PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Special Nominated in Nick Magazine

bubblewrap
November 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I was reading through my little cousins copy of Nick Magazine and... Pokemon Special is in there! :D
When I saw it, I just thought: MUST SCAN!
I'll make him vote for Pokespe. I even bubbled it in for the little brat. xD
Heres the page.
BTW: They forgot a dot for Calvin and Hobbes. D8
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/KatzRo0l_02/sc.jpg

Wallace Berlitz
November 18th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Awesome! So Adventures is list in the top manga? Haha.

Offtopic: Even Kingdom Hearts II too!

NayrExoto
November 18th, 2008, 07:58 PM
so if according to that scan how would we get a 25 book collection if chosen. last time i check it wasn't sold in the states(obviousely my choice is pokemon special.)?

bubblewrap
November 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I was shocked too. But, am happy.
They do sell Pokespecial in USA, but only like first few volumes. They stopped because sales weren't so good.

NayrExoto
November 18th, 2008, 08:10 PM
well i know that i own the yellow saga from viz but that was it.

Lelouch99
November 18th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Awesome. I almost cant believe it but come on, its a good manga.

bubblewrap
November 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I know. They should give Pokespecial more credit. I'm glad SOMEBODY finally mentioned it.

metalaggron
November 19th, 2008, 12:28 PM
pokespecial deserves to be on the top

Sea Guardian
November 19th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Go small children! Vote for pokemon NOW!!
Maybe if it gets enough popularity they'll sell it in U.S. again=D
Thanks Bubblewrap!

chamo-chan
November 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Lol, awesome.

I hope it wins.

:3 (Wow, then I guess more children these days like pokemon alot more than I thought.)

bubblewrap
November 19th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Go small children! Vote for pokemon NOW!!
Maybe if it gets enough popularity they'll sell it in U.S. again=D
Thanks Bubblewrap!

That's true! Never thought of that. I'm definitely forcing that litle brat not to bubble in Naruto.

RubyJB88
November 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Wow, I never knew it had a name in the U.S. I thought it was forgotten.

bubblewrap
November 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I know! But, some people, like the people who write Nick magazine I guess, still remember it. xD

pikaangel
November 23rd, 2008, 06:23 AM
but wait what if its one of those pokemon adventures sold in america the one that skips some chapters
you know The Best of Pokémon Adventures: Red

you should go online and vote for it

Mileyangel
November 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
I'm definitely forcing that litle brat not to bubble in Naruto.

THANK. YOU. Okay, how the HELL is that the number one anime/manga?!?!

Anyway, I hope Pokespecial sales will go up, and maybe, maybe, they'll start trying to translate again. Maybe test the waters with the Yellow series again and then try Volume 8?

bubblewrap
November 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
I hate that it seems people love Naruto so much. It's one of those deflated things that aren't so great yet still has a huge fandom. I read Naruto, but its not OMG THE BEST MANGAIN TEH WORLD!!!111ONE. You get sick of it after awhile.
I so hope Pokemon Special will win. If it does, maybe I can buy the manga at a regular bookstore!
Who knows?
Off-topic: Another example is Twilight. I read Twilight, its just another book to me. But everybody is venerating it to make it seem like the best book ever. -.- And everyone loves Edward, but IMO, Jaspers better. xD

chamo-chan
November 23rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
I hate that it seems people love Naruto so much. It's one of those deflated things that aren't so great yet still has a huge fandom. I read Naruto, but its not OMG THE BEST MANGAIN TEH WORLD!!!111ONE. You get sick of it after awhile.
I so hope Pokemon Special will win. If it does, maybe I can buy the manga at a regular bookstore!
Who knows?
Off-topic: Another example is Twilight. I read Twilight, its just another book to me. But everybody is venerating it to make it seem like the best book ever. -.- And everyone loves Edward, but IMO, Jaspers better. xD

And I would pick PokeSpe too~
I hope it wins.
I really want to buy it, but I just wish there was a store that sells them...
(and Jasper is awesome~ and so is Jacob -shot- )

GunSaberSeraph
November 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Oh great goodness, this is our chance, people! If PokeSpecial can get enough exposure in Nick magazine..... If we play our cards right.... POKESPECIAL CAN TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!! Now, all we have to do is hack into Nick magazine's database, and kidnap all of it's subcribers, and force them to vote for PokeSpecial.... and that's just Step One.

bubblewrap
November 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Oh great goodness, this is our chance, people! If PokeSpecial can get enough exposure in Nick magazine..... If we play our cards right.... POKESPECIAL CAN TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!! Now, all we have to do is hack into Nick magazine's database, and kidnap all of it's subcribers, and force them to vote for PokeSpecial.... and that's just Step One.

