PDA

View Full Version : Mother 4

CloudKitteh
December 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Welcome to Mother IV: Oasis of the Sun

Hi, Im Eneko, and since Im a big mother fan, I dieceded to make my own mother fangame! If you are unfamiliar with the series go to this webpage : www.starmen.net.

Story: The year is 200x. You, Phoenix, have heard of the countless storys of the hero, Ness, and his friends Jeff, Paula, and Poo. You have decided you want to be part of the action. Numerous times you have failed to grasp a worthy adventure for you to quest. It's allways a job for the older ones. One day you venture through the woods and find a shimmering oasis. In it you see a glowing object. You pull it out and figure out the object is a
key. You then show the key to your twin brothers (triplets counting you.) Your brother Digit says he has a box that has strange emblems on it and a keyhole. You open up the box and to your surprise there is three special items for every triplet. Phoenix gets a jar of glowing light, Digit gets a plasma gun, and the youngest of the triplets, Tyler, gets an orange box. Phoenix, excited about the gifts, opens the jar. The rays of light are absorbed into his body and he soon learns PSI. Tyler opens the box... out pops a beautiful white cat. The cat teaches him that he has learned Natural PSI. The cat then explains why they have been esembled. " When the Fab Four defeated Giygas, you where all born." "How can that be?!" they all asked in unison. "The gang had to travel back in time in order to defeat Giygas." the she-cat said. " When he was defeated a being of light was cast upon the world." "Then the being of light was made into three little boys." "Corruption would soon lead on in the world and the boys would have to repair it" "My name is Amystraterusa or Amy in short." With that the exstatic, adventurous, trio (plus the cat) was headed to save the world.

Screenshots: None yet =(

Character Designs:

Team:
Eneko: Everything I can do =3
Nytkoi: Scripting and other hard stuff
-Link-: Idealist
Esmas - Spriter
Scripter*

*= Job Available

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! BANNER NEEDED! BANNER NEEDED!

Nytkoi
December 13th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Glad you finally posted! I wish you went on sonner :[
Anyways, great job on the story. I didn't know you had that good of grammer! Try to make it a little longer, though. :] Ill get started on eventing soon enough. :] Glad you posted it! By the way, just put the '.' in. o.o

Lol, all the hard stuff xD

CloudKitteh
December 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hey can you make some backgrounds while I do the sprites right now?

Nytkoi
December 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Backgrounds? What do you mean?

Poké-fyu
December 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A MOTHER FANGAME! OMG! I CANT WAIT FOR SCREENS! YAY! CAN I HELP IN ANY WAY?

Nytkoi
December 13th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Looks like we got us a fan, Eneko. ^_^;;
Thanks, Poke-fyu.

-Link-
December 14th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I WANNA HELP LET ME HELP AND NOoNE GETS HURT ( Takes out kitty with ray gun froom pocket )

Nytkoi
December 14th, 2008, 05:59 AM
What do you think you could help us with, then? :]

-Link-
December 14th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Duhhh.. ( puts away kitty. altho kitty whines as tho it wanted to kill sumone... ) hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... ememys o.o... maybe some other side stuff like events

( and bosses i likes making bosses =3 )

Nytkoi
December 14th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Well, Ill tell Eneko that you're in as Idealist. But, stop doing hhhhhhhh... please. :]

-Link-
December 14th, 2008, 06:05 AM
kay. ( Ya think theres gonna be neddles??? )

Nytkoi
December 14th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Okay. And at some point, yes. I posted a help thread, so lets hope someone has an idexed tileset.

-Link-
December 14th, 2008, 06:10 AM
lol kaykay. when do ya think hes gonna start making the scrrenies?

Nytkoi
December 14th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Once we get ahold of some tiles, buddy. :]

CloudKitteh
December 14th, 2008, 07:08 AM
-Link- You can be an Idealist if you like.
I was trying to sprite last night but it took forever.

*New Job Added* Spriter : Anyone who would like to sprite for my game, join now.
The requirements for this job is that you have to have Mother 3 sprites.
I don't care if you just color them differently, just get the job done

Zephyr+
December 14th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Hehe it's a mother fangame. x3 Although I suppose it's an alternate continuity from Mother3, considering...

But, before you get carried away: do you have an engine to run this game? If not, I mean, you can always hack Earthbound (because iirc the hacking tools for it are pretty extensive), but you're really going to have to figure this out quickly.

Also, choose a better name. :< Mother4 is just about the most overused name for a fangame ever. Call it "Mother[numeral/letter]: [Subtitle]" that has something to do with your plot.

...Speaking of your plot, it's decent (although the characters' names seem a little wacky to be from Mother), but "going on an adventure to save the world from corruption" seems a little uhh what if you ask me (it's kinda ironic that Phoenix wants to go on an adventure, much to the contrary of every other hero from the series thus far). Maybe take some elements from previous games and mix them together to create a new and terrifying enemy.

