PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: I got me some ideas

Mitchman
December 13th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Well im thinking and all and i think these could be useful/ worthy of adding
Community supporters without paying.
Wah???? Yeah you read right. i mean you wont be full powered like the true payers but you will be able to have such status. I mean you could support in a way the forums by being a correct member report a lot of bad posters and all. Sure people would abuse it but only those who are around long enough are well known and all could gain special privlages like that.
Mini-mods.
Yep a mini mod rank. Not truly a mini mod and all of course. Like maybe a mod aid. Lets say a thread has unfit posting or seems suspicious or something. You can suspend the thread until the proper mod arrives to see if its fit or not. And it would make things easier to control everything.

Those are my 2 cents and i think should be taken into consideration.

parallelzero
December 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
...Or you could be a helpful member and perhaps someday get modded?
We also have a report system that works really well for notifying the mods. There really is no need a mod aid. Oo;

Forci Stikane
December 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Wah???? Yeah you read right. i mean you wont be full powered like the true payers but you will be able to have such status. I mean you could support in a way the forums by being a correct member report a lot of bad posters and all. Sure people would abuse it but only those who are around long enough are well known and all could gain special privlages like that.

Veteran privileges, you mean? Good members get rewarded by being able to continue as good members. Besides, the people who would really deserve anything of the sort shouldn't care about nor need it.

Mini-mods.
Yep a mini mod rank. Not truly a mini mod and all of course. Like maybe a mod aid. Lets say a thread has unfit posting or seems suspicious or something. You can suspend the thread until the proper mod arrives to see if its fit or not. And it would make things easier to control everything.

Or you flag a thread so that a staff member can take a look at it later on? But, wait, we already have something like that: it's called the report button. There's really no need to make a whole new position for something that every sensible user on the board can already do. Curses, Ninja-Soma'd!

Mitchman
December 13th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Ah thanx now i feel stupid. i know we have the report button and all but yeah thanks for showing the error of my ideas.

Cassino
December 13th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Good members get rewarded by being able to continue as good members.
Average members don't get booted.
Good members don't get booted.

So good members don't get anything more. Okay perhaps that was part of your point, but now my point is that there could be some kind of member group as Mitchman put forward, 'senior' or 'elite' members as the group is so often called on many forums. There are only so many places for moderators, and probably too many good members to fit in said places.

Mitchman
December 13th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Oh yeah senior members sound good. But said senior members could be site supporter status like as they over the years helped pc grow into what it is today.

King Goodra
December 13th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Community supporters don't have a right at all to mini-mod. Donating to PC doesn't add anything on us. It just gives us some extra perks. It's not like the staff look at us any differently other than the fact that we donated to the cost of PC. The perks given to us relate to our user CP and abilities here at PC. We have larger PM space, larger avatars and profile pictures, images in our profiles, and a PC email (assuming that you're referring to a Tier 5). No where does it say "right to mini-mod". Community supporters without paying are.. members. Aside from that, if you look at it in terms of helping moderators, that kind of defeats the purpose of a super moderator if each moderator has a helper or something.

I don't know where you got the idea that supporters aren't members because they are. They have exactly the same permissions as members and can't do anything (except the things listed above) that regular members cannot do. Every member helps PC grows into what it is today. Be it a staff member, a supporter, a regular member or even a troll. They all, though some better than others, contribute something to PC.

Mitchman
December 13th, 2008, 11:44 AM
You read to fast. Read again. Anyway it was already considered bust so yeah.

King Goodra
December 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
You read to fast. Read again. Anyway it was already considered bust so yeah.

I'm well aware it was considered a "bust". Perhaps you read to fast because in there I basically explain the purpose of my reply (which was not to state that this was a bad idea).

Cassino
December 13th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I don't know where you got the idea that supporters aren't members because they are.
Sorry but lol.

It's simply the notion of good members getting privilages similar to those of supporters; and the mini-mod idea was already put down by Soma Peries.

And to both of you: it's "too fast".

King Goodra
December 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Sorry but lol.

It's simply the notion of good members getting privilages similar to those of supporters; and the mini-mod idea was already put down by Soma Peries.

And to both of you: it's "too fast".

Seeing as how I can read, I'm well aware of that. I'm not really all that stupid. But if you read his first post he says:

Well im thinking and all and i think these could be useful/ worthy of adding

Which implies that community supporters get special privileges that regular members do not, which they don't.

Cassino
December 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
... They do.
Larger avatar, larger PM space, etc.

Zet
December 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM
... They do.
Larger avatar, larger PM space, etc.
I think he meant like they're not closer to the staff more than the non supporters

Spinor
December 13th, 2008, 03:55 PM
If members had the right to mini-mod, then wouldn't that be giving power to less trusted people? And if less trusted people had that little power, it could easily end in abuse.

Supporters have extra privileges for their please as a thanks for donating. Members with that and mini-modding just for nagging to noobs that they did this wrong and conflict up with them and suspend threads is plainly abusive, stupid, and annoying.

Mods being the 4th lowest life forms is good as is. Mini-modders easily become annoying.

Cassino
December 13th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I think he meant like they're not closer to the staff more than the non supporters
Thought so, but I can't see how that's implied by what was quoted.
No need anyone tell me though, I'm not after solving little issues caused by careless wording.

Mini-modders easily become annoying.
Hm... I find it helpful if anything, but there we go, each forum is managed differently...

King Goodra
December 13th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Thought so, but I can't see how that's implied by what was quoted.
No need anyone tell me though, I'm not after solving little issues caused by careless wording.

Perhaps you should re-read my first reply if you think it's carelessly worded. I clearly made it obvious that I was discussing perks and not privileges. Those are two different things.

Community supporters don't have a right at all to mini-mod. Donating to PC doesn't add anything on us. It just gives us some extra perks. It's not like the staff look at us any differently other than the fact that we donated to the cost of PC. The perks given to us relate to our user CP and abilities here at PC. We have larger PM space, larger avatars and profile pictures, images in our profiles, and a PC email (assuming that you're referring to a Tier 5). No where does it say "right to mini-mod". Community supporters without paying are.. members. Aside from that, if you look at it in terms of helping moderators, that kind of defeats the purpose of a super moderator if each moderator has a helper or something.

I don't know where you got the idea that supporters aren't members because they are. They have exactly the same permissions as members and can't do anything (except the things listed above) that regular members cannot do. Every member helps PC grows into what it is today. Be it a staff member, a supporter, a regular member or even a troll. They all, though some better than others, contribute something to PC.If that isn't crystal clear, I don't know what is. Perhaps a stronger prescription of glasses is in order? :/

Cherrim
December 13th, 2008, 04:10 PM
1. Unfortunately, if we could give CS status to all members who were really good, we'd have way too many and the whole point of garnering donations would be lost.

2. We have enough mini-mods as it is; we don't want to encourage it in any way.

3. There... really isn't a need for this to stay open.