We should so do that. I am so thankful for whoever writes Nick mag that put Pokespe in there. :D
I really hope Pokespe will win... *sigh*

Off-topic...

(and Jasper is awesome~ and so is Jacob -shot- )
Jasper doesn't get any attention whatsoever, which kinda bugs me. I really started to like him after he went berserk after seeing Bella bleed. :)
I love Jacob! But, I thought, at first, that Bella seemed a bit cougarish when flirting w/ him in Twilight.

Mileyangel
November 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Jasper doesn't get any attention whatsoever, which kinda bugs me. I really started to like him after he went berserk after seeing Bella bleed. :)
I love Jacob! But, I thought, at first, that Bella seemed a bit cougarish when flirting w/ him in Twilight.

OH. MY. GOD. I'm sorry, but please don't talk about Twilight. I get enough of that from my sister and fangirl friends.

bubblewrap
November 23rd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Sorry Mileyangel!
Anyhoo, the thing at the bottom says that you may win books from the nominees. Ha, if I win, I may get volumes of Pokespecial. But, I don't wanna send in the form. >.<
I wish you can vote online.. I'll check.

Mileyangel
November 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Sorry Mileyangel!
Anyhoo, the thing at the bottom says that you may win books from the nominees. Ha, if I win, I may get volumes of Pokespecial. But, I don't wanna send in the form. >.<
I wish you can vote online.. I'll check.

Aw, it's okay.

You would only get up to volume 7, but I would totally do it. Chances are pretty slim, though...(sorry, I get negative. I'm half pessimist) Anyway, I hope that we can vote online. If everybody votes, then maybe Pokespecial will stand a small chance against that stupid Naruto....(no offense to Naruto fans)

GunSaberSeraph
November 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I just voted for PokeSpecial Online. I did my part in possibly the most important vote of the year. :)

chamo-chan
November 24th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I just voted for PokeSpecial Online. I did my part in possibly the most important vote of the year. :)

-gives you "Vote PokeSpe '08" button- Thanks for voting~
:D
i should probably vote too.

bubblewrap
November 24th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Maybe I'll make a badge, please vote Pokespecial on Nick! Then link that little badge to the vote page or something. Paste it in people's sigs (If they want) and we're good to go! How do you link pics to stuff? Like, when you click a pic it'll go to some link? I'm an Internet noob.

BTW, I feel so stupid because I was like, "I'll see if I can vote online." Then, there was a huge-ass thing on the side of the scan that said, "VOTE AT NICKMAG.COM/COMICAWARDS" I just noticed now. xD
*bonks head*

pikaangel
November 24th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Maybe I'll make a badge, please vote Pokespecial on Nick! Then link that little badge to the vote page or something. Paste it in people's sigs (If they want) and we're good to go! How do you link pics to stuff? Like, when you click a pic it'll go to some link? I'm an Internet noob.

BTW, I feel so stupid because I was like, "I'll see if I can vote online." Then, there was a huge-ass thing on the side of the scan that said, "VOTE AT NICKMAG.COM/COMICAWARDS" I just noticed now. xD
*bonks head*

i thought you noticed it before
oh well as long as you vote

Eucliffe
November 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I don't care if it's just "The Best of"; PokeSpecial DESERVES to win!

Fruits Basket and Naruto are too overrated >.> Which is why I hate 'em both. PokeSpecial, on the other hand, is underrated since American only released the first seven volumes...

*votes for Foxtrot and Batman, while I'm at it*

Vernikova
November 24th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I like Fruits Basket... :(

Anyway, I think that PokeSpecial deserves some recognition around the world. It's a decent comic that you could take sometime to read. Of course, it might not get as much votes as Naruto because the comic is good as well and it's more well known now.

bubblewrap
November 24th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Anyway, I think that PokeSpecial deserves some recognition around the world. It's a decent comic that you could take sometime to read. Of course, it might not get as much votes as Naruto because the comic is good as well and it's more well known now.

I know, which sucks. So, I am really hoping for everybody here to take 2 minutes and just vote for Pokespecial. Hey, there's a lot of Pokecommunityans (my own word. xD) that like Pokespecial, maybe we can all form and crush those little kids who only like Naruto and think they're anime fans and they only watch one dubbed anime. -.-'

Mileyangel
November 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Fruits Basket and Naruto are too overrated >.> Which is why I hate 'em both. PokeSpecial, on the other hand, is underrated since American only released the first seven volumes...

Once again, somebody shares my EXACT same thoughts. Pokespecial deserves it's prime. I'm gonna vote.

pong08
November 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Once again, somebody shares my EXACT same thoughts. Pokespecial deserves it's prime. I'm gonna vote.

