PDA

View Full Version : Hack of the Year 2008 | Nominations Round

Thrace
November 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2q8ocn9.png

Introduction
Welcome to the first round of HotY 2008! This round will be a key part of this competition and it will be you that decides who wins and who doesn't. The hack with the most nominations will win the Fan Favourite award. Do not neglect to nominate your hack because others have already done so! You must supply some reasoning for your nomination and it must be valid, no "coz it roxxorz!!", any posts deemed to be invalid will be deleted.

Ineligible Hacks

Pokemon Shiny Gold
Requested by the author to be taken out of the competition
Pokemon Prism
Winner of HotY for 2007
Pokemon Liquid Ocean
Winner of HotY for 2006
Pokemon Naranja
Winner of HotY for 2005
Pokemon Ice
Winner of HotY for 2004

Voting Form
Hack Name:
Reason for nomination:

Rules and Guidelines

A hack that is in the list above is not eligible to be nominated
You may not nominate your own hack
You must provide a valid reason for nominating a hack
You may not nominate a hack because of the authors personal record or progress, only the hack is being evaluated
You may only nominate one hack
Every post must be a nomination any other post will be deleted
Make sure that you have at least tried more than one hack before nominating it

Credit to ~ The Womanizer ~ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=55892) for the banner.

Shadows
November 4th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hack: Pokemon Genesis (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122487)

Reason for nomination:
It's scripts,mapping,and storyline are just amazing...
I doubt this hack wouldn't be nominated, even If I didn't post.

pokelover445
November 4th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hack Name: Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends
Reason for nomination: This game amazed me, the story, the scripts D/P Pokemon. I was thrilled to finish the game, as it was very challenging, engaging with twists

Banjora Marxvile
November 4th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Reign of Legends.

Reason why: It has a good storyline, and all the legendary's in places that are sometimes easy, sometimes hard to get to. Nice maps and scripts. It was challenging and it's plot was unique, as well as surprising and marvellous.

Disturbed
November 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I nominate Waterfall!
Reason: The mapping by Pachel seems to have really improved, and the overworld is simply amazing. It also seems like he does not want to stop until the hack is complete!

Black Charizard.
November 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Hack Name:Pokémon Distant
Reason for nomination:Excellent mapping and very nice titlescreen it's a very cool hack.

angelas
November 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hack name:
Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers

Reason for Nomination:
Great storyline, great spriting. Very good use of flags and scripting.

The storyline was emotional at some points, making it very good. The fact that it goes by chapters also helps it a lot. Just looking at it, I'm willing to bet that it took a lot of dedication to make this hack.
The maps were incredible and well-thought out. The mechanics of the game were also well-thought out so it makes it possible to beat the game.
And the region was magnificent.

Chimchar 9
November 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
hack name : pokemon distant

reason for nomination : well i havent played it yet but i think it'll be a great hack to play ,so im voting for it.
well i love the awsome mapping not to mention the great title screen !
The story is great + features,so i hope this hack wins.

Argent Crusader
November 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hack Name:
Pokémon rijonAdventures (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129579)

Reason for nomination:
This hack is part of a successful trilogy (rijon), also have a lot of good scripts, nice maping, creativity overall.
Also have very good concept art.

Chrona
November 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Hack Name: Pokemon TRE - Team Rocket Edition (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=101051)
Reason for nomination: An awesome and complete hack that has gone largely unnoticed. It increased the difficulty, and changed almost everything about the original game

Likewise
November 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
hack name : pokemon distant

reason for nomination : well the story is original, the mapping is gorgeous and it looks likeDisturbed has put a lot of time and effort into it, the title screen is awesome and the feautures make me extremley excited.

X-aveon
November 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I vote for pokemon ruby destiny: rescue rangers. the hack was awesome, and it's tiles and scripts are amazing. Time is sure to bring out the best in hacks.

Yoshimi
November 4th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I vote for Pokemon Genesis, because the scripts are great, the story is amazing, and the maps are just fun to play.

Tyrantrum
November 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hack Name: Pokémon Genesis (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122487)
Reason for Nomination: The storyline is great, the scripts are amazing, and the maps are REALLY fun to go through.

エロカメ
November 4th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Hack Name: rijonAdventures (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129579)
Reason for nomination: Very good storyline. As well as mapping scripting etc. Overall it is one of the most enjoyable hacks to play.

Ninja Caterpie
November 4th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I vote for Pokemon Genesis.
The scripts are wonderfully made, without a single error. The mapping is also really good. It's plot is also very unique and interesting.

~Teh Panda~
November 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I vote for Pokemon: breakdown

Satoshi delivers a great hack with one of the best storylines I have heard. His tiles and palletes are also very good

Gyaridos1992
November 5th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I nominate Pokemon Liquid Crystal. It looks like LaZ did a good job on the scripts and the mapping is almost the same as crystal.

