PDA

View Full Version : Election Day

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Ok it's election day for our members west across the Atlantic Ocean:D and they are electing a new leader today *making history*:D, Many people say Obama will win, and I agree, that is my prediction, so who do you think will win, and for our older members, those that are over 18, have you voted today? if not don't you think it's about time to go out and do it?

And are you looking forward to tomorrow?

Will you be attending a election party?

Extric
November 4th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I just got back from the polls about 30mins ago and finished putting my vote in for McCain.

Joey the Cockroach
November 4th, 2008, 06:31 AM
i would go with Obama to win, because i think he can provide a lot more than McCain could. just my opinion really.

True Justice
November 4th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I'm too young to vote. But I've put a lot of effort into ensuring that people in my area cast their ballot for Obama today. I really hope he wins.

Saltare.
November 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Im too young, but we voted at school and McCain won. lol But I can't vote till im 20

Asa
November 4th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Of course still to young to vote,but I want Obama to win he rocks!

4th Gen Matt
November 4th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Im too young, but we voted at school and McCain won. lol But I can't vote till im 20

I can't believe McCain won! In every other poll, Obama won like 80% to 20% of the votes.
Obama has more to offer. He is a bit scary though. Have you seen the people he considers friends? They are all terrorists!
Obama will probably win though. Enough said.

Furanty
November 4th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I'm not American, so I can't vote. I'm also not old enough and live in Germany. But my Grandfether, who is American, voted. I hope Obama will win. He is one of the politicians, who really care about his people. McCain is not bad, but he is old, as his politics are too. And if he dies, Palin will become president, and that would be world's end.

Avey
November 4th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I'm not American and I'm under eighteen, but I'm voting for Obama in spirit.

EmeraldSky
November 4th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I just got home from the polls a few minutes ago--I agree with a few of Obama's ideas, but McCain's more aligned with me belief wise. I still have my doubts on Ms. Palin, though.

Cherrim
November 4th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Can't vote, but I along with the rest of the world outside the US many others am rooting for Obama. Whatever keeps Palin away. :( At any rate, I'll just be glad once this is all over. Not necessarily having an election party, but staying up with online friends and watching the results together tonight~

Alakazam17
November 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I can't vote, as I am Canadian. Instead I am sitting around hoping that the Americans will do the right thing. What I'll be doing is watching Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's coverage tonight starting at 10 PM Eastern.

devilicious
November 4th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I can't vote either, as I'm brazilian,. But meh, I hope that Obama wins so that Nostradamus can be proved wrong.

Emii
November 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I voted today! ^_^ It was a really tough choice for me.. I'm a democrat, but there's something about Obama that scares me. I dunno what though. and there are some things that I don't agree with Obama on. I'm really worried that if he gets elected, somebody would try to assassinate him. That would just be awful. >_< But I'm guessing he'll win, and hopefully he'll do a good job =)

so I voted for McCain.. I dunno what Obama means by "civilian army" and I just don't agree with everything he says. Who would have thought I'd vote republican on my first election? O_O and about Sarah Palin.. she is a bit odd. but I don't think McCain would die in office, like so many people are afraid of. If he had bad health, they wouldn't let him run, right? And he has more experience, too. I wish Clinton was nominated.. I would have voted for her. XD

but like I said before, Obama will most likely win, so I have to trust that he'll do a good job ^_^

Hawkfish
November 4th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Can't vote.. But my mom voted today for McCain. If I could vote I would vote for McCain. Obama is too far out there for me and... a civilian army. *shivers* Just hearing that made me worried. And some of his other ideas. Don't hate the guy personally. I think he wants to help people. But, who doesn't? I just don't think he's best for my country.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Didn't I already make this thread: US Elections 2008: The Results, Voting Experience and Consequences: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158550 Please check the other threads before making a new one. ^_^
This thread is more because today is the actual voting day, this thread will be dead tomorrow:D, your thread is more like the whole thing, mine is about this day;)

Netto Azure
November 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Well thanks for clarifying Today is a Historic day that it deserves it's own thread. ^_^ Were making a mock vote in my High School and it's Obama by a Landslide! :D

Nuke
November 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Way too young and I live in Great Britain (and dont know when our elections will be but want to get rid of Gordon Brown).

Anyway, I want Obama to win, my dad has the feeling that even though he wants Obama to win he'll get shot if he does. Personally I think Mccain is too old and Palin just scares me.

We had a stupid vote in our Science Class, Obama won but it was ridiculous because we had the CEO of the Prit Stick company running in it aswell.

True Reign
November 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'm too young to vote, but I would definitely vote for Barack any day. He seems like the right chose for the States, and hopefully we, Americans, can vote wisely this time and not go into an even deeper debt with China.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Way too young and I live in Great Britain (and dont know when our elections will be but want to get rid of Gordon Brown).

Anyway, I want Obama to win, my dad has the feeling that even though he wants Obama to win he'll get shot if he does. Personally I think Mccain is too old and Palin just scares me.

We had a stupid vote in our Science Class, Obama won but it was ridiculous because we had the CEO of the Prit Stick company running in it aswell.
I know, did you hear about the nazy's that where planning something, personally I wanted Hillary, but Obama will have to do. I hope he gets voted, I just cant agree with Mccain, he's to old.

halowizard
November 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
As I just turned 18, 15 days ago, I registered so I can vote. I voted for Obama.
Three good reasons.

1. I'm not racist.
2. He will FINALLY put an end to this war.
3. Duh, better health care (Now I might be able to finally skateboard again with worrying about getting severely injured :D )

Though I am worried he'll get assassinated. I've been hearing tons of rumors like, "Obama is the advantage of the KKK" and other stupid stuff. I live only a couple of blocks away from a pretty crime infested, racist neighborhood. Still, I do want Obama as president.

TRIFORCE89
November 4th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I'm not even going to attempt to call the election. Every vote counts. Don't count McCain out. We thought there would be a land slide last time with Kerry. Didn't happen.

I like both candidates. I did like McCain a lot more than I did Obama but I've lost a lot of respect for him over this campaign. That he has to pretend to be someone he is not bothers me. Not even going to get into Palin. XD

So, I hope Obama wins. I don't think he has the experience needed, but if McCain wins and then God forbid dies...I'd rather have an inexperienced Obama than an inexperienced Palin. I'd rather have someone who is inexperienced than someone inexperienced and unqualified. And while Hilary's health plan was much better than Obama's, I'd choose Obama over McCain because his plan is a step in the right direction in that regard.

Hate Bush. Like McCain. Like Obama. Used to like McCain more. Want Obama to win.

If McCain does win I hope he fires Palin and then basically says something like "Sorry folks. Thanks for voting for me, but I said what I did in order to win. Now, here's what I'm really like and here's what I'm going to do." But that won't happen. So, routing for Obama.

I like Obama. It'd be historic if he wins. He's a great positive voice. But, I think he's promising way too much. The deficit is gigantic and there is no way he can do everything he is saying. I don't think he'll try to implement everything because that will just make things worse. But he will have to put some things on hold. People will be disappointed in that regard, especially those treating him like a saviour.

