PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal

Honest
November 25th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Ever Felt Suicidal?
I have. Actually, right now. Dont ask why....

Gumball Watterson
November 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Maybe a few times, but I never really got all emo and stuff. Suicidal is kinda strong, try using Emo, or depressed. But no, not suicidal.

Cassino
November 25th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I have felt this way. That will be all.

jane18
November 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM
uhh i i have felt that way a couple of times, but i wouldnt never do it though.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
November 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I have never felt this way, but hey, after a close friend killed herself, I can only say that IMO, generally if one of your alternatives to your troubles (as heavy as they might be) is suicide, it's because you've become a very egoistic, stupid person.

Michii
November 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I've had the desire to die and not feel anymore pain, but it has never gotten to the point where I wanted to physically kill myself. I've had the thoughts. You know, the "just get the knife and slit your wrists" thoughts, but I always remind myself that I'm just tired and/or stressed and just need to relax. Life's too short to make it shorter.

Candy Christina
November 25th, 2008, 04:36 PM
No. I would never resort to something like this because I feel this is just taking the easy way out or even consider doing it.

Kenshin5
November 25th, 2008, 05:25 PM
No I have never felt like killing myself.And have no desire to its not like it would help me or anyone else.

Volkner's Apprentice
November 25th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I have never felt this way, but hey, after a close friend killed herself, I can only say that IMO, generally if one of your alternatives to your troubles (as heavy as they might be) is suicide, it's because you've become a very egoistic, stupid person.

^---that. End of story. It's called keep on going, folks.

ANARCHit3cht
November 25th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Oh my god no. No, no, no... That is just.. wrong and selfish. Why kill your self, when you still have much to do, and there are people on this earth that care for you? And TRUST me.. at least one person cares for you, and you dieing.. would be tough on them. I have never-NEVER felt that way, nor do I intend to. Suicide is wrong.

Aurafire
November 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM
No, I've never been suicidal. There are a lot better ways to deal with your problems besides killing yourself....It's also a pretty stupid and selfish thing to do =/

Virtual Chatot
November 25th, 2008, 06:33 PM
In my early stages of puberty, I did have the desire to kill myself. I don't know of if it was the raging hormones or the fact that girls laughed at my new found pimples.

I'm alright now though, and now instead of pimples I have the marks of lipstick ;3

Wish
November 25th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Heh, when I was a bit younger I have thought the thought, "Maybe the world will be better if I didn't exist," but I have never thought about suicide. Try looking at the positives instead of the negatives. I try to relax and by the next day you feel better. I have never slit my wrists or anything like that, I did however stab my self with my pen, that was a long time ago, however. =_="

Saltare.
November 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Never. Thinking suicidal is very bad for anyone you know, people care about you. But no, I have never, ever thought of going suicidal or any thoughts of it

Caelus
November 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I've felt suicidal when I was just starting puberty, but it doesn't affect me much due to me being much more optimistic now than then. Personally, I don't think its worth it, but thats just from my perspective.

Patchisou Yutohru
November 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Death is actually something I fear the most in life, so considering ending my life for whatever reason is strange for me to ever want to do. When my mother passed away, I wondered what it would be like without me around in my home, but that was about it. Sure, on the occasion when I'm gravely ill, I'd wish that I was dead, but the actual thought of ending my own life would never come in my hands willingly. However, I did go through a very depressed stage in my life. But that's irrelevant since suicidal thoughts weren't really included in that for me.

Plant360
November 25th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Never suicidal... Very depressed, but not emo or suicidal or anything like that...

Lie Ren
November 25th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I have my down moments.. >__>

buuuut that was mostly when I was in highschool.

Not so much within the past year or so.

Soul Eater
November 25th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Maybe a few times but I've only had thoughts and usually if I cried out what was bothering me instead of grabbing that sharp knife to stab myself with, I felt better. Or sometimes I would rant about or try to get my mind of it for a while until I felt I was ready to solve the problem again. I've NEVER gotten close to ever committing suicide and that's all because I have so many people that would love and miss me, plus I am actually afraid of death. ;;

Phixum
November 25th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I have felt suicidal multiple times, most of which were during this year. I'm hoping that I'm slowly getting over it and actually becoming more "happy".

kohei
November 26th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Why would I feel suicidal when I'm so lucky with having good food, a bed and good relationships with people in my surroundings?

peirateis
November 26th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I was pretty suicidal a few years back, right about when my family was falling apart because of my brother being addicted to drugs, my sister having multiple miscarriages, and us being out of money with nobody caring about us.

