PDA

View Full Version : Today, Sucks.

SethCullen
December 11th, 2008, 01:40 PM
It sucks today because at school my iPod was stolen. The new nano chromatic, $200 dollars worth, plus S&h and tax. So just about $220. Yeah. I know it was stolen for sure cause all the kids in the class are "ghetto" and theres only about 3-4 kids who I know that wouldnt take it.

Can apple replace it?

suicidesal
December 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Not many warranties cover theft.
No offense, but if I had an expensive electronic that was at any sort of risk I would either guard it like if I didn't keep an eye on it at every moment it would be gone or just not bring it to class.

SethCullen
December 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM
No someone went threw my stuff too get it when i wasnt there. :(

suicidesal
December 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Again not to be offense but if it's in your stuff, and not on your body at all times you're not really guarding it.
Sorry if I seem like I'm being rude but whenever I've brought DS, PSP or Cellphone to school it stays in my pocket at all possible times.
I would however suggest you speak to a teacher or something about this

SethCullen
December 11th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I already did. XD. But really who wants to go threw "the white kids stuff"

ToshiroSato
December 11th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Suicidesal is right, you should keep valuable items like that at home or with you where ever you go.

Voltagenic
December 11th, 2008, 02:02 PM
It sucks today because at school my iPod was stolen. The new nano chromatic, $200 dollars worth, plus S&h and tax. So just about $220. Yeah. I know it was stolen for sure cause all the kids in the class are "ghetto" and theres only about 3-4 kids who I know that wouldnt take it.

Oh, sure, blame the "ghetto" kids!

I take offense to this because I live in the ghetto, and it's not funny to assume that we're all poor and want to take your iPod and boost it (look it up) or something.

Perhaps you misplaced it. You shouldn't have been bringing it to school anyway; people will steal nice things regardless of where they are from or how they act.

Anyway, talk to your principal or something; it's all you can really do. Confronting everyone in the class isn't wise; believe me, I've tried it.

Jorah
December 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I would never, ever, leave my iPod unattended outside my home. It's either in my bag, the side of my bed or by the computer. When it's in my bag I never leave my bag alone.

SethCullen
December 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM
It is the ghetto kids....

Everyone but me and this Spanish girl are the only ones who arent ghetto. And i didnt mis place it. I had it in my backpack.

processr
December 11th, 2008, 02:14 PM
So learn from the experience, stop whining and move on. *shrugs*

Voltagenic
December 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM

That doesn't have anything to do with it. You can't automatically say their motive for stealing your iPod is that they're "ghetto".

Chibi-chan
December 11th, 2008, 02:28 PM

No, it's the "naive" kids who place their Ipods in their backpacks. I go to a Catholic School and we have items and valuables taken from backpacks in people's locker rooms. I wouldn't say they're ghetto. Stuff like that happens, don't blame a stereotype, blame yourself for being in a situation like that. Also, why in the world would you bring something valuable to a school were it might be stolen in the first place? Take better care of your valuables and they won't be stolen.

Voltagenic
December 11th, 2008, 02:30 PM
No, it's the "naive" kids who place their Ipods in their backpacks. I go to a Catholic School and we have items and valuables taken from backpacks in people's locker rooms. I wouldn't say they're ghetto. Stuff like that happens, don't blame a stereotype, blame yourself for being in a situation like that. Also, why in the world would you bring something valuable to a school were it might be stolen in the first place? Take better care of your valuables and they won't be stolen.

That's a better way of putting it than what I was trying.

jasonresno
December 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I think it's ridiculous people have to worry about things getting taken out of their bags. It's a sad snapshot of how our world is today.

True Reign
December 11th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Sorry if I'm going to sound mean, but that wasn't extremely stupid of you. Always keep it in your pocket wherever you go, so that it wouldn't be stolen. Problem solved.

Cassino
December 11th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I already did. XD. But really who wants to go threw "the white kids stuff"
Firstly, it's "through".
Secondly, everyone wants to. Now I'm the one throwing stereotypes around, but white people are generally seen to be the rich people — and rich people have things like the iPod you lost.