I also hope he wins so that the Republican party can get a nice kick in the pants. Aside from deregulation, nothing Bush has done is conservative economics. The party needs to split into two parties - one for fiscal politics and one social politics. Because I lean to the right and this two US elections in a row where I'm backing the Democrats, so that's not a good sign. XD

Nuke
November 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
It might seem like a stupid question but at what time (your timezone) will the winner be announced?

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
As I just turned 18, 15 days ago, I registered so I can vote. I voted for Obama.
Three good reasons.

1. I'm not racist.
3. Duh, better health care (Now I might be able to finally skateboard again with worrying about getting severely injured :D )

Those are three fantastic reasons:D
Though I am worried he'll get assassinated. I've been hearing tons of rumors like, "Obama is the advantage of the KKK" and other stupid stuff. I live only a couple of blocks away from a pretty crime infested, racist neighborhood. Still, I do want Obama as president.

I'm not even going to attempt to call the election. Every vote counts. Don't count McCain out. We thought there would be a land slide last time with Kerry. Didn't happen.

I like both candidates. I did like McCain a lot more than I did Obama but I've lost a lot of respect for him over this campaign. That he has to pretend to be someone he is not bothers me. Not even going to get into Palin. XD

So, I hope Obama wins. I don't think he has the experience needed, but if McCain wins and then God forbid dies...I'd rather have an inexperienced Obama than an inexperienced Palin. I'd rather have someone who is inexperienced than someone inexperienced and unqualified. And while Hilary's health plan was much better than Obama's, I'd choose Obama over McCain because his plan is a step in the right direction in that regard.

Hate Bush. Like McCain. Like Obama. Used to like McCain more. Want Obama to win.

If McCain does win I hope he fires Palin and then basically says something like "Sorry folks. Thanks for voting for me, but I said what I did in order to win. Now, here's what I'm really like and here's what I'm going to do." But that won't happen. So, routing for Obama.

I like Obama. It'd be historic if he wins. He's a great positive voice. But, I think he's promising way too much. The deficit is gigantic and there is no way he can do everything he is saying. People will be disappointed in that regard, especially those treating him like Christ.

You have a point there with Palin, I agree with you, gotta pick the less worse out two bads.
I'm not saying Obama is bad, I think he's okay, I would even route for 110% if Hillary had not offered to be president (I really wanted her to win).

wakachamo
November 4th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Where's the "I'm not American" option?

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Where's the "I'm not American" option?
Sorry hun, if your not American then don't vote;), I did not vote on that pole, but feel free to express you opinion;)

TRIFORCE89
November 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
You have a point there with Palin, I agree with you, gotta pick the less worse out two bads.
I'm not saying Obama is bad, I think he's okay, I would even route for 110% if Hillary had not offered to be president (I really wanted her to win).
I edited my post a couple of time since you replied and quoted :x

At first I wasn't for Hillary. But after Obama got the nomination and seeing what's become of McCain - it really, really, should've been her who secured her party's nomination and won this election.

If somewhere down the line we end up with Hillary VS Palin - I'm going for Hillary.

Ivysaur
November 4th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Here, from Spain, I'm waiting to see the results and, God forbid, not to see the name "Palin" in the winners list. Here, like in everywhere else but the US, as Erica said, you have to spend hours to find somebody who is rooting for McCain, if there even is anybody.

I seriously can't see anything but Bush Sr. when McCain talks, and I don't really want to know what will happen to the world after another four years of Republican government. Specially when McCain thinks that my country, despite being an European member of the NATO, is a dangerous enemy of the US *shudders*.

Also, I guess that the US must be a different world. But here, the amount of people who consider themselves followers of a party but vote the candidate of the other party is smaller than 1%. I'm really worried by the amount of people "Who consider themselves democrats but are voting for McCain... if Hillary had won...". Seriously, after seeing Kerry losing to Bush after leading all the surveys, I can expect anything now.

Furanty
November 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
1. I'm not racist.

To vote Obama, because he is colored, is also racistic...

Hawkfish
November 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Three good reasons.

1. I'm not racist.

I hope your not saying that everyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist. Because I can insure you that I'm not. I didn't even consider his race when I was deciding who'd be better. Also it's racist to vote for somebody for their race. Since your going against somebody because of race. So basically it's no better.

Vernikova
November 4th, 2008, 12:09 PM
By the next election I'll be able to vote. But I want Obama/Biden to win and hopefully we won't see anything like the Bush/Gore election. Of course I still respect McCain and what he has done for the country.

Does anyone know if McCain or Obama won Arizona yet?

Netto Azure
November 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Heh...I supported Hillary Clinton too, very much. I thought Obama was &quot;Inexperienced, and all talk&quot; but I have to settle for his semi-Universal Healthcare plan. XD The way I talk you might think I was one of the stereotypical &quot;youth&quot; vote, but I am not. Obama is just better on the issues than McCain. That's why my classmate says &quot;If Obama chose Hillary as his VP Pic we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.&quot; =P But hey Obama chose the &quot;Hard road&quot; OBAMA/BIDEN 2008 FTW!!!! To UNDERSCORE Obama's Worldwide Favoritism: A Global poll by Readers Digest. ^_^ </b>

http://technoqueen.smugmug.com/photos/406804131_9gogQ-L.jpg
<div align="left">

Mooshykris
November 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I can't vote yet, but I'm still praying for McCain's victory.

~Mooshykris

Counterfeit
November 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
To vote Obama, because he is colored, is also racistic...

I wouldn't say it was rascist, voting for someone so that America can have their first black president is, to me, quite the opposite. :x

You saying the word coloured is actually the rascist thing, but I know you didn't mean anything by it. xD

Here, like in everywhere else but the US, as Erica said, you have to spend hours to find somebody who is rooting for McCain, if there even is anybody.

I know, it's shocking how America has such different views, I myself haven't found anyone at all. o.o'

If I were American, and old enough to vote, I'd have voted Obama.
I guess all I can do here though is wait on the answer. :3

TRIFORCE89
November 4th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Heh...I supported Hillary Clinton too, very much. I thought Obama was &quot;Inexperienced, and all talk&quot; but I have to settle for his semi-Universal Healthcare plan. XD The way I talk you might think I was one of the stereotypical &quot;youth&quot; vote, but I am not. Obama is just better on the issues than McCain. That's why my classmate says &quot;If Obama chose Hillary as his VP Pic we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.&quot; =P But hey Obama chose the &quot;Hard road&quot; OBAMA/BIDEN 2008 FTW!!!! To UNDERSCORE Obama's Worldwide Favoritism: A Global poll by Readers Digest. ^_^ </b>

http://technoqueen.smugmug.com/photos/406804131_9gogQ-L.jpg
<div align="left">
Now, this may be stupid for me to say as...I'm a Canadian, living in Canada, discussing my preferences for America's president, but...

I think anyone, anywhere, can discuss politics of any region and have their opinions but unless they live in said country - they're opinion matters, but it shouldn't have weight. You should vote for whoever you want. Either party. Either candidate. I honestly don't care what some random dude in the Netherlands who doesn't live here thinks, but I appreciate his concern.

