PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Channel

PirateSam
November 16th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Any of you actully ever played on this more than like 15 times?

i played on it every day for like 2 weeks i got jirachi on the first day then just bought tvs and stuff alike

MY favorite part of the game was the dolls i bought every single one and made pikachu (sparky for me) throw them all of the shelves then he would pick one up and watch tv!!

Eon-Rider
November 16th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I have the game and I quit after unlocking Jirachi since the game wasn't too much fun anyway.

PirateSam
November 16th, 2008, 02:43 AM
yea i was on the verge of doing that did you do the change calander cheat?

Cherrim
November 17th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Wait why would you play this game more than once? 8| I played through it and had to force myself to get everything. I can't help but wonder if they fired whoever came up with the lame idea to make a video game about something as mundane as watching fake TV. o_O

I have to admit I loved the Pichu Bros. special at least the first... two or three times I saw it. 8|

DDD'SSCEPTILE
November 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM
:) Mine got turned in at GameStop one day. :)

I pretty much did everything worth doing. Then it was boring.

Watch: They'll come out with a Hey You Pikachu with Wii Speak.

nssfleahedgehog
November 17th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I love Pokemon Channel! It was incredibly fun when I played it. I greatly enjoyed it. I loved pretty much everything on there. Once, after Pikachu and I were out, we came home and Celebi was there! It was sweet! So yeah, Pokemon Channel was a great game for me.

PirateSam
November 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Thats Very odd since on a rating from 100 peeps youd be like the only one to actully like the game that much :s

I have to admit i did want to complete it just so i could add it to my completed List (Currently all the games including Platium (JAP) + Ranger Shadows of Almia

Zennyo Ryūō
November 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
I really liked Pokémon Channel. There was quite a bit of replay value, and the gameplay was quite deep. The collectable cards and different televisions added to the value.

SegaSaturnGal
November 22nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
I LOVE it! I'm glad it's not one of those simulators!

PirateSam
November 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
hmm mabye im wrong? Mabye more people do like it

Cherrim
November 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I really liked Pokémon Channel. There was quite a bit of replay value, and the gameplay was quite deep. The collectable cards and different televisions added to the value.
Deep gameplay? Mind expanding on what you mean?

I just remember mindlessly watching TV over and over and over and over again. 8|

Eon-Rider
November 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Wait why would you play this game more than once? 8| I played through it and had to force myself to get everything. I can't help but wonder if they fired whoever came up with the lame idea to make a video game about something as mundane as watching fake TV. o_O

I have to admit I loved the Pichu Bros. special at least the first... two or three times I saw it. 8|

Oh god... >_>
I can still remember some of the lyrics.

"Side by side, it's Pichu and Pichu.
You won't see one with the other."

I can briefly remember more but I won't say it in case I say it wrong. XD

PirateSam
November 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM
The Pichu Bros!!!! I loved The Last one Where Meowth WAS all Hyper like Standing on the roulette! lol

Konekodemon
December 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I love this game, I love watching all the TV channels

RanzAlton
December 6th, 2008, 04:43 AM
.. I dont even have one of these things! and was the Jirachi on the game limited?>

Konekodemon
December 18th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I wish I could get out to that island that Pikachu's always wanting to go to, I think it's Colbat Island the island with trasue on it, that was on Hey You Pikachu, too bad the Lapres that sometimes appears there can't swin me over.

Jelze
December 21st, 2008, 07:48 PM
I played until I got Jirachi and haven't played since. I did only spend $AU 20 on it so I didn't feel bad about it.

Hamako-chan
December 26th, 2008, 02:48 PM
i just play it and take Pikachu out to talk to other Pokemon, then answer their questions and buy alot of stuff on TV :D

.inLOVE
December 26th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I actually play it quite a bit, considering it's age. I like all of the interactive things on it.

BlueEew
December 26th, 2008, 08:21 PM
.. I dont even have one of these things! and was the Jirachi on the game limited?>

What do you mean by Limited?

I think you can complete Channel once, and then get a Jirachi on all Ruby and Sapphire games you own. So you could restart Ruby or Sapphire and keep getting Jirachis.

On the Ruby or Sapphire game though I believe you must beat the league.

.inLOVE
December 26th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Jirachi was easy to get. And I believe it IS limited to 1.

BlueEew
December 27th, 2008, 05:49 AM

I am sure you can complete Channel once. Then connect a Ruby or Sapphire and get a Jirachi. If you had ten copies of Ruby or Sapphire, you could get one Jirachi on all ten.

Channel only as to be competed once. You must beat the league to be able to connect and recieve Jirachi.

holland
December 31st, 2008, 12:07 PM
You know i never really understood pokemon channel

nssfleahedgehog
January 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM
I played until I got Jirachi and haven't played since.

What do you mean by Limited?

I think you can complete Channel once, and then get a Jirachi on all Ruby and Sapphire games you own. So you could restart Ruby or Sapphire and keep getting Jirachis.

On the Ruby or Sapphire game though I believe you must beat the league.

What are you people talking about getting Jirachi off Pokemon Channel? How does that work? This isn't available in this U.S. version, is it?

Red1530
January 1st, 2009, 04:27 PM
What are you people talking about getting Jirachi off Pokemon Channel? How does that work? This isn't available in this U.S. version, is it?In the European and Australian version of the game, it is possible to download Jirachi to either Ruby or Sapphire after completing the game.

kingofjokers
January 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
not worth my money it was stupid but made my sisters happy to play so they play it once a week or so

keitaro10
January 4th, 2009, 03:20 AM
The best thing about that game was the Jirachi the squirtle channel and for some random reason the egg channel.......hehe Lolz

SUPACHEEZY
January 4th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I'll be honest, worst game ever made. I don't even consider it a game, just an interactive screensaver e_e

kingofjokers
January 10th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I'll be honest, worst game ever made. I don't even consider it a game, just an interactive screensaver e_e yea but i wouldnt use it as a screensaver

Kinarii
January 19th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I thought it was cute; it gave me kind of a nostalgic feeling, like when I was little and played pretend with my brother. It was amusing how simple-minded the Pikachu was. Made me wonder if it ate paint chips or something. I named it Kleenex, after how in Hey You, Pikachu! you could (if you got lucky) persuade the Pikachu to eat the tissues in your room.

It did, however, get really monotonous and annoying, especially when Kleenex kept changing the channels when I was 'shopping', and I got pretty sick of hearing "Squirtle-squirtle, squirt squirt squirtle! Squirtle-squirt squirtle! Squirrrtle squirt!" or the Wobbuffet quiz thing, or having to sit there and actively distract Kleenex from messing with the channels while waiting for the dang Slowpoke to change the weather.

The Pichu Bros. thing was okay, cute the first couple of times, though the CG thing was kind of off-putting and cheesy. They could've done better without it.

I'm not a hard critic of anything; I have a tendency to find amusement in things generally thought of as terrible or boring, so that's probably why I had fun with this game, despite the obvious problems.