Mitchman
November 5th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Pokemon Thunder Emblem (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128218)
Mitchel has certainly done a wonderful job on this hack and i think it should be the hack of the year. Good luck mitchel!

Νιτραμ
November 5th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I would like to add my two cents, too ^^"

Hack name: Pokémon Genesis

Reason for nomination: Pokémon Genesis resembles RijonAdventures which I loved for professional presentation, flawless mapping and great scripts. This all can be applied to Genesis without any exception. It has truly amazed me.

Surf
November 5th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Hack Name: Pokemon Genisis
Reason for nomination: A flawlessly scripted hack with lots to offer. Also brilliant mapping

Hiche..
November 5th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Pokemon Genesis, for it's amazing and well done scripts. I really like the mapping, too. It's a perfect hack.

Zeikku™
November 5th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Hack Name: Pokemon Rijon adventures
Reason for nomination: A remake of an amazing hack. Everything looks very well presented.

GalaxyTurbo
November 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Hack name: Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Reign of Legends

Reason: It has a very good storyline. The tiles and sprites are great also the DP pokemon. The fact that every legendary is available makes it an excellent hack.

PS: *knows what the votes would have been if SG was eligible...*

Satoshi Sugimori
November 5th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Hack name: Thunder Emblem (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128218)

Reason: It seems like there is very much effort put in it and the tiles are just amazing also I like the mapping very much ^^ The scripts are very nice and complex enough :D

Ivysaur
November 5th, 2008, 08:14 AM
After playing a fair amount of the latest betas available around, I have to vote for Pokémon rijonAdventures. Great mapping, really challenging and very professional.

torferno lvl-X
November 5th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I nominate Pokemon Brown V1.2. Because it contains major updates, extreme ASM, D/P pokemon and combatibility with all 1st and 2nd Gen Games

~Areku-San
November 5th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Pokémon B&W.:

The gameplay and the story is very good. And advanced scripting in his programming.
The graphics are good too ^^ and is my favorite hack.
Good luck ^w^.

~Hot n' Cold~
November 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Hack Name: Pokemon Distant
Reason for nomination: Great mapping and scripting, plus an awesome way to play - modes!

BurstX
November 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Hack Name- pokémon Distant
Reason- it has some very intricate maps that are very well made, and the title screen is very original

Heart's Soul
November 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I have played many hacks and I choose Pokemon Genesis.
Why? Impossible to improve, it is perfectly flawless, due to it's great maps and scripts. I cannot say anything else, due to it's perfect nature. I even think that this hack is better than ShinyGold, but I can't play neither on my DS *yet*.

kennyj92
November 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I choose Pokemon Legend of Fenju
Reason: Awesome story, scripts, maps, graphics, etc. Looks really fun and the different environments in the hack make it look even better! It looks like a very original and fun hack that im looking forward to playing in the future.

GKS
November 5th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Pokemon Thunder Emblem.

I like the different tiles it has and the mapping is pretty good too.

The Abyss
November 6th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Hack: Pokémon Genesis (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122487)
Reason: A great storyline with excellent scripts and maps that are so natural and beautiful.

♣Gawain♣
November 6th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Hack name: Pokemon Genisis

Reason: It's amazing plus the storyline are just fine.

Tachibana Azumi
November 6th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Hack Name: Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129528)

Reason for nomination:
It is the best Rescue Team hack ever. The plot is somewhat touching, and there is good scripting and mapping. The scripts are good, and the sprites are beauuuutiful. Therefore, I nominate Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers.

Dukey
November 6th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Hack Name: Pokemon Genesis
Reason for nomination: I really enjoyed this, I have played a few hacks and most just are too original and others are too blegh, this one was perfect, and I loved playing the beta.

BeachBoy
November 6th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I loved Genesis, but...

Hack Name: Pokémon rijonAdventures
Reason: Very enjoyable, with excellent mapping and scripts. Loved the story-line as well.

[HoN] Jereziah
November 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hack Name: Pokemon Legeds of Fenju
Why? : Coz the new title screen looks very nice, also, the sprites of trainers and the maps...

NTA
November 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hack:Pokemon Distant (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=153540)
Reason: I like the TitleScreen as others do i also like the snowy trees and the palettes

Sarcastic Prince
November 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM

Why: Although this Hack has a lack of Sprites,

this is the most advanced scripting Hack.

Also, the the maps and storyline are really interesting too.

TB Pro
November 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
My Nomination: Pokémon Keyra

Reason(s): Well, there are many reasons that I chose this hack to nominate. For one, The tiles are just short of completely new, and amazing. Also, I didn't see any scripts that bored me, although I didn't understand any bit of the story or anything such:P The story(from the thread) looks wonderful. I just can't wait till it's translated(may be sooner that you all think...Can't say though) All in all, it was a very interesting hack, all aspects were at least borderline, or better. Just a very well rounded hack, it's a joy to play.

