PDA

View Full Version : Flu Bug

HeidiMoose
December 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
It's getting around to that dreadful time of the year when the flu bug is ready to spread and unleash it's evil cruelty to innocent people of the world.

Has anyone been tormented by this evil virus yet, or are you still one of the lucky people who's managed to avoid it thus far?

Myself - I've been suffering from the flu bug since last Wednesday. X_x

Melodyfree
December 2nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
It won't leave me alone. ;-; I got it last month, followed by a really bad stomach virus, followed by another round of flu symptoms.

HeidiMoose
December 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Ick. That's no good. :(

Mine's been wierd. I don't get sick that often, but it started on Wednesday.. left me alone for Thanksgiving, which was uber nice.. but then started up again Friday night.
And it's like a traveling flu. I go from one awful symptom to the next one without a break.

jane18
December 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
i havent gotten the flu yet, well i did get it but it was minor it was nothing really just a cough and thast it, havent had anything cruelty yet and hope it stays that way :)

Angela
December 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
I have not gotten a flu, and I'm not planing on it:D

Mika
December 2nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
;3;

I hads this nasty thing that wouldn't let me eat or drink anything for two and a half weeks. It sucked so bad.

DON'T EVER GET MONO THEN THE FLU

;; it sucks hardcore.

Syndrome
December 2nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Eh..ive never gotten the flu. EVAR! And hopefully that wont change

Trap-Eds
December 2nd, 2008, 08:52 PM
Isn't there some flu shot now you can take for the most current flu virus or something? So that way you won't get sick this time of year. As for me, I haven't had the flu since.....errr, third/fourth grade?

Anyway, I hope you guys feel better soon!!

HeidiMoose
December 2nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I've never had mono, but a good number of my friends have.
One of them had a throat so swollen you couldn't even understand what she was trying to say...
(she had it coming though... >.>)

I hate shots. >.<

I think I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow, though.
They'll give me a shot to make it go away - that's what they did last time. ^.^

Aurafire
December 2nd, 2008, 08:56 PM
I had a horrible cough a couple of weeks ago...And just would not go away. The one that gives you that little itch in your throat, and when you breath in, you can't help but start coughing. I don't know if I explained it right...But it sucked ;___;

As for the actual flu? I don't think I've ever gotten a really bad case. I get a cold every now and then, but not really full-fledged influenza XD

Freestyle Farfetch'd
December 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Yep, I've think I had the flu. Been off school for a week now. Wasn't that bad at first, but yesterday was pretty horrible. It's been kind of on and off in terms of feeling ill, but I've been kept off through all of it. (My parents are like that, which is kind of cool in a way, but it means I have a lot to catch up on.) Not sure if it's been the flu or not, but seems pretty likely judging by my symptomns yesterday.

Volkner's Apprentice
December 2nd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Meh..the flu sucks; luckily the last major virus I had was strep throat back in 8th grade or something. Since then, just regular colds and annoying chills, with the occasionally vomiting from dehydration when I used to run and failed at drinking fluids beforehand.

Nothing for awhile though, and I intend to stay that way.

Hiidoran
December 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Surprisingly, I haven't been ill that much at all as of late. Usually I've at least had a cough or felt a bit feverish, but I haven't felt any such symptoms! However, now that I have stated that I'm going to get sick within the next couple of days.
(Perhaps I should knock on wood?)

The one that gives you that little itch in your throat, and when you breath in, you can't help but start coughing.Oh lord, I can't stand it when my throat feels that way...

HeidiMoose
December 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
I had a horrible cough a couple of weeks ago...And just would not go away. The one that gives you that little itch in your throat, and when you breath in, you can't help but start coughing. I don't know if I explained it right...But it sucked ;___;

As for the actual flu? I don't think I've ever gotten a really bad case. I get a cold every now and then, but not really full-fledged influenza XD

Shoot.. having chronic coughing is just about as bad. : /
I know when I have that issue.. it makes my stomach hurt just as bad.. >.<

Emii
December 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
I haven't gotten it yet.. I'm probably gonna get my shot soon tho. For people who hate shots, there's always the flu mist too.. I heard it tastes nasty when it gets in the back of your throat though. XD But thankfully shots don't bother me too much, so yeah.

But last year I had some weird virus. It started as a cold thing. When that went away, (I dunno if it was the flu), but I just randomly started feeling sick one day at school, so I came home and threw up. but then the SAME thing happened for like, 3 months. about every week there would be 1 day where I would randomly feel sick and throw up. there was even one time where I didn't even eat anything, but my body was still trying to throw up anyway, but nothing would come up, I was just dry heaving. it sucked and hurt. >_< anyway, I could eat immediately after I got sick and be just fine. I dunno what that freaky virus was.. O_O it lasted from November to January. I NEVER wish that on anybody! XD sorry if that was gross

HeidiMoose
December 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
I haven't gotten it yet.. I'm probably gonna get my shot soon tho. For people who hate shots, there's always the flu mist too.. I heard it tastes nasty when it gets in the back of your throat though. XD But thankfully shots don't bother me too much, so yeah.

