View Full Version : IRL N00bs

December 1st, 2008, 5:52 PM
IRL N00bs?! D:

This is a term used to say that someone is a N00b in real life. Know someone like that?

Usually these people are quite annoying and always seem to be a step behind everyone.

I'll give an example. I know a young lad that goes to my school. He is constantly singing during class, and coughing due to lack of air.

If ever someone else tries to sing he'll say "OMG, what are you doing? That's so annoying".

He also pretends to be a dinosaur and roars at random people. xD

December 1st, 2008, 6:03 PM
Wow. There's a guy like that at my school too. He's obsessed with dinosaurs and things that don't exist, draws them all the time, he always brings in random dinosaur things he made with his mom, hums during class (really annoying and loudly >>), he talks to himself too, and when he tries to talk to you, you can never understand him. I try to avoid him...

And another guy named Shawn... he's just a loser trying to be cool... by acting immature. xP
But he doesn't impress anybody... and he just keeps trying

Harley Quinn
December 1st, 2008, 6:23 PM
IRL n00b= my brother.

Noah Ridgewood
December 1st, 2008, 8:14 PM
I'm confused how someone in real life can be a n00b. People have interests, and though some are stranger than others, it's really up to them to decide what they want to do what their time. Whether it's perticipating in activities such as sports and other things or... drawing strange creatures during class. I wouldn't consider them a n00b anymore than I would consider myself one. So no; I don't know, or believe in that case, that someone in real life is a n00b.

December 1st, 2008, 8:28 PM
n00b IRL =
http://ecostreet.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/baby-gown.jpg ?

December 1st, 2008, 8:31 PM
How can a "noob" be like that? I makes no sense, and I don't get what r u trying to say.

but I guess The n00b=My enemy at school named Issac. He's a person who looks like to be one step behind of my class, and he acts like amateur. He is kinda annoying though. He show off playing his Nintendo DS and thinks he can beat everyboy at one game and he imitates people too, but if someone imitates him, He said that he will mess with them.

Noah Ridgewood
December 1st, 2008, 8:32 PM
I actually agree with you now that I think about it, txteclipse. When you think about it, babies are brand new to the world just like n00bs are brand new to a community in the online world. Great insight and literal (or metaphoric?) sense with that interpretation of a n00b.

@CombatArmsWarrior: You need to look at directly and compare what a n00b is online to what it could be in real life; actions included.

Tater Tot
December 2nd, 2008, 5:43 AM
Wow. There's a guy like that at my school too. He's obsessed with dinosaurs and things that don't exist, draws them all the time, he always brings in random dinosaur things he made with his mom, hums during class (really annoying and loudly >>), he talks to himself too, and when he tries to talk to you, you can never understand him. I try to avoid him...

And another guy named Shawn... he's just a loser trying to be cool... by acting immature. xP
But he doesn't impress anybody... and he just keeps trying

The first guy sounds like Napoleon Dynamite a little bit. XD

I don't know of any noobs. Usually it's just people who are retarded. XD Well, I know one guy. He was in one of my classes last year. All he did in the class was draw comics, (and badly) and show them to the girl sitting next to him. He didn't even pay attention the the Teacher.

Gerri Shin
December 2nd, 2008, 7:15 AM
I must say, my little bro is definitely an IRL N00b. other than that I don't know too many others that could deserve that title

December 2nd, 2008, 7:23 AM
Lol, there is a bunch of brothers that were in my school, they were like that, they were uber ugly, they were all retarded but they were put in normal classes because there mom was in denial, Believe me I saw her yelling at the princible "My boys are not retarded",

One was like a really weird one, always had a radio in class, and listened to the news, the oldest carried a brief case everywhere he went, and the youngest, let's just say a fly could kick his ass, they were all pretending to know karate *Nobody believed them*, and I have never seen anyone being beaten up so many times during 6 months, and the youngest one sh*t his pants after he made fun of a boy who just lost a family member (Don't remember the details all that much), the boy picked the youngest up by the neckline of his sweater then he dropped him when a janitor came, and the youngest was like dying cause everybody was watching when he pooped himself, his mom had to come and pick him up.

December 2nd, 2008, 9:06 AM
My father. Really he's a n00b.

