PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever thought you saw a ghost?

raging lion
November 8th, 2008, 10:38 AM
OK so this thread is not actually only about you seeing a ghost but also about illusions. Many a times we think that something just went off but nothing is there. This happens with mostly everybody. It happened with me a lot of times. (Please don't laugh if anyone says he/she saw a ghost).

When I was sitting and watching the T.V, I saw something falling on the floor. It was something like a white handkerchief(a big one) but when I went to the door to see that, it wasn't there. It was a kind of illusion.

Hawkfish
November 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Only a illusion. I was half asleep one night. And I saw some drunk eight year old floating while sitting in a chair. It freaked me out. xD I don't understand why I would hallucinate like that! I was twelve at the time.

Rena Ryuugu
November 8th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I thought I saw a woman peeking out of my closet once. But it was only a trick of the light. What I thought was the womans eye was a button on my coat catching the light from the window.

Mewcario
November 8th, 2008, 10:55 AM
One time when I was little I thought I saw an old man in a jacket next to my closet....but it was just my cat banging on the closet!

Rockéttes
I thought I saw a woman peeking out of my closet once. But it was only a trick of the light. What I thought was the womans eye was a button on my coat catching the light from the window.

I would probably wet the bed. o_o;;

A few months ago, my foster brother and I were cleaning out the attic. There were about a dozen garbage bags full of junk. We'd brought them all down stairs, and were untying them to empty them into the garbage. On about the third one, both of us thought was saw a quick flash of something jump out. Like a cat or something similar. We were both a little freaked out, seeing as we'd both seen it.

I dunno though; probably just some illusion or something.

Shadowwalker
Once I Was asleep in my room and woke up and thought a ghost was at my door but it was the way my jackets on my door tricked my eyes.It also appeared to be changing rapidly from my dead grandpa with red eyes to somethin else that i couldn't make out.

Avey
November 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Nah, I've never had any encounters with the paranormal.

If I did have one though, I'd be more than freaked as I'm convinced ghosts don't exist.

Edit: And no, I've never seen an illusion either.

Mitchman
November 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I saw my grandma walk across my balcony when i knew she was overseas sick.One hour later she died,

ErickaVolt
November 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I never saw a ghost neither an illusion. They are just a mere imagination. If I saw a Ghost, I think the Ghost will be more freaked out from what it sees than me.

Emii
November 8th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Hm.. well I don't remember this, but my mom said when I was 7 and we just moved, I went up to her and said, "Mom, who is that man?" and she asked what I was talking about, because nobody else was home. then I got frustrated with her, and said, "THAT man! He's over there in the corner wearing black!" and she just told me it was one of my dad's friends so I wouldn't get scared. XD I was a creepy little kid to see stuff..

but yeah, where I live seeing ghosts and stuff is really common.

4th Gen Matt
November 8th, 2008, 09:37 PM
As in myself.. no.. But my grandma and dad lived in a house of demons and they told me their stories. WARNING.. LONG POST.

Okay so they had just moved into their new house. My dad was around four years old at the time. The first one they told me was the one where my grandma kept hearing weirds sounds coming from her son (my dad's) room. Every time she went in there, there was nothing. As soon as she opened the door, my dad would stop crying. And as soon as she would close it, it would start up again almost immediately. She woke up one night to him crying again. She rushed to his room and didn't believe her eyes.. Head to toe, the entire room, covered in crap. You could not see a single spot on the wall, ceiling, furniture. Everything was covered in crap. She took her babies and ran out of the house to stay in a hotel until they got another house. And you can say that a baby will usually do that. But it was a insane amount of crap. More than a baby craps in a year. Not to mention it was on the damn ceiling. There is no way in hell he could have reached the ceiling. She believes that he was possessed when he did it.

