PDA

View Full Version : PSP or DS

Varsity
December 11th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Which do you prefer, PSP or DS. Explain.
Lol this sounds like an exam question.

Doctor
December 11th, 2008, 02:21 PM
DS. I haven't got any of them right now ^^" But I'd like a DS. The simple explanation is... DS has Pokémon! -blushes and runs-

Gummy
December 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I've got both and I can say without a doubt in my mind that the DS is better. Sure, the PSP has some awesome graphics, but it pretty much ends with that. $50 for a handheld game is just too much, good games are released once in a blue moon, and the PSP itself is pretty pricey.

Signomi
December 11th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Another gaming thread? :/ These go to Other Games, people. Not in Other Voting Polls.

~Moved

Thomas
December 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, what a post for a POKEMON FORUM. lol
So yeah...DS

wolf
December 11th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Kinda obvious for a bunch of pokemon luvers, DS!!

Koji123456789
December 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
DS. It has cool fetures..............

Varsity
December 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Wow, what a post for a POKEMON FORUM. lol
So yeah...DSI'm just trying to get some intake lol. I figured what the answer would be...

December 11th, 2008, 03:16 PM
DS. It has cool fetures..............
That means you don't know what the PSP is capable of.

...you're comparing apples and oranges here, people. The DS has a touch screen, yeah? It just makes gameplay more gimmicky...the PSP has books full of features (which I'd rather not go into here).

Cassino
December 11th, 2008, 03:29 PM
DS: Runs games; Pictochat feature.
PSP: Runs games; plays audio; plays video; displays images; browses the Internet.

True there are a lot more things to weigh up, mostly on the PSP's end, but it gives you an idea of what one I prefer. xD
That's overall though; I still like the DS because although I no longer play Pokemanz, I do play Advance Wars. :O

suicidesal
December 11th, 2008, 03:39 PM
PSP from a technical standpoint is better, also really good that you can play nearly all the PSX games on it.

But I like my DS A LOT better, just because I found there weren't a lot of games for the PSP and you needed to do a lot of back-end work to get most downloaded games to play and by the time you had them working you were sick of them, and if you want to do homebrew you have to constantly keep up with the scene.

DS, I find has a lot better original games for and homebrow 9 times out of ten is just download, drag n drop, and play.

Vernikova
December 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM
On a Pokémon thread, I choose a PSP. I use it more than the DS and just like everything I can do on it. Basically, it's more useful to me more often than the DS.

storm393
December 12th, 2008, 12:54 PM
i prefer ds's over psp's cause the psp hasnt come out with much titles that interest me (else than final fantasy @_@)

POKEARC3NCIEL
December 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM
The PSP is just capable of teh graphics.
DS relly make the handheld ganeration to its next level.

Aurafire
December 12th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I've only played the DS, but I'm sure if I had a PSP I'd play that as well. I guess I like 'em both equally =P

sonicisrad
December 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I'm going for PSP here simply because it has Crisis Core on it, simnply put, Best game ever, though, I need a DS, so then I can talk about Diamond and Pearl and know I'm right.

Arctus Tibal
December 12th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I choose PsP because although pokemon is a great game and all it really cant compete with the psp's graphics or gaming support (god of war, Crisis core, Ngame+ :P)

Ascaris
December 12th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I've bought a DS and regretted it. I prefer the PSP.

Myoko-chan
December 12th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I just simply like DS cause it has more... variety, I guess, and it also has Square Enix remakes (Final Fantasy III&IV as well as Chrono Trigger) and it has The World Ends With You, which is pretty good. In terms of games, I would like DS better. But if I was to compare what both systems can do and what not, I would choose PSP.

Eon-Rider
December 13th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I always get Nintendo handhelds just for Pokemon and that's exactly why I currently own a DS over a PSP.

