PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] "Online Users" Record

Archer
December 12th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I want to share a story:

Upon glancing at the "Most users ever online was 995, June 29th, 2007 at 07:59 AM." note on the main page statistics, an ambitious idea grasped my concious...

...Attempt a new record for online users.

I think it would be fun to organise a one hour period, in which members will all log on, attempting to set an online record of at least 2,000. We currently have 13,917 active members. With that in mind, I don't think it's too much to ask. Of course we'd have to pick a time that suited the most members, so the Higher Staff would need to compare the number of each GMT +/- Timezone across the board. When a dominant time is established, we could choose a date (preferably a weekend) for this to take place.

If you are feeling philanthropic enough to assist your loving community in this feat, then I beg of you, let's give this a go! (We'll need staff approval, of course. :D)

~ Archer

Eon-Rider
December 12th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I don't think that record should be abused like that. Then again, it has no real purpose.

Aizuke
December 12th, 2008, 03:31 AM
The problem is that people may be busy with in real life events and might not be able to get online at the time.

Chibi-chan
December 12th, 2008, 03:47 AM
There was already a thread on this Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156340).
Didn't look like the idea got very far though...
Wait till Platinum is released in the U.S and Australia, we'll get more hits then.

Eon-Rider
December 12th, 2008, 03:57 AM
There was already a thread on this Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156340).
Didn't look like the idea got very far though...
Wait till Platinum is released in the U.S and Australia, we'll get more hits then.

I actually was going to mention that thread but then I decided it wasn't worth looking up the thread. =P

Archer
December 12th, 2008, 04:03 AM
The problem is that people may be busy with in real life events and might not be able to get online at the time.
It's only for the people who are able to. I don't expect everyone to come online at a specific time, just those that can and want to.

I realise that we'll get a bunch of people online when Platinum is released, however, I don't see the point in waiting for two main reasons:
~ It will be unlikely to get as much activity as DP would have.
~ This is merely for fun. If we can pull something like this off, then it would show how much of a co-operative forum we really are. :D

Hey, I honestly can't see the harm in giving it a go. 995 is starting to bug me...

ErickaVolt
December 12th, 2008, 04:13 AM

Are the people too busy in Christmas day too?

Cherrim
December 12th, 2008, 04:51 AM
I don't really mind if we do this--not like it hasn't been done before at PC. But like Chibi said, organization started for one and nothing happened. I'd suggest, if you're serious about it, waiting until only a few weeks before the date and planning then. No one will remember something if you bring up the idea too far in advance.
Most people are spending time with their families.

To be honest? PC is busier when people aren't on holidays and vacations. We experience a bit of an activity drought during summer and it picks up again in fall when people are back in school. :P We see the same thing for winter holidays.

Archer
December 12th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Well, it was only a suggestion. If you guys aren't so keen, we may as well drop the idea. I was sort of in an overly-ambitious attitude when I posted, anyway. I'm done with this...

Angela
December 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Like Lightning said people will be spending time with there family, so how about next summer?

I like this idea but it is to much trouble to perform it.:D