PDA

View Full Version : Curt's Region Starter Kit

Curt200718
November 8th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Hello Everyone, Well I remember a while back (Last year I think) someone thought about making a "Regional Starter Kit". Well I have one nearly complete(after many,many hours of mapping)..I just wanted to ask all you guys if you think I should release it. It will include : Kanto Region, Sevii Islands, Johto Region, and Hoenn Region. Also should I release all the Inners aswell or just the Outside and Cave Maps? I not sure if someone else has released one or not...

I would also like to include the Sinnoh Region, but resources are scarce..
Also opinions are more than welcome......

I am about a week or so away from completing everything..I will include a poll to recieve votes about this...

EDITED*

CURRENT ACCURATE PROGRESS :

Kanto Region : 100% Done
Sevii Islands : 100% Done
Johto Region : 80% Done
Hoenn Region :50% Done

EDIT

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Link 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/282724805/Curts_Region_Starter_Kit.zip
Link 2: http://d01.megashares.com/dl/eb11461/Curts_Region_Starter_Kit.zip
Link 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4QGMRHCK
Link 4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzjwi2qzzgu/Curts Region Starter Kit.zip

not 100% complete but more than enough to get you started. ENJOY.

another EDIT*

I added the doors i forgot as an attachment....

O.G. Duke
November 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Sure. I support the idea since I need those region too.

ryushin5
November 8th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah I think that would be a good idea.

partyghoul2000
November 8th, 2008, 08:58 PM
me personally, am against this. think about it...all ppl would have to do would download poccil's SDK and this region SDK and all the person would have to do would throw down some npcs and a storyline. it takes out all the fun of mapping and game development in general. they're be so many games in the games showcase with the same maps and no originality. :(

Vampire://Krimm
November 8th, 2008, 09:02 PM
me personally, am against this. think about it...all ppl would have to do would download poccil's SDK and this region SDK and all the person would have to do would throw down some npcs and a storyline. it takes out all the fun of mapping and game development in general. they're be so many games in the games showcase with the same maps and no originality. :(

You do hold a point, but all the people in the GD Section make their own regions. This, I guess, would just promote having an extra region to venture to.

It's a good idea... but I have a question. Are the maps all being made with the same tileset or is it based off of the tileset that game had? Like Hoenn = R/S/E Graphics?

Curt200718
November 8th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well Im using a few Tilesets,(which I will include), each region will have its own graphics matching that of the GBA games except for Johto which I had to empravise....I have been ripping graphics so they match...hope that answers your question

Trace
November 9th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Sounds good, Curt! :D

So, are you going to include say all the interior maps for 1 town in 1 map? (E.g. all the indoor maps of Pallet Town in one map, excluding Oak's Lab, because of different BGM)

ForeverRed
November 9th, 2008, 01:38 AM
well there are really two sides too this argument about discussing whether or not curt should release the kit. this will be really useful for those doing lots of regions and also fake regions. also it wont display the fun of mapping
so there are many reasons why and why not we curt should release the kit but it all depends on what your doing.

Was gonna write a discussion but not bothered but still i would like to see what is install for us ;)

Wichu
November 9th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Well, I don't see why he shouldn't release it. If people do end up using it, they'll probably be deemed as lazy by everyone else, so it's not as if everyone with an official region is going to use it.

Personally, I'm not going to use it anyway, even if I do make a game set in an official region.

Mitchman
November 9th, 2008, 02:39 AM
You guys are forgetting this. If you want you add your own tileset to make it unique. You could mix around the map so it could be a bit different. And lets not forget he is only dong exterior not interior so i say do it!

Neo-Dragon
November 9th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Personally, I disagree with this(for the reason's kinda already stated above), but I think it might be good for newer members of the community. So, I guess....
Go for it.

