PDA

View Full Version : How long do you play games for?

Kraka-chan
November 14th, 2008, 08:32 AM
After hearing this thing on the news one day about WoW players playing for around 19 hours straight, I've thought about asking how long you guys play games for in a day.

I'm not just talking about online games like WoW, but games in general. Do you go for an "all nighter", or do you take an hourly session with a 15 min break in between?

Personally, I spend no more than a couple of hours a session and I spend about two or three in a day. The only exceptions is when I buy a new game that I've been looking forward to and I tend to play those for around three or four hours solid.

Discuss...

Joey the Cockroach
November 14th, 2008, 09:09 AM
hmm.... i would say around 8 hours if i have time. if i dont, usually 2-3 hours.

Nuke
November 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
The longest I've played a game in a row is 10 Years hours.

If I get a new game (and it isnt awful) I will play it for about 5 hours then probably 6 the next day since its usually the weekend.

If I am playing normally I usually get in 1-2 Hours.

TRIFORCE89
November 14th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Around 12 hours was my longest session. I don't do that very often.

Cassino
November 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM
It varies but I'll go for that 4—5 hours option.

CoD4/5 multiplayer is unstoppable. :0

Gummy
November 15th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I usually play for 5-7 hours, but that's because I have parents. I bet I could pull an all nighter if I lived by myself and had nothing to do the next day.

Rena Ryuugu
November 15th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I normally play for an hour at a time.

Some of the people who posted here amaze me. O:

Fox♠
November 15th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I done a 24 hour bender with a friend once. I have never felt so appallingly tired or ill in my life.

Normally I play for about 2-3 hours a day depending if I;m home or not.

Confuse
November 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I can't sit still for more than an hour, so I stop after about that long.

Yet that doesn't apply to the computer, oddly.

Alistair
November 18th, 2008, 03:26 PM
The longest bout I had going was 39 hours, 26 minutes (that was with Final Fantasy XII), but I obviously cannot do that every two days. My average is about 4-7 hours a day, depending on how much time I spend on the internet/computer and how much homework I have.

Caelus
November 18th, 2008, 08:35 PM
On average, I play for atleast 2-4 hours.
It mainly depends on the amount of free time I have left. I believe the most I ever played was 14 hours (About the time brawl came out.).

Skaterzpenguin
November 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I usually play video games 1 hour to 3 hours. ;]

Gold warehouse
November 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
2-3 hours normally unless I have got a brand new, very engaging game that I get stuck into. The longest I have ever played non-stop is about 8 hours on Wolfenstein ET

Houndoom88
November 22nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
at weekends i play for about 7 hours but at days in the week for about half an hour because of homework

Mitchman
November 22nd, 2008, 01:17 PM
My longest was an almost 24 hour smash fest with melee. Oh god me and my friend had trouble going to school the next day XD bt yeah mostly 1-2 hours now.

Dragonair_Blizzard
November 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Around 2 hours, but on weekends, around 5.

Vkazuic
November 22nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Depending on how obsessed I am with the game and if I get interruptions, I can usually play a game for the whole day.

But either than that, usually just 2 hours, usually I get kicked off. >_O

Mario The World Champion
November 22nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks to NaNoWriMo, my playing time's cut down to one hour at a time mostly.

However, I can play sessions that usually last 4-5 hours. My personal record is 12 hours playing Grand Theft Auto IV, taking breaks to do bathroom business and eating snacks while I played.

Samurai X
November 22nd, 2008, 10:44 PM
It really depends, sometimes I don't even play at all and other times I play over 8 hours. If I had to give an average I would say about 4-5.

Chitoge
November 22nd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Normally I'll play a game for about 3-4 hours, I don't really play much during the week though.

Plant360
November 23rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
Normally I'll play about 2 or three hours a day on weekends... But if it's a game I really like, a new game, or I'm playing with friends, then I might play for five hours or less...

