PDA

View Full Version : Family History

supertails
November 14th, 2008, 01:14 AM
What is the best and cheapest way to find my ancestry? I could have a twin or a different family, I just want to know. I live in the US and I was wondering if I could get a free DNA Ancestry test from England or another country? I just don't want to spend $200 or more just to find my Family tree.

Rockéttes
November 14th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I'm pretty sure you could have googled this and gotten a lot more results than you will here.

Anyway, there's probably hundreds of sites on the web. Hell, here's the first result from google (http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp). Oh, and I've seen this application on facebook lately. I think it's called We're Related or something like that. I have no idea how it works as I've never added it before, but it's ranked pretty high, so... yeah. You should try it out, I guess.

♣Gawain♣
November 14th, 2008, 02:17 AM
How about trying the Mormon's genealogy records? It's really informational you know.

supertails
November 14th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I don't know how those work. I mean there's got to be thousands of people with my name.

Zet
November 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
go on that Murray show or what ever it's called, I'm sure they do free DNA tests

GFA
November 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM
How about trying the Mormon's genealogy records? It's really informational you know.

What if he/she's not Mormon?

supertails
November 14th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the help but I hope to be able to affort it or that the US becomes the land of the free again, was their free health care back in American history and is their a chance the family I grew up in isn't my real family. I've been thinking about it but I'm sure a lot of people mass up in hospitals and stuff like that. Though I do believe when I see God someday that he'll tell me everything I want to know, no questions asked. Heaven is like a big family reunion if you believe in Adam and Eve, I don't but I don't know enough about about evolution to know if their was only one man and one woman or an entire group of people.

Yamikarasu
November 15th, 2008, 10:19 AM

For the record, the link Rockets posted was the Mormon genealogy website. Yeah, the Mormons are kind of OCD about family history.

And I'm pretty sure you don't have to be Mormon to get your ancestry traced.

supertails
November 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
They put a lot of thought into all families then.