You know, I bet there are people out there who think that the Pokespecial is the same thing as the pokemon anime, which it's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Mitja K
November 24th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Well i hope for you guys that pokespecial wins, you americans are lucky to EVEN have some volumes avaliable to buy, we in Europe arent that lucky. I personally like pokespecial and Naruto equally, so dont bash other manga to much k? Im to for pokespe to become more popular.

You know, I bet there are people out there who think that the Pokespecial is the same thing as the pokemon anime, which it's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I know what you mean, if only the anime counterpart would be like pokespecial. As far as i know is pokemon the only anime that doesnt go the plotline like the manga, thats so disapointing...

Sea Guardian
November 25th, 2008, 02:33 PM
*votes for Pokespecial online, gets on all the computers in house to vote for pokespecial, then goes over to all of friend's houses to vote* That should do it! ^_^
By the way, does anyone here have a username on Serebii? We could totally post this on their forums and tell everyone to vote for it! I'd do it but I don't have a username and if I joined now and post that up there everyone would think I'm spaming =(

Mileyangel
November 25th, 2008, 02:43 PM
*votes for Pokespecial online, gets on all the computers in house to vote for pokespecial, then goes over to all of friend's houses to vote* That should do it! ^_^
By the way, does anyone here have a username on Serebii? We could totally post this on their forums and tell everyone to vote for it! I'd do it but I don't have a username and if I joined now and post that up there everyone would think I'm spaming =(

I do. I joined there before I joined here, in October 2006. I joined here in January 2007. But I haven't been on there in forever.....

BTW, the Pokemon anime BARELY has a plot. What is a pokemon master, anyway?

@Mitja K; Sorry, even if I don't like Naruto AT ALL, I shouldn't bash it. I LOVE Inuyasha, which brings me to part of why I don't go on serebii forums anymore. I was on an Inuyasha thread, and some RUDE people bashed the living daylights out of me.

Sea Guardian
November 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM
^Now that I think about it, I have no idea what a "Pokemon Master" is!
I can't belive I watched that show -_-'

Vernikova
November 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM

The plot of Pokémon is to collect all 8 badges or Frontier Symbols and compete in the league. It's very simple but still a plot.

BTW guys, can you stop putting down the animé. I like it a lot. :P

bubblewrap
November 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM

I went and posted, though I have like 4 posts there. I'm just more used to Pokecommunity, I don't know why.

EDIT: I now hate SerebiiForums. People are mean, unsupportive, and think I'm spamming! Geez, I'm not going back there again. -.-'
Thread: http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368947

My only forum NOW is Pokecommunity, you guys are the only cool Pokemon forum on the Internet. ^.^
And Pokescansclub, by Wallace Ryan.

RubyJB88
November 25th, 2008, 07:55 PM
You cannot compare the anime and manga. You just can't.

It hasn't been used as often lately than it was in the first seasons.

bubblewrap
November 25th, 2008, 08:17 PM
^I know. In the beginning, when it was Ash, Misty and Brock, it was "Pokemon Master" everything. But, nowadays, its hardly ever used. -.-'

Mika555
November 26th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Pokemon Special deserves to be recognized. I like these manga and could not stop reading it. Thoses other mangas are well known by because they have anime version of them. Most people do not even read manga, but rather watch only the anime that is based off of them. Hardly anyone knows about the Pokemon Special because their is no anime version of it and they sell the manga in very few countries in the world. If they sell it in more countries then it might be more noteable by people who read manga. Also I hate when people say that Pokemon is just for children, which is said by Pokemon Haters. I mean depending on what type of Pokemon canon you referring to the age group can vary.

I Date Flaffy's
November 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds Awsome Im gonna vote if i get the chance

pong08
November 26th, 2008, 01:16 PM
So I voted about three days ago, and I felt very proud of myself. And I think we really need everyone's involvement to vote for pokespecial.

Sea Guardian
November 26th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I went and posted, though I have like 4 posts there. I'm just more used to Pokecommunity, I don't know why.

EDIT: I now hate SerebiiForums. People are mean, unsupportive, and think I'm spamming! Geez, I'm not going back there again. -.-'

My only forum NOW is Pokecommunity, you guys are the only cool Pokemon forum on the Internet. ^.^
And Pokescansclub, by Wallace Ryan.
**** those people were harsh! Way to crush our hopes jerks! Now the thread's closed! GRR!!
Nobody listen to my ideas anymore espcially not those includeing Serebii's forums-_-"

Netto Azure
November 26th, 2008, 01:30 PM
The plot of Pokémon is to collect all 8 badges or Frontier Symbols and compete in the league. It's very simple but still a plot.

