PDA

View Full Version : YouTube, deviantArt and Forums

蜃気楼
December 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM
I went to YouTube, deviantArt and many forums, I think that YouTube has most hate comments and pointless contents, but deviantArt is more strict, I have never received comments such as "You suck". and forums such as PokeCommunity are even more strict, unlike YouTube, thousand to millions people got banned. There are almost no hate discussion in a forums because they are not allowed.
What do you think? Does YouTube has a lots of spam and bad comments?

processr
December 1st, 2008, 12:18 PM
I believe this (http://xkcd.com/481/) sums up my feelings on YouTube comments fairly well.

Mr. Epic
December 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yes, Youtube is bad because it is not so strict but I know worse sites and most of them are forums.
It depends on the strictness as you said but forums can be the worse its just that here it is very strict.

Alakazam17
December 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM
I believe this (http://xkcd.com/481/) sums up my feelings on YouTube comments fairly well. Best. Comic. EVEH! XD

YouTube comments are usually crap, heh. But you can find some good info every once in a green moon. blue moons are too common

Patchisou Yutohru
December 1st, 2008, 08:18 PM
Seeing as how YouTube is more popular than any of the sites you just listed, I wouldn't be suprised that someone would think that. The main thing is is that they don't have any rules, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, for comments directed towards videos. It's really up to whoever's video it is to determine what can be included in a comment and what cannot. So the answer to "Does YouTube have lots of spam and bad comments?" is pretty straight forward.

蜃気楼
December 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
However, you can delete comments on YouTube while you can't delete replies on forums.

Aphrodite
December 1st, 2008, 09:12 PM
I'm perfectly fine with the comments on YouTube, it's not like they're getting to me.

Patchisou Yutohru
December 1st, 2008, 09:15 PM
However, you can delete comments on YouTube while you can't delete replies on forums.

What are you talking about? Yes you can. Though on forums you have to be a moderator (unless it's your own), it's not like you need to go deleting other people's posts on here.

蜃気楼
December 1st, 2008, 10:05 PM
I know we can, however, most times, mods lock topics instead of deleting it.

Kura
December 1st, 2008, 11:01 PM
There's like.. waayy too much traffic on Youtube to be able to nitpick at all the comments unless something is EXTREMELY offensive or some sort of threat or something..

:/ Youtube comments, although rude, don't bother me, really..