PDA

View Full Version : Exams=Boring

Angela
December 1st, 2008, 02:52 AM
Now is that time of year when we all take exams, like I'm about to take one in about 2 hours and 15 minutes, I always find it weary boring to study for one of those and always lose focus,

I have been online and offline on here all morning, saying to myself, just one peak then go back to study, but hey I always find myself typing in the password, again, and again.
I'm weary bored, and I have done anything I possibly can to stall time, showered, dried my hair, and straightened it two times, I have walked my dog three times, I changed my profiles youtube video, and eaten a breakfast and I'm having a mandarin for brunch, I will be taking a planned lunch break in about 1 hour and 20 minutes, just to not have to study,

How many of you have had a morning like this?

And what do you do about it?

Edit:
PS I even took a break to watch Bold and the Beautiful, and wright now I'm wondering if I should watch Grays Anatomy that begins in 1 hour O_O

Chaostorm
December 1st, 2008, 03:13 AM
well for me. i always wake up in the morning Having shower, Drinking Tea. Studying Very Hard to make the exam Easier for me. but the exam becomes harder instead of easier ...... i wish if i can kick the Principal,s @#&!

but thanks god. i got 2 weeks Holiday right now :D

Angela
December 1st, 2008, 03:37 AM
That was not what I was looking for:D, but thanks for trying,

Well I have invented a trivia game and organised my desktop, that's my newest achievement;) this morning, but I managed to read through all the power point slides, thanks to Britney Spears and itunes, I managed to stay focused long enough:D

Chaostorm
December 1st, 2008, 03:42 AM
well i dont have lots of things to say about doing things at the morning. but i just saw that no one posted anything in this thread so i just liked to post and make this thread Alive since it makes sense for the Exams .....

Angela
December 1st, 2008, 03:46 AM
Yes your argument is convincing you may continue posting lol,

Ok 1 hour and 15 minutes, and Grays anatomy begins in 15 minutes, I think I might squash that in:D

ErickaVolt
December 1st, 2008, 03:51 AM
Well, when I was in High School, I actually study at night. The scheduled exam at my school is early in the morning. For me exams are not that really boring. If you have enough knowledge to answer the test, then it is easy and fun for you.

Chaostorm
December 1st, 2008, 03:52 AM
i think this Grey Anatomy is about ... Hospitality?Science? i dont watch TV alot....just when i get bored

Well, when I was in High School, I actually study at night. The scheduled exam at my school is early in the morning. For me exams are not that really boring. If you have enough knowledge to answer the test, then it is easy and fun for you.
Me 2 i study at both night and Morning. but i dont know why still the exam is hard...

Charliezard
December 1st, 2008, 04:06 AM
I don't study. I don't care whether I pass or fail Dx I always pass the exams I show up to but yeah. Study's always been over rated for me. This year was my worst year, I didn't study and I got C's and C+'s :S so prehaps next year I might study? Either way how people motivate themselves would be a good thing to see.

Chaostorm
December 1st, 2008, 04:16 AM
yes me 2 this year was my worst year. too hard Calculations in both Algebra and Geometry exams and 13 Pages English Exam

Phixum
December 1st, 2008, 06:45 AM
Well, whenever I have something similar, I usually notice how I'm avoiding studying and alert myself. I would force myself to study, and once I start studying for a while and force myself to focus, I delve into whatever the book is explaining. However, I could never hold a book and study for more than one hour; breaks are necessary.

Angela
December 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Well I have taken the exam, and I did a lot better then I thought I would;). Thank god the teacher did not mention all the stuff I didn't know:D

adventure
December 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
Exams... let's organize a mob and go kill the lot of 'em, 'kay? :3

I have one test this Wednesday, and one on Friday. They're mostly about learning boring facts, and not really thinking hard. Then I've a maths test next week, and then a physics test the week after that one. THEY are hard. Not just learning facts there T_T

I'm so bad at studying. Just like you "I'll only take a quick peek", and look at me now. I'm on PC... and I can't go away. I don't want to ;_; Because then the awful Swedish and Philosophy books are waiting for me here...

Help. Give me something to do that doesn't make me feel as guilty as watching tv or being online T_T

(lots of crying smileys here... :)

processr
December 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM
I've never had to study all too much for an exam until the very last part of the last school year, with some of my harder GCSE subjects. I'm one of those people to whom a lot of stuff comes naturally, and who sound really quite arrogant when they talk about it. But I'm not, honest! D:

My first exams at AS Level will be in January, two for Maths (oh the joys of fitting in a whole A2 Level in one year - Further Maths awaits next year!) and two for Chemistry. I'll need to start studying for all four some time soon. But not now. xD;

Alakazam17
December 1st, 2008, 11:06 AM
All throughout elementary and high school, I would only study for tests the night before, if not the day of. This included exams on the most part, with notable exceptions being Physics and Algebra. ^^

But in university, you need more than a day. I have three exams next week(three hours each, foxcry), and I've already been studying for awhile now. Though I still tend to find things to distract me. :D

Emii
December 1st, 2008, 11:07 AM
I just took my math final about 2 hours ago. I'm really fast at taking exams.. in high school, we would sit in one class for like, 2 hours just for one exam. even if it was about 80 questions, I'd still finish it in about 30 minutes though. and I'd make a good grade on it too.. but people tell me I'm a fast worker, so I guess I am.. and I hate studying, I never do. XD thank god I remember what they teach in class!

but anyway, I have a final at 10:30 tomorrow morning, then at 8:30 Wednesday morning, and my last exam is on Thursday morning at 10:30. then on December 5, I'm on Christmas break until January 14!! ^.^ lol, to me, college is so much better than high school

Kenshin5
December 1st, 2008, 11:26 AM
Exams in High School are boring for the most part I get done in have of the allotted time so I sit there waiting for the class to be over and I cant leave.In college I just take the exam and leave its nice.

