PDA

View Full Version : Viz is re-releasing Pokemon Adventures!

Ru-Kun
December 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I know what you are thinking, this is just a rumor, it's not real, this persons stupid. Well I'm not Volume 1 will be re-released on June 2nd, 2009 and volume 2 on August 4th 2009. Just to show ya'll here they are on amazon.com.

volume 1- http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Adventures-2nd-Hidenori-Kusaka/dp/1421530546/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228919303&sr=1-4

volume 2- http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Adventures-2-Hidenori-Kusaka/dp/1421530554/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228919303&sr=1-1

I don't know yet if Blue and Green's names will be flipped or not and the covers havn't been released yet. I actually got this imformation from Dogasu on Bulbepedia.

Thundєr
December 10th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Wow it's amazing, great news. Only one thing, it'll take a lot to of time to reach chuang yi's version

Bigdog
December 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Wow it's amazing, great news, celebrate all.

I would like to see if IDW or Dark Horse to pick up this manga because I would love to see an uncut translation of Kanto-Hoenn ,plus Sinnoh. I would love to see the anime cancelled so the manga can be adapted into a mature teen anime like Bleach.

Ru-Kun
December 10th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Wow it's amazing, great news. Only one thing, it'll take a lot to of time to reach chuang yi's version

I don't think that they will be doing anymore than up to volume 7 like they did before. Besides threy're just reprinting it.

nssfleahedgehog
December 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I would like to see if IDW or Dark Horse to pick up this manga because I would love to see an uncut translation of Kanto-Hoenn ,plus Sinnoh. I would love to see the anime cancelled so the manga can be adapted into a mature teen anime like Bleach.

That would be sweet! The Pokemon Special manga is way better than the anime could ever be. But remember, I believe that Viz's version was very watered down and corny.

Thundєr
December 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I don't think that they will be doing anymore than up to volume 7 like they did before. Besides threy're just reprinting it.
You're right, not thought about that. Also check the dates.

bubblewrap
December 10th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Yes! I am so buying them, even if the Viz one is a little different...

Netto Azure
December 10th, 2008, 03:34 PM
=DDDDDDDDDDD ^__________^ Z.O.M.G.
I'm sooo happy ^___^ If that is true....The end of the "Kiddie" stereotype to Pokemon is finally coming at an end. If that ever happens and VIZ translates all the way through the end of the series...
I'll quote President-Elect Obama and say "Change has (finally!) come to America!"

Spread the word PokeSupe fans! I would preffer to buy them for $2 each though. In the Philippines. XDDDD *Shot*

Thank you Ruby-Kun for this great news to the fandom... We have a lot of work ahead of us =P

If some "crazy stereotyping guy" makes fun of Pokemon in your face Whack them with point them to a Volume of Pokemon Special (Adventures)!

bubblewrap
December 10th, 2008, 03:39 PM
^I so agree with you! I am crazy happy, they may translate it to the end~

chamo-chan
December 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM
w00t~
-dances-

This'll be fun~

(I wonder if I can find them at Barnes and Noble....)

pong08
December 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM
They really shouldn't stop selling after volume 7 when there are actually freaken 29 volumes currently! I mean come on that's the point, the story keeps on moving,moving,moving,moving, and moving!

pikaangel
December 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I hope the rumor is true and that the other volumes can also come out

Mileyangel
December 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
^It will all depend on how the sales turn out.

RubyJB88
December 11th, 2008, 01:23 PM
And if sales are really up, then I see no problem as to why they shouldn't publish the other volumes. That's how you gain fame.

Thundєr
December 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe is the resurrection of Pokemon Special in this area, I look forward to that.

Vernikova
December 11th, 2008, 03:03 PM
That would be sweet! The Pokemon Special manga is way better than the anime could ever be. But remember, I believe that Viz's version was very watered down and corny.