I think it's ridiculous people have to worry about things getting taken out of their bags. It's a sad snapshot of how our world is today.
People have stolen from each other throughout their time on the Earth.

Working Class Hero
December 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I am terribly sorry that happened to you. I hope whoever did it gets hit by I car. ( I really do, I have no guilt. Just a sense of right and wrong. ) I take my iPod touch to school everyday. But I had my name engraved on the back of it and I have it in my front pocket at all times. I hope you find it somehow! Sorry it happened! -hug-

Edit: Lol I am white.

Edit2: Weird. You payed more for your iPod than I did. And mine should normally be more.

Voltagenic
December 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I am terribly sorry that happened to you. I hope whoever did it gets hit by I car. ( I really do, I have no guilt. Just a sense of right and wrong. )

Having someone hit by a car for swiping an iPod?

You are not justified in any manner. You claim you have a sense of right and wrong, but that is certainly WRONG.

How could you wish that on someone?

Have you ever heard the term "two wrongs don't make a right"? For some reason I doubt it.

suicidesal
December 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I am terribly sorry that happened to you. I hope whoever did it gets hit by I car.

Yeah I've had a friend loose an ipod - it kinda sucked, felt bad for her but w/e life goes on.

I've had a friend die in a car accident - and it really makes me upset even to think about it.

So, I'm going to have to agree with Voltagenic.

Voltagenic
December 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah I've had a friend loose an ipod - it kinda sucked, felt bad for her but w/e life goes on.

I've had a friend die in a car accident - and it really makes me upset even to think about it.

So, I'm going to have to agree with Voltagenic.

To add to this, my father died in a car accident. I never even met him.

SethCullen
December 11th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Well my iPod was the chromatic, custom engraving, shipping and handling, tax So the ipod it self with tax was about $210. Custom engraving was 10 So thats 220 plus S&H, Just around 230.

But thanks for your support tatu. i had tatu on my ipod Too ^_^

But really its a shame people have to take other kids items just because they dont have the money for it.

RaikaCastillo
December 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM
If you knew that your school was full of potential thieves, then how come you brought your IPod to school to begin with? Anyway, try googling stolen ipod.

SethCullen
December 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Because No one would go through my items.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
December 11th, 2008, 05:36 PM
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD.

What they hell is all wrong with you people?
Shameless yammering about racism and people getting run over by cars so they can have thier own personal connection.

WTF.

First of all,

@ SethCullen: Wow, 200$ IPod stolen?
HOL-A SUCKOL-A.
...BTW, you said it was in you're backpack, right?
Don't you people have lockers you can, ya know, "lock"?
and need a combonation to "unlock"?

Because if, how you describe, "Ghetto School Children" took your IPod from your locker, They would need the combonation, and a sense of where your IPod must have been, because if your backpack was appearntly "staged" to look untouched, They HAD to know where it was being kept.

Moral of the story: Whoever stole it sucks, or It's Misplaced or Some crap like that. Check Again.

...And by "ghetto" do you mean they are some sort of pre-gangsers?
and they're all black?
Because you said "Everyone steal the white kid's stuff."
Meaning you're the only white kid at your school.

So, it would be better if you don't make your words all sound like:
"THE BACK GANSERS STOLE MY IPODz!!!1"
because some people take it that way.

Which brings as to our next lucky winner:

@ Voltagenic: Hi!
Now stop your "female dog"in'. [THE CENSORS WON'T LET ME]
Stop taking everything so god damn personal.

So, you live in the Ghetto. Fan freaking tastic. THAT- also happens to be we're "gansters" come from. and since one to many "gansters" have come outta there, it engages...
*drum roll*
A STERYOTYPE!!!1
:D

Basically, Since you self proclaim yourself to not fit the description, you shouldn't be bothered by it. Because you're not one.
Listen, EVERYONE IS STERYOTYPED.
Every Single Race, Religion, Origin, Personality, Gender, Sexuality, Age, AND ETC.!!!1
The only time SethCullen jumped over the racist line was when he said "Steal the White kid's stuff".