Another story is that my grandma was cleaning the house when she found that her husband (my grandpa) was hiding an army knife underneath his pillow. They hadn't been getting along too well lately and she jumped to conclusions and thought that he was plotting to kill her. When my grandma confronted him about it, he said that he has been frightened because he had been hearing the front door open an hour before my grandma got home from work. He said he would hear footsteps walking up the stairs and they would stop at his door and then just disappear. My grandma asked him if he could put it in the closet instead because she was afraid of sleeping next to the knife. So the next time he heard the footsteps, he got out of bed, went to his closet to get the knife and when he opened the door he saw his dad hanging from a rope. He later found out his dad had committed suicide by hanging himself.

And another story.. Last one.. I promise . =)

My dad's cousin had died about a week ago. My dad had a dream about his cousin where he said "Hey Don. Ask my dad how he likes his new hat." When my dad told his cousin's dad about his dream, his dad was astonished. He said that he had put his
old hat on his son's grave and bought a brand new hat. He asked my dad told tell him if he had any more freaky dreams but he never did.

Some creepy stories, eh?

Spinor
November 8th, 2008, 11:16 PM
A ghost? NEVER! Ghost aren't real. I've never seen one, and I don't think I will. There are only invisible spirits and no else...

OMG! MATT! There's a ghost under your name tag!

Aurafire
November 8th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Nope...I can't say I've ever seen a ghost, or have thought I've seen a ghost. I'd very much like to though, but I'm not holding out much hope XD

Snivi
November 8th, 2008, 11:43 PM
No but if I did I think I would have to be put in a mental hospital. I don't think I would be able to deal with something like that.

wobbadude1
November 9th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Have you lot heard of the Enfield (North London) Poltergeist??? I saw a documentary on it and it changed my view on paranormal activities. It happened between 1977-1978 on this small girl! No one knows if it was real or a hoax...if it was real though I've heard a ghost speak on television...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_Poltergeist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_Poltergeist)

The day after watching the documentary I asked one of my friends and he said he had a poltergeist visit once when a book flew out of the bookcase of his previous house and flew as if being chucked in the air. I don't know if this is true- it's my friend's story!

Once I Was asleep in my room and woke up and thought a ghost was at my door but it was the way my jackets on my door tricked my eyes.It also appeared to be changing rapidly from my dead grandpa with red eyes to somethin else that i couldn't make out.

Most "ghosts" or "illusions" can be psychological and this sounds like the case to me!

Idiot!
November 9th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Seen? Not yet. Heard? You bet. Or at least I think so. Since young, I keep hearing footsteps going down the stairs even when there's no one in the house except me. Somehow I learned to grow up with it.

GFA
November 9th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I thought my friends dad was a ghost because it was dark, and I bumped into him and he was wearing white.

The Wave
November 9th, 2008, 06:55 AM
well, sometimes the light tricks me with my glasses so it looks like that something is falling. but no, I never saw ghosts or illusions.
I actually don't believe in ghosts or spirits. at least not like how everyone sees ghosts, like those transparent people like in movies, comics etc. I say those things are BS. but I believe there's something "ghost" like. that death people somehow are still walking here on earth. but just not like how we describe ghosts.

LONG POST WARNING!

however, I seem to "feel" strange things. it's like if someone or something is close by, but there's nothing. just my family and my pets. but it also happens when there's no one. it even happens when I'm in a busy street or something, it's very busy with a hella lot people, so you would think "it's nothing, you're just stressed or something with all these people". but that's not the case, I feel something else that all those people together. I still don't know what it is, nothing strange beside this has ever happened, so it can be just imagination. though it happens too often. but i've learned to kinda live with it. now it's more like a welcoming feeling, that I'm not alone and don't have to be afraid of anything. and that's pretty strange, seeing how I still don't know who or what that feeling is, and I don't even know if it's friendly or not. but I kinda know him somehow, it's damned familiar now... maybe it's because I live with it now.

also 2 strange stories, but to clarify first to prevent confusion, my parents are split-up, I live by my grandparents, my brother by my mother and my sister by my father. don't ask why, I keep that for myself.
now the first story:

I've heard a story from my mother how my brother (who is 2 year younger than me) could see ghosts a few years ago (IIRC it was just 5 years ago). even my brother confirms how he saw the ghosts, who were just walking around. just walking, and nothing more. and only at night. but my mother told me that on an evening, a man came knocking on their house telling about how he knows that my brother could see ghosts. and that freaked them out, since they never met that man before. the man told them that there have people died in the house they live, and that my brother saw those people. a year later, my brother didn't saw anymore ghosts. my mother, brother and some doctors believe that my brother has build some sort of "blockade" which prevents him from seeing him ghosts. since then he never saw a ghost again, but he still claims that he did saw ghosts in that year. and my mother and brother still live in the same house.

another story. my father and sister(who is 3 year younger than me) claims that there's some sort of ghost or paranormal activity in their house. they say that at night, they always hear footsteps walking through the house. and sometimes in the morning, the heaters/electric fire(damn dutch me) through the whole house is turned on, while they turned all of them off in the evening. my father even bought and installed new ones, but the same problem is still going on. this even happens in summer, which is very frustating. later my father found out that a soldier of WWII has died in a cold winter in their house, so my father believes that his ghost is in their house, and that he turns all heaters/electric fire on to keep the house warm and prevent everyone there from getting cold. I don't believe the last part by myself, but there's no explanation for these weird events...

strange stories eh? looks like I've got a paranormal familly. heh, never really thought of it. I can't explain the cause of the events, but who knows. maybe there's something trully ghost like things, a way that death people still are walking here on earth.

EDIT: I just remembered a third story from my mother, which was weird as well. 5 years ago, she just moved to the house she lives now (thus the house from my first story!), and a lot bad things was at that moment going on. it was at that time a few months ago she split-up with my father, she has barely money, a few people helped her. it was a bad time for her. however, a few days later, a old card fell out a box. she saw that it was a old card from her death father and that she has lost it. but the weirdest thing was, on the card was writen "everything will be alright" or something like that. and it was the handwriting of her father. and guess what? a half year later, everything was alright again. she has more friends, has more money, everything was alright. and beside that my brother saw ghosts from the first story, everthing is STILL alright.

pretty weird, assuming that it was a VERY bad time then. you really wouldn't have thought that she would be this alright.

4th Gen Matt
November 9th, 2008, 07:46 AM
A ghost? NEVER! Ghost aren't real. I've never seen one, and I don't think I will. There are only invisible spirits and no else...

OMG! MATT! There's a ghost under your name tag!

So there is. I suppose if you have looked at Darkrai then you have seen a ghost, hmm?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
November 9th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I've never seen an actual ghost, but I have seen an 'orb' once before, which kinda freaked me out, cause it floated up to my face then I blinked and it disappeared. o.O

The Wave
November 9th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I've never seen an actual ghost, but I have seen an 'orb' once before, which kinda freaked me out, cause it floated up to my face then I blinked and it disappeared. o.O

you're sure it wasn't just a bubble or something?

Alakazam17
November 9th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I've seen Froslass and Rotom on my DS, XD

As for in the real world, I can't say I've ever come across anything like that. Though there are times when I am reminded of friends and family members who have passed on. I like to think they're still around in some form. Heh.

Emii
November 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM

Oh that happened to me before, too. It came out of my mom's mirror in her bathroom. I NEVER go in there anymore! xD

I remember something creepy that happened to me a few years back. My dad took me up to his office on the 3rd story of a college building. (I live on that same college campus) well on this college campus, ghosts and stuff are common in almost every building here, but this was the only exprience I've had anywhere other than my house. Ok, I was in his office on his computer. I must ave been about 10. In the classroom next door, we heard walking, and occasionally writing on the chalkborad and low mumbling. that classroom is a lecture room with different levels of seating, so somebody walking up and down was common and could easily be heard through walls. So my dad told me to go and look in the classroom to see who was in there. So I did, and there was nobody in there and the lights were all off too.