Curt200718
November 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Sounds good, Curt! :D

So, are you going to include say all the interior maps for 1 town in 1 map? (E.g. all the

indoor maps of Pallet Town in one map, excluding Oak's Lab, because of different BGM)

Well, tbh i didn't event think to do that..I have made a different map for each interior..

Well, I don't see why he shouldn't release it. If people do end up using it, they'll probably be deemed as lazy by everyone else, so it's not as if everyone with an official region is going to use it.

Personally, I'm not going to use it anyway, even if I do make a game set in an official region.

Well I see where your coming from, as mapping is one of the main aspects of a game but I don't understand why if you would want to use a Official Region you would map it all your self when the exact same thing is available to you.

You guys are forgetting this. If you want you add your own tileset to make it unique. You could mix around the map so it could be a bit different. And lets not forget he is only dong exterior not interior so i say do it!

Yes you could custamize the maps how ever you like, also I have done a lot of inners but I guess I will exclude them from the kit.....unless you guys want em :)

Thanks for all your opinions and critism :)

shinylugia249
November 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Interesting idea but it would take away the fun of mapping. This woul prove useful to several memebers but would also (like stated before) bring up many gaes with no custom ideas maps, or tiles. I personally would not need this because i'm almost finished mapping hoen and kanto and bacause i'm usin the g/s/c kanto maps and custom hoenn maps. Well it looks like you've been working really hard on this so release it, It'll be great to see all the regions put into one kit!

Curt200718
November 10th, 2008, 12:02 AM
UPDATE : Just wanted to let you all know I finished up Sevii Islands....Im gonna work on finishing the Hoenn Region next...then johto last.

Shun
December 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I can't wait to see when this s finished and btw have you got any new updates?

Ty 101
December 4th, 2008, 05:06 PM
RELEASE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally like the idea. I am making my own region but, would like to put the other regions in my game as well.

Ninja Tree
December 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Hello Everyone, Well I remember a while back (Last year I think) someone thought about making a "Regional Starter Kit". Well I have one nearly complete(after many,many hours of mapping)..I just wanted to ask all you guys if you think I should release it. It will include : Kanto Region, Sevii Islands, Johto Region, and Hoenn Region. Also should I release all the Inners aswell or just the Outside and Cave Maps? I not sure if someone else has released one or not...

I would also like to include the Sinnoh Region, but resources are scarce..
Also opinions are more than welcome......

I am about a week or so away from completing everything..I will include a poll to recieve votes about this...

CURRENT PROGRESS :

Kanto Region : 100% Done
Sevii Islands : 100% Done
Johto Region : 80% Done
Hoenn Region :75% Done
If this is RMXP, I have lost interest.

MykehDoom
December 4th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Why does that make you lose interest? I'd actually LOVE to have the regions. They'd help progress of my game jump from 10% to 60%.

victorspvl
December 5th, 2008, 04:48 AM
I like to see the Hoenn region!!!

Wichu
December 5th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Why does that make you lose interest? I'd actually LOVE to have the regions. They'd help progress of my game jump from 10% to 60%.

Probably because he's not using RMXP...

jasonresno
December 5th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'm all for it being released!

~JV~
December 5th, 2008, 08:51 AM
cmon guys, he wont release it the last time he posted was on 10 of november ¬¬

Shun
December 5th, 2008, 01:46 PM
He will repost, I hope XD

MykehDoom
December 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Same here.. x_x I'll have to hunt him down and force him to post them! I need those regions!

Shun
December 6th, 2008, 03:28 AM
I really need the regions it is needed for the third half of my game.

Exiled~Shadow
December 10th, 2008, 07:24 PM
just face it guyz... he's either gone and either isnt coming back for a while or not at all or the idea is dead.... just be patient... if he release's it, he realese's it... how would you feal if you found out his mum died or something and you guys were bugging him to relese it... its a good idea but why dont you just try mapping it yourself?? it makes it more original!

MykehDoom
December 10th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah you have a point. I feel bad now.. =/ I'm sorryy..

