PDA

View Full Version : Platina or Dawn?

pong08
November 4th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Ok, so I wasn't sure to put this exactly where in the forums because obviously Dawn has nothing to do with pokemon manga and Platina has nothing to do with the anime and neither of them can fit into the pokemon general forum. But I just decided to put this poll here because I thought it was the closest out of all of them.

I'd say Platina. Both are really cute, but Platina's eyes are beautiful and she's probably got more spunk if you know what I mean.....

Wallace Berlitz
November 4th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I pick Platina...
"She's so fine, I don't recongnize. She's so good yeah~"
Just some descriptions for Platina, took from A Night To Remember...
Do this for make this comment more longer

Emii
November 4th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I like Dawn better. Although I'm not really familiar with Platina, I looked her up, and she has a personality that clashes with mine. Although she does have petty eys.. XD but I like Dawn better because she's cheerful and stuff.^_^ So I say Dawn!

Wallace Berlitz
November 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Platina is the best one D: She's consider a Princess XD
But, Dawn also a nice girl. She's adorable and cheerful...

FairyGarland
November 4th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Due to bad voice actors I've sort of quit with the Pokemon anime...so I'll pick Platina...plus she seems like a 'lady'.

Melodyfree
November 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Platina is more like a real lady. Her eyes are pretty, and she has this composed yet hilariously haughty thing about her that makes me like her lots.
Dawn to me is just a whiny little newb with a valley girl voice who will bring lulz into my day if she loses the Grand Festival. :x

Vernikova
November 4th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I choose Dawn. The character is appealing to me and has a voice that fits a 10-year old girl on, IMHO, the best saga of Pokémon to date.

Also, no it isn't because I'm pro-animé and anti-PokeSpecial to become an animé. :P

RubyJB88
November 4th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I really liked Dawn in the first couple of episodes of D/P (which is obvious by looking at my avatar). But lately it has sublimed. So I would've liked to choose Dawn, but that would be unfair because I haven't read up on D/P manga yet, specifically Lady Berlitz.

bubblewrap
November 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I can't really choose, since I don't know anything about Platina whatsoever, and I don't really like Dawn much.
But I say I'd like Platina, because of her pretty eyes. xD
But I may prove myself wrong when I read Pokespecial DP.

Mileyangel
November 4th, 2008, 06:18 PM
You know, Platina really does have beautiful eyes...that was the first thing I noticed.

Plus, she seems so regal. So elegant. I like Dawn okay, but the "aspiring pokemon trainer/coordinater(did I spell that right?)" gets a little stale. Most of the Pokespecial characters are different, or become different as time goes on. Platina isn't my favorite Pokespecial character(in fact, she's kinda hovering in 4th and 5th place...) but I like her. I admire elegance in this day and age. So my vote goes to Platina^_^

The Hero Without a Name
November 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Platina's hotter than Dawn <3333

daydreambeliever
November 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Dawn and Platina both has great qualities and I like them both.

To truth, I have watched DP alot and have got to know Dawn's character and she happens to be in 2 of my favourite ships but I haven't read Pokemon Special DP, yet I have read about it on alot of websites.

Dawn is an upbeat girl who is learning the strings about caring for Pokemon. Platina is girl who has grown up in a family of highly respected people and she is a 'lady' more to say.

I really can't pick, but if I had to, Dawn has my vote! If DP goes on more much longer, I think we will (or should see) a character development of Dawn and I think she will 'grow up' as her journey continues.

Idiot!
November 5th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Why are we comparing two girls that basically dress and look (almost) the same?

Neither. Platina is too "lady". I do notice she has different eyes compared to the rest of the dex holders, but they are nothing special, not to me at least. As for Dawn, I have only seen her once on my TV. Not enough first hand information to say she's better or worse than Platina

pong08
November 5th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Why are we comparing two girls that basically dress and look (almost) the same?