My dad is so mean, he KNEW that nobody was there because that happened alot. >_< I never went up there with him again, I was so mad. XD

Flex-Mon
November 10th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Believe it or not the new house that I moved into last summer I suspect to Have ghosts in.

The reason why is the day that I moved In there after we finished packing everything and got setteled for bed I went to get something in the fridge and for some reason I saw a figure walk down the hall way near my room when I went there no one was there. I was really freaked out and kept it to myself. The next day I asked my Aunt,Sister, and Uncle if they were up late or went to bathroom around the time that I saw the figure and they said no.. so Yea I think I believe that I saw a ghost plus when I did see the figure it was like it faded away in the air because it dissapeared too fast around that corner O_o..call me crazy

Joey the Cockroach
November 10th, 2008, 08:09 AM
i have seen white flashes a few times in the dark. pretty freaky, y'know. as for orbs, yes, a lot.
so i would say these are real.

Eternal Nightmare
November 10th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I thought I did. My closet was wide open and the room was dark right, and there was this figure in my closet and it looked like it was looking right at me. Turns out it was just white tuxedo XD.

Soul Eater
November 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I have seen one before, at least thought I have. XD I do know that there are definitely times when I can feel ghosts around me. It is pretty scary because I don't know how to except it.

I've always seen illusions like one time I could have sworn I saw this figure bending down in my bathroom...like to pick something up. Funny thing was that my parents were both sleeping, plus I'm only child, so no brothers and sisters to blame for it.

I always have this feeling that its my grandfather because I know my mom says that the small kitchen light, when she turns it on, a few minutes later, she goes back in the kitchen and it was turned off. Nobody would turn it off either, except in the morning because its the kitchen light under the microwave and we leave it on overnight because sometimes me or my dad wake up in the middle of the night for a snack or something.

I believe that since my mom's father (my grandfather) that passed way when I was only a year is all around me. It's true, he probably tries to make his appearance by doing something and letting us know that he is there to protect us. That's why he has always been my gaurdian angel.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
November 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
you're sure it wasn't just a bubble or something?

Nah, it was weird and kinda glowing. I would have said it was a reflection off a beetle or some dust if I hadn't been there myself.

Flex-Mon
November 10th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I have seen one before, at least thought I have. XD I do know that there are definitely times when I can feel ghosts around me. It is pretty scary because I don't know how to except it.

I've always seen illusions like one time I could have sworn I saw this figure bending down in my bathroom...like to pick something up. Funny thing was that my parents were both sleeping, plus I'm only child, so no brothers and sisters to blame for it.

I always have this feeling that its my grandfather because I know my mom says that the small kitchen light, when she turns it on, a few minutes later, she goes back in the kitchen and it was turned off. Nobody would turn it off either, except in the morning because its the kitchen light under the microwave and we leave it on overnight because sometimes me or my dad wake up in the middle of the night for a snack or something.

I believe that since my mom's father (my grandfather) that passed way when I was only a year is all around me. It's true, he probably tries to make his appearance by doing something and letting us know that he is there to protect us. That's why he has always been my gaurdian angel.

Wow.. Crazy story and your right it just might be your grandfather. I got so many of my relatives that I knew Die I have no clue who is who..O_o

♣Gawain♣
November 10th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Once when I was out camping with some friends 9 years ago. At first we thought it's only a trick of light. But when we saw some human figures, we ran as fast as we can. Creepy..... >.<

Azzurra
November 11th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Yes, when I was about five I remember seeing my grandfather in front of me, and at that time he had only just passed away.

I do think it could just be a dream, but it's hard for me not to believe it, since I saw it.

Asa
November 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM
It feels like I have seen a few in are old place we used to live,one night I had woken up from the couch,is where I slept,and over by the table it looks like I had seen three or four ghosts it was pretty scary. They were like eating or something and one pulled up a knife,was like omg so I just hid under my blanket and went back to sleep for the rest of the night,seriously I don't know if this stuff was real or not,but it felt totally real to me. Now when I watch ghost stories on like tv, I always get the chills that someone is behind me 0_o.