I live here in Canada. We're very much influenced by your politics, but I don't think that really gives me any grounds to be qualified to participate in a poll like that above. I don't live there. I don't see the problems (or what works) first hand. I don't experience the issues at hand. I can only go by what I read and that does not make me qualified to "vote" (even if it's not really a vote).

Same reason I hate how the media has been posting this polls for months. Polls are not good. No matter how accurate. There are people who see the polls and go "Oh, this is decided already. I don't need to vote" and then they don't. Every single vote counts. Every single opinion is important. Every party has pros and cons. And even if you don't think your voice will be heard, or if you think you're going against the grain, you should vote.

Only 500-and something people separated Kerry from Bush last time around.

Vote.

Netto Azure
November 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I understand your sentiments TRIFORCE. So all I have to say is VOTE! Make the American and the Worlds voice be HEARD! ^_^ No offense to the McCain campaign. =P

Master Electrician
November 4th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Got back from the polls an hour ago, voted Obama. Probably going to be up all night watching the returns.

Ichikool
November 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I'm not old enough to vote, but if I could... I really dislike Sarah Palin so I would vote for Barack Obama. He's all right... and I agree we do need change. McCain to me is blech, plus there's her. In the words of Will Ferrell on SNL, a vote for McCain is a vote for Bush!

But really... I can't wait till these elections are over. We've heard enough... xD

4th Gen Matt
November 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I am really glad to see that everyone (even those from other countries) are taking an interest in the election.
Funny that all the girls are brining up and saying they would vote for Hilary. It is a bit sexist if you vote for somebody just because you want a woman in office though, isn't it?
But, if I could vote and it was between Hilary and McCain. I would vote for Hilary. Look how well the economy was off when her husband was in office. If she did win, I would have very high expectations for her.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Can someone post first results as soon as they come? since I won't be online for to long and don't know how to get to the results:D

TwilightBlade
November 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Both of my parents voted for McCain today. I r a baby so i liek coodent.

I had a mock election at school and the results from the school newspaper today were kinda appalling. For every grade level, Obama won the majority. Even the teachers voted and Obama dominated the polls. What bothers me is that I know way more Republican party students than Democrat party students.. No, it's not because I hang around people of my party. A person's character and ideas come before political affiliation the same way it comes before gender, race, orientation, etc. Eh, I know plenty of people, but I was still amazed. What the paper didn't bold print is that in reality, Obama had 55% to 65% of the votes..

Ugh, it's so close, it's almost driving me nuts. I think both sides are getting crazy and sneaky. I'm glad it's ending soon since it's been thrown over my head again and again at school and on the news and even here.. :[ Before this election, I never even cared for politics. At first, I thought, "America is doomed no matter who wins" but I'll try to remain positive and support whoever wins tonight.

I'm also annoyed by some people who primarily vote based on a candidate's race, gender, etc.. Look at their policies, ay caramba.

Edit: Angela, a lot of us will be here, so I'm sure someone will post the results.. I'll be watching it.

Counterfeit
November 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I am really glad to see that everyone (even those from other countries) are taking an interest in the election.

This is the first election I've followed, and I expect that goes the same for quite a few people as this is quite a historical event.

Can someone post first results as soon as they come? since I won't be online for to long and don't know how to get to the results:D

Do you have a TV? 0.o

Memory
November 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Obama will win, no doubt.
He'll get the electoral votes by a landslide. I think the popular vote won't be too far off, though.
Yay Obama! :>

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 02:28 PM
This is the first election I've followed, and I expect that goes the same for quite a few people as this is quite a historical event.

Do you have a TV? 0.o
I live in Iceland, there is no election watch on TV:D, If I wanted results I would have to hear them on the news tomorrow,

And I'm about to go to sleep in couple of hours, so I won't be following this thing trough:D, So I would love it if someone would post some election results, like results from each state, and things like that.

Jorah
November 4th, 2008, 02:32 PM
It's quite interesting really, but in Britiain at least, the newspapers and news programmes definiatly show and talk about Obama much more than McCain (who I didn't know the name of until about a month ago). But perhaps it's just the newspapers I'm reading.

Slightly random: Obama's slogan "yes we can" was poked fun of in Britiain because he this slogon is used by a children's TV programme called Bob the Builder XD "Can we fix it?" Yes we can!"

Anyway, it'll be really interesting to see who wins. I actually can't wait to know!

Zet
November 4th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'm not registered to vote in america, so no I have not voted, though if I could I'd vote Obama

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
It's quite interesting really, but in Britiain at least, the newspapers and news programmes definiatly show and talk about Obama much more than McCain (who I didn't know the name of until about a month ago). But perhaps it's just the newspapers I'm reading.

Slightly random: Obama's slogan "yes we can" was poked fun of in Britiain because he this slogon is used by a children's TV programme called Bob the Builder XD "Can we fix it?" Yes we can!"

Anyway, it'll be really interesting to see who wins. I actually can't wait to know!
I would say that "can we fix it" is the slogan of Bob the builder, not "yes we can", I know I think Obama is more popular in Europe.

halowizard
November 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Well, I wasn't saying everyone is racist. I think people should vote for whoever they think should be president. Some people though have EVEN told me, "I'm not voting for Obama. He is an African American. Go McCain!". I tell them they're racist and I walk away, lol.

I was just listing one reason why I am voting for him.
Oh, I also have a fourth reason.

4. I CANNOT STAND THAT PLAIN!

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Well, I wasn't saying everyone is racist. I think people should vote for whoever they think should be president. Some people though have EVEN told me, "I'm not voting for Obama. He is an African American. Go McCain!". I tell them they're racist and I walk away, lol.

We all know that your not trying to be a racist:D, so people please don't play the race card in here;)

Mitchman
November 4th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Well the first exit poll is about to be revealed soon. I cant wait. Im acually for obama as i really cant think of what could happen with a republican president. I mean after bush of course.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Well the first exit poll is about to be revealed soon. I cant wait. Im acually for obama as i really cant think of what could happen with a republican president. I mean after bush of course.

When the first exit poll comes, can someone post it on here?

Mitchman
November 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Well i think its out soon..

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Any one know the exact minute:D, were on a election wake right here on pc:D don't let it die even tho I go to sleep lol:D

Mitchman
November 4th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Uh acually in my time zone 10pm is around 8am so i won be on...

Hawkfish
November 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM

It sounded wrong. I'm sorry I took it wrong.

And btw Kerry was suppose to win by a landslide back in the last election but, it never happened. So don't go crying or celebrating until it's over. Things can change on a dime. This isn't biased. I just don't want people getting all worked up over something like polls and what the tv says.

Can't wait to see who wins.

Angela
November 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Uh acually in my time zone 10pm is around 8am so i won be on...

Lol, Okay so it won't be you:D, anyone will do:D

It sounded wrong. I'm sorry I took it wrong.

And btw Kerry was suppose to win by a landslide back in the last election but, it never happened. So don't go crying or celebrating until it's over. Things can change on a dime. This isn't biased. I just don't want people getting all worked up over something like polls and what the tv says.