Neither. Platina is too "lady". I do notice she has different eyes compared to the rest of the dex holders, but they are nothing special, not to me at least. As for Dawn, I have only seen her once on my TV. Not enough first hand information to say she's better or worse than Platina

Because they come from different backgrounds and they have different chracteristics. Such as Lady Berlitz comes from a rich family and Dawn probably just comes from a middle-class family. And Lady Berlitz has a Attitude while Dawn is just really a cheerful character.

rantaro311
November 5th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I'm a Pokemon Adventures fan so I pick Platina xD
"She's so fine, I don't recongnize. She's so good yeah~"
I though it was "Who’s that girl? (She’s so fine). Who’s that guy? (I don’t recognize). Who’s that girl? (She looks so good, yeah)"

Wallace Berlitz
November 5th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Yeah Platina is lady and princess-ish. I like her. Dawn is cute but she only take part of Contest. No Gyms. Unlike Dawn, Platina challenges herself to beat the Gyms and won Contests

metalaggron
November 5th, 2008, 06:40 AM
i pick platina
just as pong08 said, her eyes are more beautyful
and i sometimes hate dawn's attitude
and i like pokemon manga more than anime

pong08
November 5th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I'm tellin ya, Platina's eyes are like the flute of a snake charmer.

PSM
November 5th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I'd pick Platina. She's more, well, better then Dawn. I love her sence of Knowledge.

RubyJB88
November 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Because they come from different backgrounds and they have different chracteristics. Such as Lady Berlitz comes from a rich family and Dawn probably just comes from a middle-class family.

lol@middle class

I'm tellin ya, Platina's eyes are like the flute of a snake charmer.

You mean snake eyes?! XP

pong08
November 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
lol@middle class

You mean snake eyes?! XP

Na man... it goes a little sumthin like dis: Platina's eyes=the flute and Me=The tranced snake

Orang
November 6th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Hnurr....Platina, her personality's kinda...original. There hasn't been a noble kind of girl in the Pokespecial so far.

While Dawn is like......Misty or May made especially for the DP saga of the anime.

But then, I haven't read the DP pokespecial and I don't watch the anime so much, so I could be mistaken.

metalaggron
November 6th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Hnurr....Platina, her personality's kinda...original. There hasn't been a noble kind of girl in the Pokespecial so far.

While Dawn is like......Misty or May made especially for the DP saga of the anime.

But then, I haven't read the DP pokespecial and I don't watch the anime so much, so I could be mistaken.

right...i was sick of dawn being like may...may being like misty
they are all the almost same
except for misty's love for water and fear of bugs

trix
November 8th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I'd say Platina all the way, hehe. x3

Jerros
November 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I don't like dawn, so platina

Wallace Berlitz
November 9th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Hahaha~ Many people voted for Platina?

Vernikova
November 9th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Maybe because of where the thread was created? Who knows?

Wallace Berlitz
November 9th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hmm... You've got a point. But Pong sadi he suppose to post this thread in Pokemon General. But I think he thinks this section is more suitable?

pong08
November 10th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hmm... You've got a point. But Pong sadi he suppose to post this thread in Pokemon General. But I think he thinks this section is more suitable?

Hey, on the anime thread rules, it said that you can't post ANYTHING about pokemon Manga. So I thought this was a better choice. And Dawn is drawn as a manga character also such as like in pokemon movie 10 manga. So Dawn kind of counts also as a manga character. (Although her orirgin in is in the anime)

Vernikova
November 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM
So are you saying you couldn't put it in Pokémon General? But I can't argue which name someone likes. :P

pong08
November 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM
So are you saying you couldn't put it in Pokémon General? But I can't argue which name someone likes. :P

No, because I can't put anything about pokemon anime/manga in the pokemon general threads. It's in the rules.

Vernikova
November 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
No, because I can't put anything about pokemon anime/manga in the pokemon general threads. It's in the rules.

The rules need to be changed. How can you put animé in the manga section but not the other way? Blah, off-topicness.

Platina seems dominant right now. Really dominant like a bad smell in a regular room. Not an insult to Platina if any of you think that. Just a way of saying that the votes for her are dominant in this poll.

Netto Azure
November 13th, 2008, 08:16 AM
The rules need to be changed. How can you put animé in the manga section but not the other way? Blah, off-topicness.

Platina seems dominant right now. Really dominant like a bad smell in a regular room. Not an insult to Platina if any of you think that. Just a way of saying that the votes for her are dominant in this poll.

You are one of the few people from the Anime Fandom that comes over here. =/ As you said earlier. Bring more people from the Anime section to vote here. =P No offense...=D

Vernikova
November 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM
You are one of the few people from the Anime Fandom that comes over here. =/ As you said earlier. Bring more people from the Anime section to vote here. :P No offense...:D

*Forced Emoticons*

Personally, Platina reminds me of Petunia. I kind of wished they chose a better name, which is why I call her Berlitz/Lady Berlitz/The Berlitz Child.