Still, though. A Mother fangame! Awesome! gofightwin

CloudKitteh
December 14th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks ZephyrPlusle.

I don't have an engine yet... but I will probbaly
get RPG Maker XP soon.

I have hacked Mother 3 before but I don't think it would be a good idea
to make that my game.

Nytkoi
December 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
don't worry, I think I know a friend that can edit a specific battle system to make it Mother 3.

-Link-
December 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Kay Idealist sounds okay, ( whats do they do? )

CloudKitteh
December 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Kay Idealist sounds okay, ( whats do they do? )

They come up with Ideas... duh

-Link-
December 15th, 2008, 03:02 PM
oh,like events, areas, enemys, bosses, etc?

Nytkoi
December 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Exactly, -Link-. I think you'll do fine. xD. We're having technical difficulties with RMXP, or as Eneko tells me, so screenshots are postponed.

-Link-
December 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Awww crapsnicles! Ima start thinking up stuff, if i get a good idea ill sprite it, but show it to nytoki first to er check it

Nytkoi
December 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Yes, I'd like it if you could PM me the idea so I could check it. ^_^;;

-Link-
December 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
kay XP. It will be an enemy, boss or a custom mr.saturn! ( jk )

Nytkoi
December 15th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Can't wait to hear it, -Link-! Also, I'd liek soem critic on the story... That's the main thing we're working on... Becuase, the Mother games are all completly based on their plot(s).

-Link-
December 15th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Ya know how at the end of each chapter theres a like passsage? Well sould we add those or not... ? =(

Nytkoi
December 15th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I don't know... We could. I'd have to ask Eneko. Oh, and you gain Mr. Saturn's brother as a compainon.

-Link-
December 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
KEWLIO! AWSUMMMMM! :D i fell so happy =3

CloudKitteh
December 16th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Chapters would ruin the effect of Exploring. I mean come on who doesn't start making you're own Side-storys with the characters.

-Link-
December 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
i really agree with eneko

Nytkoi
December 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Me three, yet chapters seem essential to Mother games... So we should add them, unless we want the game to be more uniqe. Your call, Eneko. ;3

Poké-fyu
December 17th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I will save this thread >:D Its too awesome!

CloudKitteh
December 17th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks Poke-fyu. I see this is rather getting popular =3

Lady Berlitz
December 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Wow, a Mother fan game? I've been dying to make a Mother fan game (and, at one point, tried ROM hacking Mother 3), so I'd love to see one here. I'd be glad to help with spriting if you want, I would like to try spriting in Mother's clean style. :]

Nytkoi
December 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM
We'd so love you on the team, IC. c:

Poké-fyu
December 19th, 2008, 01:03 PM
ya, i hear youre great at spriting ic! :D Hey, I wanna help too!

CloudKitteh
December 19th, 2008, 04:08 PM
No Poke-fyu. Your'e Nytkoi and I can prove it.

Nytkoi
December 19th, 2008, 06:01 PM
well of course hes not me

-Link-
December 19th, 2008, 06:05 PM
well i dont think we sould put chapters i mean we dont want to be TO original

Lady Berlitz
December 19th, 2008, 06:09 PM
well i dont think we sould put chapters i mean we dont want to be TO originalWell, shouldn't this be as official/similar to the oringal as possible? I mean, I don't think it should be too similar to Mother 3. Obviously, it should look better, and maybe have a slight improvement of graphics.

Speaking of graphics, I'd love to try and supply some graphics for this game. They would most likely be just heavy edits/edits of Mother 3 graphics, but I would try to make them a little better.

I really like the idea of this game. Especially the name, Mother IV: Oasis of the Sun.
It sounds like it can be a great game.

Nytkoi
December 20th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Yea, you really thought up a better name Eneko. Now, email me the tiles already. >:[

CloudKitteh
December 20th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Ok so Infernal Corruption you are now the spriter =)

Everyone thank you for the nice comments, I am sure this will actually get some where unlike the last games I have tried to make...

Still I agree with my myself as last time. No chapters. It ruins the fun of exploring, and finnaly, OK NYTKOI god...

Nytkoi
December 20th, 2008, 09:32 AM
What's your problem today, Eneko? o.o;;
Anyways, I guess I will be PMing IC Phoenix's looks. (For the sprite)

Poké-fyu
December 24th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Hey, I don want this to die :[ But, Eneko's actng weird these days. Oh well. Good luck on the game.

Lady Berlitz
December 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Is there currently any job for me currently? I'd really like to try spriting in a Mother game.

Nytkoi
December 24th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Could you try to make an overworld for a sprite with these characteristics:
-Dark Brown Hair
-White Beanie for hat acc.
-Sky Blue shirt
-Denim Shorts
-Dark Green shoes

This overworld would be Phoenix.