Exiled~Shadow
December 10th, 2008, 11:03 PM
lol, don't. just be a little more patient...

Curt200718
March 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM
IM BACK...

Srry for being gone for so long guys and gals...real life got in the way...no worries tho...starting map making again....should be done in a couple weeks hopefully...thanks for those who didnt doubt my return shame on those who did....lol...jk guys...ill keep you guys updated...

Hall Of Famer
March 7th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I support this project. It looks promising and a lot of game developers will find it helpful for sure.

Exiled~Shadow
March 7th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Nice to see your back, good luck with the project

blueguy
March 8th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Are people so lazy that they can't even map places that have already been mapped for them in the games?

Soul.//Silver
March 8th, 2009, 02:32 AM
He is only trying to help people (although I just finished mapping most of overworld Johto a few minutes before I posted this, just need to do the 2 water routes and Cianwood then the inside maps).
But yeah, it will help out a lot of people.

InMooseWeTrust
March 8th, 2009, 03:06 AM
He is only trying to help people (although I just finished mapping most of overworld Johto a few minutes before I posted this, just need to do the 2 water routes and Cianwood then the inside maps).
But yeah, it will help out a lot of people.

No, it will just make everyone's games look even more unoriginal.

Ty 101
March 8th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I think this idea looks promising.
I was susceptible before I saw your progress.
I think this idea will be very important to pokecommunity if not to many people just use this kit.

Luka S.J.
March 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I'm supporting this project to where ever it goes. Although I will be making my own maps, I still think that it's a good idea, since not many people that are making their own games are skilled RPG Maker users. I think that this will bring more people into the custom game making rather than hacking.

PS. By getting the maps, people can use it as layouts for the various areas. If people want to make it more original, they should change the maps at least a little bit to implement their originality

Curt200718
March 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM
lol...if you guys dont like the project then dont use it....

I would rather play for hours upon hours going through a new adventure where i can travel to all corners of the Pokemon World and not just restricted to One Region...or some fake region..(Even though some fake regions are looking awsome)

Just to let you guys know I am working on a Custom Region Aswell...not sure if it will be released with this kit or not...

All you guys that dont agree with this project, dont ask me for a download link when im finished...lol

later guys

PS. When I finish I will release the kit in a BETA edition for a couple guys to test out.....I will be looking for some volunteers shortly but not at the moment...

Oh yea, my map's are compatible with RMXP ONLY !

zingzags
March 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
It would be good so it can help make ure game longer

blueguy
March 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM
lol...if you guys dont like the project then dont use it....

I would rather play for hours upon hours going through a new adventure where i can travel to all corners of the Pokemon World and not just restricted to One Region...or some fake region..(Even though some fake regions are looking awsome)

Just to let you guys know I am working on a Custom Region Aswell...not sure if it will be released with this kit or not...

All you guys that dont agree with this project, dont ask me for a download link when im finished...lol

later guys

PS. When I finish I will release the kit in a BETA edition for a couple guys to test out.....I will be looking for some volunteers shortly but not at the moment...

Oh yea, my map's are compatible with RMXP ONLY !

When's the last time one of these people who can't spell and are eleven, who promise "all teh regionz with all 7000 pokemons," have actually finished their project, or even finished anything but mocking up a couple of screenshots with shitty graphics, no grammar and no common sense?

Of course we'd all like to play a lengthy game with a second region, but what people in this forum need to do is concentrate on their first region, custom or not.

Yuoaman
March 8th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I don't see what the problem is with using original ideas. I think I see where people are coming from when they say that there's no originality anymore. And here you are saying that original ideas aren't good, that it is better to just make a crappy game, but if it's long, and contains all the regions, then we've done a good job.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that out...

Curt200718
March 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
When's the last time one of these people who can't spell and are eleven, who promise "all teh regionz with all 7000 pokemons," have actually finished their project, or even finished anything but mocking up a couple of screenshots with shitty graphics, no grammar and no common sense?

