PDA

View Full Version : GTA 3 or GTA 4?

>Feelings<
November 17th, 2008, 06:46 AM
So, I was just wondering if GTA 4 is good enough to get. I haven't played it yet, but I liked San Andreas a lot. The gang thing was just my thing, lol.

But really, in terms of graphics, gameplay, and music effects, etc., can you people tell me which one is better in what way. A short gameplay desciption would be nice, though...

andyp159
November 17th, 2008, 07:21 AM
So, I was just wondering if GTA 4 is good enough to get. I haven't played it yet, but I liked San Andreas a lot. The gang thing was just my thing, lol.

But really, in terms of graphics, gameplay, and music effects, etc., can you people tell me which one is better in what way. A short gameplay desciption would be nice, though...

OK, I'll try my best:

GTA San Andreas was a fantastic game on the PS2. The reason behind this is the simple depths of the game, and how they managed to fit it onto one PS2 disk, it was amazing for it's time. You can still pick it up form the Xbox Marketplace anyhows, or pre owned dirt cheap.
GTA IV, on the other hand is based on graphics and looks, rather than the general gaming experience. The car's handling has been changed to feel more realistic, unlike the arcadey PS2 versions before. While the shooting auto-lock on feature has been upgraded and online play is included for the first time, I felt that the story was too short, and you get gamerscore for pretty much nothing on the 360 version. However, the music is significantly improved from GTA San Andreas, and the visual effects are AMAZING if you play it on a HD-TV. I feel that if you like arcade style games, and gang style violence, San Andreas is for you, whereas if you prefer realistic handling, a vastly improved AI and realistic handling, GTA IV will beat all.

Really, if you liked all the other GTA games, (vice City, etc) then I would Definitely advise playing it (you can pick up a copy pre-owned for about £12 now) and you would enjoy it. It is dificult to compare it to GTA San Andreas, as they are so different, but it is Definitely the best game in it's class, massively out-playing Saints-Row 2. Definitely worth a play. Don't really know if this helps you at all...

Just for the count, in my opinion, GTA Vice City is the best GTA game EVER!

Skaterzpenguin
November 17th, 2008, 08:40 AM
GTA 4 is way better than the other GTA games. GTA 4 has everything, so I prefer that game! ;]

>Feelings<
December 3rd, 2008, 05:18 AM
Okay mods, since the people here can't really help me with this, close the topic away.

Cassino
December 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
GTA3 is not San Andreas.
Vice City is the fourth game, San Andreas is the fifth... and there's also a London-set one, right? So GTA4 is actually GTA 6 or 7?

Yeah, I don't know which one to vote for now...

RyCario
December 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
I think the London set was #3... I have GTA 2. Heh...

Zet
December 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
Okay mods, since the people here can't really help me with this, close the topic away.
people did help you, you just chose to ignore them

Cassino
December 3rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
I think the London set was #3... I have GTA 2. Heh...
3 is in Liberty City.
I could be thinking of an installment yet to be released or a different game in the same genre, so don't pay too much mind to it.

processr
December 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Not including mission packs such as GTA London 1969, there have been ten games in the GTA series: Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, San Andreas, Advance, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV and Chinatown Wars.

I'm not sure why they changed from '2' to 'III' either.

Flameguru
December 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto: London, 1969
Grand Theft Auto: London, 1961
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto Advance
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

>Feelings<
December 3rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
people did help you, you just chose to ignore them

Smart guy eh?
You see, what I meant is that, the people here are talking about San Andreas and GTA 4.
But I was asking for people's opinions and reasons to tell if GTA 4's plots and features beat San Andreas in every way, which I don't think people want to answer.
Therefore, I suggest you close the topic...

processr
December 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Therefore, I suggest you close the topic...

Why should a topic be closed when there's perfectly valid discussion going on? Just because it doesn't quite cater to your exact needs doesn't mean it should be closed. The world does not revolve around you. =/

.:Kanto:.
December 4th, 2008, 12:15 AM
GTA 3 is not San Andreas, but anyway. I prefer San Andreas over any GTA game. It's been one of my all time favourite games ever since it came out. I got it when it was first released. And I still have my UNCENSORED copy >=D lol.

Mitchman
December 4th, 2008, 06:41 AM
GTA 4 due to liberty city and all the multi language cussing. It even has the a word in greek!

>Feelings<
December 4th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Why should a topic be closed when there's perfectly valid discussion going on? Just because it doesn't quite cater to your exact needs doesn't mean it should be closed. The world does not revolve around you. =/

Why would the world revolve around me? But in no way does it revolve around you. Anyways, I don't know about the world, but I am the creator of this topic, and therefore have the rights to request a closure, I believe...

Harry Blue5
December 4th, 2008, 12:27 PM
You're right... the world doesn't revolve around either of you... it revolves around me!!! Muh-wahahaha!

Jokes aside, I'm not entirely sure, however, there are lot of reviews on the internet. There are likely reviews of the GTA games. You should probably try to find and read them. Another thing to consider is the cost. Which costs more? Which is worth it's price more than the other one?

processr
December 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Why would the world revolve around me?

I was merely making the point that you wished for the thread to be closed just because discussion wasn't going exactly as you had wished it to go. People are perfectly happy discussing the matter, so why ask for it to be closed?

But in no way does it revolve around you.

Did I ever suggest as such? No.

Anyways, I don't know about the world, but I am the creator of this topic, and therefore have the rights to request a closure, I believe...

I take exception to this supposed right when the thread's continuing on its merry way. It doesn't require your input, as such, after discussion is going, so it just seems a little selfish to me to request a closure.

>Feelings<
December 4th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I was merely making the point that you wished for the thread to be closed just because discussion wasn't going exactly as you had wished it to go. People are perfectly happy discussing the matter, so why ask for it to be closed?

Cause I want it to, that's it. If you want to discuss GTA, go make a topic just on that. This topic focuses on the comparative advantage for getting GTA 4 over GTA 3, and some people really are going on topic. But most of them aren't...

Did I ever suggest as such? No.

I was just kidding, sheesh...

I take exception to this supposed right when the thread's continuing on its merry way. It doesn't require your input, as such, after discussion is going, so it just seems a little selfish to me to request a closure.

There was no exception in the past. It is my topic and its perfectly fine for me to close the topic without being selfish. I told you before, that's a totally different topic, and this is going off topic.

CP3
December 5th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I love Gta 4 I love the open city, you can tell that the developers poured their heart into making it feel like its really alive.