Razer302
December 13th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I have both the PSP and DS. I have had my PSP a year longer but I have played my DS much more. I think the DS has much better games, Chrono Trigger, Phoenix Wright, Advance wars and Pokemon being only a few that I love. Whereas I think the PSP only has a few decent games., even with the extras of the music, video and a web browser I think the DS is better for console and the PSP is better as a multimedia device.

My vote goes for DS for the sheer enjoyment of the games.

Ayouki Emerald
December 13th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I have both. Couldn't there be another choice?-> "Both"

If I am required to vote, then I am going with the Ds... Mainly because of D/P...

Zet
December 13th, 2008, 07:09 AM
in my overall opinion, I prefer the DS, sure it may not have awesome 3D graphics like the PSP but it's more durable since my brother's PSP slim has broke like 10 times not sure how exactly, but it's not really the point, the point is that he's thrown his DS around and it still works like it was brand new, plus I love all the nintendo games that are available for the DS

Graceful
December 13th, 2008, 07:38 AM
PSP-
you can like go on the internet and play games + download pictures

Virtual Chatot
December 13th, 2008, 07:51 AM
PSP for me! For the sole fact that I can run Windows and Linux on it XD

Haza
December 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Ds, It seems a lot more like my style. Besides, though my first game system was a playstation I am now Nintendo loyal.

Mario The World Champion
December 14th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I own both handheld consoles and while I like the DS due to it has better games and the touch screen, my vote goes for the PSP because I always use it for playing music and I can hook it up to my Xbox 360 with a USB cable to play my music with my 360.

Quanghuy
December 15th, 2008, 03:51 AM
I use the PSP, mostly for its multi-functional features. I don't even know why I have an iPod anymore, haven't touched the thing in months. I have the DS too, but I only have use for it as a gaming console, I put custom firmware into just to see if I could in my spare time, but I don't use the quirks such as listening to music on your DS that comes with the CFW. I also like the PSP because I don't have to fear bending the screen too much and breaking it (I know that I woud never do that, but the though runs through my head and freaks me out XD).

Cherrim
December 15th, 2008, 04:37 AM
lmao I'm getting the lamest ads on this page.

I have to go with the DS. I got my PSP earlier this year but after playing through Crisis Core, Katamari, and... Daxter, which came with it, I honestly have not touched it once. :| As for my DS, I've barely put it down since I got it. (And before I got it I was constantly sharing it with my brother.)

I already own an iPod so I wouldn't use my PSP for music--it's too bulky to carry around in my pocket anyway. As for its browser... I don't normally need to use it. If I'm home at the wifi connection, my laptop is almost always on anyway and if not, it's much faster to go use one of the desktop computers. Not to mention with homebrew I can pretty much put those features on the DS if I want them.

So it comes down to games and... DS games just interest me more. I'm constantly playing my DS--I use it to wind down at night before I go to sleep and almost every night for the past... 6 months at least, I've been playing something on it, be it an actual DS game or finally playing Pokémon Emerald. XD; But as I mentioned before, I played the two games I really wanted a PSP for and haven't used it since. :/ I do plan on eventually getting more games for it but right now I'd rather spend the extra money I do have on other games. The PSP is just too lacking (to me) in the game department to even come close~
Pictochat feature.
I agree it's pretty useless in most situations buuut... it's pretty damn fun when you're sitting in line at a convention for something and there are enough people in line with you to fill up all the Pictochat rooms. So long as you ignore the loser spouting internet memes and drawing inappropriate genitalia in the room, it's pretty fun. :P

Kaori
December 15th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Sorry but I have to go with the Ds...I never really liked the psp much...

Ayano Katagiri
December 17th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I own a DS lite, but I do like how the PSP's screen is immensely larger and some of the games that are on it. I had a choice of getting either one, but when with the DS because of Pokemon at the time.

