PDA

View Full Version : Wii vs Gamecube controllers for SSBB

Milke
December 12th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Which do you use for SSBB?

I tried the wii one, and ended up jumping off the edge 5 times. So I only use the gamecube one now.

TRIFORCE89
December 12th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I use the Classic Controller :p

spike6958
December 12th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I use the Wiimote, it the only thing i can use to play it.

SethCullen
December 12th, 2008, 12:10 PM
WiiMote.

Nunchuck idea, is phail.

Classic i dont have.

Gamecube i use if my friends are over.

So Wiimote and GC.

Eon-Rider
December 12th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I've tried all the controls since I have access to all of them and I have to say I prefer the GC controller over all the rest. At first I thought the Classic Controller would be similar but it was horrible because it didn't vibrate and I was too used to Melee so I've stuck with the GC controller ever since. The Wiimote felt awful too because of the weird location of the shield button. The Nunchuk + Wiimote combination felt similar to the GC Controller at first but I just don't like having my hands apart.

Wulf
December 12th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I used to use Wii-Mote+ Numchuck, then I had to use a GC Controller because my batteries were low. Stuck to that since it's easier to do ATs anyways.

Harry Blue5
December 14th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Gamecube controller, though it's partly because I am really used to playing on Melee, and mastered most of the controls on GC. I tried the Wiimote but...

Gumball Watterson
December 14th, 2008, 10:33 AM
GC Control is better, really. I simply can't do anything with the Wii controls.

It's also easy to launch my Combos with the GC Control.

chanchimi
December 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I have to go with the Gamecube controller. I play better with it. I can use the Wii controller but I'm not nearly as good with it.

Mitchman
December 14th, 2008, 10:47 AM
GC all the way. Its so useful!

msdmario
December 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I use the Classic Controller. I've gotten use to it in 10 minutes of playing Brawl and I've been using it in too much to the point where I don't want to use a Gamecube Controller anymore. Plus, my 2 Gamecube Controllers I have suck now because the analog stick is so worn out after playing 5 years worth of Melee. Everytime I play with those controllers, my character always moves in a certain direction against my will.

Haven't bothered to get a new one because new GC controllers can only be found on the internet now so I'll just stick with the Classic Controller.

Giratina ♀
December 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM
GameCube controller.

Our actual GameCube is never used, and I kick tail with it. Plus, I only have the Wiimote and there's two of those, which makes it difficult when my cousin comes over.

Rockéttes
December 14th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Definitely the GC controller. I grew up playing SSB64, so the controls on the GC controller just seem... natural, I guess.

I have tried the Wiimote, though; it takes some getting used to, but I suppose it isn't too bad.

Gummy
December 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I'm too used to the GC controller to switch over to the Wiimote. The Wiimote is simply too different from the N64 and GC controllers, which I had spent years playing with.

Firebird1515
December 14th, 2008, 05:29 PM
GAMECUBE!!!! Its much easier to me

Forci Stikane
December 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM
The Wii Remote controls are decent in a pinch, but I still go with my Wavebird as my main controller. Haven't even tried the Classic Controller yet, though.

Jeremy
December 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Well sweeties, I really don't have a preference, I use all four control schemes. XD

Cherrim
December 16th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Wavebird GCN controller. Anything else is too heavy, or annoying, or completely unuseable to me. :( I did try to use the Wii remote controls but... after one game with each variation I just didn't bother--they're far too "simplified" and I find it too hard to do what I want. I just stick with that I've been using for years.

BeachBoy
December 16th, 2008, 05:18 AM
I despise playing SSBB on the WiiMote, since day one I've been ticked off with using that. >_> Gamecube Controller, however, was much much better, and my controller of preference, seeing as I don't have a Classic Controller. ):

The Hero Without a Name
December 16th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I only have nunchucks right now, and they're all that I'm used to, but I hear that several crucial combos for Kirby are actually POSSIBLE to perform on the GC controller (coughGonzocough)

Pan!ko
December 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I'm more use to gamecube and I know what all the controls are, but somehow I'm better with the Wiimote...
I still use cube more though.

SkyPioneer
December 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Every serious gamer would disregard the idea of using the Wii mote and stick with the 'cube.
Classics are alright, but rarely used. Wiimote standalone is useless and gimmick :/