Everyone has thier own opinions, and you whining about it on the internet is not going to change any of that. OKAY?

BTW, before we get too off from the subject of everyone having a steryotype,
Lets see who's behind door number three...

it is...

@ Chibi-Chan: One of my favorite mods! ^^
Anywho,

W
T
F.

Obviously, He doesn't go to school in a Religious school.
He goes to one filled with diversities.
[Info gathered by Him implying being the only white kid, and one other spanish girl]

So all the steryotypes have set in place.
AND WE DON'T KNOW HOW THESE KIDS ARE!
they could be those brats who wear a suprising lack of clothing (without being that poor) that smack kids upside the head for being not ganster and steal stuff right out of someone's hand who call thier parents by thier first names and threaten them with knives when they try to take thier rightful authory place.
Or... They can all be civilized little flower childs, and SethCullen is just being a racist prick.

Can you tell me which one is the right one?
I'm afraid you can't
and neither can I.
Nor can anyone else.

Even you being a mod should be able to analyze this.
---

Bottom Point SethCullen,

Your IPod is gone.
You're probably not getting it back.
You or your parents have wasted 200 bucks.
Your lucky someone didn't beat you up for it instead if your claims are true.

Life Sucks,
Deal with it.

Gummy
December 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Don't go blaming people you don't fully understand. It could have easily been one of those 3-4 kids who you don't suspect. With prices like that, that device lying unprotected is tempting to everyone.

Guillermo
December 11th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Stuff like that happens. It's called life. If you take valuables to school then expect them to be lost. I take my iPod to school and Mobile Phone, but I have the phone on silent and in my pocket at all times. Apple won't do anything about this, it's not their problem someone was careless enough to leave such an expensive item in their bag unattended.

This may seem harsh, but it's the truth. As RaikaCastillo stated, why bring such a valuable item to a school full of 'ghetto's.' It's not fair to just blame the ghetto's. Seriously, anyone could've just gone into your classroom and taken it.

fer
December 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Stuff like that happens. It's called life. If you take valuables to school then expect them to be lost. I take my iPod to school and Mobile Phone, but I have the phone on silent and in my pocket at all times. Apple won't do anything about this, it's not their problem someone was careless enough to leave such an expensive item in their bag unattended.

This may seem harsh, but it's the truth. As RaikaCastillo stated, why bring such a valuable item to a school full of 'ghetto's.' It's not fair to just blame the ghetto's. Seriously, anyone could've just gone into your classroom and taken it.Yes,you never know who could have taken your valuable item,it could have been a teacher for all we care. Next time make sure to keep valuables at home. One time in fifth grade we had some kids preferabley, going around and taking stuff out of people's bags,god that was the worst week ever.

RaikaCastillo
December 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Because No one would go through my items.

And yet you said at the beginning...

theres only about 3-4 kids who I know that wouldnt take it.

So apparently "no one" gave into temptation and stole that beautiful thing. I'm sorry but....listen, did you at least write down the serial number? If not, then you're probably never gonna see that particular IPod again.

Voltagenic
December 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM
But really its a shame people have to take other kids items just because they dont have the money for it.

Did you ever consider the possibility that someone was stealing it to sell it, and didn't want your damned iPod because it was yours?

EDIT: I'm going to ignore Tacharine's incoherent wall of text, as I could barely decipher it.

jasonresno
December 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD.

What they hell is all wrong with you people?
Shameless yammering about racism and people getting run over by cars so they can have thier own personal connection.

WTF.

First of all,

@ SethCullen: Wow, 200$ IPod stolen?
HOL-A SUCKOL-A.
...BTW, you said it was in you're backpack, right?
Don't you people have lockers you can, ya know, "lock"?
and need a combonation to "unlock"?

Because if, how you describe, "Ghetto School Children" took your IPod from your locker, They would need the combonation, and a sense of where your IPod must have been, because if your backpack was appearntly "staged" to look untouched, They HAD to know where it was being kept.