Lady Berlitz
December 24th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Yep, I'll try. Although, could you explain what you mean by "white beanie for hat acc."?

Nytkoi
December 27th, 2008, 05:50 AM
You can leave the beanie out. No hat :PP

Lady Berlitz
December 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM
How old would he be? Little child, teenager, or adult?

Nytkoi
December 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
12 years old. Not little, just a child mabye sort of pre-teen. :/.

-Link-
January 2nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
Dont forget me! Ill wait till IC is done with Phoenix, then Ill post Tyler's characteristics.

Lady Berlitz
January 2nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
I might not be done with Phoenix for a little while, as I have to practice the Mother style a little bit more. But, I managed to create some custom tiles in Mother style, and they look pretty good to me.

Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit!
January 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
This game looks good, the storyline is great! I hope this project get completed.:)

Nytkoi
January 2nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Glad you like it Baby Boy Racoon! That's fine Esmas. I suggest you PM them to Eneko so he can format them and put them in the game.

Lady Berlitz
January 3rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
That's fine Esmas. I suggest you PM them to Eneko so he can format them and put them in the game.Alright... I did, but he never answered me.

Nytkoi
January 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
He hasen't gone on in a while. I can call him in real life, so I will. I'll PM you if he'll be going on or not.

icomeanon6
January 3rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
I thought that Itoi didn't even want a Mother 4 game to be made...

CloudKitteh
January 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
well this isnt an official Mother game. Besides this is payback for ol' Reggie... heh heh heh...

Oh crap! I just deleted Esmas PM!

Lady Berlitz
January 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Hey, I've got a little screenshot example of my tiles to see how they look in-game.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2087/mother4tileexamplewp1.png

EDIT: I made a little sprite of Phoenix. I wasn't sure about the color of shorts or his hair style.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2181/phoenixyq2.png

Nytkoi
January 3rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
Those look amazing! Great work, Esmas! They will fit perfectly in the game. Thank you! And Phoenix looks pretty good as well; mabye make him a bit taller?

Lady Berlitz
January 3rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Those look amazing! Great work, Esmas! They will fit perfectly in the game. Thank you! And Phoenix looks pretty good as well; mabye make him a bit taller?Thanks for the good comment, Nytkoi! :) Yeah, I thought he looked a bit too short. I'll do that right away.

Nytkoi
January 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Great, I can't wait to see it! Now, to type some stuff about this project...

It's rolling along pretty smoothly; me and Eneko are trying are hardest to get some screenshots before the end of January. One of our main problems is OWs and tiles. Also graphics. That's why there's been such a big delay on process. But now that Esmas has created at least one OW and some tiles, we will probably realese the first screenshot in the next few days/weeks. Again, sorry for the inconvience, just a bit longer, \o/.

~Dai-kun~
January 3rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah another Mother fan who stepped up to make a game ^^ I hope it will be successful especially with a character named Pheonix...that would've been something I would've said...meh but the point is good luck

Lady Berlitz
January 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
On a second check through the sprite, I instead used the older sprite of Lucas to base the sprite on, and added some nice designs on his shirt and shorts. I'll keep the smaller Phoenix just in case, you know, a past cutscene or something.

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8279/phoenixnh2.png

I'll get to work on some more tiles. It's quite fun. ^^

Here's the tile sheet, I slightly edited the tree because of the outline being a different color than Mother's.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2500/mother4tilesha1.png

Nytkoi
January 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Could you post/pm/contact me with the grass tile? I then can tell Eneko tommorow. By the way, loving the new Phoenix. Just to let everyone know, Phoenix represents me, as it is my real name, Digit represents Eneko, and Tyler represents -Link-. (Esmas knows him). And just know -Link- is watching me type (lol) and he told me that we should do a cutscene of when Phoenix was younger. Mabye of when he and Tyler and Digit did something important. So yeah, we'll be using the young Phoenix as well. Mabye if you get the time, make the whole OW sheet of Phoenix? ;D

Lady Berlitz
January 3rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
Um, what grass tile? And who do I know? :P
Anyway, yeah, I'll be dedicating a lot of my time to finishing Phoenix.

EDIT: I'm done the main faces of Phoenix. I'm surprised that it took so short a time.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9719/phoenixvu3.png

Nytkoi
January 4th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Great work! And don't you know -Link-? (a member here). Anyways, you know. The ground tiles. The tiles you walk on -.-;

Lady Berlitz
January 4th, 2009, 05:51 AM
No... not really. The ground tiles are just a color, by the way.

CloudKitteh
January 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Im posting Digits personallity and requirements.

Nerdish, shy, and stylish. Must have goggles

Nytkoi
January 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I see your signature, Esmas. You understand those tiles you made for us are for US, correct? x.x; Just being secure with you. (And, you sort of copied us.) You'll still be helping our game, correct?