BTW guys, can you stop putting down the animé. I like it a lot. :P

I agree...we can just only wish for a PokeSpe Anime. ^____^
I'm trying to vote right now...=P

bubblewrap
November 26th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Pokemon Special deserves to be recognized. I like these manga and could not stop reading it. Thoses other mangas are well known by because they have anime version of them. Most people do not even read manga, but rather watch only the anime that is based off of them. Hardly anyone knows about the Pokemon Special because their is no anime version of it and they sell the manga in very few countries in the world. If they sell it in more countries then it might be more noteable by people who read manga. Also I hate when people say that Pokemon is just for children, which is said by Pokemon Haters. I mean depending on what type of Pokemon canon you referring to the age group can vary.
I agree with you 10000000%. Pokespecial totally deserves to be recognized. Naruto's okay, but it just gets way to much attention for its own good. Pokespecials good too, even better (IMO) and nobody knows about it. -.-' We have a perfectly good chance to sortof "advertise" Pokespecial for free, and we can do it by, oh, I don't know...
VOTING! And those jerks on Serebii don't even wanna do that. D8

So I voted about three days ago, and I felt very proud of myself. And I think we really need everyone's involvement to vote for pokespecial.
Congrats for being better that those Serebii jerks!
Like your location. May I join you? xD
Destroying Serebii = FUN!

**** those people were harsh! Way to crush our hopes jerks! Now the thread's closed! GRR!!
Nobody listen to my ideas anymore espcially not those includeing Serebii's forums-_-"

Exactly! I mean, if we all just vote, maybe Chuang Yi will get a clue and start selling manga in more places. (Probably America, because Nick was in America.)
Those Serebii Forums jerks can go die in a landfill. xD
I don't hate everyone on SerebiiForums, I have my awesome friend Tricia there, but people are generally MUCH nicer here on PC. If all Pokespecial fans just voted on every computer they know, maybe Pokespecial will win. Just because I only had 10 posts, nobody respects me on there. I had one post here and people were still treating me normally!

Vernikova
November 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
That's because I didn't see you when you had 1 post.

Anyway, seeing that VIZ still hold the rights (They do have them still right?) and PUSA doesn't seem to want to do anything with it [PokeSpecial], I don't see how they could legally be sold in stores.

pong08
November 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM

Anyway, seeing that VIZ still hold the rights (They do have them still right?) and PUSA doesn't seem to want to do anything with it [PokeSpecial], I don't see how they could legally be sold in stores.

Well, I believe in a miracle. I mean, pokespecial being nominated in Nick Magazine was a miracle enough. And that's a start.

Mileyangel
November 26th, 2008, 04:16 PM

Previous post: I LOVE Inuyasha, which brings me to part of why I don't go on serebii forums anymore. I was on an Inuyasha thread, and some RUDE people bashed the living daylights out of me.

You should have seen what they said to me. Even for me, it was totally inappropriate. And I'M usually the one who is inappropriate! For people who get defensive about SerebiiForums, while it's true that not ALL people are rude, a lot of people are. You should read some posts. I love Pokecommunity WAY more than Serebii. Information there, fun and good stuff here^_^

BTW, Bubblewrap, don't let it get to you. EVERYTHING is spamming to them.

Vernikova
November 26th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Well, I believe in a miracle. I mean, pokespecial being nominated in Nick Magazine was a miracle enough. And that's a start.

Being nominated for a contest in a magazine is one thing. Being able to sell again is another but your hope is pretty high up. It's better to hope for the best and expect the worst. :D

bubblewrap
November 26th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Ha. ^.^
Maybe cause I was a noob on Serebii, nobody would care. If Coronis or somebody posted this on Serebii, people would be nicer.
Lets all hope Pokespecial will win. Maybe, PUSA will see the light of selling Pokespecial in USA.

btw- But, I just wonder, how EXACTLY is my thread spamming? D8
(On Serebii.)

Vernikova
November 26th, 2008, 06:07 PM
It's not that your thread was spam, it was the people in your thread that were spamming.

This is cool (I...guess) and all, but this is just turning into a spam thread. :\

Now that you all know, go and vote or whatever you want to do.

Closing.

So yeah, that's why it was closed. But on your comment on someone else posting it, it wouldn't have mattered really. As much as it pains me to say it, it is Nick magazine. So it's really nothing special. :\

bubblewrap
November 26th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I know. Its just the horrible sad truth. But, I just kinda want Pokemon Special to have ONE award other than Naruto, which probably has lots of awards already. D8

Also, I really like your avvie. :3

Vernikova
November 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I know. Its just the horrible sad truth. But, I just kinda want Pokemon Special to have ONE award other than Naruto, which probably has lots of awards already. D8
To be fair, it would only be the comic that would have awards, not the cartoon.