The Wave
December 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
I did exams last year, and I had exact the same problem: I couldn't study. I simply even couldn't start studing, I always started and ended playing games or surfing on the internet. but I somehow even though the exams were boring, I think they were easy. I passed without any problems (especially with math o.O).

though the exams were easy even without any problems, school is now kinda harder than I'm used to. now I'm truly pushing myself to study if needed. I even ended one time plugging the pc off by myself. it's anoying, but a good thing.

I suggest those who can't study well (not that I'm doubting you guys) to push yourself as much as you can till you ARE studing. shut your pc off (unless you need it), set your favorite music on a low sound in the background or whatever's needed to set you studing.
it's though to do it at first, but if you keep trying, you'll manage to study, and you'll need to push yourself less later. really, it's better to study, you never know what to get at exams or even later. you don't want to end up to encounter things you don't knw yet you should know it. and I say that from experience.

The Instant Classic
December 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
Oh god please dont remind me about exams!

CP3
December 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
God I hated disappoinexams in middle school, can't imagine how much worse they're now that I'm in High School. I mean I go nearly insane when I have to sit for 2 and 1/2 hours. , its torture. :paranoid:

True Reign
December 1st, 2008, 04:02 PM
I had a practice exam today in math. This girl and I finished after about 30 minutes. It really wasn't that hard at all, but I still know what all of you are talking about...

English exams are a pain in the butt espeically when you don't even pay attention in that class.

Thrace
December 1st, 2008, 06:58 PM
I just sleep before exams. Its no fun if you take life seriously.

Vernikova
December 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM
I love taking some exams in certian classes. Like in my Spanish class because I'm Spanish ad it shouldn't be hard. On the otherhand, I hate Geometery exams and English exams. My Geometery exams are 80% of my grade and my English exams aren't much better. In English, I have to sit down for my whole class and write an essay about books that are more boring than Miley Cyrus watching paint dry.

Mariah Carey
December 1st, 2008, 07:05 PM
I just sleep before exams. Its no fun if you take life seriously.
I drink energy drinks. :o

I finally had my last exam today, thank god. History sucked.

Arago
December 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
No, I haven't had a morning like that. I wake up too late to even worry about things later on in the day. When I wake up, I rush to take a shower, maybe grab something to eat, and then leave the house for the majority of the day. Therefore, I don't have anytime to spend time studying or anything like that (that includes watching television in the morning when bored). Along with that, I'm usually late to school anyway.

Angela
December 2nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
No, I haven't had a morning like that. I wake up too late to even worry about things later on in the day. When I wake up, I rush to take a shower, maybe grab something to eat, and then leave the house for the majority of the day. Therefore, I don't have anytime to spend time studying or anything like that (that includes watching television in the morning when bored). Along with that, I'm usually late to school anyway.
I would have woken up later if my mom had not woken me up so I could study some more.

Well anyway, my next Exam is in 2 days:D, it's a Psychology test (Boring!)

POST 400!!!!!! OMG.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
December 2nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
I can never seem to hunker down and study... I have intentions to, but somehow I always get sidetracked...
"After COPS..."
"After I check YouTube..."
"After my nap..."

Then again, usually I do about the same on tests regardless of whether or not I study, so maybe I shouldn't be stressing about it, LOL.

Volkner's Apprentice
December 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
I have trouble focusing on studying; once I do get down to it though, depending on the subject, I'll be a giant sponge of information. I'm really good at retaining information...I'm also really good at procrastinating. :P

But hey, if final exams and final tests and final papers means everyone comes home for 6 weeks for the holidays and I'm half way to getting to a real school, then Woo-hoo!

Zanacross
December 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
I never revise

END OFF :(

Gummy
December 2nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
There's nothing special about test days for me. I still wake up late, don't have enough time to eat breakfast, and come late to first period. Expect when my test is in my first period class, in which I want to get to school really early, so I STILL don't have time to eat breakfast.

Angela
December 15th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I can happily say that I passed my exams (so far), I just need to know 1 more result:D

The Wave
December 15th, 2008, 10:18 AM
well, congratulations for the current results then!

Angela
December 15th, 2008, 10:20 AM
well, congratulations for the current results then!
Thank you:D, I'm so nervous for the last results:/.

The Wave
December 15th, 2008, 10:23 AM
if you've passed everything till now, I would suppose that you've passed the last one too. so no real need to be nervous, I bet you've passed the last one too!

Angela
December 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM
if you've passed everything till now, I would suppose that you've passed the last one too. so no real need to be nervous, I bet you've passed the last one too!
I guess thats true, I hope the teacher will put the results on the net tonight.