Moral of the story: Whoever stole it sucks, or It's Misplaced or Some crap like that. Check Again.

...And by "ghetto" do you mean they are some sort of pre-gangsers?
and they're all black?
Because you said "Everyone steal the white kid's stuff."
Meaning you're the only white kid at your school.

So, it would be better if you don't make your words all sound like:
"THE BACK GANSERS STOLE MY IPODz!!!1"
because some people take it that way.

Which brings as to our next lucky winner:

So, you live in the Ghetto. Fan freaking tastic. THAT- also happens to be we're "gansters" come from. and since one to many "gansters" have come outta there, it engages...
*drum roll*
A STERYOTYPE!!!1

Basically, Since you self proclaim yourself to not fit the description, you shouldn't be bothered by it. Because you're not one.
Every Single Race, Religion, Origin, Personality, Gender, Sexuality, Age, AND ETC.!!!1
The only time SethCullen jumped over the racist line was when he said "Steal the White kid's stuff".

Everyone has thier own opinions, and you whining about it on the internet is not going to change any of that. OKAY?

it is...

@ Chibi-Chan: One of my favorite mods! ^^
Anywho,

W
T
F.

Obviously, He doesn't go to school in a Religious school.
He goes to one filled with diversities.
[Info gathered by Him implying being the only white kid, and one other spanish girl]

So all the steryotypes have set in place.
AND WE DON'T KNOW HOW THESE KIDS ARE!
they could be those brats who wear a suprising lack of clothing (without being that poor) that smack kids upside the head for being not ganster and steal stuff right out of someone's hand who call thier parents by thier first names and threaten them with knives when they try to take thier rightful authory place.
Or... They can all be civilized little flower childs, and SethCullen is just being a racist prick.

Can you tell me which one is the right one?
I'm afraid you can't
and neither can I.
Nor can anyone else.

Even you being a mod should be able to analyze this.
---

Bottom Point SethCullen,

Your IPod is gone.
You're probably not getting it back.
You or your parents have wasted 200 bucks.
Your lucky someone didn't beat you up for it instead if your claims are true.

Life Sucks,
Deal with it.
This post is full of epic win.

Patchisou Yutohru
December 11th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Why bring it to school at all? Seriously, if you can't learn to keep things that belong at home with your other valuables, then you have a lot of things to worry about with that. You risk getting any item stolen from anywhere in public buildings. That's just the way it is. You can't blame other people due to the fact that you got something stolen from you. Learn from this, like people said, not to take things to school with you. If you feel it's that needed to be with you, then you need to stop using it. This is one of the reasons I hate going to school so much. People with iPods playing their music thus distracting everyone else from learning, thus lowering grades, thus ruining futures. I know this is an exaggeration, but when it comes down to the bottom line: iPods do not belong in school. That's why I leave mine at home or in my father's car. The risks of it getting stollen decline greatly.

Harley Quinn
December 11th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I'm tempted to say "OWNED NUB", but..meh.

So, is there a way that you can charge the school for this?

Zet
December 11th, 2008, 11:01 PM
lol, you're like the kids who bring their PSP's to school because it makes you automatically awesome until you go all "bawwwww" cause someone stole it, seriously, it's your fault for bringing an ipod to school, next time bring a cheap mp3 player so no one will want to steal it. I know that sounds harsh, but seriously just do that

Another thing is that, the school I went to they said "sure you can bring your expensive stuff but we won't do anything if it's stolen, man up and leave us alone" and yet sooo many kids went and cried to the office because their mobile or ipod was stolen

Soul Eater
December 11th, 2008, 11:17 PM
lol, you're like the kids who bring their PSP's to school because it makes you automatically awesome until you go all "bawwwww" cause someone stole it, seriously, it's your fault for bringing an ipod to school, next time bring a cheap mp3 player so no one will want to steal it. I know that sounds harsh, but seriously just do that

Another thing is that, the school I went to they said "sure you can bring your expensive stuff but we won't do anything if it's stolen, man up and leave us alone" and yet sooo many kids went and cried to the office because their mobile or ipod was stolen

Cellphones are usually different though, even though must kids to use them when they arent supposed to, others use them for emergencies and their parents MAKE them bring them. My mom's made me bring mine everyday when I was in school and a few times I've had to get a new one because the other ones had gotten stolen.