You people are evil. >_>

Anyway, I seriously think that if these don't sell well, that VIZ won't try again for a few years, if they try again at all that is. So I would buy this even if it was a crappy version just to help the sales. I mean, I'm sure that some people here wouldn't want to complain why PokéSpecial doesn't get printed in the States again.

Netto Azure
December 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM
You people are evil. >_>

Anyway, I seriously think that if these don't sell well, that VIZ won't try again for a few years, if they try again at all that is. So I would buy this even if it was a crappy version just to help the sales. I mean, I'm sure that some people here wouldn't want to complain why PokéSpecial doesn't get printed in the States again.

Well I do apologize for our very partisan rhetoric. It's just that some of us in the Pokemon fandom has had enough of the Kiddie stereotype and want change. And the fact that the Anime only has rare bursts of creativeness in terms of storyline isn't really helping the situation. =P I mean you know how repetitive the plot is. We're just criticizing it to motivate the writers into being inspired. ^_^

Also getting a better version than the "zombiefied best of series" is quite an Arceus sent to the US fandom. =P

Vernikova
December 11th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Well I do apologize for our very partisan rhetoric. It's just that some of us in the Pokemon fandom has had enough of the Kiddie stereotype and want change. And the fact that the Anime only has rare bursts of creativeness in terms of storyline isn't really helping the situation. =P I mean you know how repetitive the plot is. We're just criticizing it to motivate the writers into being inspired. ^_^
Well, it's a kid show so don't pay attention to it. Just continue to read the manga and pretend the animé doesn't exist. Then again, I guess it's just wants that everyone has.

Also getting a better version than the "zombiefied best of series" is quite an Arceus sent to the US fandom. =P

Yes, but you must remember that many people in the US don't know what the manga is. I mean, in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the host said that it [Pokémon] was well known for the show, trading cards, and games. So I would hope that VIZ advertises this well so more people might buy it.

bubblewrap
December 12th, 2008, 02:15 PM
^ Totally! I mean, the sales weren't too good at first because NOBODY knew about it. One commercial on Cartoon Network while Pokemon is playing may be good...
I will so buy them even if it is a bit corny. I hope I can find them at Barnes and Nobles...

Mika555
December 12th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I wonder why they did not decide to release the volume earlier in 2009 since the first 7 volumes of the Pokemon Special were already translate by Viz.

Vernikova
December 12th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I wonder why they did not decide to release the volume earlier in 2009 since the first 7 volumes of the Pokemon Special were already translate by Viz.

I believe that VIZ didn't want to take the risk earlier in the year because of holidays. The summer time would be ideal because kids are out of school and have an opportunity to watch tv more often.

Netto Azure
December 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Huh watch TV? Isn't Pokemon Special a manga that's portable and therefore can be read most of the time?

Vernikova
December 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Well, I would guess that they would advertise it on tv.

bubblewrap
December 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, TV is where they would probably advertise it. There are so many ads Cartoon Network... If they put a Pokespecial ad, kids will be like, "Pokemon? Momma buy it!" Even if they don't know what Pokespecial is, they may just buy it because it has the word Pokemon on it.
Do you think they will change the covers?

Sea Guardian
December 12th, 2008, 10:08 PM
YES!!!*Pulls out life savings* I'm gonna buy ever volume I can! WOOT! WOOT!
=DDDDDDD

Mitchman
December 13th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Hopefully this time sales will skyrocket and it will become popular enough that they will continue to jhoto and hoenn. But i doubt it as pokemon advertised items on tv if one amount of wrong is in them will get stopped. I can see angry mothers rioting due to the oh so famous pokeboob scene and if later made gold will be there main target. Im telling you thats going to happen IF it goes passed kanto. Hopefully it will.

Darkmon
December 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
My personal concern is if they learned from their mistake and corrected Green's (I repeat, GREEN, that guy, the Gary-ish fellow) name from "Blue". If they had, I'll consider buying it myself.