Can't wait to see who wins.

I think it's over, unless Obama does something scandalous in the next few hours.

Otter Mii-kun
November 4th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I cast my vote early this morning (shortly after 7AM when the polls opened). There was already a long line of voters. I heard the turnout could be 85% of all registered voters!

Here's how I voted on my ballot (to the best I can remember, not all entries listed):
PRESIDENT/VICE PRES.
Chuck Baldwin/Darrel Castle (T-Pensacola, FL/Germantown, TN)

U.S. SENATOR
Scotty Boman (L-Detroit)

CONGRESSIONAL HOUSE
10th District
Neil Kiernan Stephenson (L-Chesterfield)

STATE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
82nd District
Kevin Daley (R-Arcadia Twp)

STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
Bill Hall (L-Grand Rapids)
Karen Adams (T-Lake Odessa)

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN BOARD
MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY and
WAYNE STATE GOVERNORS
(I voted positions on these tickets, but I don't consider these to be that important to bring up here)

LAPEER COUNTY PROSECUTOR
Byron J. Konschuh (R)

SHERIFF
Ron Kalanquin (R) (unopposed)

COUNTY CLERK
Marlene M. Bruns (R) (unopposed)

TREASURER
Dana M. Miller (R)

REGISTER OF DEEDS
Melissa R. DeVaugh (R) (unopposed)

LAPEER COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION
Larry Van Horn (D)

DRAIN COMMISSIONER
John Cosens (R) (unopposed)

SURVEYOR
Ray Davis (R) (unopposed)

COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONER
District 1
Cheryl A. Clark (D) (unopposed)

MARATHON TOWNSHIP BOARD
SUPERVISOR
Dale A. Fuller (D) (write-in)

TOWNSHIP CLERK
Lisa Worvie-Dykes (R)

TREASURER
Sandi Glesenkamp (D) (unopposed)

TRUSTEES
Jim Chaffer (D)
Laura Ring (R)

MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT JUSTICE
Robert W. Roddis

JUDGE OF COURT OF APPEALS
District 4
Non-Incumbent
Paula Manderfield

40th CIRCUIT COURT
Eric G. Scott

71A DISTRICT COURT
Abstain

Michigan Proposal 1
Abstain

Michigan Proposal 2
No

For more information on some of the ballot entries, see my post discussing them at http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4077817#post4077817
I expect Obama to win in a landslide-maybe by 75% or more in Michigan-especially if Republican voters stay home (knowing that McCain will be wiped badly)*.

*In the Michigan Gubernatorial election of 1990, many Democratic voters stayed home on election day, expecting that then-incumbent Governor James Blanchard would win easily. However, this backfired on them, and Republican challenger John Engler was elected.

eljefe20
November 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM
yeah i think obama is going to win i look forward to tommorow seen obama win

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 04:13 PM
So far in the race for 270 electorial votes its

Obama: 3
McCain: 8

McCain has wond Kentucky so far and Virgina is close

True Reign
November 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Thats so stupid... They should have all states have an equal amount of points or something, not because of the size of the states.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 04:32 PM
It is'n't because of the size of the states its how many members they have in congress

but yeah in a way it IS by how large it is but more by population

As i say that

McCain: 13
Obama: Still 3

NC now being too close to call

TRIFORCE89
November 4th, 2008, 04:45 PM
It is'n't because of the size of the states its how many members they have in congress

but yeah in a way it IS by how large it is but more by population

As i say that

McCain: 13
Obama: Still 3

NC now being too close to call
I'm watching CNN and it says it's 8-3 for McCain

Chibi-chan
November 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Only three states have gone in so far but I'm so nervous @_____@;

So far it's South Carolina, and Kentucky are McCain, New Hampshire is Obama.

Ugh....I'm going to have a heart attack here and it hasn't even fully started.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I'm watching CNN and it says it's 8-3 for McCain
I'm watching Fox thats why i guess eheh

21-3 McCain now jeez...

TwilightBlade
November 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I've been altering between Fox and CNN, and yeah CNN is slow adding the news since they're mostly liberal. ABC has 16 for some odd reason.

21-3 is mightier than I predicted, but there's a lot of states left. Florida is about to close in like 2 minutes. >.<

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Then theres New York, Texas California...oh boy....

As of now

McCain: 39
Obama: 81

latest results from CBS

Lucy Lu
November 4th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Well I voted! I voted for Obama. Just because him and Biden will do a better job. And plus McCain is too old. He might die like in a few years during his term. But I guess that isn't the point. The point I am trying to say is that McCain just sounds like George W. Bush. I don't want another Bush running our country for another eight years. x.x Two Bushs was enough. That is what I am feeling with McCain right now. Palin is alright. I don't mind her. I am sorry guys. I want a change in our government. A BIG CHANGE. And I think Obama will do it.

I live in Texas, so the votes will be coming in shortly from Texas. :3

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Ok i keep getting different results

Fox says 81-39 Obama

ABC has 102-34 Obama

NBC has 103-34 Obama

CBS has 81-39 Obama

CNN 77-34 Obama

BBC America has 103-34 Obama

BET has 78-34 Obama

Ill just saya obamas leading but jeez

Honest
November 4th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I aint old enough, nut if i could, Obama for me!!!! LMAO

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 05:18 PM
If I was old enough to vote, I'd vote for Obama/Biden. Personally, I think he has a better handle on the issues (especially the Iraq war and health care) but also McCain's choice of Sara Palin as his running mate pushed me (and my entire family) 100% is support of O/B. Honestly, you spend the first few weeks of your campaign talking about Obama's inexperience, then you pick someone even MORE inexperienced to be Vice. And on top of that, you're 82 years old! I know he wanted to win the female vote, but c'mon...

O - BAM - A! O - BAM - A! O - BAM - A!

EDIT: Seems the big O won PA, a state he really needed to take away from McCain.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 05:20 PM
^ huh thats what i was thinking

it was "obama doesn't have enough experence to lead this country"

*a few months later*

media: wait he chose WHO? and she's only a governor?

Yamikarasu
November 4th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Wow, I'm so excited right now. I'm watching CNN online right now.

Obama is ahead (Yay!) but it is still early, so I shouldn't get too excited. (Too late.)

Hawkfish
November 4th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I'm not going to get exited over exit polls. Since in my town for example nobody was there to ask you who you voted for. So it didn't count anyone where I lived. Also the last election the exit poles said that Kerry was ahead. It was until December before we knew who won. But, I'll check next afternoon. That will be the closest you get to accuracy when it comes to exit polls.
I'll keep my excitement till' the true counting the votes and stuff. :) But, maybe this year exit polls will be a bit.. more accurate. Not going to hold my breathe.

Chibi-chan
November 4th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Wow, I'm so excited right now. I'm watching CNN online right now.

Obama is ahead (Yay!) but it is still early, so I shouldn't get too excited. (Too late.)

Same here, CNN seems to be the most accurate, FOX is really slow on updating, probably for a reason too :P

In my Florida county, it's 50% 50%. Obama's lead was just by 300 votes.
Every vote counts people!