Lately, though, I've been feeling more and more like I hate myself. This has led me to do things (cutting, vomiting, etc.) that I never thought I would do in a million years. I've also been having feelings of 'Nobody likes me, it would be better if I never even existed.' Some people see this as an issue, others don't care. I personally don't mind... I tell my best friend (who says that I've been acting emo lately) that I would never kill myself because I'm too much of a wimp to, and it's true.

But yeah man... talking someone else out of it is one thing; talking yourself out of it is something entirely different.

Avey
November 26th, 2008, 05:44 AM
I've been pretty depressed for the last couple of months, but I've never contemplated suicide. I don't intend to, either.

THIRTY-SIX
November 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM
[css-span=font-family:franklin gothic medium;font-family:baskerville;]Doesn't posting in this thread mean you have actually thought about it because of the thread? xD

As in because of the topic of suicide… o.o'

Anyway I did feel suicidal when I was younger. I still feel depressed here and there but not as much as before to do myself in.[/css-span]

Volkner's Apprentice
November 26th, 2008, 06:44 AM
[css-span=font-family:franklin gothic medium;font-family:baskerville;]Doesn't posting in this thread mean you have actually thought about it because of the thread? xD

Anyway I did feel suicidal when I was younger. I still feel depressed here and there but not as much as before to do myself in.[/css-span]

Well, the only reason I posted, is because I'm so against it. Tons of people around me become depressed and out of sorts and just plain "meh, just forget about me". I can't stand that. There are plenty of good things and positive outlooks in life; coming to the conclusion that death by your own hand is the answer is...well...the wrong answer. :P

Of course I understand depressing times, it can be tough to find the light at the end of the tunnel. That's what good friends are for. And PC of course. :3

Honest
November 26th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Oh my god no. No, no, no... That is just.. wrong and selfish. Why kill your self, when you still have much to do, and there are people on this earth that care for you? And TRUST me.. at least one person cares for you, and you dieing.. would be tough on them. I have never-NEVER felt that way, nor do I intend to. Suicide is wrong.

*Sigh*
I know it is, but i think it more depends on the reason say the person you like thinks your FOB And you try changing yourself, but your closest friend who sits behind her in homeroom class finds out that her opinion hasent change. THEN, you find out your same friend's girlfriend likes you, but you always stay loyal to your friends. THAT is suicidal, or at least EMO. I know i just said a lot bout myself and call me EMO. Its the way i am. Its the way i will be......

Phixum
November 26th, 2008, 02:31 PM
*Sigh*
I know it is, but i think it more depends on the reason say the person you like thinks your FOB And you try changing yourself, but your closest friend who sits behind her in homeroom class finds out that her opinion hasent change. THEN, you find out your same friend's girlfriend likes you, but you always stay loyal to your friends. THAT is suicidal, or at least EMO. I know i just said a lot bout myself and call me EMO. Its the way i am. Its the way i will be......

No offense, but I find this pretty trivial. Of course, I can't understand the confusion you're feeling because I've never been in such a situation. However, I believe nothing should drive you to committing suicide. Remember: your life is NOT ALL yours. If you die, your whole social network will be left shaken forever. Even if YOU die, THEY will pay the same price, maybe a bit more price that the one you'll pay.

Take your time, think about your problem, and act. Be smart. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. And what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :)

Honest
November 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
No offense, but I find this pretty trivial. Of course, I can't understand the confusion you're feeling because I've never been in such a situation. However, I believe nothing should drive you to committing suicide. Remember: your life is NOT ALL yours. If you die, your whole social network will be left shaken forever. Even if YOU die, THEY will pay the same price, maybe a bit more price that the one you'll pay.

Take your time, think about your problem, and act. Be smart. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. And what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :)

Hey! I never said ill do it!
*sigh*
But i know your right. My family and friend would be devatated......
So would I.

Signomi
November 26th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Come on guys, this shouldn't delve into discussion, or at least not while the thread remains in OVP. I admit, Suicide is a trivial subject that can be sensitive to touch upon. I won't close the thread since the replies I've seen here are actually pretty decent, but I will move this to Other Chat since this topic does welcome more discussion.