Also, I really like your avvie. :3
Of course you do. I chose it of course, which makes it the best ever. :P

Sea Guardian
November 27th, 2008, 06:10 AM
It's better to hope for the best and expect the worst. :D
I think I saw that on a fortune cookie once:\
Not all the people on Serebii are jerks, I know a couple of cool people on there.:)
Unfortunately about 90% of the people are jerks(no offence to anyone who has a profile on Serebii)

bubblewrap
November 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I think I saw that on a fortune cookie once:\
Not all the people on Serebii are jerks, I know a couple of cool people on there.:)
Unfortunately about 90% of the people are jerks(no offence to anyone who has a profile on Serebii)

Fortune cookies. Once I got "Something will happen soon." D8
After that I got a B on my English final. >.<

Yeah, there are some cool people on Serebii, but other than that, other people were pretty much jerks.

I think I maddened them when I said
People on Pokecommunity were much more supportive.
*shot*
Ha, but thats the truth. xD
To be fair, it would only be the comic that would have awards, not the cartoon.

I know. I like Naruto, I have nothing against it, but it has way too many awards.

Sea Guardian
November 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
^On a fortune cookie I got "a danger forseen is half avoided". What does that mean? How do you half avoid a danger?
I like Naruto too, it's okay. The movies are repetative and I don't like it that half my school watches it and thats the only anime they'll watch. Not even the subbed version which is way better(as subs always are)

bubblewrap
November 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, dubs almost always ruin any anime. They just sound cooler in Japanese. xD

That fortune cookie is wierd. Once, I got a blank one. TOTALLY blank. xD

For the Naruto school thing, I feel your pain. The show/manga is quite repetitive (sp?) after awhile. -.-

Mileyangel
November 27th, 2008, 09:21 PM

For the Naruto school thing, I feel your pain. The show/manga is quite repetitive (sp?) after awhile. -.-

Let me repeat this because I was so horrified: You should have seen what they said to me. Even for me, it was totally inappropriate. And I'M usually the one who is inappropriate! For people who get defensive about SerebiiForums, while it's true that not ALL people are rude, a lot of people are. You should read some posts. I love Pokecommunity WAY more than Serebii. Information there, fun and good stuff here^_^

BTW, Bubblewrap, don't let it get to you. EVERYTHING is spamming to them.

I would not recommend reading that thread. Every post on there was TOTALLY uncalled for.

My brother got a blank fortune slip one time^^ Also, one time, I got one that said something about your treasured friend connecting with you, and the next day, my best friend of ten years, whom I had forgotten to call for a couple of weeks, called and we talked for hours. weird, huh?

Mitja K
November 28th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Well lets just say each anime/manga has its own special "ability". They are all special in their own way.

Donna
November 28th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Oh wow, I just got to vote! (Wonder if proxy's will help too? hehe)

P.S. How... nice those people are on Serebii. Very mature yes -__-, are they even fans of PokeSpe?!

bubblewrap
November 28th, 2008, 09:34 AM
^ Exactly what I thought. I mean, they could have at least TRIED to sound nice. It doesn't matter what magazine it is, Pokespecial has a chance for ONE award. At least vote if you're a fan. -.-'
I kinda got mad and sortof insulted them by saying People on Pokecommunity were more supportive.
But, it's true.

Vernikova
November 28th, 2008, 12:00 PM

They sound cooler only because you don't understand it. There are bad voices in the Raws of some shows. Spike from Cowboy Bebop comes to mind; the dub beat this just for that reason.

This only proves we need to go back to Pocket Monsters' Rika-sung traditionally guitar-based themes (OK! comes to mind). None of these instruments and KIDS SCREAMING (which I actually loathed about Advance Battle's themes).
Of course (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15) they are (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=190161). Note there are two seperate links.

Anyway, I don't see why it winning a Nick award is anything special. It doesn't really get anything other than an award that means nothing really.

Mileyangel
November 29th, 2008, 09:44 AM
^No offense, but do you even like the Pokemon manga?

Vernikova
November 29th, 2008, 04:57 PM
^No offense, but do you even like the Pokemon manga?

Seeing that there isn't a the pokémon manga. Yes, I do. What other reason would I post in this part of the forum. All I'm saying is that the award is just from Nick Magazine.

Even though I would like better drawings. :P

Mileyangel
November 29th, 2008, 08:14 PM
^
1. I was talking about Pokespecial
2. What people are trying to say is that Pokespecial is recognized, sales will go up, thus improving the situation.
3. I personally think that the early chibi style is cute, but I like the later styles even better.

