PDA

View Full Version : Any good GB games out there?

Heart's Soul
November 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Just want to know your top 5 and why. Please don't make it pokemon games, I have all of them.

suicidesal
November 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM
1; Dragon Warrior Monsters - its kinda like pokemon
2; FF: Legends - It's final fantasy... I forget whether it was 2 or 3 I liked
3; One of the Kirby Games - Im sure all the kirby games are good
4; Dragon Warrior 3 - Pretty fun but LOOONG
5; Tetris - It's tetris

IDK I don't really play GB games much anymore- in my opinion aside from pokemon they haven't aged well...

Heart's Soul
November 7th, 2008, 03:33 PM
To say to that post above:
DWM didn't spark an interest in me... and neither did the sequel.
Final Fantasy games are bad compared to the movie... They always were until I get the 7th Final Fantasy.
Kirby is good, but is hard to choose from, so I'll try getting a NES emulator for now to save time.
DW3 is a game that didn't get great reviews.
Tetris I have for PC, DS, and Wii. What else can you ask? It's... tetris, my first video game.

Iggy Koopa
November 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I would say to play any Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Metroid or Legend of Zelda.
They're all great games, you should know that.

Maybe Final Fantasy and Mega Man games are good, too.

TRIFORCE89
November 7th, 2008, 06:14 PM
To say to that post above:
DWM didn't spark an interest in me... and neither did the sequel.
Final Fantasy games are bad compared to the movie... They always were until I get the 7th Final Fantasy.
Kirby is good, but is hard to choose from, so I'll try getting a NES emulator for now to save time.
DW3 is a game that didn't get great reviews.
Tetris I have for PC, DS, and Wii. What else can you ask? It's... tetris, my first video game.
Don't play Kirby's Adventure over Kirby's Dream Land 1 or 2.

I recommend Link's Awakening

Heart's Soul
November 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
You mean the second Zelda game? I have that.

TRIFORCE89
November 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM
You mean the second Zelda game? I have that.
No.... That would be the Adventure of Link and that was an NES game

Link's Awakening was the fourth Zelda title released and it was for the original Game Boy. They released a colour version of it called Link's Awakening DX when the Game Boy Color was released.

Also...are you asking about Game Boy/Color games or Advance games? I assumed the retro ones :x

Heart's Soul
November 9th, 2008, 08:01 AM
The Retro ones, of course.

ShadowofTime01
November 12th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Are we talking classic GB? Because I have a good list

5) Game and Watch Gallery - It was a classic throw back to the first nintendo hand held, the Game and Watch games. It featured such great classic such as manhole and treasure hunt, and it filled me in on a part of Nintendo's past that wouldn't rear its ugly head again until Super Smash Bros. Melee.
4) Tetris 2 - Personally I believe this had the better music out of the two tetris games I owned for the GB, and the puzzle mode was an extra challenge that I enjoyed as a kid.
3) Castlevania - This was an awesome game, although when i used to play it i didn't really know anything about the story. I was young then and i never really got to face Dracula that often because I would either die early or die at the first boss. I would rarely make it to the 2nd level.
2) Double Dragon - way better than the NES version because you don't have to do the leveling up to use the jump kick/grab/etc. plus the music on the first level is so awsome.
1) Solar Striker - one of the best space shooters i played as a kid, it was difficult and it still is. But it's more rewarding than the easy games of today. You can't just decide something's too hard and go to an easier difficulty in the olden days so it was more about skill back then, and man did it take skill to play this game. LOVE IT. GO AND BUY IT, you will not be disappointed.