PDA

View Full Version : Abortion

Sublime
November 26th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Yet another debate topic. You should know the rules, no flaming others opinions, no spam, no off-topic.

This one is on the touchy subject of abortion. For, or against. Why, or why not? Explain all here.

As for myself, I am 100% against abortion. I cannot stand that sickening proccess, no matter what the reason may be.

For one thing, ABORTION IS MURDER. No matter what way you look at it; abortion is taking the innocent life of a child. A CHILD. Not even seen the light of day, and they take his/her chance at life.

Some people try to make it seem better by bringing in rape. That is not an excuse. You can have the baby and if you don't want it the give it to an adoption agency.

Then there are the people who say "Well, I wasn't planning to get pregnant!". Those people that would rather kill an inocent child than give it a chance at life sicken me.

So those are my basic views on abortion. Care to share yours?

Xairmo
November 26th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I don't know if this topi will last long before getting closed...

Anyway, I'm Pro-Choice. I'm not Pro-Abortion, so lets just get that straight. And I don't think it's fair for you to criticize people so harshly likee that. Rape is an extremely viable arguement. Women who have been raped and keep the child often grow resentful towards the child. To them, the child is a daily remind of what happened to them. They usually abuse the child, not just physically, but emotionally as well. Quite a few of these women end up killing the child and then themself. Rape children are also known to commit suicide. Also, what if a 13 year old girl is raped by her father? Should she be forced to keep that baby because you think it's immoral? Having to go everyday looking at the child as a grimm reminder of the day her childhood and life came to an end?
I'd also like to point out the irony in the fact that the majority of Pro-Life leaders are men. There's a fairly small chance of any of them getting pregnant.

Zebra Thunderhead
November 26th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I think this is really funny for a Pokemon forum.

Sublime
November 26th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I don't know if this topi will last long before getting closed...

Anyway, I'm Pro-Choice. I'm not Pro-Abortion, so lets just get that straight. And I don't think it's fair for you to criticize people so harshly likee that. Rape is an extremely viable arguement. Women who have been raped and keep the child often grow resentful towards the child. To them, the child is a daily remind of what happened to them. They usually abuse the child, not just physically, but emotionally as well. Quite a few of these women end up killing the child and then themself. Rape children are also known to commit suicide. Also, what if a 13 year old girl is raped by her father? Should she be forced to keep that baby because you think it's immoral? Having to go everyday looking at the child as a grimm reminder of the day her childhood and life came to an end?
I'd also like to point out the irony in the fact that the majority of Pro-Life leaders are men. There's a fairly small chance of any of them getting pregnant.

[It was worth a shot, i feel this is a good debate topic]

Well that's why you send it to an adoption agency. Sure, you'll still have to live with that day in your memory for the rest of your life; but it's better than killing the innocent child or abusing it for the rest of it's life.

.inLOVE
November 26th, 2008, 05:11 PM
It's unacceptable. I supported Sarah Palin because of this. A life form is a life form, no matter how far along. Why kill it? What did it do? If you got raped, IT didn't do it. If you chose to have sex w/o protection, YOUR fault.

Sublime
November 26th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I think this is really funny for a Pokemon forum.

Well, we're seeing how debates work out here as suggested. I personally don't find it funny that a serious discussion can be held in a video game forum; I think it's a good thing.

It's unacceptable. I supported Sarah Palin because of this. A life form is a life form, no matter how far along. Why kill it? What did it do? If you got raped, IT didn't do it. If you chose to have sex w/o protection, YOUR fault.

Exactly, it's not the babies fault. the poor thing couldn't have helped being conceived.

Amachi
November 26th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, you've already made a "debate" thread today, no need to get over excited. Furthermore, debates about abortion never end pretty, and nothing changes. People will argue and argue without it going anywhere.