Tangerine Fox
December 13th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Aah, I'm excited! Amazon never delivers my copies of these, so I'll just go get them on my own now. I'm really hoping sales do well enough to encourage VIZ to bring the rest of the series over. It would be great to have some hard copies to tote around. <3

---

It's unlikely for PokeSupe to be promoted on TV; ads for books from best-selling mainstream authors are uncommon, so one for a comic reprint is illogical. Print ads, however, wouldn't surprise me if they start showing up closer to the release date/shortly there after.

Donna
December 13th, 2008, 10:11 AM
.. Great just.. awesome great.

WHY FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T I LIVE IN THE STATES?!

-slaps, rolls, drools, cries, dies- Ah well, lucky for you guys..

Sea Guardian
December 13th, 2008, 01:07 PM
^Really? I've never liked living in the U.S.
I suggest to anyone who wants to buy them off Amazon that they do it at the first oprotunity(sp) they get because I told everyone in my school who likes pokemon or manga that it's selling on Amazon and about 500 kids are now swarming Amazon trying to get it =)

ToshiroSato
December 13th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Wow, this is great news for you guys. Make sure you that you buy hundreds each so you can create high sales which may make them continue past Volume 7, but I wonder. It may even reach England, but by the time they get released I would have almost finished my collection, one hopes that is.

Vernikova
December 13th, 2008, 04:07 PM
My personal concern is if they learned from their mistake and corrected Green's (I repeat, GREEN, that guy, the Gary-ish fellow) name from "Blue". If they had, I'll consider buying it myself.

It wasn't a mistake. They did it on purpose because Blue and Red version were the versions to come out in America.

Sydian
December 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Sounds like good birthday presents for me and Genesis. :D -cough- Our b-days are in August...-coughcoughcough- on the same day. -cough-

They better do the rest of the series. D: Or I will cry!

Mika555
December 14th, 2008, 09:21 AM
It wasn't a mistake. They did it on purpose because Blue and Red version were the versions to come out in America.
Yes you are right Pokemon Red and Green came out in Japan together and Pokemon Blue was considered the third version and Pokemon Yellow was a fourth version, which is a version the following generation do not have. Pokemon Red and Blue came out in other countries together, but Pokemon Green was not released in those countries, but its remake Pokemon LeafGreen was release in other countries along with Pokemon FireRed, but that still does not mean that Blue and Green will be switch back though, but we will just have wait and see. So what I am trying to say is that since Green is Red's rival his name was change because the rival character supposed to be named after the second version.

Lelouch99
December 14th, 2008, 01:31 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Cant wait.

Da Man
December 14th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Speaking of Pokemon Mangas I never seem any of them in the UK, can't find any in Waterstones (a book shop) yet they got Naruto, One Piece and Dragonball Z -_-.

Does Amazon UK sell Pokemon Mangas?

bubblewrap
December 14th, 2008, 01:35 PM
YES!!!*Pulls out life savings* I'm gonna buy ever volume I can! WOOT! WOOT!
=DDDDDDD
That's what I'll do. xD
I'm really excited, if Pokespecial can get enough sales... we may get volumes in America! Maybe it was because it was in Nick Mag! They didn't even have to win! xDD
*happy dance*
Viz changed the covers, right? Do you think they'll just go with the Japanese covers for the second edition or not?
@ Da Man, I don't know. Sorry.

RubyJB88
December 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Speaking of Pokemon Mangas I never seem any of them in the UK, can't find any in Waterstones (a book shop) yet they got Naruto, One Piece and Dragonball Z -_-.

Durial666 should help you with that.

