PDA

View Full Version : How would you deal with...?

Yuukihime
November 20th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Well. Gomenasai if this isn't posted in the right place but I'n quite new to posting in other forums besides the role-play forums. And hopefully I've read the rules quite well that this an elligibale thread to be posted in the "other chat" forums.

Anyway back with my topic.

After recently losing my cat "Roxy" due to old age and now finding out that my other cat "Yogi" has just been paralyzed by a stroke [possibly] We have consoidered putting him down an all though it saddens me deeply I've always wondered...And I know its happened to alot of people.

How would/have you dealt with the loss a family member/pet/friend? I've wondered this for quite awhile. How did you deal with the loss of your pet or family member when it happened?

Sal Kar
November 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Hermmm.
Well when my grandpa died I was pretty depressed,
but to be honest he wasn't my true grandpa.
I actually only have a true grandma and great grandma because my parents are divorced,
so it kinda screws everything up when it comes to whos on my real bloodline or not.
But anyway,
he died when i was like 11, so it doesnt really affect me.

Gerri Shin
November 20th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I had to put down my dog about 2 christmases ago, It was a hard christmas without him, but after a while I guess I just grew used to him not being around anymore and moved on. I would say give it about a month or so if you put a pet down before considering if you want another pet.

jasonresno
November 20th, 2008, 09:51 PM
If you do have to put down your kitty, which is sad, don't ever try to replace it. It'd be a disservice to both you and your next pet. Instead if you get another pet cherish it for who (s)he is and not who (s)he isn't.

JessieB
November 20th, 2008, 11:41 PM
My grandpa died in July and he was one of my closest friends, and to be honest, I'm still not over it, but I painted a picture of us together and it made me feel a little better.

I've had several pets die too, and I still miss them, but having another to comfort you makes it easier. And like jasonresno said, you can't replace a lost pet, but loving another for who they are can help :)

♣Gawain♣
November 21st, 2008, 12:01 AM
My uncle died 3 years ago, and I cried a lot. 'Cause he's my most comical and closest uncle.

Renneh
November 21st, 2008, 12:52 AM
When our dog had to be put down (suffering from cancer for years and eventually couldn't walk) I cried...then spent a while thinking about the good times... then tried to move on I suppose.

I'll always remember her but I won't cry or be upset ^^ Because even though I wish she could have stayed longer, she had a brilliant and long life.

HeidiMoose
November 21st, 2008, 02:01 AM
My family actually had to put down our 16 year old dog, Spanky, a couple Saturdays ago..
He had a melenoma, which is a very fast spreading cancer.
It happened to be in his mouth, and was working it's way up to his brain, and he was literally starting to go cenial.
I didn't think I'd take it as hard as I am.
After I brought home our second dog, Butters, who is actually my dog, and he's been mine since the day he was born, I stopped paying as much attention to Spanky, due to excitement with Butters..

I'm not coping with it as well as I wish I would.
I've hardly eaten.
I find myself crying a lot when I look at his "designated chair" or when I look down on my bedroom floor where he slept every night for two months straight before he was put down.. or even when I'm playing with Butters.
And I'm often finding myself regretting that I never took him on as many walks as I could have, or as many car rides as he wanted to go on..
Or that after I brought Butters home, the fact that I stopped paying as much attention to him.
On an average night, I can't even fall asleep until 5 o'clock or so..

I hope it gets better soon.
I know life will go on eventually.
But Spanky's the first pet I ever had to put down.
And he's been around since before I can even remember things.

But the important thing to remember when putting an animal down is to know that they're not in pain anymore. They're not suffering anymore. And that they're being taken care of in a better place, and they're still always watching out for you in spirit.

Tater Tot
November 21st, 2008, 05:28 AM
My cat Brady died in the beginning of October. I was in shock. Upset, but in shock. I really just put my mind on other things, (even though it was hard, since that was all my family talked about) and I was fine. I posted around on PC, watched television, and I was fine. If I can get my mind off of something, I will be fine. Some things are harder than others, but I will still be okay sooner of later. And my comfort is in the fact that they are in a much better place now, and now that someone/something is already dead, I don't have to worry about the day that they die, because they're lights have already been knocked out.

Cassino
November 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Cat, actually older than me by about a year. She died naturally of old age at thirteen.
For me there's nothing to deal with, death is part of the cycle of life, how things move on in the world.

Yuukihime
November 21st, 2008, 05:11 PM
Update on Yogi.

Well we had to put him down today at least his free ^_^ and the fact that he can pee again ._. [long story] anyway they put him down today. He can move and walk around again and wag his tail. I'm happy that he's moved on it isn't fair to him or me to be sad. So

Adios Yogi.

???-2008

a big lovable oaf.

1stGenNut
November 22nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
I lost my Nanna on the 31st January this year, and it hit me so hard - first time ever in my life I lost someone so close to me - I just fell apart at the funeral, seeing my cousins and mother in tears just made me break apart you know?

We put her ashes in a garden near some other relatives, and you know what? We talk to her whenever we go up and clear the garden - we put in fresh flowers, and have a little natter. We talk to a picture of her in the living room, like, saying Good Night to her.

It's a simple way of just...moving on really. I still think about her lots, I sometimes shed tears.

You just can't stay depressed forever. My Nanna wouldn't anyone to be like that. :(

wakachamo
November 22nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
You're in disbelief.

You're in shock.

You cry.

You mourn.

You suffer.

You live with it.

Life moves on.

Godot17
November 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
Fortunately, I've never ever felt what it feels like to loose a close relative due to death. I've lost pets, but never deaths. If it ever happens, it would be very new to me. I just hope it doesn't happen until later in my life.

UraharaSteph
June 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM
When it comes to pets... I am normally quite strong with it all... But I'm dreading when it's time for my cat Muffin has to go... She's classed as part of my family and I could never deal with out her. I suppose I would get a new cat, but I know that I just wouldn't feel right with a 'replacement'.

As for human deaths I suppose there are three major ones that have affected me in some way:

The death of a friend who I had known for a good few years. He was hit by a man driving a Van. The guy behind the wheel hit my friend after having an epileptic fit. I was devastated to find out what happened to my friend. His glasses had been rammed through his head, and the back of his skull and head was falling off, so his brains was visible... Even though I have never saw this, just the image of what I imagine it to be has been something too terrible to live with. The only way I can deal with this is to just forget it ever happened, but it isn't easy when I really miss him.

The Death of my Baby Brother has been a very angered one. My brother was premature and he was in breech position in my mum's womb. The Doctors were messing about, most of them trying to chat up the nurses. They left my mum saying she would be fine. My baby brother (Joshua) Was then coming and the Docs were soon rushing around. They finally got Joshua out, but he was having breathing difficulties and everything. He died not long after birth. It's clear to see his difficulties came from being left in breech position. I haven't dealt with this very well. I just had to convince myself that I didn't know him, so I shouldn't feel sorrow... Not a good way to deal with it. I don't suggest it.

The Death Of My Great nan. The most recent one... I'm still not finding a way to deal with this as it only happened a few months ago...

Amachi
June 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Don't revive threads older than 30 days.