Mostly, I'll just get bored after about an hour though

HeidiMoose
November 23rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
It varies for me.
Back in the day, on weekends of course (thank you jr. high and high school), I would play from the moment I woke up until I got tired enough to sleep.
Nowadays it all depends on the game that I'm playing.
I would say on average about 4-5 hours a session when I get really into it.
Although there is many a time when I can only squeeze in about an hour, give or take, depending on if I'm busy or if I just get ADD and feel the need to do something else.

I would probably say the longest I've spent on a game is about 16-17 hours.

Haha.. which brings me back to one thing.
One day my best friend and I spent, like, 3-4 hours playing Super Smash Bros. on the N64 on 100 stock with Bomboms and mines only, with the television hooked up to surround sound, and the volume turned up massively.
It's kind of lame that we did it that long, but we could go on for hours doing stupid stuff like that all the time. :D

kohei
November 23rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
I only play for around 2 hours. Sometimes, 2 hours every 2 days.

But sometimes I spree... like yesterday when I spent most of my time cooped up in my room playing Mass Effect.
Not good for your physical/mental health :/

b7astoise
November 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
when it comes to pokemon...it never gets put down..seriously and i can usually play my one piece game for 15 hours

Master Electrician
November 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I used to play for a minimum of about seven hours a day. It didn't do good things to me. Unless I have absolutely nothing to do that day, I try and limit myself to three hours or less daily.

Of course, if we start talking about tabletop gaming, that goes right out the window and I'll play for as long as everyone else in the group is up for it.

Saltare.
November 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM
All depends. If it's a game I really like and really want to beat, proabably 14 hours. Or the whole weekend. Friday night-Sunday night. But usually its only 30 min-1 hour

Steiner
November 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I usally play my games for at least 8 hours on weekands and 4 hours on weekdays mainly because of HomeWork.

.Vaporeon
November 25th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I usually play around 3-4 hours. Depending on what day it is. If it's a Saturday I'll maybe do 4+.
If I get a new game I'll probably play like 4 hours of it.

-Neku Sakuraba

Razer302
November 28th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I can play most online games for 5 hours or more but with games on say a DS or PSP I will only play for maybe an hour then stop.

yvette
November 28th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I have to break during games. So a 1 hour session is good enough.

But I remember that I went on a four hour gaming spree on Fate of Heat. And then my game glitched and I had to start all over. :{

~SilverSoul
November 29th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I usually play around one to two hours. The longest I've ever played straight was about 16 hours. I go crazy when I get new games and I play for about five extra hours a day, but it settles down after a while.

I gotta tell you. Playing for over ten hours (which I've done plenty of times) makes you go crazy sometimes. :)

CP3
December 1st, 2008, 02:04 PM
During the summer time, one of my favorite things to do is to pull an all-nighter while playing oblivion.

Now I just play for 2 hours average cause of schoolwork.

PsyMaster
December 2nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Depends on the game. When I got Fallout 3 I played it for like....13 hours the first time, and when I first got Crysis I played for 22 hours straight (sadly that was in the summer). My average gaming session would be four or five hours.

suicidesal
December 3rd, 2008, 08:53 AM
generally about an hour or two per session but now that I'm off for winter break (aside for two exams) and addicted to disgaea it will likely be a lot more time

processr
December 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
If I do have a session of gaming, it's usually between one and two hours; perhaps a little nearer to the one than the two. Quite a few nights I just don't have the time to play games due to homework. Talking of which... >_<;

Tapioca
December 3rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
If I have nothing to do that day, I'll get a bag of Doritos and VEG all day in front of the Playstation. But on other days where I have school or work, I'm only on for like one or two hours. Provided I have time for that much of course xD

RanzAlton
December 6th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Well, After doing my Assignments and making Legit Looking Pokesav Pokemon, I play for about 2 hours.. Then Go to sleep beacuse we still have classes.. and on Saturdays, I WiFi and Hotspots, and GTS for about 4-5 hours...meh?

But before, When It was still Emerald, I play for about 6-7 Hours a day. Even during classes. But now I dont. I got Bored.

~Kavin~
December 6th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I think the 5 hr one fits me best

ElementalDragon2008
December 6th, 2008, 08:20 PM
At least
20 min. Beacuse I don't really like screens that much.