PDA

View Full Version : The Thread about Locking Threads

captainfez3
November 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I understand why Moderators exist, especially in forums where a lot of people can post mindless trash, but there are a few things that are funny to me.

1. I'm always mad when one of my threads gets locked, even when it deserves to be locked. I can't explain it, but I get over it pretty fast, just something I'd thought I'd share.

2. There is almost always someone who is not a moderator who says something about how your thread will be locked the moment before it is locked. Again, this bothers me.

All right, I just thought I'd get that off my chest in a place where it is virtually is impossible to get a thread locked. Oh, and if a mod locks this then... _______ you.

Angela
November 25th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I understand why Moderators exist, especially in forums where a lot of people can post mindless trash, but there are a few things that are funny to me.

1. I'm always mad when one of my threads gets locked, even when it deserves to be locked. I can't explain it, but I get over it pretty fast, just something I'd thought I'd share.

2. There is almost always someone who is not a moderator who says something about how your thread will be locked the moment before it is locked. Again, this bothers me.

All right, I just thought I'd get that off my chest in a place where it is virtually is impossible to get a thread locked. Oh, and if a mod locks this then... _______ you.
And the point of that is?

Actually I sometimes am relived when a mod locks my threads, like the religion one, I really just wanted to state my opinion not to get the members to massive spam:D, but I also wanted a debate, but you can't get everything:D

So nice work on that one Chan.

Metatron
November 25th, 2008, 04:36 PM

1. Maybe you should just y'know...stop making threads that you know will get locked? Seriously, if it's happened so many other times before to you, you should probably get a feel for what's appropriate for this forum, and what isn't.

2. "...This is gonna get locked, you know. Just a little heads-up."
Yeah. I'm that guy.

Angela
November 25th, 2008, 04:38 PM
1. Maybe you should just y'know...stop making threads that you know will get locked? Seriously, if it's happened so many other times before to you, you should probably get a feel for what's appropriate for this forum, and what isn't.

Yeah. I'm that guy.
Yes you are that guy who does something similar to mini moding *Just kidding*, I would not be surprised *says surprised like Jim Carrey in series of unfortunate events* if you also reported this thread,,

I agree, if you have a feeling in your guts it's gonna get locked the don't post it,, Seriously.

Syndrome
November 25th, 2008, 04:40 PM
All right, I just thought I'd get that off my chest in a place where it is virtually is impossible to get a thread locked. Oh, and if a mod locks this(which they will) then... _______ you.(Someones grumpy....)

This thread seriously is pointless......

captainfez3
November 25th, 2008, 04:45 PM

Yeah. I'm that guy.

1. I don't make 'em on purpose. I usually place 'em in the wrong place and they lock them because they don't want to move 'em or I post about something that apparently is "irrelevant".

Besides, some mods are just power crazy. Most of the time dumb or irrelevant threads would just die off, because people will ignore them anyway. I think Moderators are only necessary to ban people. If you get some idiot who keeps flaming or spamming, then kick him off. Most of the time, people are respectful enough to stop when someone tells them anyway.

2. You are eh? Well, good. Life would be boring without an antagonist or two. :D

This thread seriously is pointless......

YOU are seriously pointless. Naw, just kidding.

Chibi-chan
November 25th, 2008, 04:51 PM

Why would you make a thread that deserves to be locked in the first place? Come on now, you're trying to make yourself upset.

That's called mini-modding. It's something that people should not do. If they think it should be locked, they should report it.

This is a discussion forum. Not vent about 'things I do myself to aggravate myself' forum.
:rambo:

Amachi
November 25th, 2008, 04:55 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/f1cv7t.png
I felt like making my contribution to the thread.