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Obama:103
McCain:49
Coutsey of BBC

Now 15 states are closing doen as of now

so far 174 Obama

49 McCain

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Judging by the new numbers (174 Obama - 49 McCain), If Obama wins Florida, I'm 110% sure he will win the election.

Chibi-chan
November 4th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Side comment here about the rallies.
Have you noticed how Obama's election rally is outside and full of people who buy tickets at the gate?
And then look at McCain's election rally that's indoors and invite only.

That doesn't seem to speak for the people ~_~;

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
174-69 Obama

and senate is so far balancing to the democratics

Edot: West Virginia goes to McCain

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Side comment here about the rallies.
Have you noticed how Obama's election rally is outside and full of people who buy tickets at the gate?
And then look at McCain's election rally that's indoors and invite only.

That doesn't seem to speak for the people ~_~;

I think conservative republicans have always been invite only sort of people.

Things aren't looking so hot for Obama in Florida. 50+% of the precincts have reported and Obama has dropped to only a 3% lead. He was up by 6% not too long ago.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I gotten reports that it's now 200-85 obama

Otter Mii-kun
November 4th, 2008, 06:34 PM
200/124 Obama ... 9:43PM

Obama is expected to win Michigan, however as of this post McCain is leading by 11,000 votes with 9% of precincts reporting.

Obama is expected to win Ohio and maybe "Florida Florida Florida"* as well.

With 7% reporting, Michigan's Proposal 1, which is about medical marijuana, is getting 60% in favor.
Proposal 2, which is about stem cell research appears to be headed down, by a narrow margin. (I wouldn't be surprised if this proposal ultimately goes down, thanks to the very negative campaign against it.)

In the MI-9th Congressional District, it looks like incumbent Joe Knollenburg (R) is going to get hammered by Democratic challenger Gary Peters, 48% to 45%. (that campaign has also been quite negative, I might add).

In my Congressional District (MI-10th), with 2% reporting, incumbent Candice Miller (R) is leading at 73%.

Senator Carl Levin is expected to win easy.

*In the words of the late Tim Russert, when discussing the 2000 election controversy in Florida.

Catsupper
November 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Man, why would u ask that you know we are YOUNG..

Anti
November 4th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Obama has been projected to win Ohio by CNN. I'm honestly rather surprised; being an Ohioan myself I can tell you that we're one of the more racist states outside of the South, and there are people who live on our block who have openly admitted that they won't vote for Obama because he is black. So with that said, I'm very glad he pulled out Ohio. I'm actually pretty proud of my fellow Ohioans (not to hate on McCain or anything, just sayin' =p)

I've got my CNN map here on the other tab, and it just gave Obama New Mexico and McCain Louisiana. At this point, it's looking nearly impossible that McCain wins.

True Reign
November 4th, 2008, 06:50 PM
According to the Yahoo! Political Dashboard '08, the score is 195 to 70 with Barack Obama in the lead. If Obama gets Florida, I will be 89% that he will win this presidential race to become the first African-American President of the United States of America.

GG Barack. You deserve it.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 06:53 PM
200 - 90 obama so far

just the pacific rim and done

Texas and Utah go to McCain

Montana is Too Close and Nevada is too early

207-129 Obama

Otter Mii-kun
November 4th, 2008, 07:03 PM
McCain expected to win Utah... Obama expected to carry Iowa (just as I expected too-it's where it all started for him in the January caucuses).

For the Michigan Supreme Court, Diane Hathaway is leading 45% to 43%. Roddis is getting 12%, with 11% of precincts reporting.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Missippi has gone to McCain

207 - 135 Obama

icomeanon6
November 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM
As much as I want McCain to win, I don't think he's going to. I'm not old enough to vote (I will be for 2012, though!), and I haven't been as active a supporter of the republicans this time. I don't think I've cared as much about this election because abortion wasn't as big of an issue, and that's the only issue I care a lot about.

When Obama wins (yeah, I said "when"), I'm not going to be pleased about it, but I'm definitely not going to be surprised. Frankly, the republicans have run a pretty dumb campaign, and McCain should have done more to stop the RNC from running those inane ads. Not to mention, Palin really didn't do what she was supposed to, which was attract the independent female vote.

Snivi
November 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I am not registered to vote.

Xaviar
November 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Why do so many people think not voting for McCain is racist...? And Palin has the most executive experience out of all the candidates/VP candidates, so don't you go pulling the "Palin has no experience" card xD

I personally don't know who I want to win. Obama is too liberal for me, and if he has Congress in his favor, things can get messy pretty quick... It's hard to see through all the lies and exaggerations on the McCain Campaign's part sometimes, and I saw a Palin commercial that said "She stopped the Bridge to Nowhere", but she was the one who started it in the first place.

Well, time will tell... If I could vote, and I had to vote now, I would probably vote for McCain, as I am a more conservative person.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM
OBAMA WINS VIRGINIA

Obama: 220
McCain: 138

Rellyms
November 4th, 2008, 07:44 PM
OBAMA WOOOOOHOOOOOO

50 TO GO

I'm only 16 not yet but in the next 4 years yes. XD

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Well, since Califonia, Oregon and Washington make 73, and those most likely going for Obama, I think it's very safe to say Obama will win the election. McCain can have Florida at this point.

Aurafire
November 4th, 2008, 07:51 PM
McCain lost as soon as he lost Ohio and Pennsylvania...He needed to sweep the toss ups, which he failed to do right from the beginning.

Well, can't say I'm surprised. Obama ran a very smart campaign and the American people responded. Let's hope that Obama brings the hope and change that he's been promising. =P

Mooshykris
November 4th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Bleh, just bleh,

That's all I can say at this point

~Mooshykris

Goketsu
November 4th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I'm just glad I voted early lol traffic everywhere has been a pain today because of people going to vote x)
GO OBAMA!

icomeanon6
November 4th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Well, can't say I'm surprised. Obama ran a very smart campaign and the American people responded. Let's hope that Obama brings the hope and change that he's been promising. =P
Obama's had this thing locked up for a long time. He is probably the single greatest politician America has witnessed for decades. Notice that I say politician, in that I think he's a superb public speaker. I do not trust that he will be a good decision maker or leader.

God bless Barack Obama during these next four years. I sincerely hope that he will be a better president than I think he will be. I'm hoping, because my sense of reason does not see him as a good president.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Pacific Rim polls are just about closed

and now we wait for the inevitable

all obama needs is Cali at this point or a combonation of states

As i say that

Obama has 297 to McCains 145

*cue "we are the champions"*

Otter Mii-kun
November 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Obama is leading in Florida, 51% to 49% with 84% precincts reporting.
Obama will also likely get Colorado, but it looks like McCain will win Arizona.

Speaking of Arizona, on a media-related message board, the Michigan (Great Lakes) Atrium, "Jack Wolfman" from Arizona posted in a thread about ballot proposals in his state. There are 7 such statewide proposals in Arizona Here's one that caught my eye I found particularly interesting:
Prop 300:
A five-member, bi-partisan Commission comprised of citizens was appointed by the Governor, the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House and the Arizona Chief Justice. They unanimously agreed to recommend via Proposition 300 that the salaries of legislators should be raised from $24,000 to $30,000 per year.
His vote, he posted was "oh HELL NO!" I would've voted the same way. (although Jack Wolfman is quite liberal). I don't see why state legislators (and Congressmen) should keep getting pay raises every so often when they often go against the will of the people and have poor track records.

