, WIRELESS ADAPTER. and.......ADVANCE VIDEOS!

Skaterzpenguin
November 6th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Well my fav. #1 system is Sega Genises, but I see its not on the poll, but anyway I pick SNES because I still play mine today and the graphics are cool and krazy! lol

Shining_Pikachu
November 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
i chose DS its just awsome i luv my one :P

S.P

Yoshi Pikachu!
November 11th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Mine are the Wii and the DS lite.

Charizard EX
November 17th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I would go for NDS, PSP, PS2, PS3, XBOX 360, NGC but I only have a GBA SP and a PSP and I enjoy psp too much. The only reason PSP didn't get much votes here is that mostly Pokemon fans come here and there is no Pokemon game in Sony's Consoles.

Cherrim
November 17th, 2008, 04:20 AM
That statement may be an opinion but you stated it as fact. Maybe next time, to avoid offending some people, you should make sure to write exactly what you mean, so toss in an expression like "I think" or "in my opinion", and explain said opinion, and I bet you won't get quite the backlash. D;

Fox♠
November 17th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Everyone who voted for EVERY Nintendo console needs to wise up a little. There's no point voting Cube if you voted Wii, Wii plays Cube Games

My votes were in no order

PS3
PS2 (my PS3 isn;t PS2BC)
PSP
GBA
SNES
and Megadrive if it was there.

frode 152
November 17th, 2008, 10:59 AM
It must be playstation 2 and snes because they have the greatest games.

Caelus
November 18th, 2008, 08:23 PM
1. Wii: I think of it as being very innovative aswell as having some of my favorite games.

2.NDS: It's portable so I can bring it with me wherever I go.
It also has alot of cool features make up for some of it's disadvantages.

3.SNES: The SNES is definately my favorite retro consoles. It has some of the best games ever aswell as excellent graphics for it's time.

Those are pretty much my top 3 favorite consoles.

jasonresno
November 18th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I've just been getting into video games and my 360 was an amazing purchase :D

Ayu
November 18th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Dreamcast is my favorite ^ ^ I can play Evolution I and II on it, Powerstone, Toy Commander, Phantasy star Online and Project Justice hehe~

I also really love the Nintendo DS! It has Pokemon and Disgaea <3

HeidiMoose
November 20th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I grew up on Atari and NES.
And they are and will always remain to be my absolute favorites.
Who cares about Graphics anyway?

However, I would like to throw the Sega Genesis and SNES in there too.
They are classic. :]

I do spend a lot of my time on my N64, however, and I did go through the notorious Guitar Hero stage, which has long since passed.

The Original Playstation is pretty kickass too.

Overall.. anything that's old, I probably like it. :]

Houndoom88
November 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
the best concoles are: Wii, DS, SNES, old X-box and PS2
they are far better than any other