~Moved

Tyrantrum
November 26th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Only once, and in front of my cousin. ;-;

Jorah
November 26th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I don't think people who are saying "people who commit suicide are selfish" understand at all. You don't think "oh noes, having a bad day today...think I'll jump off a bridge". Urgh. And people calling it emo...

Before I ever got depressed, I never thought I was the type to be. Actually, I'm not even quite sure it was depression because it seems so much worse than what others say. I still hate thinking about when I was because I get scared I'll go back into that way of thinking again. I'm not quite sure I'm back to normal now. I do not hate my self or ever have, I do not think it's a waste of time bothering with me or ever have nor do I actually want to hurt my self. All I know is that it is its own seperate emotion. With me, anyway. It wasn't sadness or anger. It was quite a painful emotion, anyway. And I mean painful. :/ It's the worst pain I've ever experienced, more than physical, anyway.

I can't possibly describe what I felt, just the thoughts I had at the time

Anyway, I was content with life and couldn't understand how people could be depressed or suicidal - isn't it great gift that you're just alive? Well, I don't want to go into too much detail cause I still hate thinking about it, but I ended up thinking life was pointless. It's a complete state of mind...you try to forget about it, you try to just talk to people, you try to laugh, but it's always at the back of your mind and I dreaded the times when I would have time to think about it fully because I would feel disconnected with everyone else...not like they weren't there or that they didn't care, it's hard to explain. I would feel unable to talk to them and suddenly would pull out of the conversation, because I thought it was pointless. I loved the few seconds where I would try and make myself laugh at some joke because I wasn't thinking about it. But then it comes back to me that everything's pointless and not really here. When I felt the worst I would shiver and shake because I thought it was pointless to be alive. I would try and think thoughts like "it's great that I'm alive and have my family" I knew that they cared and tried to think good thoughts and try and ignore the bad ones - do you honestly think I wanted to feel like that? But it was impossible, those thoughts were with me from the moment I woke up until I went to sleep. I remember wishing so much that I could go back to being content, but it was impossible and I was like this for a few weeks, while I was actually on holiday.

I thought about commiting suicide because I would no longer have to think about the pointlessness of everything, and that would be a great relief. But I kept myself going by hoping I would become better, eventually. Talking with my parents helped a little, I liked it because I felt a little better, somehow, but not much. But I would've done anything to feel better, so I did, even though I don't usually do.

About last month I thought I would commit suicide. I remember it was I was scared I would, not that I wanted to. I woke up and I was just scared I would run down stairs and stab myself or I would suffocate myself wth my bed sheets, so I got up and watched Pokemon and felt better :/ Odd...it was quite random. I do not want to die, I just find it odd that the way you think can effect you so much...

jasonresno
November 26th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Suicide is a selfish, stupid, attention staring action. Completely irredeemable. If you're alive then you be damned happy about it and cherish the life that you get to live when so many other people out there tragically lose them without a choice.

You got problems? So what. Fix them. And yeah, it is as easy as that. You are in control of your life and YOU can find the better path.

Thrace
November 27th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Committing suicide is one of the most selfish things you can do. I can't even imagine how I would feel if someone I knew killed themselves. I would never do it. I don't understand why people perform self-mutilation either. In my eyes only people who are weak consider it as an option.

On a lighter note I did jokingly think about it while I was studying at the library today for my Chemistry exam. :P

Ripper
November 27th, 2008, 02:21 AM

I feel exactly the same way.

Then again, if we're talking about suicide for reasons other than, "man, I hate myself and everyone else" I think it can be justified. For instance, if someone is hindered some way, either physically or mentally, I mean, what's the use in having life if 95% of the time you're in physical pain, i.e. through some form of disease (I know through severe eczema).

Honest
November 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Suicide is a very sensative problem. You cant really avoid the feeling/urge, can you?
I dont think so.

xoBoxxy
November 28th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I felt suicidal 2 months ago, but I don't anymore.
My lifes getting better.

Hawkfish
November 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM
A long time ago. But, since then I always found something to live for..

yvette
November 28th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I don't think suicide is selfish, because it's your choice of what you want to do with your life. Maybe other people should just start to accept that. It may be hard to get over a death if it's somebody close to you, but in the end, you find a way to accept it, sort of. If someone close to me suicides, I will be sad, yes, but I'll just have to get over it and move on, because I don't own that person and even if their reason is a selfish one, I will just have accept the reality.