~Teh Panda~
November 4th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I am proud to be the first to report that obama is now the official projected President!

"WE need Change"

Info snipped from MSNBC

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM
HE WON!

OBAMA! OBAMA!

I suddenly find myself extremely proud to be African American.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Now they're giving the presidency to Obama. The western states put him over the top.

Chibi-chan
November 4th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY WITH FLORIDA IN MY LIFE.

Wow. I just saw history in the making.

BeachBoy
November 4th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Thank you Florida, love ya. <3

I'm glad he won. GO OBAMA! :D

Aurafire
November 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Obama has just been projected the official winner....We officially have the U.S's first black president. Historic to say the least. =P

Amachi
November 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'm gonna miss George W. Bush. He was a good guy, there were some fun times.

Emii
November 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I'm gonna miss George W. Bush. He was a good guy, there were some fun times.

Yeah, me too a little.. I feel bad for the guy, even if he wasn't the best. XD he just wanted to finish the Iraq war that his dad couldn't finish. I think..

Isn't McCain gonna still be in the Senate or something? I hope so..

and Obama won.. yeah.. he'd better be as good as everyone says.. I hope he'll be a good president :)

God
November 4th, 2008, 08:13 PM
'Grats to Obama, was tired of Bush anyway.

This WILL be historic, along with a facepalm to rascism.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Obama breaking 300 points now

wait why am i keeping results its pretty much over

Charliezard
November 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM
This was more popular then our own election O.o
Well good job to Obama...Gonna be a long time before we get an Indiginous Prime Minister...(I think)

Samurai X
November 4th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I'm loving McCain's speech right now.

Congratulations to Barack Obama. I hope we see some change.

Rellyms
November 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
GO NEW YORK I'm glad we pick him 'cause Sarah Palin is scary and McCain is like 100

Phixum
November 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm loving McCain's speech right now.

Congratulations to Barack Obama. I hope we see some change.

What worries me is that only his words might change. xD

God
November 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM
GO NEW YORK I'm glad we pick him 'cause Sarah Palin is scary and McCain is like 100
You better hope her wardrobe doesn't hear you.

Rellyms
November 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
HE WON!

OBAMA! OBAMA!

I suddenly find myself extremely proud to be African American.

Me too, even though I have way more pride than needed

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Barack Obama

I feel more proud being a Patriot

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Is it just me, or did the people in the crowd McCain's crowd look scared to death when Obama was decided as the winner.

Amachi
November 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah, me too a little.. I feel bad for the guy, even if he wasn't the best. XD he just wanted to finish the Iraq war that his dad couldn't finish. I think..

Isn't McCain gonna still be in the Senate or something? I hope so..

and Obama won.. yeah.. he'd better be as good as everyone says.. I hope he'll be a good president :)
I think he did a lot of good things for America, he is a great man with many notable achievements.
'Grats to Obama, was tired of Bush anyway.

This WILL be historic, along with a facepalm to rascism.
I reckon it won't be too long before Obama gets shot. I'm not being racist, but no one can say it won't happen.

Emii
November 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
McCain sounded so sad.. Obama is about to give a speech, I think. I hope he doesn't try to promise what he can't accomplish

Mario The World Champion
November 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I, for one will be happy to have a Democrat in the White House. I would have moved to Canada if McCain got elected and had to go through 4 more years with a Republican in the White House.

So, I'm glad Barack Obama won.

But my main issue is the economy. Both McCain and Obama say they are going to help bring the economy back. My question is... HOW?!! They didn't say nothing. All they did is talk, talk, talk.

So, I hope Obama will actually do something to help out the economy.

Rellyms
November 4th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I reckon it won't be too long before Obama gets shot. I'm not being racist, but no one can say it won't happen.

I feared that aswell. Not saying it's the same,but MLK was a great leader look at what happened after he got shot. (Not the slavery and freedom part) The riots and outraged Americans.

Yeah before we go into another Great Depression and the US dollar be worth less than every currency.

God
November 4th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I had a thought about this too, Martin Luther King all over again?

Amachi, be negative in a week or so, let him have his day. :]

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
now the next biggest test

national security better be prepared around inauguration day

Lash
November 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I was all 'what HELL YEAH' when I heard this, 100% for Obama :D

Though, McCain's speech/conceding whatever has never made me feel more proud to be an American.

Other than that, it's a good thing he won, the US srsly needs change.

That's why some kid in my 3rd hour wanted Obama to win, just to see him get shot D: messed or what?

True Reign
November 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Good job, Barack. You've earned it.

McCain's speech was so sad. I hope he is still going to be in the senate though.

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM

Let's look at the bright side: If he does die, Biden will be president and not Palin. As long as you can keep Palin away from the white house, I'm happy.

Akio123
November 4th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Agreed, thank goodness Obama won. I am so happy right now.

Emii
November 4th, 2008, 08:43 PM
jeez, they announced that before the popular vote was tallied and before Alaska and Hawaii were even done.. in a hurry much? XD

Originally Posted by Amachi

Yeah, I was thinking that too. racism has gone down ALOT, but there are still those certain people who can't get over stuff.. ><;

anyways, I'm off to live in Canada in about 2 years when I'm done with college, so I won't really have to worry much about presidential stuff ^_^

Zet
November 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
But my main issue is the economy. Both McCain and Obama say they are going to help bring the economy back. My question is... HOW?!! They didn't say nothing. All they did is talk, talk, talk.

McCain can't bring the economy back if he wanted to continue the war and Obama could can help the economy if he spends as much money as he did with advertising to help xD

God
November 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
anyways, I'm off to live in Canada in about 2 years when I'm done with college, so I won't really have to worry much about presidential stuff ^_^
Obama isn't even officialy the president, and he's already been owned.

Rellyms
November 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Wait a second someone change the thread name we're way off topic now.

America needed a change now it's come.Think positive everyone.

Low Gas prices
No War
Better Economy

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I also just realized we're horribly off-topic. Me and the family are having a small celebration over the election even though it's pretty late. It feels like New Years over here.

Amachi
November 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Let's look at the bright side: If he does die, Biden will be president and not Palin. As long as you can keep Palin away from the white house, I'm happy.
I like how you can see the bright side of someone being killed, haha.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. racism has gone down ALOT, but there are still those certain people who can't get over stuff.. ><;

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/canada.png

:P

Klippy
November 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Just a question, since I haven't heard anything on it.

Does anyone know if Proposition 8 (a California-only proposition to make gay marriage legal or illegal) passed?

Cherrim
November 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM
It's probably going to be a while until all the votes from California have been fully counted. Regardless, I haven't heard anything about it yet either. :|

ALSO I thought McCain's speech was wonderful. Shame on the people he had to shush for booing though; how disrespectful to both Obama AND McCain.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Just a question, since I haven't heard anything on it.