Vernikova
November 29th, 2008, 08:24 PM
^
1. I was talking about Pokespecial
I know what you meant. But it gets tiring that people refer to PokéSpecial as the manga.
2. What people are trying to say is that Pokespecial is recognized, sales will go up, thus improving the situation.
I'm sorry but I don't think that copies from the late-90s and early-2000s will automatically start selling again if it wins this contest. I also doubt that parents will import these comics for their children to inevitably mess up and leave it everywhere.
3. I personally think that the early chibi style is cute, but I like the later styles even better.
The early style made everything look distorted IMO. But I do enjoy the later style much more.

I know I seem pessimistic. But that's how I see it[#2].

Orang
November 30th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Yay, I voted. I don't know how it'll make a difference, but at least I did something for this great manga. :P
Though I voted randomly for the other categories, lol. I have no idea at all about western comics, really.

As for your thread in SPPf, I think the mod just had no idea about what s/he did. All the posts looks fine for me, actually.
SPPf isn't such a bad place. It's just bigger than PC. Bigger community = More jerks.

Netto Azure
November 30th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Seeing that there isn't a the pokémon manga. Yes, I do. What other reason would I post in this part of the forum. All I'm saying is that the award is just from Nick Magazine.

Even though I would like better drawings. :P

Well yeah it is Nick Magazine...But some type of recognition would be nice....Because the sad thing is...every time I go to PC and somebody sees me, It's always with the mocking of the 1st Anime Season and "You wanna be a PM Master?" @_@ But it's still surprising everytime I find out that the Game is still played a lot in HS.

Anyways the PokeSpe manga needs more advertising and linking to Mangafox XD since the kiddie anime stereotype is stuck with the Pokemon Franchise...

The art is fine for me though...I actually like it =P But it's your taste though. ^__^

Mileyangel
December 1st, 2008, 09:33 AM
I know I seem pessimistic. But that's how I see it[#2].

Ha! Join the club. I would probably be classified as emo if I didn't have blond hair and a tendency to laugh. My main cause of anger: Disney. HSM and all of those teenybopper shows need to STOP. Sorry. Off-topic.

Sea Guardian
December 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM
^ I know how you feel, I'd be emo too if I didn't have blond hair or wear bright colors everyday.
On topic: Does it hurt to take 5 minutes out of your day to vote for it? What's the worst that could happen?(for all you other pessimistic people I really don't need that question answered so please don't try)

Vernikova
December 1st, 2008, 06:25 PM
On topic: Does it hurt to take 5 minutes out of your day to vote for it? What's the worst that could happen?(for all you other pessimistic people I really don't need that question answered so please don't try)

I voted actually. I was so close to voting for Fruits Basket but decided to vote for PokéSpecial. It was really quick and easy I guess.

Off-tpoic: As for your thread in SPPf, I think the mod just had no idea about what s/he did. All the posts looks fine for me, actually.
SPPf isn't such a bad place. It's just bigger than PC. Bigger community = More jerks. The people that were posting in it were spamming though.

*Hides because I'm on Serebii*

bubblewrap
December 1st, 2008, 08:14 PM
Well yeah it is Nick Magazine...But some type of recognition would be nice....Because the sad thing is...every time I go to PC and somebody sees me, It's always with the mocking of the 1st Anime Season and "You wanna be a PM Master?" @_@ But it's still surprising everytime I find out that the Game is still played a lot in HS.

Anyways the PokeSpe manga needs more advertising and linking to Mangafox XD since the kiddie anime stereotype is stuck with the Pokemon Franchise...

The art is fine for me though...I actually like it =P But it's your taste though. ^__^

Exactly. Ash Ketchup makes the whole Pokemon franchise seem kiddie and stupid. I love the Pokespecial art, the chibi one was cute, but I really like the later styles. I can't choose.
I'm on Serebii too. I go on PC more, after that though.

Off-topic...@ Mileyangel, I know how you feel. But, I have pale skin and brown hair, so people think I'm "emo". I hate it. Especially when I wear black. I look like such an outcast with my hyper, bright colour wearing friends. xD

Vernikova
December 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
How does Satoshi make the series look kiddie if it's already aimed at kids?

On topic: When do we get the results for the contest?

GunSaberSeraph
December 2nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
How does Satoshi make the series look kiddie if it's already aimed at kids?

Om topic: When do we get the results for the contest?

Not until spring of next year, apparently.