I've had my Nano stolen from me once. My friend said she would watch it for and then when I told my mom she's all, "How do you know your friend didnt steal it?" I didnt want to get into the ordeal because I didnt want to blame anyone. I know it was my fault because I should have stuck on my pocket rather than leave it at the table. D: My school did try to do something but where they couldnt find it, it turned out as a lost cause.

Horizon
December 11th, 2008, 11:20 PM
The simple solution would be to keep them on your person at ALL times and never let anybody "look" at them, or borrow them. I would have thought that was obvious.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
December 12th, 2008, 03:10 AM
EDIT: I'm going to ignore Tacharine's incoherent wall of text, as I could barely decipher it.

I'm going to be nice and point out the part that was especially made for you.
The post was so long because I had some many things to tell everyone to stop this moron-fest.

*drum roll*
A STERYOTYPE!!!1

it is...

@ Chibi-Chan: ...[blah blah]

^^

This post is full of epic win.

I'm just glad you read the whole thing.
Thanks.

Jorah
December 12th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Aww, this guy was only looking for some sympathy for his stolen iPod and then gets hated by everyone who says it's entirely his fault XD Although it probably was a bit stupid to leave his iPod alone, you can't forget that the person who actually stole it is to blame as well ha.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
December 12th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Aww, this guy was only looking for some sympathy for his stolen iPod and then gets hated by everyone who says it's entirely his fault XD Although it probably was a bit stupid to leave his iPod alone, you can't forget that the person who actually stole it is to blame as well ha.

Absolutely.

This is a simple topic, really.
But since everyone is a spaz monkey, they all rip on him.
Good lord. People, get a grip.

*Ahem*

Anywho, SethCullen, you may want to have this thread closed, or something like that, because the pricks of PC are gonna keep going on about how you are a moron.

Becoming PC enemy number one is far from the intent for sympathy from the same PCitizens.

*Monocle*

Angela
December 12th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I remember when my Ipod was stolen, I thought I lost it, then 18 months later, my older brother finds my Ipod and his Ipod in my cousins house, I have not spoken to that creep since.

I hope today will treat you better:D

bubblewrap
December 12th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Sorry for the whole iPod thing. People steal things all the time, I guess it's a life lesson to keep your iPod in your pocket. Sucks, my iPod is my best friend. I can't imagine losing it, my parents are already tight on money and they got it for me for working hard in school and getting straight As. (Trying to achieve that again, got 3 Bs. >.<)
They would be crazy dissapointed...
And with this "ghetto kid" thing, anybody would steal an iPod in the open, it could have been a greedy rich kid, you never know...
This very bad at stealing kid tried to get my gym shorts. Who would take gym shorts? Freaks at my school...
And I caught the little wierdo in the act too.

Trap-Eds
December 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
This very bad at stealing kid tried to get my gym shorts. Who would take gym shorts? Freaks at my school...

Oh man, that's hilarious. You're right; who would want to steal gym shorts? xD

I bet if more schools did that instead of banning everything, then perhaps there would be less stealing....or I'm crazy.

Soooo.....why'd ya bring it to school?

Can apple replace it?
I doubt it. They just want you to buy the thing.

RaikaCastillo
December 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Come to think of it, I left my TI-83 calculator in the open once. I left it on top of my notebook which I put on the shelf where everyone put their stuff during lunch. When I came to get my stuff, the calculator was GONE. I didn't write down the serial number--I just had to have my parents get another calculator. From that point on, I kept the thing IN my notebook. And just in case, I programmed a low-grade security system on it to slow them down just in case some idiot tried to steal it again.