Of course we'd all like to play a lengthy game with a second region, but what people in this forum need to do is concentrate on their first region, custom or not.

lol...ok first off...i see your one of those guys that use perfect grammar while typing huh...lol...well i dont and who cares...i am sure i can spell better than you...i am not a kid...second off all...I have every region done except two routes in Jhoto and the Hoenn Region...the reason being I have to rip alot of the graphics...im on the caves now..about half way done...I still have a few routes to finish as well...and a couple towns..lol...but I am making progress bro...lol...wouldnt it be cool to travel to known areas after yours or someones Else's "Original Region" has been explored ?

I don't see what the problem is with using original ideas. I think I see where people are coming from when they say that there's no originality anymore. And here you are saying that original ideas aren't good, that it is better to just make a crappy game, but if it's long, and contains all the regions, then we've done a good job.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that out...

I also dont see the problem with using original ideas....it is actually the best thing to do bro...lol...i dont remember saying anying thing bad about original ideas....and there is nothing wrong with Fake or "Original" Regions....you can impliment your own region into the kit with ease....but I do agree that any noob could put this and essentials and have a crappy game going in days sure....but for the experienced programmers and game developers have almost the entire pokemon world to work with including there own...i have not got any of Sinnoh or other regions not mentioned...

Srry to rant on.....lol...taken a brake from map making...lol...

You guys dont want any screenshots do you ?....let me kno :P

Luka S.J.
March 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Screenshots would be great. I'm sure people are curious what your progress looks like for now.

exteradude
March 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I believe that this idea would have both positive and negative aspects to it.

Positive:
-It will make Game Development much easier.
-Those who wish to create new regions would have others already done.
-The regions could be edited as well, making due for a very decent fan-game. This, of course, means that the maps should be able to be accessible from the developer's point of view if he wishes to edit and perhaps add to it. This would require some specific mapping procedures from both you, the creator(s) of this Regional Starter Kit, and those who wish to create the fan-game.
-This would not upper the standards of a good game, as more and more people will get this SK, therefore making it the norm, and adding to the regions already created would be considered not the norm, and it can affect the game positively and negatively (As before).
-This will make it easier for developers to insert a better story, without worrying about mapping and whatnot. At least, not as much, though some people will take it to themselves to edit the maps as much as they can, in which they will be congratulated for their efforts, good or bad.

Negative:
-There will be a lot of users who will create a game only based on those maps. Just add a story and some Pokemon here and there and voila, there's a (then crappy) fan-game. People will frown upon such achievements, and will put to excess the principal of editing the starter kit to the extent that it is considered a more original fan-game. This is, of course, a Starter Kit, which means that it needs to be edited in order to create a game. A mapping SK, like this, requires editing to be original. Therefore, this SK, being a Mapping Starter it, would need to be edited in order to be good.

EDIT: I was away at a doctor's appointment, so let me continue.

Here is some advice.
-After you're finished, go to the Game Creation Resources thread, and post it there. Ask the Mod controlling the main topic if he or she can also put it on the first post, for a decent reference. Of course, create a post on the thread before you ask him/her. You should also wait until the SK is a little more popular.
-Post some screen shots, and try to add as much information as possible. Decorate your post with pictures, colored text and all that. Maybe even pictured headings. This will increase revenue, and more people will be accepting to download it, and thereby see it's awesomeness.
-Create "siggy" images for support and further revenue of users coming to your post.

Something that is a MUST for you to do:
A while back, I opted to expand Blizzy's Starter Kit, which in turn affected me. I did not credit some various benefactors that were primary to the resources that I submitted. Advice: Credits. Lots of them. Create a text file in your project with credits to your supporters, give links to every forum post you've made about the project and credit all who have posted, give credit TO THE GIVERS OF THE RESOURCES, credit Nintendo, credit Poccil if you're using his scripts to create the Starter Kit: Give cred to every single person who has helped you with the project.