Nuke
December 17th, 2008, 04:29 AM
DS -

Less expensive
More games (Especially quality games)
Range of colours
Nintendo franchises
Can connect to wii
Doesnt lack so badly in graphics

Yuukihime
December 21st, 2008, 12:35 AM
DS mainly , I have a psp there are a few good games for it but mainly I think it was a waste sometimes, I love the 5 games for it, and I've looked for many other games for it, I look for and look for it , but I can't find crap for the psp. Only sports games or rather gorey violent games (which I both distinctly hate) And along with that minor annoying feature, I can never use anything the psp gives me , internet, pictures, I can do squat for it. Unless its games, everythings to complex, it's got some good gaming features, but face it. The psp is to complex for alot of people to handle unless they have the most epic attention span ever to read the manual. I don't mind the psp the gaming features are great (especially with the very few games I have) but face it, the psp could never live up to the quality the ds gaming features hold.

The ds on the other hand, instead of making it difficult to use all this complex crap, they go 'okay pictochat, game enter mode , game boy advance enter mode, and techinical stuff.' and then they go 'to make it look official, lets just throw in this useless technical manuel sicne everything so gosh darn easy to get.' Seriously. The ds is amoungst one of the greatest gaming consoles they've ever came up wih, I can get tons of games for the ds, pokemon, tamagotch, zelda, and tons of other casual gaming games, that aren't fild with gore, violence, inapppropriate conduct, or sports. I have like 20 games for the ds, 5 for the psp, half of em I don't even play, I'm not knocking the psp it's a good quality gaming experience but overall ds meets my high quality gaming standards.

⋚Raika⋚
December 21st, 2008, 12:50 AM
DS. The DS has more good games than the PSP. But the PSP has Dissidia though, and thats a completely different story. :D

moments.
December 21st, 2008, 12:58 AM
I am going to vote for DS because I have only ever played a PSP once and although it was good, I just love Nintendo and the DS is such an awesome idea.
Dual Screen was simply incredible and it set a standard, from what I know, that standard has not been reached by anyone else.

The Dark Knight
December 21st, 2008, 01:59 AM
The DS, the PSP may have better graphics, but the games on the DS are way more fun, you can watch videos & listen to music with an R4, and it has wifi and multiplayer.

TIC TAC
December 21st, 2008, 02:08 AM
DS for Pokemanz, but PSP has internet so...

Haza
December 21st, 2008, 09:31 AM
Although I use DS and am Nintendo loyal I wouldnt mind having a red PSP

Aegis
December 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Probably the DS, just for the fact that there are more games for it I like :D;; I really like the feel of the PSP, and the graphics, but there's hardly any games for it that I like.

Renyui!
December 21st, 2008, 11:29 AM
DS has some nice features. It was drawing on maps in LoZ, Battling with Pokemon in D/P, and even Drawing your own Hero, with Drawn to life. Anyway, a PSP doesn't need all those features - most of us all reay have ipods, internet, etc.

moments.
December 24th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Agreed with Vivaa on the PSP not needing all the features. Besides, even if you were going to use a PSP for music, they are quite bulky and large and would make me consider buying an iPod if I didn't already have one so I dodn't need to lug the PSP around.

Cid
December 24th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I'd choose the DS if I had to pick between the two...
It's because I don't care about the graphics and sound, what I care about is the gameplay (usually the variety of it), and I think the DS has more of what I'm describing.
Also, I've been an avid supporter of Nintendo, and Pokémon DPP is in it so...

ソラ
December 24th, 2008, 02:18 AM
I like both. But I play DS more.

So I go with DS.

Candace
December 24th, 2008, 02:56 AM
I have both, but I admit to RARELY playing PSP... only for watching movies when sitting on the subway or something

My DS however NEVER leaves my side and it's always on with a game. DS just has a bigger variety to choose from

Haza
December 24th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I have both, but I admit to RARELY playing PSP... only for watching movies when sitting on the subway or something

My DS however NEVER leaves my side and it's always on with a game. DS just has a bigger variety to choose from

Thats me(or how I would be if I had a PSP), The DS has more games I play and is more stylish to me.