Milke
November 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I've never really felt suicidal. And if I did, what would happen to my pokemon? O.O

ErickaVolt
November 28th, 2008, 08:14 PM
No, I've never been thinking to that. And probably, I only get depressed once a month. I just don't like that idea.

Honest
November 29th, 2008, 01:55 PM
It is really easy to get depressed. It can all start with a cold...

The Riddler
December 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I've been only depresed, but not suicidal...But when I mean depressed, I mean REALY EMO...

>Feelings<
December 5th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Life is full of negativities, so whenever you get even close to feeling sucidial, think that, "My most important thing is my life. Why will I lose this? If someone or something has made me feel sucidial, they are the ones to be moved out of my way"

I felt sucidial in my life once when I was near ten years old. Ever since I thought the above statement, I think different about the whole matter. Now I plan to fin... ...Ahh, for a random forum on the internet, I reveal too much about my thoughts, it seems...

Hawkfish
December 5th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I think suicide is selfish since it hurts the ones around you so much... To kill yourself off is cold. Since your love ones pay the price.

devilicious
December 5th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Long ago I did atempt suicide, but now I realize how foolish that was. After that, I have grown apathetic to depression and haven't tried anything of the like. I've been happier too, so I have no reason to, anyway.

Charliezard
December 5th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Anyway, I was content with life and couldn't understand how people could be depressed or suicidal - isn't it great gift that you're just alive? Well, I don't want to go into too much detail cause I still hate thinking about it, but I ended up thinking life was pointless. It's a complete state of mind...you try to forget about it, you try to just talk to people, you try to laugh, but it's always at the back of your mind and I dreaded the times when I would have time to think about it fully because I would feel disconnected with everyone else...not like they weren't there or that they didn't care, it's hard to explain. I would feel unable to talk to them and suddenly would pull out of the conversation, because I thought it was pointless. I loved the few seconds where I would try and make myself laugh at some joke because I wasn't thinking about it. But then it comes back to me that everything's pointless and not really here. When I felt the worst I would shiver and shake because I thought it was pointless to be alive. I would try and think thoughts like "it's great that I'm alive and have my family" I knew that they cared and tried to think good thoughts and try and ignore the bad ones - do you honestly think I wanted to feel like that? But it was impossible, those thoughts were with me from the moment I woke up until I went to sleep. I remember wishing so much that I could go back to being content, but it was impossible and I was like this for a few weeks, while I was actually on holiday.

That's pretty much me at the moment. Although I also think that everyone elses lives are meaningful and they are content. Pretty much everything says otherwise but it's a thought I can't shake
I've contemplated suicide on numerous occasions, but I don't know, I guess lmao it all seems so pointless now...

I'm at the point where I almost want to be a sacrifice for someone, like take a bullet (Never gonna happen ._. just a lame example), donate my organs while they're all good. But I can also see living as a sacrifice to help others... So it's not completely suicidal.

the bitter end.
December 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I've had the desire to die and not feel anymore pain, but it has never gotten to the point where I wanted to physically kill myself. I've had the thoughts. You know, the "just get the knife and slit your wrists" thoughts, but I always remind myself that I'm just tired and/or stressed and just need to relax. Life's too short to make it shorter.

You've pretty much summed me up.

houston
December 5th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Well, I have to say, yeah, it happened to me a couple of times but only during some kind of depressions. I guess almost everyone does feel suicidal at some point in their life, and despite it happened to me...I agree, it is a selfish thing to do. Altough in some cases I believe we can't really blame someone for it, but that would be going a little deeper on the subject.

Haza
December 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I have never felt this way. But I may have felt homicidal a few times! ^.^ IM JUST SAYING I HAVE TOO MUCH TO LIVE FOR.

Trap-Eds
December 5th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Well, I've been depressed in the past-who hasn't? But like everyone else is saying, it's not a good idea to kill yourself. You'll just be hurting everyone else around you. They'll be asking, why? why? WHY???? until it drives them crazy or they move on-because when you die, you can't come back.

Trace
December 6th, 2008, 02:18 AM
I got really, really, really depressed about six months back. Of course, I thought about suicide. I also had a dream in that time period where I had actually killed the person that was causing this, which was completely unlike me. Of course, it was only once, and it never happened again. It was all around the most trivial thing, nonetheless.

But that was six months ago. I'm completely fine now.