I congratulate you on wanting to create a Regional Starter Kit. Keep a lot of things in mind, but this is a great idea.

~Exteradude

SL1MSHADY
March 10th, 2009, 06:24 PM
i support this, but i have a few questions...
1) What tiles will it be using?
2) Is it going to be just the same town, or with your own spin?
3) Can you post up some screenies? cuz i really wanna see some visuals ^^

Flameguru
March 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
lol...ok first off...i see your one of those guys that use perfect grammar while typing huh...lol...well i dont and who cares...i am sure i can spell better than you...i am not a kid...second off all...

I care. Would you type up a resume like that? I didn't think so. Second off all? Alright, point proven.

I suggest that you post some screenshots so people know if you are just building hype and are going to just disappear and let all the people who believed and supported this down.

exteradude
March 11th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Yuoaman does prove a point. But I believe in ya. Just got this feeling.

Curt200718
March 11th, 2009, 05:02 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n105/curt200518/screenshot1-1.png

^^^THIS IS PIC OF MY PROGRESS -(If you pic its too small for you to read, then save it to your desktop and zoom in it.) That pretty much covers my progress.

Any Maps with "NC" After there name means "Incomplete"....I have more than 80% Percent of the project done....Hoenn is a more detailed region than the others and is taking the longest.

I will show any map you guys want that doesnt have a "NC" beside its name.

Thanks for the Support Everyone !

PS: Thanks for the advice exteradude, also I will be sure to credit everyone who needs to be.

If I have to estimate a First Release date, I would guess one month from now...maybe sooner if I get more time
to work, but like I said im not a kid and I do work....gonna continue on caves...

exteradude
March 11th, 2009, 07:00 PM
You're doing great! We don't need a release date mainly due to the fact that you're working on it. You're posting, which means that you are.

I would still recommend spicing up the thread a little, however. Also, another piece of advice:

Your project is HUGE. If I were you, I would back it up regularly. I would also put it on a durable flash drive, or perhaps one of the many online storage facilities. (XDrive's closed, but there are so many other options to back up your files without worry.) Also, free web hosts could also host it, depending on the file type.

Also, I'd recommend you releasing the indoor maps from the world. You were wondering about that, correct? Well, it's a Regional Starter Kit, and the indoors are, of course, an essential aspect of the region. It may take a while longer, but it will help the users of your Starter Kit much more.

Also, add midis of the songs for each map, concerning their specific needs. (i.e. Pallet Town music for Pallet Town, et cetera...). Since .mid files are small when compared to the huge .mp3's, it will not only save space, but give the user an idea of what music needs to go where, which will save a lot of research for those who don't know as much about the regions to the point where they have to understand the music to make a game with your SK. They can just add the new music from getting them online, or ripping it, or something along those lines.

Also, post screen-shots of some of the maps. People are really raving for it, and not only will it give people a better chance to download it, but people will be more comfortable when they decide to.

Tell me - Are you using Poccil's Starter Kit for this? If so, are you assigning the maps correctly in the visual editor and providing the World Maps respectively?

Well, that's my advice. XD

~Exteradude
Owner of Many Pies

swatops
March 12th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Keep up the good work I support you all the way!:)

spike6958
March 15th, 2009, 02:17 PM
This is interesting, i wasn't sure if a Region Starter Kit would be a good thing or not, what with all the poor projects that have ended up on the forums due to the release of the last starter kit, but this seems like a good idea, in fact if i hadn't have left my Pokémon game in favor of creating a Harry Potter RPG (info on this coming soon to PC) i would be considering using this, if i could come up with a good enough story as for why the Trainer needed/wanted to travel to them

InMooseWeTrust
March 18th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I really need the regions it is needed for the third half of my game.

Nobody else noticed this?

Anyway, I will likely use your maps as reference points for making other maps. Usually you can get these maps from spriters-resource, but it's too much of a hassle trying to navigate around that site just to get every individual map.