Dratii
November 6th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hack Name: Genesis

Reason: Awesome scripts, maps have a nice professional feel to them, with nicely chosen D/P/P pokemon, and to tie it off a great story

NecroFlame
November 7th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Hack name: Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129528)
Reason for nomination: It is an amazing hack. It has a very unique storyline and doesn't follow the beat-gyms-defeat-E4 trend. It's like a game on it's own, and I loved it.

So yeah, that's my vote. :P

Naruto Uzumaki The Nine Tailed Fox
November 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Hack Name: Pokemon Lost Treasure
Reason: The amazing tiles

Gerri Shin
November 7th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I nominate Pokémon Crystal Shards
Author: Kike Scott
Reason: the mapping is awesome as well as the inclusion of many custom tiles. Of all of the Johto remakes Crystal Shards takes most of the cake with the addition of the Pokégear that remains true to it's Colour generation base. the scripting is fantastic with the legendary beasts.

ArceusGamer
November 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I vote for:

Pokémon Thunder Emblem

Because of it's hard scripts, good tiles and cool story!

deadlyangel91792
November 7th, 2008, 12:42 PM
HACK NAME:Pokemon Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers
Reason:great hack beautiful tiles,deep story that i loved and just all around great time.....also because i couldnt vote shiny gold

Lady Berlitz
November 7th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Name of hack: Pokémon Genesis
Reason for nominations: Genesis is a great hack. It has been progressing very well for the whole time that it was made, and it is just a good game. The graphics are simple, which I like; the scripts are basically perfects, and everything is else is great. This is quite an easy hack to pick for nomination, and Thrace is a great hacker.

I found it hard to choose between Genesis and rijonAdventures, though.

slicernicer
November 7th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Hack: Pokemon ruby Destiny: rescue rangers

Why: there are at least 10 new pokemon, and to create a rescue rangers game through a pokemon ruby rom is genius

Melash
November 7th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Hack: Pokemon Brown
Why: Because it has ASM, new Pokemon added, and many other awesome features. Also, it's the best Red hack out there!

DL27
November 8th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Hack Name:Pokemon Battle Fire
Reason for nomination: Great fakes, great graphics and story. I love it.

razor93
November 8th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Hack Name:Pokemon Battle Fire
Reason for nomination: It's one of the bests hacks - nice fakes, good tilesets and generally great work.

~~Blitz~~
November 8th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hack: Pokemon Battle Fire
Reason: There's a lot of effort put into this, not to mention wonderfully created Sprites.

Geeked
November 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM

Reason for Nomination: Very original storyline, the author is very committed to it, he works on it daily, and the Mapping is Superb..

<~F.M.P~>
November 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hack: Pokemon Distant

Reason for nomination:
The scripts,MAPPING,and STORYLINE are Ridiculously nice!

Yokki
November 9th, 2008, 02:01 PM
-Hack Name: Poke'mon: Congbu

-Reason Why: Awesome Mapping, Scripting And Ideas.

machomuu
November 9th, 2008, 06:01 PM
HACK NAME-Pokemon Genesis

REASON FOR NOMINATION-The hack is just beautiful, the maps are just wonderful, and the scripts make you feel as if your playing a Pokemon game made by Nintendo.

muh316
November 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM
POkemon ruby destiny reign of legends

reason: its such a cool and a great game that i enjoyed playing i believe its better than Pokemon prism and its soryline is great i also loved how the author Time was able to put D/P pokemon in

Godot
November 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hack Name: Pokemon: Rijon Adventures

A wonderfully executed hack that is the third in a legendary series.

Ripper
November 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM

Reason:
Unfortunately none of the hacks this year have stood out to me as the hack of the year, it however in my opinion simply comes down to RijonAdventure against Genesis, with maybe Distant and White(Old) close behind.

Genesis is above average in all areas, scripting, mapping, overworlding (?) and that's why it gets my vote. Too many hacks this year have been lacking in at least one department, which is unfortunate as it brings tha whole game down. I'd prefer to see a hack slightly better in all areas than one with amazing scripting but horrible maps and plots.

I picked Genesis over Rijon because Rijon seemed to die a little bit nearer the end of this year. I kow it's still going and everything but after the many enjoyable updates not much seems to be going on (I know it's all happening underground though :P)

So there's my two cents :P

Madridista
November 10th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Hack Name: ~Pokémon Congbu~
Reason for nomination: Beautiful tiles and maps. The videos obviously prove, that this hack has amazing scripting. And of course, I love the fact that it's set in Japan.

