View Full Version : Exams X_X

November 27th, 2008, 5:47 AM
So, some exams are acomin' for me- just a weekend away. To be honest, I've never had those before- I have been homeschooled all the time before this. I've heard they're pain. Seeing my exam timetable, it looks like it. I'm pretty nervous. Any tips on how to get decent grades and not mentally tear myself to bits? : o

Note: Mods, I didn't think this worthy of the Post Your Problems thread or any other place, but feel free to move it if my judgement is wrong >__>"

November 27th, 2008, 8:54 AM
Don't leave it until the last minute. Study very often, such that you've already absorbed everything on the night of the exam.

Volkner's Apprentice
November 27th, 2008, 9:06 AM
For my first semester in college, I guess I'm lucky; given that it's community college, I'm only having one cumulative final, and that's in a computer class. X_x Everything else is just a 'last test', no harder than the others. I do have to do an essay and a power-point presentation this week, though..hm.

Well, just make sure you spread out your studying. Cramming works for very particular subjects/types of exams, but not most. Do about an hour of review a day, or however long you can spend on a subject. Take detailed notes and go over any charts/diagrams if you're good with mental images. Sleep well the night before and you're golden. ^_^

November 27th, 2008, 9:19 AM
A month ago, I took the SHSATs. It wasnt that hard cause i studied.
Note: THe SHSAT is the test to get into Stuyvasent
You study, study, STUDY!