Does anyone know if Proposition 8 (a California-only proposition to make gay marriage legal or illegal) passed?

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/individual/#CAI01

Prop 4 is 50-50

Emii
November 4th, 2008, 09:07 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/canada.png

:P

OMG thank you! you made me laugh. XD

anyway, back on topic.. why doesn't this country decide the president by popular vote? Obama would have won anyway, but still.. why don't we? =\

Klippy
November 4th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I'm just curious, as my homosexual friend has been posting depressing things on his Myspace and they're ambiguous also, so I don't really know what he's sad about and I don't feel like asking him. XD;

I wasn't for Obama at all in this election and I am quite sad that McCain lost, but I'm gunna go ahead and just hope that Obama will perform as well as the majority of the country thinks so. I don't wish ill on the country or want him dead, so all I can do is hope he does well and lives up to the standards of every one that voted for him. :D

EDIT: That's what I wonder. Popular vote is so much better. Not many people understand the electoral college/votes and it's actually a horrible system.

Emii
November 4th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I wasn't for Obama at all in this election and I am quite sad that McCain lost, but I'm gunna go ahead and just hope that Obama will perform as well as the majority of the country thinks so. I don't wish ill on the country or want him dead, so all I can do is hope he does well and lives up to the standards of every one that voted for him. :D

EDIT: That's what I wonder. Popular vote is so much better. Not many people understand the electoral college/votes and it's actually a horrible system.

Yeah, popular vote makes so much more since IMO, and represents what most people chose alot better.. and I wasn't really for Obama 100% either, but I just hope he doesn't get shot. that would be horrible.. and I hope he lives up to his expectations as a good man and president ^_^

Klippy
November 4th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Electoral college is cheap and ridiculous. Basically, you've got a representative for your county/district or something and that person can either:

-vote with the people of his district
-vote against the wishes of the people
-or give a completely stupid vote with no relevance to the election

It's stupid, but that's how it works. If there's 10 electoral votes, 4 votes for McCain and 4 for Obama and an electorate doesn't agree with his district's opinion, he can vote for "Ronald McDonald", while the other one, whose district voted for Obama, votes for McCain, then McCain will get that state and all of the electoral votes.

And then there's Maine and Nebraska which don't use the winner-take-all system and basically, if Obama wins the state, he gets two votes and McCain gets the other one (Maine). I think Nebraska does it 3/2, but I'm not sure.

Samurai X
November 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I'm just curious, as my homosexual friend has been posting depressing things on his Myspace and they're ambiguous also, so I don't really know what he's sad about and I don't feel like asking him. XD;

Proposition 8 is so far being passed in California by a measure of 54-46. Though the lead has been slowly declining and the counties that are left have a lot of homosexual supporters.

Rellyms
November 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM
OMG thank you! you made me laugh. XD

anyway, back on topic.. why doesn't this country decide the president by popular vote? Obama would have won anyway, but still.. why don't we? =\

Congress/Senate think the American people are to dumb to decide who should lead their country.

Why does California have more reps than Texas ?

Samurai X
November 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Congress/Senate think the American people are to dumb to decide who should lead their country.

California has more reps than Texas because there are more people in California, by about 13 million actually. That's how it generally works, the more populous the state the more electoral college votes and reps in the House.

Klippy
November 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM

California has more representatives because it has more people.

California has 36,553,215, as of the 2007 estimate, Texas has 23,904,380.

So, that extra million or so people gets California the extra votes/reps.

Gummy
November 4th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Well, I thought Obama's speech was great. I really like how he weaved that story of the 106 year old African-American woman in his speech. McCain's was great too, but would have been better if it wasn't for the unwelcome "boos".

Klippy
November 4th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Well, it looks like Proposition 8 is going to be heading to Yes.

There are only two counties left in a popular vote of 1,958,398/1,681,860, with Yes in favor.

And the last two counties that need to be tallied, even if they have all their populations voting No on 8 can't add up to 300,000 votes.

Ripper
November 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Obama's such a great speaker, I mean, sure someone else probably wrote his speech for him, but he performed it amazingly well.

speedinglight
November 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
well thats life sometimes....

supertails
November 4th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I voted yes even though I voted for Obama on the 31st. I hope Obama will make me proud to be an American. I was talking to a classmate if he voted and he said no and explained that it cost $800 to be a ciziten with is to my opinion way too much but hopefully Obama will be that $800 seem like nothing. I was born and rised in the USA but I hope Obama will make me proud of that.

Lucy Lu
November 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM
It's probably going to be a while until all the votes from California have been fully counted. Regardless, I haven't heard anything about it yet either. :|

ALSO I thought McCain's speech was wonderful. Shame on the people he had to shush for booing though; how disrespectful to both Obama AND McCain.

What there were people booing at both at them? What is wrong with them? That is wrong. Yeah their speeches are wonderful. ^^

But I am celebrating right now. Yay, Obama won! I wish he won Texas though. XD McCain ended up getting Texas. But Obama got the other states. And I am happy. Now let see what he can do. =D

Even though I am a Republican, something needed to be done! I couldn't take it anymore. Obama will make everything right again. I know he will. I want CHANGE now!

supertails
November 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I'm happy Obama won too.

TRIFORCE89
November 5th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Congratulations Obama.

You have the opportunity to do great things. It's going to hard though. This is a bit like putting Humpty Dumpty back to together. XD

No politician can keep all their promises. The economic situation and the bureaucracy disallows it. And the day you sign in some guy is going to pull you aside and go, "Look. Here's all we're really able to do."

So, I'm not going to be surprised. But you're going to have a lot of ecstatic supporters confused as to why you can't change world. It's going to be hard. Just be really selective and careful with what gets done first, what's important, and what's possible. Choose carefully. Prioritize.

Make changes and shake things up. God bless America.

Mitchman
November 5th, 2008, 05:07 AM
YAY! Obama won. Nice metaphor. He really does have a bit of work to do. What am i saying. He has a lot of work to do. First thing he should do is get the army out of iraq

Eternal Nightmare
November 5th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I glad he won, at first I was a little scared. I bet Sarah Palin cried.

Yeah, he has ALOT of work to do, I hope he wont Bush it up for us XD.

ErickaVolt
November 5th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Since I'm not American and I live in other country, I'm voting for not registered. But still HEP HEP HOORAY FOR OBAMA! Most of my friends support him. I knew he would won as the first African-American President.

Angela
November 5th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Yay Obama won, my prediction was right I'm psychic:D

MegaFuz
November 5th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Congratulations Obama.

You have the opportunity to do great things. It's going to hard though. This is a bit like putting Humpty Dumpty back to together. XD

No politician can keep all their promises. The economic situation and the bureaucracy disallows it. And the day you sign in some guy is going to pull you aside and go, "Look. Here's all we're really able to do."

So, I'm not going to be surprised. But you're going to have a lot of ecstatic supporters confused as to why you can't change world. It's going to be hard. Just be really selective and careful with what gets done first, what's important, and what's possible. Choose carefully. Prioritize.

Make changes and shake things up. God bless America.