Sea Guardian
December 15th, 2008, 01:11 PM
That's what I'll do. xD
I'm really excited, if Pokespecial can get enough sales... we may get volumes in America! Maybe it was because it was in Nick Mag! They didn't even have to win! xDD
*happy dance*
Sooo happy^_^! I've already told a lot of kids in my school about it and my brother. I am going to buy every volume even if it's not in my bookstore I'll have my mom buy it off Amazon, I really hope it doesn't come to that though because whenever I want to buy something online my mom says "If I help you get this what are you gonna do for me" -_-'
Viz changed the covers, right? Do you think they'll just go with the Japanese covers for the second edition or not?
Aww, I liked the original covers. )=

By the way, serebii has the summaries for volume 29 up in case anyone didn't know.

bubblewrap
December 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Sooo happy^_^! I've already told a lot of kids in my school about it and my brother. I am going to buy every volume even if it's not in my bookstore I'll have my mom buy it off Amazon, I really hope it doesn't come to that though because whenever I want to buy something online my mom says "If I help you get this what are you gonna do for me" -_-'

Aww, I liked the original covers. )=

By the way, serebii has the summaries for volume 29 up in case anyone didn't know.

My mom does that too. Or, she tells me to finally get a talent. My whole family has a talent... except me, the black sheep.

I really liked the original covers. I so hope they just stay with the Japanese covers this time around.

Mika555
December 15th, 2008, 03:54 PM

Well, it's a kid show so don't pay attention to it. Just continue to read the manga and pretend the animé doesn't exist. Then again, I guess it's just wants that everyone has.
Actually S. Magumarashi the anime did display some seen in the first season that was considered unsituable for children in the U.S., but they were all cut out when they came to the United States. I also use to watch it when I was a child and I was to this page (http://www.serebii.net/anime/banned.shtml) a few years ago to see what was edited out.

I do not think it is the anime alone that is causing the kiddie steretype when I went in Barnes & Noble today I was searching for another Pokemon manga under the manga section and I could not find it. So I ask one of where the manga I was looking for she took me back in the kid's section of Barnes and Noble and the other Pokemon manga was there along with the 'Best of Pokemon Adventures.' So it is no wonder that people think that Pokemon is just for kids. It is one thing to turned an anime into a kiddie show, but turning certain into a kiddie's manga is another thing. I have a feeling they when they reprint Pokemon Adventure that they will edited all of the profanity and extreme violence out of it. I hope this will not be the case though. The stores here were I live should start show people that Pokemon is for people of all ages.

Vernikova
December 15th, 2008, 03:57 PM
It appears that it will be left unflipped.

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) Red doesn't want to train Pokémon, he wants to be their friend too. Bulbasaur and Poliwhirl seem game. but independent Pikachu won't be so easy to win over!And watch out for Team Rocket, Red... They only want to be you
Red’s mission in life is to catch and train all the Pokémon in the world...so he needs to get started while he’s still a boy. But these Pokémon aren’t inside his Gameboy or Nintendo or Wii...they’re real!Red has some stiff competition when his path cros

Reads R to L (Japanese Style)
Red’s mission in life is to catch and train all the Pokémon in the world...so he needs to get started while he’s still a boy. But these Pokémon aren’t inside his Gameboy or Nintendo or Wii...they’re real!Red has some stiff competition when his path cros

Actually S. Magumarashi the anime did display some seen in the first season that was considered unsituable for children in the U.S., but they were all cut out when they came to the United States. I also use to watch a child. See this page (http://www.serebii.net/anime/banned.shtml).

I do not think it is the anime along that is causing the kiddie steretype when I went in Barnes & Noble today I was searching for another Pokemon manga under the manga section and I could not find it. So I ask one of where the manga I was looking for she took me back in the kid's section of Barnes and Noble and the other Pokemon manga was there along with the 'Best of Pokemon Adventures.' So it is no wonder that people think that Pokemon is just for kids it is one thing to turned an anime into a kid shows, but turning non kids manga into a kids manga is another thing. I also have a feeling if they reprint Pokemon Adventure that they will edited all of the profanity and extreme violence out of it.:@

It's a kid show in Japan and still a kids show in America. Even in early cartoons that were made in America, guns were used in some of the viewings. That was just 4Kids being 4Kids.