Fox♠
December 26th, 2008, 04:58 PM
The PSP is just capable of teh graphics.
DS relly make the handheld ganeration to its next level.

gtfo now.

You obviously know nothing about PSP if you think it's only capable of "graphics"

I've got a PSP and had a DS (gave it to my sister) and although I did enjoy some DS games (Rocket Slime, Pokemon Pearl) I found I got bored of it fast. Similar story with PSP too I guess (Only it got played a lot more with my friends than the DS ever did), but then I got into homebrewing and now my PSP is a whole new experience for me.

But yes, PSP is by far the pinnacle of handheld gaming and in fairness was ahead of it;s time when it was released.

Volkner's Apprentice
December 26th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I have two of three friends with PSPs and it really just seems like the games that come out for it. Added to the fact that it just does what an iPhone does without the phone part, it's not super special awesome at all.

I prefer the DS's wifi capabilities better, plus the games have way more variety and appeal to many different audiences.

Gumball Watterson
December 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
What kind of dumb question is this? Everyone knows that the DS is better.

The DS outsales the PSP by 5 times the PSP sales.

Aizuke
December 27th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I'd say PSP.

I'm not big on nintendo products unfortunately and only bought a DS so I could play the new pokemon games, but eh. :x

Plus, the PSP is more to my liking, since it has a more wide range of extras, and it's pretty much like a mini PS3.

s0nido
December 27th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I prefer a DS, as it is the best tool for playing games that are fun-filled. DS has more multiplayer capabilities, and, with the right stuff, you can transform your DS into a multimedia device.

.Vaporeon
December 27th, 2008, 04:20 AM
I have both of them and I think the DS is better.
I think you should wait for the DS-i as I think it would be a waste to get the DS Lite now. As the DS-i has much more features and it will help you more if you wait. It's up to you, but in my opinion you should wait.

-Neku Sakuraba

Sweet Speed
December 27th, 2008, 04:22 AM
It's quite hard becuase both have got their up sides. I like the PSP a lot because of It's graphics and It's wide selection of games, I also love the fact you can watch movies and play music on it. Not to mention It's add ons such as; Sat Nav and Internet.

The DS is a great fun little thing. Seriously my Dad said I could only get one and I chose DS straight away. I mean all the games it has that I really like... Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda and some more. I also really liked the idea of a touch screen and pictochat (even though when I got it I didn't really find it useful.)

So, Overall I found the DS more to my liking. However, I want a PSP now and I'm actually saving up for it since I've already blown my money on a PS3.

Saud-Blaziken
December 27th, 2008, 05:33 AM
i choose DS in my opinion its much better

angelsavoir
December 27th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I defiantly enjoy my DS way more then my psp. There is many more games for the DS and I just overall like it better.

Zombie Heroez
December 27th, 2008, 04:39 PM
On a whole, the PSP is a better system.
But I voted DS.
I'm still upset that my PSP got stolen.
So I'm feeling rather DS-y lately?

Jasonpower
December 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I like the DS better than PSP.But the PSP seems more detailed and more optionable which makes it better than the DS,but still i like the DS better.:)

eeveegirl
December 28th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Ds onsers psp ........................................................

Caelus
December 28th, 2008, 11:23 PM
The DS is my preferred handheld, and the reason why is probably because it has better games and I find it to be more innovative than the PSP.

While I do enjoy the PSP, I also find some of the features to be "unnecessary", such as internet access, and I don't find it to be as sturdy as the DS (In my opinion).

That's pretty much about it.

Unforgettable
December 29th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Well, both have good points. I like the graphics of the PSP and all the little things you can do with it. But I like how the DS plays. More interesting. Plus the DS has TWEWY, though the PSP has CC

But over all, I like the DS more.

Step.One.Step.Closer.To.Me
December 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Can we just end this thread and say DS is the winner?.
I've read all of the things and DS wins

deliriouspurple
December 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I prefer DS because it has cool graphics and i'm a nintendo fan as well!!!

