PDA

View Full Version : Man Escapes from German Prison "Solid Snake Style"

Shadows
November 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
This story is 100% true!

From qj.net:
Think Solid Snake hiding under a cardboard box is as ridiculous as Clark Kent's glasses? Well, think again. Some guy in a German prison managed to cut his sentence short thanks to a cardboard box.

The 42-year-old Turkish citizen climbed into the cardboard box and mailed himself out of prison. By express courier no less. If they ever suspected that it moved, they probably thought "oh, it's just box."

Once the courier passed through the gates, the inmate cut a hole in the tarp and made a run for it.

Original Artilce (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Oh-it-s-just-a-box-inmate-escapes-from-German-prison-Solid-Snake-style/pg/49/aid/126296)

.bored
November 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Haha, you'd think somebody would have realized something was up.

Angela
November 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
From qj.net:
Think Solid Snake hiding under a cardboard box is as ridiculous as Clark Kent's glasses? Well, think again. Some guy in a German prison managed to cut his sentence short thanks to a cardboard box.

The 42-year-old Turkish citizen climbed into the cardboard box and mailed himself out of prison. By express courier no less. If they ever suspected that it moved, they probably thought "oh, it's just box."

Once the courier passed through the gates, the inmate cut a hole in the tarp and made a run for it.

Is that story really true?

Metatron
November 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM
HELL YES!! Dude, that is the most inspiring story I've heard all day.

...But I still have a hard time believing that it actually happened. Where did you hear about it? ._.

Gumball Watterson
November 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Jesus Christ, what a wonderful world o_0'

Seriously, Germans got owned by a Turkish? If that's true, then for all we know, Chuck Norris could be African.

Harley Quinn
November 17th, 2008, 06:16 PM
That absolutely is kick-ass.

Srsly.

Vernikova
November 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM
If this story is true, then Germany has really got to improve with security, etc.

If not, you should write fanfictions.

Cherrim
November 18th, 2008, 06:50 AM
HELL YES!! Dude, that is the most inspiring story I've heard all day.

...But I still have a hard time believing that it actually happened. Where did you hear about it? ._.
This post sums up my thoughts.

:( That would be the most kick-ass story EVER if it's true.

wakachamo
November 18th, 2008, 07:04 AM
All that guy needs now is an assistant with glasses.

Mitchman
November 18th, 2008, 07:47 AM
XD if this is true then lol. I wonder how that actually happened. I mean a box moved meh its just a box? Ok then so if the box goes meow it got cats in there?

Cassino
November 18th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Goes to show that they should check the mail going out from prisons as well...

People seem fond of escaping from the Germans, perhaps they are restarting the WWII trend? xP

Jorah
November 18th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I'm sure this would have been on the news today if it was real? But if it is...wow. That's just too cool. I don't even mind if it's not, it makes me happy anyway haha

ErickaVolt
November 18th, 2008, 03:44 PM
lol. That is so cool. Germany should upgrade their security devices.

Red1530
November 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
It is real everyone and here is a very reliable source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7730018.stm).

Alakazam17
November 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Haha, so it is true. Awesome! :D

Quite an ingenious way to get out though. His only mistake was not waiting until the prison was out of sight. The guards can still see you at the gate. XD

Shadows
November 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
To everyone who is a non-beliver, this is true!
-Link to article in first post-

Sushi.
November 18th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Wow, that short story just made my day! :D
That's some kind of story there alright.

Virtual Chatot
November 18th, 2008, 05:56 PM
This is so...AWESOME!

It'd be even better if he also found a rocket launcher and started using it on the Prison guards! XD;;

:B

Wish
November 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Quite clever in my opinion. XD

Was the security people like...out of it or something? XD I really cannot blame them, but still.

♣Gawain♣
November 19th, 2008, 12:39 AM
That's plainly weird. A madman escapes prison using "snake-style"? Unbelievable.

Charizard EX
November 19th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Now THAT is a funny story. If they knew how he escaped by the help of a Cardboard box, Why didn't they just catch him??? '>.>

BakingBluePotatoe
November 19th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Oh gawd.

That is effin' hilarious.
Just goes to show you that you can never be to careful.

Mitchman
November 19th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Epic win. Now that this is confirmed i must say that if you ever want to become a mass criminal play vidoe games first!(sounded oh so wrong i know...)

Aurafire
November 19th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Lol...I can't believe this actually happened. I'd prefer a more elaborate escape if I was ever in prison, but mailing yourself out in a box works too I guess XD

Toblerone
November 19th, 2008, 10:18 AM
How on earth..? Surely, they would notice that the weight of the box was quite high? And that somebody would mail such a heavy load.. from a prison?? It is quite unbelievable. It just goes to show it is that easy. That must be the worst security in the world.. :D.

dawnxmasquerade
November 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
This reminds me of the scene in Silence of The Lambs where Hannibal Lector escapes by pretending to be an injured security guard. If you don't what I'm talking about, it doesn't sound to impressive, but it's actually much more elaborate than I let on. It's all pretty gory though, so I figured I'd spare the details.

:D They'd have to be a bit longer though.

Jorah
November 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
So it *is* real? That's amazing! Good on that person...even if he is a criminal XD

Angela
November 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM
If this story is true, then Germany has really got to improve with security, etc.

Yes I agree he should write fanfictions.

All that guy needs now is an assistant with glasses.

Or just a Igor.

Alakazam17
November 19th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I don't see anything about what he was in for....because various prisons have various security depending on that. Was he a serial killer, or did he just not have enough money to pay a parking ticket? XD

I'm guessing something on the lesser side, as many people wouldn't be laughing if it was the former.

EDIT: Hehe, it was for drug dealing. Not quite as dangerous as a serial killer, but he could be trouble.

Trap-Eds
November 19th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Oh wow, that is hilarious. You gotta wonder what the guy was in for. :laugh:
Accoring to BBC he was serving a seven-year sentence. I wonder how long he was in prison 'till he jumped in the box?

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
November 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
That's the dangerous power of cocaine, my friends. It can get you in and out of jail.