4th Gen Matt
March 18th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Hey Curt. I am finally back! =]

I remember when you said you were going to make this back when I made my resource pack (which the thread has died; I came back and was a few days late of saving it.) Anyway just PM me with any questions. I am looking to get back into Onyx soon.

Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit!
March 18th, 2009, 11:40 AM
What tilesets are you using? Default Ones or Kyledove's?

HatedHero
March 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Wow! That would be great if you could release your Mappack soon :D I just registered to the forum because I started my own project and then I saw this nice post. With your maps, my project would be done much faster (Maybe 30% done or so). I just need the Kanto Maps at first so why don't you upload them now and then the other regions? xD

maaddogg
April 9th, 2009, 05:36 PM
im gonna support 100%%%%%

Ashedragon
April 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
This would be a great project, even for people with they're own regions, adding this would mean they could go to the other regions and catch the rest of the pokemon.

I Support this 100%!

HatedHero
April 14th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Hmm looks like he isn't coming online again :-(

Merovin
April 16th, 2009, 02:19 AM
You're crazy to do all that mapping, crazy! Lol.
Still, it's a great idea, for many it will be useful for those who want to add older regions as an 'extra' after their own region.
Of course there will be some bad games spawning from this, where they just take us through the same place again with no changes.
But this will still aid many, giving them more time to focus primarily on their new region, making it as amazing as possible.

Curt200718
September 20th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I know it has been so long since I have been on, but im here to share with you all what I have done. The region pack is not 100% complete but since I am not working on it anymore I have decided to release what I have completed.

I hope you guys enjoy it, and if there is any problems feel free to message me on MSN messenger : [email protected]

download link >>> http://rapidshare.com/files/282724805/Curts_Region_Starter_Kit.zip

enjoy

venom12
September 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Wow dude finnaly big thanks for this.

ScizorZ
September 20th, 2009, 03:40 PM
thank you Curt! I really need this as you can visit Kanto and Hoenn in my game except for the fact that Hoenn is flooded and kind of destroyed from more fights of Groudon and Kyogre. I'm not sure if I should add Johto but if I do then the Western part of it will be mostly flooded along with Kanto.

Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit!
September 21st, 2009, 08:22 AM
Um, could you put on a different download site because i cant do rapidshare. It just wont let me

T3h Kaiser
September 21st, 2009, 08:56 AM
I know it has been so long since I have been on, but im here to share with you all what I have done. The region pack is not 100% complete but since I am not working on it anymore I have decided to release what I have completed.

I hope you guys enjoy it, and if there is any problems feel free to message me on MSN messenger : [email protected]

download link >>> http://rapidshare.com/files/282724805/Curts_Region_Starter_Kit.zip

enjoy

Does the content downloaded from those links reflect the percentages on the first post of this thread? Johto and Hoenn unfinished?

Great work, by the way. I'm sure this will help out alot of people.

Curt200718
September 21st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Does the content downloaded from those links reflect the percentages on the first post of this thread? Johto and Hoenn unfinished?

Great work, by the way. I'm sure this will help out alot of people.

well to be honest i may have exaggerated a little on the progress of the hoenn region...after looking it over i would say its around 50% done...some will disagree :P

T3h Kaiser
September 21st, 2009, 09:15 AM
well to be honest i may have exaggerated a little on the progress of the hoenn region...after looking it over i would say its around 50% done...some will disagree :P

And Johto? Exaggerate there, too? That's the only one I'm interested in, to be frank. D:

Curt200718
September 21st, 2009, 09:22 AM
no i did not...johto is basicly done except for inners and like one town

T3h Kaiser
September 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
no i did not...johto is basicly done except for inners and like one town

Awesome, awesome. This is a pretty amazing accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself.

Now if only more people would follow your example and make such great donations to the community!