.emerald
December 29th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I have both, although I prefer the DS. For reasons that I had a lot more enjoyment from Nintendo's stylish handheld than the PSP.

Yrie
December 31st, 2008, 09:17 AM
DS mainly because I own one and I love it. Besides that, there's not many games I know of for the PSP that look like I might actually enjoy.

~Kavin~
December 31st, 2008, 09:37 AM
I just read about the PSP yesterday I believe.....sales are sadly declining! The DS is strong competition! As it's sales went up, the PSP had an opposite effect.

Tokin
December 31st, 2008, 09:56 AM
both are good systems, but I think the DS is more versatile and more gaming oriented than the psp, which is more focused on connectivity with the ps3 and its other features

pkmnhippy
December 31st, 2008, 09:58 AM
What about the DSi? That has good features.

DS for me.

Fox♠
December 31st, 2008, 05:15 PM
I just read about the PSP yesterday I believe.....sales are sadly declining! The DS is strong competition! As it's sales went up, the PSP had an opposite effect.

PSP has never really had good sales to be fair. I only brought mine because I found the DS to be a massive waste of cash and I wanted a handheld for bus and train rides.

DS appeals to a lot more people. it's cheaper, more user friendly, has a LOT of casual games (and I mean a lot) and is smaller.

PSP however is a lot more versatile with better online and multiplayer and if you mod it, it becomes a real open world.

Like I said earlier, both have obvious plus points and flaws. Neither one is really better all round, it's just a matter of preference.

Capt. Couch
December 31st, 2008, 08:11 PM
DS. Even though the PSP has a powerful homebrew base (it runs freaking PSX games, N64 games, and specially-modified OSes for God's sake!! *want*), there aren't too many titles that are worth buying, but there are some good titles out there like Metal Gear Acid and Killzone: Liberation.

I prefer the DS mostly because homebrew is much easier to work with, but there are some good titles on the market too, and while they're mostly for the casual, every-day player, there are some games to play designed for gamers like Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart DS.

Artemis
January 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM
I would have to the DS, the PSP is good too, but I favor the DS more...

Zorua
January 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
...Normally in these cases I would say the DS, because yeah, it has pokemon and all that good stuff. But when you get down to it, really, PSP wins hands down. Before anyone calls me biased or anything, let me explain myself first, please.

First of all, has anyone ever seen the DS Library as of recent? The games for 2008 and the games that are coming out in 2009? Don't you notice that, say, the majority of those games are like, kiddy games? Like TV shows made into games and stuff like that? It's what really drove me away from the DS, and it's losing it's touch. Don't get me wrong, I like the DS for being the DS, but the majority of it's Library is really annoying me.

The PSP however, even though you all may say something about the durability problems and such; I know of this; and people just need to take better care of their products. I know Sony makes fragile products at times, and that's exactly why you need to take better care of them, and then they won't be breaking as much. But then again, that's only one of my points. Let me go on to the next and the main: the games.

The games that are coming out for the PSP such as Parasite Eve 3 are really games that I'm looking forward to getting. It has that...action, drama, and emotion that I'm really after that most of the DS games fail to give to me. I know someone's going to come and say that the good PSP games aren't going to come until, say, late 2009 or early 2010, but think about it now: Final Fantasy Dissidia, Parasite Eve 3, Final Fantasy Crisis Core. It is without doubt that Square Enix has taken very good care of the handheld, and therefore switched my complete and utter opinion around to the PSP because of it.

All in all, I'm losing my grip on Nintendo; the more they sell out kiddy games. To be honst with you, Pokemon's going to get old sooner or later(not to some of you, though, no offense) and then there's not going to be anything else. I mean, as soon as you're done with Pokemon Platinum, what else is there to do for the DS?

So yeah, my whole input on everything. And no, I'm not a PSP fanboy. I like both handhelds, it's just that I appreciate the PSP better just because it has a better library and all.