Honest
December 6th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I feel fine now. I was really EMO a few weeks ago, but I feel fine now.
Actually, I feel great!

olearye273
December 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
well i thought i had but im only 12 lol.... probably just i was a bit stressed (i didnt really like my new school) hmmm

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
December 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Weirdly, about a week ago, last saturday, I just suddenyl felt completely depressed. Seriously, I just woke up and had to try not to cry. But then, by sunday, i was fine again. weird...

Thomas
December 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I thought we weren't doing threads like this after the T-Dome fiasco...

Ripper
December 7th, 2008, 11:53 PM
What is this fiascoe you speak of?

Ascaris
December 8th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I've not nor do I plan to.

Cyberboy
December 8th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I thought we weren't doing threads like this after the T-Dome fiasco...

Fiasco?

(Great as if I wasnt uneasy about posting on this thread already :S)

But yeah anyway. I've felt suicidal before, I think most people have... But all these people saying suicide is selfish? i think It kinda depends on the reason.

I'm probably going more into the ethnics than the emotional side of it here, but were any of us ever asked if we want a life? No we were just thrown into this world.
And you wither get on with it, or you don't but all these people saying suicide is selfish I think you first have to understand the reason of that person for doing it.

Topics like this are weird to me. I like them because it brings out all the bigger perspectives of life and just makes you think about why we're alive ect but at the same time I think I'd rather not know. Is ignorance bliss?

Conman
December 8th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I used to feel sucidal when I was younger...not anymore though. Though I do have a heavy philosophy of life being mostly pointless if that has anything to do with this.

----------------
Listening to: Lupe Fiasco - Fighters (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lupe+fiasco/track/fighters)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

The Wave
December 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
well, if I'm depressed, then I do think about suicidal. but I never got the urge to actually DO that. mainly because I'm a stupid scary chicken, and I think about what might happen when I commit suicide.

♣Gawain♣
December 9th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Nope. I always tell myself "Hope will always come whatever the problem is".

Dusclord
December 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Who hasn't yet ? =\

But it's selfish, just think about people who like you... and if you kill yourself you just bother the police and the guy who discovers your body, d'oh.

sims796
December 10th, 2008, 12:56 AM
No. No I have not. Not at all.

POKEARC3NCIEL
December 10th, 2008, 02:38 AM
When my cats (that I had for like umm... 7 years ago) were dead. I started having depression. But I stood up and had vengeance.
I just dont know where.

HeidiMoose
December 11th, 2008, 01:30 AM
There have been many defining moments in my life where I wish I could have just died instead of having to go through them.

I have - at one point - cut myself (well.. carved myself, rather). But it wasn't because I wanted to die.. it was more of a "pain I can control" sort of thing.. because emotional pain is something a person generally has no control over - at least in my case. Fortunately, this stage only lasted about.. a month or so.. with only a few scars to show for it. And I did learn something from it.

Anyway.. the original point I was trying to get at is that there have been times where I wished I could have died instead of go through the pain I had to go through.. but as any smart person should tell themselves if they feel that desperate in any given situation.. :

Suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem.

Besides.. I know someone who has a baby with a girl who tried to commit suicide.. and even though he absolutely hates her, he still shed thousands of tears for her. It even made me cry, and I hardly know her, definetely don't like her from what I do know, and don't really care about her or value her life. She didn't actually die, but her attempt to still effected those around her. Had she actually succeeded, the tears would have multiplied and the hurt would have been much more intense..
It's not fair to make others go through the pain of losing someone they love because that person wanted to be so selfish that they had to end their own life to solve their problems.
Especially in this girl's case.. having a 1 1/2 year old baby.. not that she takes care of the baby or cares about the baby at all.. just uses it to get what she wants from the baby's dad..

Point said: Suicide is selfish, and there's always another alternative. There's help out there for you, and there's always someone out there who loves you.
(Yes - even if you're a wandering Hobo)

Mooshykris
December 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I will simply say that I've had moments where I've felt the world would be better off without me. But I have never...EVER thought of suicide. I think it is pointless, and worthless. Not to mention I think it's absolutely insane to try to hurt yourself.

~Mooshykris

Eternal Nightmare
December 11th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Nah, I dont get emo and I dont get suicidal. My life isnt perfect but not anything to kill myself over.

Zennyo Ryūō
December 11th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I feel "a bit emo" sometimes, but not so extreme to kill myself. ^^;

ToshiroSato
December 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I just simply can't think about it. How selfish can a person be by taking their own life for their own gain. Think about your family and your friends, how do you think they would feel. Thats why those thought NEVER go through my head.