Sea Guardian
December 2nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
^D*mn! Next year? Do they really need that long?

bubblewrap
December 14th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I guess they do. D8
But, they are releasing Pokespecial in America again. 8D Yay~
Maybe VIZ read this topic or something.... or just wanted to try Pokespecial again after seeing it nominated.

Sea Guardian
December 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM
^Super yay!
Now I can finally buy some volumes! ^_^

SethCullen
December 15th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Woah cool.

I think KH might win though.

Sea Guardian
December 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM
^Naruto is probably gonna win something too-_-

Makeshiftjay
December 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Yep Cool 15 pokemon Yere

bubblewrap
December 19th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Now WHAT did you exactly say? It didn't exactly... make sense.

pong08
December 19th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Now WHAT did you exactly say? It didn't exactly... make sense.

I think he meant to say that he's 15 years old and is proud that he's still into pokemon. Meh, I'm 19...so I WIN.

moments.
December 19th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Wow that's awesome for Pokemon I guess.
I didn't actually think it would be in the top 5 so that's a surprise.

bubblewrap
December 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Me too. Apparently, Pokespecial isn't as forgotten as we all thought.

Vernikova
December 20th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Or maybe it was voted for because it's Pokémon? That's a possibility I guess.

Makeshiftjay
December 20th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Sorry I need 15 Posts To Be Honest I Think Naruto Is Going To Win

PokemonMasterRazir
December 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Its the thought that counts,Jay.

Thundєr
December 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Apparently for this magazine, viz decided to redo Pokemon Special.

GunSaberSeraph
December 20th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Maybe it was a conpspriacy? Viz paid Nick Magazine to nominate PokeSpe so more people will be aware of it when the reprint comes out next year? In that case I don't mind that kind of conspiracy, PokeSpe deserves it!

bubblewrap
December 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Or maybe it was voted for because it's Pokémon? That's a possibility I guess.

It probably is~ That's why it's good. I hope kids will be like "Pokemon?" *votes for Pokemon out of impulse.*

Sea Guardian
December 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
^I think thats what we're all hoping for at this point-_-

Netto Azure
December 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Oh so it got in there. I'm happy. If that "conspiracy" is true then more power to PokeSupe! ^_^
Just hope people will like it.

bubblewrap
January 13th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Haha, that conspiracy can be true. xD
Well, I stile my cousin's Nick magazine. Nothing about the manga awards whatsoever. D8
Maybe in the next issue. Meh, does it take them that long to count votes?!? -.-'

Dominus Temporis
January 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Maybe they're waiting in case any late votes come in before the deadline? They do have to write magazines a little while in advance, so I think the results might be in the next issue.

I'm skeptical that Special will win, but I sure hope it does.

bubblewrap
January 15th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I'm skeptical that Special will win, but I sure hope it does.

I second that. Naruto is really popular. D8

I like Naruto, but I think its had its time to shine. Share the spotlight with Pokespecial!

pong08
January 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I second that. Naruto is really popular. D8

I like Naruto, but I think its had its time to shine. Share the spotlight with Pokespecial!

Pokespecial's gotta win and viz better not stop publishing it.

OokamiShipper
January 22nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Oh my good-ness, that's great! I hope it won! Or at least didn't get last place, you know people these days, they don't like Pokemon. T^T
I'd vote a thousand times, even if I'd had to buy I thousand Magizines, but is it too late to vote right now?

GunSaberSeraph
January 22nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
You can vote online. The address is one the scan in the first post.

Nnoitra Jiruga
January 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
D'aw D :
I would so vote fer that < 33

HoneyBubbles
January 28th, 2009, 09:22 AM
PokeSpecial and Fruuba are the only manga I'd even consider voting for on that list.
I hope Pokemon Special wins. Fruits Basket has enough fame, and Naruto is overrated. D:

Clonage
January 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM
OMG that awsome! (I wish i can vote...)
I never thought that pokemon would ever make it! (TAKE THAT NARUTO!!!)
not that i dislike naruto its just overused and the plot is getting old...

The Ebon Blade
January 28th, 2009, 02:49 PM
how long ago did this happen?

bubblewrap
January 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
@ Clonage: I feel the exact same way. D:

@ Ebon Blade: November.

Hmm... I'm reading Kingdom Hearts II, and it's a good manga. Also Fruits Basket. Worthy competitors.

Mitja K
January 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM
So how does it go with the magazine, who won?

dekelm12
February 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
I like it! =]
I have voted too !!
:)

bubblewrap
February 25th, 2009, 05:24 PM
So how does it go with the magazine, who won?