On another note, Me and Eneko are back at school. First day = good. In my free time, I wrote a few things for Mother IV. I will be going over to Eneko's house on friday to get started on Mapping and eventing. Exept screens by next Monday. Adios, amigos!

CloudKitteh
January 5th, 2009, 03:43 PM
*Update* New Digit picture online!

Lady Berlitz
January 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
[font="tahoma"] I see your signature, Esmas. You understand those tiles you made for us are for US, correct? x.x; Just being secure with you. (And, you sort of copied us.) You'll still be helping our game, correct?I began the idea of making Mother game long before I knew about this project. I never said that I'm using the tiles I made for Mother 4 in my game, and I never said that I quite helping you out.

CloudKitteh
January 5th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry I cant get the pic up... I have alot to do...

Nytkoi
January 6th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Well, forget what I said Esmas, I kind of freak out sometimes :/ Sorry again. Why not, Eneko? I'll help out.

Auistle
January 10th, 2009, 10:00 AM
First of all, kudos for the originality. I haven't seen a mother fan game until now :D.
Now, for the part that makes you cringe or yell Hurrah: The crit. >:D.

First of all, becuase you have no screenshots or any graphical thing fo that matter, I will leave the Maps and events page of critism blank :P But, you do have tiles, which are important in every game, so I'll rate you on those. Esmas is an overall very good spriter, and props to him for taking on a new style and tackling it hard. I mean it; amazing tiles, Esmas. They look like you just ripped them of Nintendo. Great work. And since mother game's core is the story, I'll rate your story as well. It seems like a strong story, but you need to work on making it larger and giving it more detail. Overall, nice job Eneko. If I remember correctly, you posted saying you'll have screenshots up this weekend. I can't wait to see them. Very well done, Eneko & Nytkoi. Good luck.

Lady Berlitz
January 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the comments on my sprites and tiles, Auistle. I'm glad to be spriting in a new style, the Pokémon style gets a little old after creating hundreds of sprites. I'm also glad to see my sprites and tiles in a respectable game.

Nytkoi
January 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Wow, Auistle. I aploud to you; great crit. I'm sure it well help quite a bit. Sorry about no sceenshots; we had to postpone our meeting each other. But we will hopefully meet this friday. Also, I got an A on my science test, so I might go on more this week. Besides the social studies test tomorrow. xD Me and Eneko will hopefully have a screenshot up this week. :]

CloudKitteh
January 18th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Yay I finaly got RPG Maker working. I have vista so it was hard but Nytkoi helped me out! =)

Lady Berlitz
January 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
That's good, although I did think that you already had RPG Maker installed. :/

CloudKitteh
January 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Heh heh *insert embarassed face here*

Nytkoi
January 19th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Well, I had a lightbulb go over my head when Eneko told me his computer was Vista. xD Sorry about the short notice, Esmas. How is the correctly formatted tiles going along? :]

Lady Berlitz
January 19th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Here's the current tileset with all of my custom tiles, correctly formatted. I'm not sure if it is 100% up-to-date (because I tend to make a lot of changes even if it is basically perfect), but it should work. I'll try to see if I can make other tiles, or just use current Mother 3 tiles, and formate them..

Nytkoi
January 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Um... Where is it? You didn't post it.

Lady Berlitz
January 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Haha, woops! :x Here you go... (http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4295/mothertileset2xqb7.png)

Nytkoi
January 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Great work! I might go over to Eneko's house this weekend, so we can finally get mapping! Just finish up the OW sheet x.x;

CloudKitteh
January 21st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Yay I finnaly got some crap done!
I made a map but im too lazy to post it!

.emma-kun
January 24th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Wow! Another cool game Nytkoi! 8D

Nytkoi
January 30th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I think I've gotten myself another stalker. Yet, we are awesomeness together. :D Anyways, why don't you show us your map, Eneko?

CloudKitteh
February 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Sorry i havent posted in a while, stupid computer. Ill try and get this comp. to post my map soon.

Nytkoi
February 14th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Okay guys, we are almost ready to realese a screenshot!

CloudKitteh
February 19th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Im trying the hardest I can. Ive been thinking some plot ideas and not so sure of them.

Mezase Master
February 19th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Please, if you're going to make an EarthBound fangame, don't call it Mother 4.

CloudKitteh
February 20th, 2009, 01:44 PM
... Already told that, and besides I changed it. Not the topic but the game title.

Nytkoi
February 21st, 2009, 04:51 AM
You can go ask Avatar to change the title name. Also, everyone, we might release a screenshot today, so stay tuned.

CloudKitteh
March 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Sorry Im still having trouble with this. I accidently broke Nytkoi's foot or leg or something >=)

Nytkoi
April 10th, 2009, 07:35 AM
*bump*

Well, I did sprain my foot, but it's healed. I might be able to go over on Monday, so I can help with the screenshots.