Something tells me Barack isn't going to see your little message. >_> Just saying...

But yeah, I'm pretty stoked that Obama ended up winning. Having McCain in there would've been no better than having Bush in there for a third term. x_o

Fox♠
November 5th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I can't believe McCain won! In every other poll, Obama won like 80% to 20% of the votes.
Obama has more to offer. He is a bit scary though. Have you seen the people he considers friends? They are all terrorists!
Obama will probably win though. Enough said.

Actually nearly every poll put it at about 48.5% to 43% to Obama.
I know a lot of people who voted Obama in for solely being 'black' (although technically he;s mixed race)

Congratulations Obama.
No politician can keep all their promises.

Obama already managed to go back on a good few before he even won. Good luck USA LOL

Angela
November 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Yes http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar2-r.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/clear.gif 15 20.55% No http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar3-r.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/clear.gif 3 4.11% I'm not old enough http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar4-l.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar4.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar4-r.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/clear.gif 40 54.79% I'm not registered http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar5-l.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar5.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/polls/bar5-r.gifhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/clear.gif 15 20.55%
For the European, Asian, African, Australian members that did not get to vote:D here are the results from the poll above:D

TRIFORCE89
November 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Something tells me Barack isn't going to see your little message. >_> Just saying...

But yeah, I'm pretty stoked that Obama ended up winning. Having McCain in there would've been no better than having Bush in there for a third term. x_o
That wasn't supposed to be directly at him. XD He has far better thing to do than check out a Pokemon forum. Poor choice of words on my part I suppose.

Obama already managed to go back on a good few before he even won. Good luck USA LOL
Oh which I see nothing with. As long as they weren't focal parts of his platform. And what I said was directed at both candidates. It was not out of spite or anything for Obama. Had McCain won, he would have to raise taxes in order to get anything done.

I am thrilled that Obama won.

Angela
November 5th, 2008, 11:26 AM
That wasn't supposed to be directly at him. XD He has far better thing to do than check out a Pokemon forum. Poor choice of words on my part I suppose.

Oh which I see nothing with. As long as they weren't focal parts of his platform. And what I said was directed at both candidates. It was not out of spite or anything for Obama. Had McCain won, he would have to raise taxes in order to get anything done.

Like what ROFL, so I you Americans are happy with your president:D

jasonresno
November 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
This was the first election I've voted in and I voted Obama. He's just the man for the job and there is an aura around him you can't deny. His speech last night was incredible.

Fox♠
November 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM

Of course every politician lies. It wouldn't be politics if they were honest. All I'm saying is that people paint a picture of Obama being a hero, untouchable by the media and an all round nice guy. Yet people make out McCain to be some sort of scoundrel.

jasonresno
November 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I've NEVER seen Mccain portrayed as a scoundrel and I've NEVER seen Obama portrayed as untouchable.

TRIFORCE89
November 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Of course every politician lies. It wouldn't be politics if they were honest. All I'm saying is that people paint a picture of Obama being a hero, untouchable by the media and an all round nice guy. Yet people make out McCain to be some sort of scoundrel.
I don't know about untouchable, but yeah the media favoured Obama. I don't think they had a problem with McCain (save for FOX at the beginning of all of this) so much as they did Palin.

Both are decent, honourable, and bright people.

This was the first election I've voted in and I voted Obama. He's just the man for the job and there is an aura around him you can't deny. His speech last night was incredible.
He's given far better speeches in terms of entertainment value or personality that he portrayed. So, in that aspect I like McCain's speech. Disliked his crowed, but liked his speech. XD However...

Obama seemed...different. Biden was all smiles and then you look at Obama and he seemed very sombre. I think there's two things at play. First, he lost his grandmother (who had raised him) only the day before and second...he's smart. And he has my respect for that. For all the people who, figuratively speaking, are dancing in the streets at the downfall of Bush and expecting change to come over night - Obama could've easily jumped on board that boat and have a party. It could've easily been like the convention. What Obama conveyed in his speech is that he understands the magnitude of what the people of America have appointed to do. The difficulty involved. The importance in doing so.

It was a great speech. Not his best. But certainly far different from what you would expect for having just been elected President.

Angela
November 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I don't know about untouchable, but yeah the media favoured Obama. I don't think they had a problem with McCain (save for FOX at the beginning of all of this) so much as they did Palin.

Both are decent, honourable, and bright people.

He's given far better speeches in terms of entertainment value or personality that he portrayed. So, in that aspect I like McCain's speech. Disliked his crowed, but liked his speech. XD However...

Obama seemed...different. Biden was all smiles and then you look at Obama and he seemed very sombre. I think there's two things at play. First, he lost his grandmother (who had raised him) only the day before and second...he's smart. And he has my respect for that. For all the people who, figuratively speaking, are dancing in the streets at the downfall of Bush and expecting change to come over night - Obama could've easily jumped on board that boat and have a party. It could've easily been like the convention. What Obama conveyed in his speech is that he understands the magnitude of what the people of America have appointed to do. The difficulty involved. The importance in doing so.

It was a great speech. Not his best. But certainly far different from what you would expect for having just been elected President.
They talk about him like that because they wanted him to win;), + if a news station doesn't give the public what they want there ratings will go down;)

Noah Ridgewood
November 6th, 2008, 11:44 AM
They talk about him like that because they wanted him to win;), + if a news station doesn't give the public what they want there ratings will go down;)

I wouldn't be so sure of that. News stations give out bad news, though it's their job to do so, to the public everyday and that's certainly not what I want and I can say the same for many others.

Ageless Irony
November 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I'm a resident of chicago, and I was there for the speech, and I can't even explain the incredible feeling of magic in the air.
From where I was(Decently close to the stage) you could see it in his eyes that he was very emotional, but as Obma always does, he kept his cool.
That's the kind of guy he is...I like it.

But yeah...Being there made it so much different...It's like, I feel like I felt something more than I would feel if I had watched it on TV...

Angela
November 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'm a resident of chicago, and I was there for the speech, and I can't even explain the incredible feeling of magic in the air.
From where I was(Decently close to the stage) you could see it in his eyes that he was very emotional, but as Obma always does, he kept his cool.
That's the kind of guy he is...I like it.

But yeah...Being there made it so much different...It's like, I feel like I felt something more than I would feel if I had watched it on TV...
OMG you were there:D I am so jealous of you:D

Ageless Irony
November 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
OMG you were there:D I am so jealous of you:D

There was like 250,000 people there...

It was pretty dang epic.
Like...it's indescribable. A whole bunch of people were crying.

Angela
November 6th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Really?, your so lucky:D, so did you go to a party after it?

Yamikarasu
November 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
That is so cool that you got to be there. You'll definitely remember that your entire life.

I. AM. JEALOUS.

Angela
November 7th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I think everybody *that wasn't there* is jealous:D

Lucy Lu
November 7th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah I saw his speech on tv. And everyone was so emotional, but I know deep down everyone was relieved. Finally we got someone who will get the job done. I know it will take time and he won't get to do most of the stuff he promised, but it is so much better than nothing! =D Obama, Obama! YAY!