I don't know yet. Damn, how long does it take people to count votes? >.>

By the way, I love your avatar. :D

I like it! =]
I have voted too !!
:)

Thanks for voting! *Gives "I voted for Pokespecial" button*

Mitja K
February 26th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I don't know yet. Damn, how long does it take people to count votes? >.>

By the way, I love your avatar. :D

Oh thanks^^. NaruSaku "peace".
On topic:The people to count the votes are really lazy when you ask me...or they lost interest in it (bad thing).

bubblewrap
March 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Well, I don't know who won yet, since my lil cousin's subscription to Nick ended. >.>

EDIT: I checked the site and we'll know who won on March 17. Voting has ended.

chamo-chan
March 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Well, I don't know who won yet, since my lil cousin's subscription to Nick ended. >.>

EDIT: I checked the site and we'll know who won on March 17. Voting has ended.

*Crosses fingers*

Please pokespe, win and beat Naruto.

*wishes*

Mitja K
March 8th, 2009, 10:03 AM
*Crosses fingers*

Please pokespe, win and beat Naruto.

*wishes*

That will be hard, Naruto is really good(especially now, look at my signature and you will now). If it could, should both win. Dont understand me false, i like both pokespe and Naruto equally^^.

Spectacular Hero
March 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah it will or has been Pokemon Special or Naruto both of them are really good and tied up when it comes to entertainment.

bubblewrap
March 8th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I like Naruto, it's just that Naruto's gotten so many awards, Pokespe should get an award. :c

Mitja K
March 8th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I like Naruto, it's just that Naruto's gotten so many awards, Pokespe should get an award. :c

Well there is a difference between Naruto and Pokespe. They both are mangas and have good plots, but Pokespe doesn´t have an Anime adaption like Naruto. I think because of that, not alot people know of it...

bubblewrap
March 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Well there is a difference between Naruto and Pokespe. They both are mangas and have good plots, but Pokespe doesn´t have an Anime adaption like Naruto. I think because of that, not alot people know of it...

Yeah, I think that's why nobody knows about it. People know about Ash and co. but nobody has a clue about Pokespe since it's just a manga. :c

Jagecht
March 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Pok'emon and One Peice are the only manga worth mentioning in the list.

And forgetting C&H? C'mon now...

Mitja K
March 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Pok'emon and One Peice are the only manga worth mentioning in the list.

And forgetting C&H? C'mon now...

Whatever...i personally dont like One piece...lets just hope the best for Pokespe. At least a little glory for it^^.

bubblewrap
March 17th, 2009, 07:03 PM
HEY!
Good news!
Pokespecial won! c:

*rejoice*

Lol, we didn't even need Serebii's help. xD

GunSaberSeraph
March 17th, 2009, 07:12 PM
What?!?

IT. ACTUALLY. WON.

Against popular stuff like One Piece and Naruto.

OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!

I happy though. Just Surprised.

bubblewrap
March 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
^ That's exactly what I felt. Happy, yet surprised. xDD
OMGWTFBBQ!!!1111234one
Lol, I was like, "Am I dreaming? o.O"

chamo-chan
March 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
HEY!
Good news!
Pokespecial won! c:

*rejoice*

Lol, we didn't even need Serebii's help. xD

*jawdrop*

Really? Really really really?

:D :D :D :D :D
yay~

*dances around*

Crystal-Heart
March 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM
All the manga on that list is great!
I'm very happy to see PokeSpe, Kingdom Hearts II, and Fruits Basket on that list.

Its great to hear that PokeSpe won! Maybe they'll release them all now.
Any scan to show this?

Netto Azure
March 18th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Link us up please!!!! 8D 8D 8D

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS SURREAL!!!!! XDDDD

YAY FOR POKEMON SPECIAL!

*Gets Dia to makez teh Poffin*

Mitja K
March 18th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Finally good news. It seems people like this version of pokemon a lot^^. Thanks for telling us.

RubyJB88
March 18th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Wow, it actually won? Congratulations! Need to see the proof.

Kimicatdemon
March 26th, 2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.nick.com/shows/nick_mag/comicAwards/index.jhtml

That's all folks. 8'D

Mika555
March 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM
That is great that Pokemon Special won. Even if something seems impossible their is always a small chances that it can happen.:)

Andelc
March 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah Pokemon's coming back to main spotlight popularity!
and I heard that there releasing complete issues of pokemon adventures,
not just "best of" and in july.

You probly already heard though.

pong08
March 31st, 2009, 09:10 PM
OMG.....IT ACTUALLY WON?!?!?!?! I would have never thought that day would actually come. I seriously we were gonna get pwned by naruto and fruits basket. But we actually won?!?! People actually remember this manga?!

Hooray! Now here comes the time for the reprint of the manga (Hopefully) and not stopping the publishing this TIME.