Luka S.J.
September 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
I got one question. Is it possible to upload the link to some other hosts like MediaFire, because Megaupload and Rapidshare might not work some for people here. Anyways, I'm sad you have given up continuing the project, though it still will help out alot of people on these forums.

Vaskituh
September 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
I would like to represent everyone here, and Thank Curt for his Awesome, AWESOME work, and for helping the Community grow with helps like this one.

Here are some Mirrors, if Curt wants, put it on the First Post ;)

MegaUpload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4QGMRHCK

MegaShares:
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/eb11461/Curts_Region_Starter_Kit.zip

Curt200718
September 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks I will add them to the first post now :)

Vaskituh
September 21st, 2009, 10:10 AM
Your welcome mate, we are the one that thank you : )

Are you done with it ? Maybe someone could pick it up and continue it.

Curt200718
September 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Well for the time being I don't plan on continuing, If someone would like to pick up where I left off that would be great and I say go for it.

Thank you all for your positive comments, i'm glad i have helped the community grow...this is the only site that I have put a download link to the kit...theres 4 links up now so everyone who wants it should be able to get it.

I may continue this project, but not right now...If anyone does plan on continuing please let me know..i wouldn't wanna continue when someone else has already mapped it :P

later guys and gals thank you all again and goodluck with you guys projects :)

Curt200718
October 8th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I have received word that the member known as "hardy har har" will be continuing the project. Just thought I would let you guys know...

I wish him the best of luck...as it is a very time consuming process...

later

Wind Gale
October 10th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Thanks for doing this. It saved me alot of mapping so now I can get on with my region. ALso thakns to Hardy Har Har for deciding to continue the project.

PokeBal33
October 10th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Sounds like a good idea. What are you using as a rom base?

carmaniac
October 10th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Sounds like a good idea. What are you using as a rom base?

It's got nothing to do with emulation if you havn't noticed that this is the game development section but they are using rpg maker xp just for a heads up :D

Neo-Wolf
October 10th, 2009, 07:02 AM
This is a very useful uh.. patch that will help lots of beginners. Good work, Curt!

PokeBal33
October 10th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Oh ok, i thought he was using advanced map to hack a rom. Sorry.

carmaniac
October 10th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Oh ok, i thought he was using advanced map to hack a rom. Sorry.

That's okay, if I sounded harsh at all that wasn't meant to happen xD.

Klofkac
October 10th, 2009, 11:35 PM
What resources you used, because i can't go to down in my house?

Time Shift Dialga
October 11th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I just want to see Sinnoh - I'll re-tile it myself - reject tilesets PLEASE?
xD

Nah, just a bit of advice - don't include events, people will want to clean them up regardless. ;) Good luck! I really need Johto and Sinnoh, but with the progress you're making it shouldn't take too long =D

Curt200718
October 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
What resources you used, because i can't go to down in my house?

I would check my database - Tilesets tab and change the passage settings

thats what may be your problem, though i dont entirely understand you..

Nah, just a bit of advice - don't include events, people will want to clean them up regardless.

I agree with you, I threw this together rather quickly because i havent worked on it in a long while...so the events are actually not suppose to be there...

Klofkac
October 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
i dont entirely understand you...

I need all resources you used, because:
Script "Bitmap cache" line 195: RuntimeError occured.

Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Characters/fk009

Curt200718
October 12th, 2009, 10:41 AM
klofkac

just delete all the events that was included and it all should work fine

i think i ripped some doors and forgot to include them so that might be your error

1ninjadude1701
October 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM
i got it but i would like ALL resources because i cant go into pallet town

Curt200718
October 16th, 2009, 02:38 PM
lol..follow the advice i put above your post and it will work....

DELETE ALL EVENTS !!!!

later

1ninjadude1701
October 17th, 2009, 07:06 AM
in all of maps or just the map i want?

Curt200718
October 17th, 2009, 07:30 AM
ok for all of you thats not good with ripping graphics...heres the doors that i forgot to add...

i put it as an attachment...