Mika555
December 15th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Yes it did say that on the page that a link.:embarrass Anyway I really do not like the idea of people editing material out of manga though just so that it can be made suitable for children that live in certain countries. There are manga for children also and that are called Kodomo manga so they should present those to children in the U.S to read instead. They should not put all of the Pokemon manga in the children section like that because some of them are not Kodomo manga. I also think that they stop at volume 7 because Viz probably felt that the violence in the Pokemon Special were getting to extreme for the children in the U.S. with was not a good thing to do.

ToshiroSato
December 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Yes Amazon UK does sell them, but the nest of versions which to be honest isn't worth your time. If you want them, then import them from Singapore. They aren't that expensive.

Naruto and the likes are very popular, god forbid, within the Manga community which is why they are being sold in our country. The Manga/Anime industry is that great here compared to America.

Da Man
December 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Yes Amazon UK does sell them, but the nest of versions which to be honest isn't worth your time. If you want them, then import them from Singapore. They aren't that expensive.

Naruto and the likes are very popular, god forbid, within the Manga community which is why they are being sold in our country. The Manga/Anime industry is that great here compared to America.

Singapore? They do english versions of all Pokemon mangas?

Thundєr
December 18th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Singapore? They do english versions of all Pokemon mangas?

Yes, and they're the only ones that have the series updated

Vernikova
December 18th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Yes it did say that on the page that a link.:embarrass Anyway I really do not like the idea of people editing material out of manga though just so that it can be made suitable for children that live in certain countries. There are manga for children also and that are called Kodomo manga so they should present those to children in the U.S to read instead. They should not put all of the Pokemon manga in the children section like that because some of them are not Kodomo manga. I also think that they stop at volume 7 because Viz probably felt that the violence in the Pokemon Special were getting to extreme for the children in the U.S. with was not a good thing to do.

But VIZ dubs Naruto and that's a pre-teen show, so I'm sure that they would've recognized that PokéSpecial was aimed at a slightly older audiance. Of course, if I were the creator, I wouldn't mind editing as long as it makes me money.

Netto Azure
December 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
But VIZ dubs Naruto and that's a pre-teen show, so I'm sure that they would've recognized that PokéSpecial was aimed at a slightly older audiance. Of course, if I were the creator, I wouldn't mind editing as long as it makes me money.

If the author decides to edit PokeSpe to make more money by "toning down the unwanted stuff" it's uniqueness in the Pokemon Fandom will be lost...The alluring quality of its maturity is one of the reasons people read it. If it is toned down for the younger audiences...we might as well watch the anime =/ (No offense just a comparison.)

Vernikova
December 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
If the author decides to edit PokeSpe to make more money by "toning down the unwanted stuff" it's uniqueness in the Pokemon Fandom will be lost...The alluring quality of its maturity is one of the reasons people read it. If it is toned down for the younger audiences...we might as well watch the anime =/ (No offense just a comparison.)

No offense taken. But I wasn't talking about the author editing it, I was talking about the distributor in another country because in the end, business peopole want to make money. I mean, isn't this a reason why hardcore animé/manga fans use the internet: to see the original version of what they enjoy.

Da Man
December 19th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Yes, and they're the only ones that have the series updated

Then do you know of a good site that sells them?

ToshiroSato
December 21st, 2008, 05:30 AM
Then do you know of a good site that sells them?

Ebay.com.sg

Daigames sells them

Da Man
December 21st, 2008, 06:39 AM
Ebay.com.sg

Daigames sells them

Found them the other day on Ebay.co.uk, all 28 vols this guy has.

Gonna buy them next week after buying something cheaper, as a test to see if i'm not being scammed

Andyb4325
December 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
see now all the people that thought this was never going to happen eariler this year is like so wrong right now...me and friend cant wait to buy them i got her into pokemon adventures and when i told she freaked out!!!