I know the last one is pretty dumb.

Donna
November 24th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Well, because I find Dawn horriblely done in the anime, I go for the cool and.. spoiled? Platina.

pikaangel
November 24th, 2008, 02:40 PM
i don't like how they made dawn in the dub version
so i voted for platina

Himawarii
December 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Platina definately!
Platina's got this "posh" Kotomi Ichinose(in a way?) feel to her.. and I never really liked Dawn too much to begin with. D;

lalalagirl
December 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Well, because I find Dawn horriblely done in the anime, I go for the cool and.. spoiled? Platina.

omg. we are so alike. lol. In reality i don't like either :P but Anyone's better than Dawn so Platina ftw. *woo (no enthusiasm).

Mika555
December 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I would say Platina because her character seem interesting to me. I also like her eyelashes and her long navy hair. (And no I am not a lesbian.) I know that she is slighty snobbish, but she has good qualities as well. Platina has noteworthy flaws, but Dawn from the anime seems to be lacking noteworthy flaws and personality seems equivalent to May's which is not a good thing and it is not a good thing for characters in the same fiction to have the same exact personality especially if they are main characters. I cannot say anything about Dawn from the video games because her role varies meaning she could be the silent protagonist or Professor Rowan's assistance.

Hey, on the anime thread rules, it said that you can't post ANYTHING about pokemon Manga. So I thought this was a better choice. And Dawn is drawn as a manga character also such as like in pokemon movie 10 manga. So Dawn kind of counts also as a manga character. (Although her orirgin in is in the anime)

Dawn's origins are from the video games not the anime, but everyone make mistakes and say incorrect statements even me. So no hard feelings.

RubyJB88
December 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
May's personality is not equal to Dawn's. Since Misty's departure, the new female protagonists have their own characteristics that are different from each other. Dawn is more of the girly type, which the writers have improved on from May.

Dawn's actual origins resemble the female character from FireRed and LeafGreen.

pong08
December 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM
May's personality is not equal to Dawn's. Since Misty's departure, the new female protagonists have their own characteristics that are different from each other. Dawn is more of the girly type, which the writers have improved on from May.

Which was a hard thing for me to believe at the time, but the writers have improved the story quality by putting dawn in and I think she has made Ash more mature, therefore improving whole story quality in general. Of course the manga is still the best, but the Pokemon Anime is getting more mature in tiny weeny baby steps. A lot of those baby steps.

Mika555
December 16th, 2008, 06:08 PM

Thank you for tell me now that I think about Dawn is a more girly type then May.

_cynthia_
December 17th, 2008, 04:53 AM
dawn had her piplup, like, decades ago and it still did not evolve.
platina's piplup had already evolved into empoleon.
and the tv version is SO boring, especially team rocket.
every episode went like this:
steal pokemon
found by ash and co.
beaten by ash and co.
sent flying by pikachu/ some other pokemon
what a bad feeling~
not once are they successful...
everyone should choose platina.

pong08
December 17th, 2008, 05:48 AM
dawn had her piplup, like, decades ago and it still did not evolve.
platina's piplup had already evolved into empoleon.
and the tv version is SO boring, especially team rocket.
every episode went like this:
steal pokemon
found by ash and co.
beaten by ash and co.
sent flying by pikachu/ some other pokemon
what a bad feeling~
not once are they successful...
everyone should choose platina.
which is more of a reason why the manga is more cooler because the trainers ACTUALLY have cool pokemon!!

come on Ash! You should have an Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Floatzel, Gliscor, and Pikachu(The only exception of not evolving) in your freaken TEAM!!!

RubyJB88
December 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
It is hinted that he'll get an Infernape and Staraptor by the end. But Floatzel may end up like Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Pikachu.

