• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trust

Issues with trusting?

• Yes >____>

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No :3

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Is it a hard thing for you to do? Do you have trouble trusting people online or/and IRL? And how many people do you trust online? Like on PC for example.

As for me, it depends on the person's character. I'll always be paranoid about this sort of thing, but there are probably a select few people on PC I trust the most and would consider as my best friends. As for real life.. I guess it would be the same situation, except trusting people IRL is easier I suppose.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Trust can only be established after you've known or talked to a person for a very long time. IRL, I trust my friends completely, and I know they trust me....simply because we've spent so much time together. On PC...Sure, I trust people, but it's a lot different in an online community =P

Gerri Shin

  
Years
If I were to be honest with myself I would say that Yes I do have some trust issues. Of all the people I know there are very very few that I trust. IRL I would say the number is around 4 total. and yes there are a few here that I would trust completely, however there area number of people here who are at varying degrees of trust in my book.

Years
Yea, it's hard for me to trust others. I can't even trust my "friends" in RL but I got my reasons for this. I learned that people mostly only care about themselves and that I'm the only one who can trust myself. Of course there might be people who aren't that selfish but most of them are. I was exploited so many times that I just dont want to trust anyone anymore.
There's only one person on the Internet I trust though Ive never talked to him in RL but there's something that tells me I could trust him... Besides Ive already known him for at least 2 years and I guess that's kinda a long time for an Internet "friendship".

As long as I can trust myself I don't need anyone.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
Well it depends, I only trust like 5 people in real life, 3 of them I've known since I was like in 1st grade. :3 However Online, it really depends. :\ I do trust some people online though, and I think they know who they are. ;3 But some people I do know in real life, have betrayed me, like BADLY, so it's kinda hard to trust again. >_<;;

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I trust a few people online, and I trust a few people in real life, but not much.

It's really not my fault, that people can't shut their mouths up... >_>

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I don't have that much of an issue with trusting, although it's become more of an issue over the past few years. I find it's easier to trust people online, considering they seem like someone credible and not like some pedophile rapist person, because they can't tell anyone simply because they have no one to tell. And it's easier to handle judgement when you cant see facial expressions or hear the tone of voice.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, I find it easier to trust people online. If I don't like you, I can just block you. Can't do that in real life, unfortunatly XD

But it depends what I trust them with...I suppose I trust very few people then.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Yeah, it is easier to trust someone online.
IRL, I have a hard time trusting some people due to incidents that happened in the past few years, but lately, I have been thinking of trusting people more and so far its doing well.

Azzurra

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 3, 2013
I usually trust people naturally, but if they betray me or do anything to offend me, it's very hard for me to forgive them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
I have some issues with trusting... I don't trust anyone in this world completely (except my bro).
And as for trusting only 50%, I have that type of trust for a few. Other than that, I don't trust anybody.
And I also hardly forgive if my trust is broken.

It is harder to trust people online, cause you don't really know for sure if they really are the type of nice person they actually seem...
That's why, in this forum I have about one or two people only who I trust, but not completely trust.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I hardly trust anyone except my family and my "bestest" friend. It's hard to trust anyone in this world of crisis and calamities.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
trust? yeah, i do trust quite a few people, but not many. i agree, it is easier to trust people online, but do i trust them fully? well, for some people, yes, but mostly no.

Years
'Someone' once told me I have 'paranoia to the max'. Yeah, I suppose I'd agree with them. XD;
I have major trust issues, especially when it comes to people talking behind my back and such... >___>

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
I usually can only trust people from first impressions. Otherwise, they're probably not worth it. It's the same for people online. It takes at least a year to gain my trust online.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I don't totally trust anyone, for good reason. I allow a certain degree of trust on the internet but I won't tell anything that personal to anyone on the net even someone who I have 'known' for 5 years.

Back