1ninjadude1701 in all of maps or just the map i want?

delete all the events in pallet town except for the door events :)...

dowload the attachment and add them to your project and all should be well

later everyone

EDIT*

I also added the attachment to the first post...

pbellosom
October 23rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Wow, thanks! This will be very very usefull

thepsynergist
February 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I hope that you finish this project one day. I really need the Johto region.

|Maximus|
February 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I hope that you finish this project one day. I really need the Johto region.

This was like 4 months ago. I'll let a mod handle this.

Liliana Vess
March 13th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Very impressed, I'm probaly not gona use it though. i just like pottering around the pokemon regions so i put in a 'Home World' and use that to teleport everywhere ;D

Curt200718
May 22nd, 2010, 04:37 PM
hey guys, again long time no see :P

anyways just wondering if anyone continued this project or finished it up and would like to share ?

I may begin working on it again.

Thanks

thepsynergist
May 22nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
I personally would love if this project were finished. I know a lot of fanboys here want Hoenn done.

gadesx
June 14th, 2010, 10:45 AM
dude, im going to continue your project if you see it right,
if you have msn i can tell you more of how go it,
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5880674#post5880674

JakeG
June 16th, 2010, 12:00 AM
This is perfect just what I wanted, I am not going to use this as my main region, will still make my own for that, but I will add the other regions to my game.

Pokemistrz
June 24th, 2010, 11:42 AM
These maps are masterfully done, work on!

tylerab01
June 25th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Im going to use this for my Game, I am using HGSS tilesets so ill be remapping and there will be new story lines to each region!

JakeG
June 30th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Tell me when someone does Hoenn, a must have!!!

ashthebest10
August 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I am currently remapping all the regions with D/P/PT/HG/SS Tilesets and finishing the other regions. I will release each region as they are completed. Great job Curt!

Here is an example of Pewter City.

ashthebest10
August 30th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I am almost done with Kanto. I will release it in about a week.

Cilerba
September 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM
In my opinion, you should've just stuck with FRLG graphics, or had somebody rip HGSS tiles for you.
Those graphics look horrible mixed together that way. :x

ashthebest10
September 1st, 2010, 05:15 PM
You have no idea how long it takes to do this. It's just a base. You can change the houses and buildings, or anything else as you wish. Why would anybody use FRLG tiles. They are very generic and just crappy.

thepsynergist
September 1st, 2010, 05:46 PM
I think the HGSS style looks crappy, the character sets of the characters heads are way out of proportion. I don't like them much.

ashthebest10
September 2nd, 2010, 10:16 AM
I agree. I just mostly liked the trees and the other terrain tiles. I just placed a house or building of a new style in place of the FRLG style but it can be changed easily. Changing the cliffs, trees, grass, signs, water, and everything else took two months in itself, so the buildings were not as much of a concern. I figured whoever used this would want their game unique and change the buildings and houses anyway.

Cilerba
September 2nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
You have no idea how long it takes to do this. It's just a base. You can change the houses and buildings, or anything else as you wish. Why would anybody use FRLG tiles. They are very generic and just crappy.

It really shouldn't take that long if you were just to use FRLG graphics.

Actually, many people, not many in game dev, but in hacking, use FRLG graphics. They aren't generic, and they aren't crappy.

ashthebest10
September 2nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
That's just opinion. I personnaly loved D/P/PL and like I said, I liked the "terrain" of HG/SS. FRLG tiles are too plain, IN MY OPINION. All of the houses look the same.

ironlucario
September 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I Personally think this needs to be bumped up, for current developers to use.

joeyhugg
September 17th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Yeah, this should be released. Graphics will (hopefully) be changed anyway, so who cares.

Chrisario
August 11th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Unova map I was busy with it but the tiles are scarce to find and ripping takes longer aswell I was hoping the unova maps would also be in there