• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wolves Hideout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
HOORAY A new member to the hideout and the RP...and the Wave...I don;t think u have a problem much...I actually think it would be best to start on monday just to buy us some more time for ideas, improvements, and for those who haven't gotten a chance to sign up yet...

what do u think wolflare??? do u think our brother would mind?

The Wave

Something to believe in....
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
HOORAY A new member to the hideout and the RP...and the Wave...I don;t think u have a problem much...I actually think it would be best to start on monday just to buy us some more time for ideas, improvements, and for those who haven't gotten a chance to sign up yet...

what do u think wolflare??? do u think our brother would mind?

I know, I was talking about starting the RP later than monday because of my leaving this weekend, but if I simply can't join, then it's ok.

Not likely. I think the battle system needs to be simpler, but that's about it. monday sounds good.

the battle system is already more than simple, if it gets more simpler, then it gets way too easy.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
Years
Wrong, there are ways to make it simpler (But not easy) and more plotty.

Instead of just
"Yeah," said Suicunce "Hydro Pump!"
Which is the most poring piece of crap ever written.

Here's my idea:
Suicune smiled as he looked his opponent over. The tiny pokemon, a Magby, was his prey. "Yeah!" He shouted his voice full of vigor. "Hydro Pump!" A blast of high pressure water blasted from Suicune's noble maw and the Magby dropped in seconds.

Suicune 100% Magby 0%

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
How simple should it be? That is the simplest I can get it:

Base Move Power = Damage Done
And...
Base HP + Added 0 at the end = HP

We are not going to just do:
Suicune use Hydro Pump!
Magby fainted!
No, NO, no! The example you gave was what we were going to do. rofl

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Wrong, there are ways to make it simpler (But not easy) and more plotty.

Instead of just
"Yeah," said Suicunce "Hydro Pump!"
Which is the most poring piece of crap ever written.

Here's my idea:
Suicune smiled as he looked his opponent over. The tiny pokemon, a Magby, was his prey. "Yeah!" He shouted his voice full of vigor. "Hydro Pump!" A blast of high pressure water blasted from Suicune's noble maw and the Magby dropped in seconds.

Suicune 100% Magby 0%

Well, your idea's great... be we already know that. Every "RPer" must be creative(which I'm practicing right now...).

But we needed the formula badly. And most people here sticks to the idea.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
There is no calculating! lol All it is:
EX Arcanine used Flamethrower on a Doll.
95 Damage Done.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
WAIT...I just thoug of something...isntead of using the BASE HP +0 should it be the level of the pokemon +0... for example riolu is lv. 15 so u add a 0 to the end of that so then the HP will be 150...because if we use the base HP it might be too little and some pokemon will get KO'd in the RP way too easily...wouldn't u agree with me here?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
No, it is the opposite. If we do it your way, it will be OHKed way too easily, we discussed this twice. :P

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
No, it is the opposite. If we do it your way, it will be OHKed way too easily, we discussed this twice. :P

oh wait...u're right I was thinking of something else...lol...srry bout that!!!
but honestly the new equation is a lot easier, makes sence, and still gives in more room for all of us who like to be creative in our writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back