Also, KH: BbS anyone?

Metatron
January 1st, 2009, 02:21 PM
To be perfectly honest...I'm not entirely sure. I only own a DS, so I can't really make judgment on the PSP as of yet, but as far as hardware goes, the PSP gets my vote hands down. The graphics, from what I've noticed are much better than the DS's, and to be honest, I find the controls to be alot less confusing; the touch-screen seemed to be pretty cool at first, but in faster-paced games, the whole set-up can get rather confusing. I bought my DS (regrettably) mainly for pokemon pearl, but outside of Nintendo franchise games, it...really seems to lack in terms of "older" games =/

Barney.
January 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM
Original games comes to mind straight away for me..

I mean, nearly all the games that come out for the DS are original.

PSP on the other hand..Nearly all the games that come out for it, come out for the PS2/3 also...adn I mean your not going on holiday everyday are you?.

For that reason alon, I vote for DS.

Fenrir Reki
January 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
PSP has better graphics and has more games to play then the DS. (If it's hacked, it has so much features!)

DS has very little fun games, and isn't really worth it. (Until the DSi comes out. You could use it as a camera if you don't have one!)

So I guess they are both ok.

Crimson Majestic
January 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
Although the PSP is a superior system overall, I use my DS way more and have more games on it. Sadly, there's not much the PSP has to offer me at the moment, besides Final Fantasy, God of War, and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Beckie
January 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
I will go for DS.

I just don't like Sony. I don't know why but I don't :<

jasonresno
January 3rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
If you want to spend money for good graphics, do it for a console--not a PSP.

If you want to spend money for a unique and endearing experience--buy a DS.

Persona
January 3rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
I own both, and I honestly have to say it's a tie for me. The DS is a fantastic thing to play with. The games are fun, the prices make them worth playing and the system is just plentiful overall (especially considering the capability of playing GBA games). I enjoy playing with the touch screen feature, although I don't really care about it at times.

On the other hand, I like the PSP’s larger screen for both games and videos, including its other media player capabilities (I would argue that these specialized devices out-perform the PSP in their fields, however). The games seem to be less impressive compared to those released for the DS, and there are only a couple of certain titles that have interested me so far. However it’s not really a problem for me when I have homebrewing, as I could play several of my favourite console games on a handheld.

I guess what I’m saying that it’s not right to compare the two machines as they have different intentions. The DS is strictly a game machine at heart and excels in it, while the PSP is a device that handles all the jobs well. :3

Optiimus
January 4th, 2009, 02:51 AM
For PSP if you want to get hacked games and stuff
but you need the firmware
and if you already dont have a psp
its too late !
but for DS get an R4 and pop away!

Ember
January 4th, 2009, 06:10 AM
DS because there's a new DS coming and its uber cool lol

Dusclord
January 4th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I'd say DS 'cause :

1. I have one then I know it better http://www.jeuxvideo.com/smileys/18.gif
1. Less fragile thant the PSP, if it falls it mostly doesn't get damaged.
2. I CAN READ GBA CARTRIDGES OKAY ?! o:
3. The touchscreen is just casual, but anyway playing with buttons on two screens rocks.
4. ... etc. '-'

Fox♠
January 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I own both, and I honestly have to say it's a tie for me. The DS is a fantastic thing to play with. The games are fun, the prices make them worth playing and the system is just plentiful overall (especially considering the capability of playing GBA games). I enjoy playing with the touch screen feature, although I don't really care about it at times.

On the other hand, I like the PSP’s larger screen for both games and videos, including its other media player capabilities (I would argue that these specialized devices out-perform the PSP in their fields, however). The games seem to be less impressive compared to those released for the DS, and there are only a couple of certain titles that have interested me so far. However it’s not really a problem for me when I have homebrewing, as I could play several of my favourite console games on a handheld.