Bibliophibian
November 10th, 2008, 11:45 PM

Reason for Nomination: It has a great storyline, awesome scripts, and the mapping is wonderful. All the work that was put into Genesis really shows in the quality of it.
The plot is revealed bit by bit, and some of the events make you step back for a second and think about what's actually going on, which can be a hard thing to achieve.

InMooseWeTrust
November 11th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hack Name: Pokemon Bloody Diamond
Reason for Nomination: It deserves A LOT of credit for being the first 4th gen hack, and it's the only thing that even made me want to play D/P.

Conor0909
November 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hack Name: Rijon Adventures (sorry for not posting the link)
Reason: The game and scripting is amazing! Also, a lot of work has been put into it.

Mr. Epic
November 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Hack Name: Distant
Reason for nomination: Has made a new pokemon game with a different story by giving an entire new look with the amazing mapping work by disturbed with some nice scripting and the best title screen I have ever seen on-top. I know that it is still at an early stage so with what I have already seen I can expect an awesome hack which I believe deserves HOTY 08.

second
November 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
pokemon genesis

because of its amazing scripts and mapping
just a great well balanced hack that it has been a pleasure playing

DePokemonMaster1324
November 12th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I nominate Pokemon Marble
reason it has great fakemon and has new scripts

Shenanigans
November 17th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Reason for nomination: An original (and challenging) map where the wild pokemon sets for each area are mixed up (you run into some pokemon at the beginning; Ex, houndour; that, in past games, you would be at least midway through the game before encountering). All in all, a fresh, challenging pokemon game like I haven't seen since G/S came out.

mcmhajjar
November 17th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Hack Name:Pokemon Light Platinum
Reason:great mapping tiles and scripting

Ryousha
November 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Pokemon Congbu

Reason:

This is the only good hack i see within peoples eye.

I like the idea of him using japanese style of trees, and houses and font color.

The hack's mapping ftw.

Excellent Uniqueness to this hack.

Tony the Awesome
November 19th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I vote for Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Cause LinkandZelda and Zeikku have been working there tooshies off to make a good gamee.
this game has good graphics and scripts :D
I think this deserves hoty

thethethethe
November 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Hack Name: Black and White
Reason: Genesis will win the fan favourite with or without my vote, so I thought I'd go for my other favourite hack at PC. I love the in game text. It seems like even what people say have had a lot of thought put into it and for me, that just shows me how much effort has been put in to this hack.

Sandro™
November 19th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Reason for nomination: It has a very eye-catching storyline and part i like the most is the New features. And the layout of the thread is Nice.

Megiddo-san
November 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I vote for Liquid Crystal. The scripts are superb and all the custom graphics and palettes blend together nicely. I got to beta test it, and I must say the side events are a nice twist ; A truly enjoyable hack.

Platinum Lucario
November 20th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Well, I guess it's time for Hack of the Year 2008. I remember Hack of the Year 2008 when Prism won. But I didn't register on PC back then.
Anyways, now it's time for my vote on the hack, which might win HotY.

Hack Name: Pokémon Distant (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=153540)
Reason for nomination: When I looked at the screenshots in the hack thread, I realized that it used different tiles for each area.
The tiles are nice, as he used the tiles from most of the tile creators.

Anyway, this hack has quite a nice storyline, so I think it deserves to receive a vote from me.

Zet
November 21st, 2008, 01:06 AM
Hack Name:Ruby Dagger Murders
Reason for nomination: this hack seems to have great potential, the story seems good, the maps and current screenshots look good

Darthatron
November 21st, 2008, 01:23 AM
Hack Name: Flame of Rage (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131279)

Reason: Amazing plot, some great new sprites, fantastic maps, brilliant scripts. Need I say more? :D

Saken
November 21st, 2008, 01:33 AM
Hack name: Pokemon RijonAdventures
Reason: A lot of time and effort, sweat and blood, has been put into this hack, and Harima has stuck to it for a very long time, a feat not many hackers can achieve. The hardest very thing in a hack is to not get bored of it, and Harima has managed to do just that. *Tips hat*
Good Luck.
Also quoted by the man himself:
"Additionally, there is no Flash HM."
That should be auto-win right there. :P

Kaizer-X
November 21st, 2008, 11:35 PM
Ok here is my vote~

This is kinda hard to choose but I vote for *drumrolls*

Hack Name: Pokemon Rijon Adventures
Reason for nomination: This is one of the first hack i played and the creator Haruki Hanai has put in a lot of effort in making this hack. The mapping and storyline is impressive by all means and so is the mapping.

Tentachu
November 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Hack Name: Pokémon: Rijon Adventures
Reason: It's a brilliant, well-designed hack and a remake of an amazing game.

Thrace
November 22nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Round 1 of Hack of the Year 2008 has officially ended. A thread for awards and discussion will be made shortly.

Closed