At least Dawn has a Mamoswine now, which may be her only powerhouse. If Buneary evolves, or if Pachirisu ever gets an evolution in the next generation, but they won't be tough-looking.

pikaangel
December 17th, 2008, 01:17 PM
When ash or somebody else gets a new pokemon it takes many episodes for them to evolve either that or they don't evolve at all
Platina's 2 pokemon already evolved to their final stage

Mika555
December 20th, 2008, 07:31 PM
When ash or somebody else gets a new pokemon it takes many episodes for them to evolve either that or they don't evolve at all
Platina's 2 pokemon already evolved to their final stage

I think the anime has a bias in favorof unevolved Pokemon and a bias against evolved Pokemon and A lot of people say that the Pokemon do not evolve so soon because they want to give a message to children that you do not have to be big to win which is true, however this is still bending the rules of Pokemon there are other ways that you can show that a unevolved Pokemon can win against a evolved Pokemon by having them battle a evolved one before it evolves or have short person be a main character to show that small people or creatures can be successful. They also made most of notable the girls characters in the anime coordinators as well which I consider a gender stereotype. I think they also have a pro bias toward Red of the Generation I video games since Ash was based off of him and he was used in ever season of Pokemon. (And yes I am aware that Ash is in Pokemon mangas as well.) By the way Ash's Pikachu is in second stage evolution so it is not considered an unevolved Pokemon like Dawn's Piplup or most of the other Pokemon traveling with them.

Bias not only exist in the anime, but in this manga although there are not as many bias as there are in the anime because they made One example of bias in this manga is that they made all. They made the male protagonist of each arc to be the only ones to make it to the sem-finals in the tournament and no female characters or even the male characters who are named after the second version made it to the semi-finals. They could have mixed the characters together and still Emerald still be the winner. Do not get me wrong I still like this manga and really enjoy reading it.

Platina battles both gyms and complete in contest where as Dawn from the anime completes in contest which is really stereotypical on Dawn's part. I think that the anime need to show that there are some girls who love to battle gyms and want to compete in the Pokemon league. I hope they do consider that if a fifth generation video games comes out.

I am not bashing the anime or this manga if you think that. I am just stating facts and I have a right to make critism because I do approve of everything in my favorite animes, mangas, video games, tvshow, novels, etc.

pong08
December 20th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I think the anime has a bias in favorof unevolved Pokemon and a bias against evolved Pokemon and A lot of people say that the Pokemon do not evolve so soon because they want to give a message to children that you do not have to be big to win which is true, however this is still bending the rules of Pokemon there are other ways that you can show that a unevolved Pokemon can win against a evolved Pokemon by having them battle a evolved one before it evolves or have short person be a main character to show that small people or creatures can be successful. They also made most of notable the girls characters in the anime coordinators as well which I consider a gender stereotype. I think they also have a pro bias toward Red of the Generation I video games since Ash was based off of him and he was used in ever season of Pokemon. (And yes I am aware that Ash is in Pokemon mangas as well.) By the way Ash's Pikachu is in second stage evolution so it is not considered an unevolved Pokemon like Dawn's Piplup or most of the other Pokemon traveling with them.

Bias not only exist in the anime, but in this manga although there are not as many bias as there are in the anime because they made One example of bias in this manga is that they made all. They made the male protagonist of each arc to be the only ones to make it to the sem-finals in the tournament and no female characters or even the male characters who are named after the second version made it to the semi-finals. They could have mixed the characters together and still Emerald still be the winner. Do not get me wrong I still like this manga and really enjoy reading it.

Platina battles both gyms and complete in contest where as Dawn from the anime completes in contest which is really stereotypical on Dawn's part. I think that the anime need to show that there are some girls who love to battle gyms and want to compete in the Pokemon league. I hope they do consider that if a fifth generation video games comes out.

I am not bashing the anime or this manga if you think that. I am just stating facts and I have a right to make critism because I do approve of everything in my favorite animes, mangas, video games, tvshow, novels, etc.

And let's face it.... unevolved are more cute-looking (well most of them... bidoof....AHRRGH!!!). which makes it more fit for KIDS.... I'm not sure if that didn't even make sense. Because when I was ten years old, one of the first things that I questioned before Team Rocket's stupidity was this: Why doesn't Ash evolve his pokemon? And yeah, I know the whole thing... you know.. oh we just like the way you are...NEVER CHANGE! But I still could not understand it. I was a special one. The pokemon anime skeptic.

Mika555
December 21st, 2008, 08:51 AM
I also question why the majority of Ash Pokemon has not evolved and they either. since I when the new episodes aired in 1999 on kids WB. I really did not question this is the first part of the Kanto saga when it aired on Fox in 1998 because it the series just started and one of his Charmander and Caterpie did evolved. Most people must think that all kids do not notice this because I myself was a child back then.