I guess what I’m saying that it’s not right to compare the two machines as they have different intentions. The DS is strictly a game machine at heart and excels in it, while the PSP is a device that handles all the jobs well. :3

Probably one of the only decent arguments in this thread was yours.
And I agree with most points. However the price thing for DS games is different in England

DS games cost about £30 (like $57) whereas PSP games cost £20 (roughly $37)

Le_Avatar
January 4th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Probably one of the only decent arguments in this thread was yours.
And I agree with most points.

X 2 ;)

I own both portable system and I can't really say that they can be compared... They're not made to play the same type of game. But I couldn't get rid of any of the 2.
They're both awesome in their field.

Pika'chu500
January 4th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I would pick the Dsi but it's not there and plus I heard it's not coming out no more.

AtomicoExploda
January 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM
There should be an in between option, cuz I can't decide I mean like there is pokemon and Mario on the DS and then there is final fantasy and breath of fire on the PSP, can't choose between them. >_<

An-chan
January 5th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I have to say DS.

I've played with both of them and I know a decent amount of stuff about both of them, too. For me, the only choice is DS for several reasons:

1. When I look at the PSP game shelf in a game store, it has two or three games I'd like to buy. When I look at the DS game shelf, it has ten or more games I'd like to buy. I'm just generally more in the focus group of DS than PSP.

2. Sure, PSP has an awesome, large screen and you can watch movies with it. However, when you play with it, the big screen is practically the only merit it has. The touch screen on DS is innovative and it's fun to play games with it. PSP only has a directional pad and an analog stick in a place that makes your thumb sore if you use it (that's the same with the controllers of PS2 and PS3. What's with that?). It's just not as much fun to play with directional pad than it is to poke at the touch screen with a stick :laugh:

3. Okay, you can listen to music and watch movies on PSP. For some people, that's a great feature. You know, a portable movie-watching macine for a long bus trip or something is simply an awesome idea. However, when I buy a handheld game console, I want to play games with it. All other features are useless for me. Why should I pay extra for a feature I won't be using? Thus, DS. Of course, this is a fairly stupid point in general, but an important thing for me. That's the same reason I don't want a cell phone that has a MP3-player in it.

I generally like Nintendo's consoles more, because they do the thing I bought them for. They're gaming machines. I don't want to pay extra for a blue-ray player or DVD player or whatnot. I want to play games. I guess it's kind of stupid, but...

From these two, DS is definietly my choice. PSP has some good games and some awsome features, but DS just wins in my case.

Besides, isn't it a bit unfair to ask a question like this on a Pokémon forum? :laugh: Although I bought Pokémon Diamond because it was on DS, not vice versa.

>Feelings<
January 5th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I've only played the DS, but I'm sure if I had a PSP I'd play that as well. I guess I like 'em both equally =P

Yeah, same here. So my vote goes to DS.

Fox♠
January 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Besides, isn't it a bit unfair to ask a question like this on a Pokémon forum? :laugh: Although I bought Pokémon Diamond because it was on DS, not vice versa.

Yes, incredibly unfair. Because you have all the kids who are like "I HATE SONY BUT I LUV NINTENDO LOLOLOL" and "IV NEVR PLAYD A SONY CONSOLE BUT CUZ I HERD FRUM SUM PPL THAT SONY R THEVES I AM SAY DS"

I mean, you raised fair points, as did some other people, but a lot of the Nintendo community would literally vote DS for the sake of not voting for a Sony product.

Empire
January 6th, 2009, 03:41 PM
PSP Can play Movies, Games, Music, & Hold Photo's and you can also buy expandable memory and access the internet. So in my opinion. PSP is better.

BrokenRoses
January 6th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I go 4 PSP 100%
i have a hacked psp and i play all pokemon games on it
even diomand and pearl
i created my own touch screen so i ran my dsligh over wit meh bike
If you ever want to play nintendo games and such on psp
READ MY SIGNICHER!!!!!!