But last year I had some weird virus. It started as a cold thing. When that went away, (I dunno if it was the flu), but I just randomly started feeling sick one day at school, so I came home and threw up. but then the SAME thing happened for like, 3 months. about every week there would be 1 day where I would randomly feel sick and throw up. there was even one time where I didn't even eat anything, but my body was still trying to throw up anyway, but nothing would come up, I was just dry heaving. it sucked and hurt. >_< anyway, I could eat immediately after I got sick and be just fine. I dunno what that freaky virus was.. O_O it lasted from November to January. I NEVER wish that on anybody! XD sorry if that was gross

Dry heaving.. not fun.. dry heaving = :cer_pissed:

I've never heard of a flu mist.. but if it ends in bad tastes.. I'd much rather stick with the shot..

It's funny.. I hate getting shots, but I'm a very active blood donor... >.>

Aurafire
December 2nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
I've never gotten a flu shot, despite me hearing of many reasons why I should get one. I don't think anyone in my family has ever gotten one! O.O...Hopefully I don't get unlucky and catch it this season =/

♣Gawain♣
December 2nd, 2008, 09:42 PM

I've never heard of a flu mist.. but if it ends in bad tastes.. I'd much rather stick with the shot..

I rather have a painful shot than an everlasting torment of influenza. I got that stinkin' disease every year and I hate it.

Horizon
December 2nd, 2008, 11:15 PM
Oh yes, I got it on Wednesday and it still hasn't gone. I have to go to college though or I'll miss too much work.

HeidiMoose
December 2nd, 2008, 11:43 PM
Oh yes, I got it on Wednesday and it still hasn't gone. I have to go to college though or I'll miss too much work.

Nice to know I'm not completely alone.. :P
I've had it since Wednesday too, and it's very intent on making me starve to death, as well as refusing to let me sleep peacefully.. it saddens me. :'(

ErickaVolt
December 3rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
Nope. I never got that Flu Bug thing. Honestly, I don't even know what that is?

HeidiMoose
December 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Nope. I never got that Flu Bug thing. Honestly, I don't even know what that is?

Simply just having the flu.. O.o

Cassino
December 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Flu seems rare to me, to my knowledge no one I know personally has ever gotten it.

Saltare.
December 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Ick! I hate the flu! Even though I rarely get it. I have never gotten the flu, occasionally a stomach virus, but no flu.

Emii
December 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM

younever heard of the flu mist? It's.. um.. well it's a mist that they spray up your nose. My sister always gets it, but I stick with the shots. ^^

and I could never give blood.. >_< I know its the right thing to do, but I just couldn't do it.. plus I'm not 110 lbs. you have to be 110 lbs to give blod here.

HeidiMoose
December 3rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
younever heard of the flu mist? It's.. um.. well it's a mist that they spray up your nose. My sister always gets it, but I stick with the shots. ^^

and I could never give blood.. >_< I know its the right thing to do, but I just couldn't do it.. plus I'm not 110 lbs. you have to be 110 lbs to give blod here.

Ick. I'd take a shot over spraying something up my nose anyday..

I love giving blood. I'm a very good donor, I have good veins, and I'm usually done in a little over 4 minutes, which is very good. ^.^

Soul Eater
December 3rd, 2008, 07:51 PM
I don't remember the last time I ended up getting the flu. In fact, it's rare for me to ever get sick from anything.

Randall Raichu
December 4th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I have a poor immune system and happen to catch everything. Right now i'm getting something. it sucks uber bad!

The Confuzzler
December 5th, 2008, 11:43 AM
i've been coughing lately but not anything yet. I felt a bit sick last night though but im fine today! :)

Saltare.
December 5th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I've been sick all week. And I almost vomitted today, without eating anything. But today, I went to school for a bit and got sick cause I had an alergic reaction to bleach and a science class was disecting chicken wing, so I went home and went to bed.

But, maybe. I hope not. I can't afford to miss anymore school

Candy Christina
December 5th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Nope, no flu for me. I got the flu shot. I did have a cold a few weeks ago but it didn't last very long. My immune system does a good job of keeping me free of illnesses. :) I did have somewhat of a sore throat though but it was nothing too serious.

True Reign
December 5th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I haven't had the flu in two years. The last time I had it was the stomach flu and I ended up being awake from 11pm - 6am throwing up. It was so bad, that if I took a drink of water, I would throw up because I would be so dehydrated.

Caelus
December 6th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I get the flu yearly, it's almost a tradition of sorts.
Haven't gotten it yet, but I might get it sometime next week.
I have been having some colds that refused to leave aswell as sore throats, but I haven't gotten them in awhile.

Azzurra
December 6th, 2008, 01:58 AM
I haven't had the flu since November 2007, and I remember it clearly because I collapsed and had to be taken to hospital.

Razer302
December 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I have been ill for past 2 weeks. Glad I am only left with a cough now though. Driving lesson with a cough isn't as bad as trying to drive when your eyes are soar, tired and feel like your going to be sick. xD