Anyway, schools are full of several hundred students. With that many people, there's a good chance of something like this happening. So yeah, I was stupid once too. However I didn't go crying to those who couldn't do anything about it. Then again, only a select people here can have blogs so...eh. :\

Still, I use my user profile as a blog ^^

Virtual Chatot
December 12th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Eh, usually when I have a bad day, I make myself a nice cup of tea, do my homework, and go to bed early.
When I wake up, I feel fine and I'm ready to start the day anew.

As for you, what an iPod compared to the rest of your life? -_-

bubblewrap
December 12th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Oh man, that's hilarious. You're right; who would want to steal gym shorts? xD

That's what I wanna know. I mean, the kid had his own gym shorts too. And, it was a guy, and I'm a girl. Would they even fit? And if he wants to steal gym shorts, steal them from the same gender. xDDD
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Come to think of it, I left my TI-83 calculator in the open once. I left it on top of my notebook which I put on the shelf where everyone put their stuff during lunch. When I came to get my stuff, the calculator was GONE. I didn't write down the serial number--I just had to have my parents get another calculator. From that point on, I kept the thing IN my notebook. And just in case, I programmed a low-grade security system on it to slow them down just in case some idiot tried to steal it again.

Anyway, schools are full of several hundred students. With that many people, there's a good chance of something like this happening. So yeah, I was stupid once too. However I didn't go crying to those who couldn't do anything about it. Then again, only a select people here can have blogs so...eh. :\

Still, I use my user profile as a blog ^^

Yeah, there are idiots in school.
My scientific calculator is so beat up... somebody would have to be really stupid to steal it.
I remember in 1st grade, people always stole my lunchbox. And, there was this group of kids who did Sunday school sortof stuff in our classrooms. Our teacher always said, "Keep your pencils in your backpack, or else the pencil monsters will get them!" It turns out those kids are the pencil monsters. D8 I found that out in 2nd grade. xDD
In 6th grade, some kid wrote something in white-out in a gesk that was just plain disgusting. I mean, I don't even wanna write it. Tell me if you wanna find out. :/
You don't want to....

@Virtual Chatot, I instead make hot cocoa. Then, I just go and sleep. Lock my door so my family won't bug me. I usually listen to my iPod in bed then just drift off to sleep...
That's why I kinda need my iPod, I need it for my bad days...

Pani
December 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I got pretty lucky bringing expensive electronics to school.

Whenever I brought my iPod, it remained in my pocket with its headphones. No way for it to get stolen. When I brought my old phones, I stuck them in a little pocket of my lunchbox, no one ever touched them. When I got my new (slimmer) phone, it went in my pocket with the iPod.

My DS however, usually just stayed in my bag all day. Some teachers would let us take our bags in, but some wouldn't, so I'd have my DS (and all the games) out in the open for 70 minutes. Luckily, it was never touched.

One of my friends wasn't so lucky - her DS lite was stolen from her bag when she was in a maths lesson. It had her Animal Crossing cartridge in it too, so she was hell of upset. She ended up buying an old DS from another guy we knew, and got a new Animal Crossing game.

Edit: Oh, and we didn't have lockers.

Voltagenic
December 13th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I'm going to be nice and point out the part that was especially made for you.
The post was so long because I had some many things to tell everyone to stop this moron-fest.

I read the whole thing, you had just pissed me off at the time.

Gold warehouse
December 13th, 2008, 06:44 AM
If you can't take care of your fancy little flashy thing, you don't deserve it. Why are you wasting £200 on an Ipod, you can buy an Mp3 for about £10 and that plays music dosn't it? Also why take your flashy, fancy £200 item into school? Your surprised that it got stolen? WTF were you expecting? Today sucks? Wow you have a terrible life, but being able to afford an Ipod in the first place puts you better off than millions of other people. Go beg your parents for a new one I'm sure they will give it to you. Feel glad your not in Rochester, Kent; if you were seen with an Ipod there you wouldn't just have it stolen, you would be dead (now I'm stereotyping).

I hope you have a nice day.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
December 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I read the whole thing, you had just pissed me off at the time.

Okay... It's still the truth, you know.
Seriously.

Think as you will.