MindlessMastermind
January 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Yes, its true that you can play pokemon games on the psp with the use of emulation (not going into that any further) so if you look at it that way then the PSP is clearly the superior system. But, if you choose that route, you forgo online gameplay/wi-fi trading, full functionality, and that nice little feeling that you supported the franchise :/

Kazukii
January 12th, 2009, 10:12 AM
On the whole Ds games are better.

Nytkoi
January 12th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Quite the intresting question; I know my answer, nevertheless :] I choose The Nintendo DS becuase it has a better variety of games in my opinion. The PSP has games for older teens, such as 18 and up. Since I'm lower than that, I dislike the PSP's games. So, as the DS being the next console to buy; I bought it, and it's much better in my opinion.

.:Kanto:.
January 12th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Bwah, too hard to choose. I have both atm. My PSP is used as much as my DS. But I went with DS due to the fact that it's my newest and I'm a huge Pokémon fan lol.

Guillermo
January 12th, 2009, 06:45 PM
PSP just beats the DS for me.

The PSP can play movies and all that awesomeness, so I chose the PSP.

And the the analog stick being the little thing where the sound comes out is an awesome idea if you ask me. The games on the DS are better than that of the PSP, however.

Snyser
January 13th, 2009, 01:56 PM
lol i have both but i play more on the ds becaus i play pokemon diamond so i say curently say the ds
soon if a cool game is coming to psp then i say psp got it lol^^ hahaha

spike6958
January 13th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I voted for the DS because i have so much fun with my DS and have lots of games to play on it, however there where a few games that did make the choice difficult, which where FFVII:Crisis Core, FFT:War of the Lions, FF:Dissidia, Daxter, GoW:Chains of Olympus, and the upcoming KH:Birth By Sleep, if it wasn't for them the PSP would be nothing more than a glorified MP3/Movie player.

Goðafoss
January 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Nintendo DS by far, much more games that I like to play.

.Socks
January 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I own both, and I prefer the DS. I'm a fan of both companies (Sony and Nintendo), but the DS just... does it better for me. It has a more expansive library, IMO; more games that appeal to me and what-not. Noted, there are some amazing games for the PSP (Crisis Core, GoW, Daxter, LocoRoco, etc...), but the DS has more (Phoenix Wright series, Pokemon, FFTA2, Kirby games that never fail to amuse me, etc...).

I love the Internet browser for PSP (I use it frequently!), but seeing as they're gaming consoles, I don't think that should be taken into account, really.

evilishan
January 15th, 2009, 10:50 PM
DS, cause i like two screens! PSP is pretty good though too.

Megaera
January 16th, 2009, 02:07 AM
NDs of course! I love it, it has more games and pokemon games, but i like psp too, it's also good though.

BeachBoy
January 16th, 2009, 02:29 AM
If I had to choose one, it'd be the Nintendo DS. I've just had a more enjoyable experience with it. However, I love the PSP as well. Just if I had to, DS for previous experiences.

NoBel_ToKYo ™
January 16th, 2009, 04:16 AM
I have both. When i want something that played graphically detailed (albeit handpicked and rare) and good games, but also listen to music and watch videos and tsuff, i'll use the PSP.

But if i want to play something simpler, maybe more nostalgiac, but has quality games by the bucketload i play on the DS. I like 'em both, but the world ends ends with you is really gatting to me here..XD

¡No Hablo Inglés!
January 16th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I'm another one of those people who owns both a DS and a PSP and honestly, I get far more use out of the DS. The only game I play on my PSP is Crisis Core, while on DS, I've got Pokémon and The World Ends With You, as well as many others. I suppose I just prefer the game choices on DS. =P

matt561
January 16th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Before having my PSP stolen i would have stuck with it.

But back then i was embarrssed to play pokemon

the bitter end.
January 16th, 2009, 06:47 AM
DS has awesome nintendo games and touch screen. so I'll go with DS. and it's not the uber expensive 200$ PSP.