December 2nd, 2008, 2:12 PM
I don't know about the term "IRL n00b", but there is this guy - who's basically an in-town celebrity - Everyone knows him.

He rides his bicycle everywhere he goes, and he always wears tight black pants and black shirts, and has these, like, 10-inch moon boots that go all the way up to his knees. He goes about town with his walky-talky and a pair of headphones. And he talks to God through this walky-talky.

I wouldn't consider him "new at life", more like either very, very wierd, or super psycho religious.

December 2nd, 2008, 2:22 PM
There was a kid in my French class who was obsessed with sharks, and would squawk at seagulls whenever they passed. 0.o

Oh, and one of my friends thought that girls didn't have genitals, he just thought that was a word for a guy's junk. xD

Virtual Chatot
December 2nd, 2008, 2:52 PM
Kid at my school who likes to run into walls to get attention -_-;;
Everyone who sits at a table with twenty other people, and the table was only designed to fit like five or six people.
Authors who write in their books "All of a sudden"

December 2nd, 2008, 2:53 PM
IRL n00b =Theres this guy in my class called Darrel. He trys to be a thug by sagging and hanging around with the older kids, and he sweres he is tough by picking on the smaller kids. Yet when one of the bigger kids tells him to stop,he gets scared and shuts up for the rest of the day.

December 2nd, 2008, 3:13 PM
Well, let's compare definitions. Over internet, the noob is most commonly recognized with their lack of readability when typing. Often, chatspeak and 1337 speak are involved in their ways. However, there are more intrapersonal characteristics to a noob than just the way they type. They are people who think they are doing fine on the internet and think they are being really good. They usually aren't willing to improve themselves in any way and often can be stubborn. They are extremely self-centered, and can be very aggressive and outspoken (in a negative way). They are simply people who are of a very low level, yet they are not aware of their status and are not willing to do anything to improve. They are extremely defensive too, and are prepared to fight aggressively and often unreasonably when insulted even so slightly. Now, how do we describe this in the real world?

Could an IRL noob be one who thinks they are ahead, but they are really low? It could be one who appears to think they are all that, but the majority says very negative stuff about this person, and they are unaware of what is being said about themselves. They perform such actions they think is flawless, but really are majorly flawed. Perhaps it could be someone with a very selfish and introverted personality trait? They can be known as people who are disliked by a majority of people. Often selfish and introverted in real life, as if they do not know the basics of living and interacting with others.

I indeed do know a person like this. It happens to be my own father. He is quite introverted and does not like to socialize with other people when in a social group, and would much rather spend his day online and watch television rather than hanging out with his friends. He does not have many friends, anyways, and barely ever talks to them. He is also unbelievably selfish, but this is related to a more personal family issue going on right now that I'd rather not discuss. I personally dislike him as a person very much.

December 2nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
There is ONE "noob" in my class. He always do something silly and stupid that the teachers are so frustrated that he go banned from our class for a week, unless he change his attitude.

December 3rd, 2008, 3:27 AM
I never met a noob in my life except in the internet.

December 3rd, 2008, 4:18 AM

I don't think you can call anybody a noob IRL. Noob is a term used for defining idiots online. It's like calling an IRL person a spammer if he's overtalkative.

December 4th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Hmm...To me, in real life, the only n00bs are the really stupid people. I'm not talking about blonde moment stupid, we all have those moments. I'm talking about the honest to goodness stupid people who, despite being capable of avoiding their stupidity, they don't. People who, despite everything anyone else has said to them or about them, refuse to learn or improve their skills in any way. Generally a n00b in real life will be very stubborn, and closed-minded. They often cling foolishly to some ideal such as religion or conspiracies and will not be swayed by anyone.

Most n00bs IRL are simply young people who think they're on top of the world but have no clue what's going on. Though this isnt always the case.

I will however admit, being a n00b IRL isnt always as bad as it seems. Sometimes it takes time for them to realize their mistakes.

December 4th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I'm going to have to say myself,
I can be pretty dizty, if you've talked to me on msn you probaly know how many times I trip over my own bed, I've walked into the poles at school too many times to remember, I'm often in need of someone to tell me what happened in class, there are many more reasons -_-;