PDA

View Full Version : Best SSB Character

Andinator
December 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
hiya there. who do you think is the best ssb series character. you can pic anyone of them or pick other. if you do pick other, please do state which one. for the sake of staying on topic, please only say nintendo or sega characters, or even characters not by nintendo, but its entire collection is only for the brand. also, please do state a reason for why you like that character. also please visit this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=161627) if you are interested in putting your would be character into one of the games. Also, feel free to post any SSB related topics here

Signomi
December 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I seem to be coming across more threads like this here...

People, game-related discussion belongs in Other Games. Not in Other Voting Polls. Please remember that.

~Moved

kabigon
December 14th, 2008, 03:55 PM
If you ever go to a smash tourney you will clearly see metaknight is the best. He almost always wins thanks to his beastly speed, priority, recovery, and edgeguaring. Thats why I like using him. :D

Virtual Chatot
December 14th, 2008, 04:01 PM
If you know how to use him, Olimar can be awesome :3

Felix Re-Knoll
December 14th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I think Ness and Lucas are best Smash Bros. characters. Well, at least they are for me. But, then again, to other people, it may be hard to play as them, so I'm not sure. But, it may have something to do with the fact that I'm a hardcore Earthbound/Mother fan...

SethCullen
December 14th, 2008, 04:07 PM
No one is good. He who controls the person is truely the strongest of them all.

Felix Re-Knoll
December 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM
SethCullen, I somewhat agree with you. I like to believe that all Smash Bros. characters are equal, just in different ways. I just like rooting for Earthbound.

Gummy
December 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I've always played with Pikachu no matter which SSB I play, but all my friends can stand the yellow guy. I guess it just how you use the character that matters.

By the way, I don't think it wasa good idea to group Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer and Lucario. They all have different fighting styles.

kabigon
December 14th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I've always played with Pikachu no matter which SSB I play, but all my friends can stand the yellow guy. I guess it just how you use the character that matters.

By the way, I don't think it wasa good idea to group Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer and Lucario. They all have different fighting styles.

Hes got a point u shouldnt have grouped those characters. They have very little in common in regards to fighting style.

Skaterzpenguin
December 14th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Well I'm personally good with Ike, then star fox! So those are my best 2

Andinator
December 14th, 2008, 04:23 PM
yea, but i was completely out of room, and theyre all pokemon related so...

Wulf
December 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Lucas or Ness, they have much better games then anyone else in SSB.

Firebird1515
December 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
pit rocks. Can fly and stuff

Pillage
December 14th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Kirby and Metaknight pwn all.

Milke
December 15th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Metaknight has won more tournaments than any other character and is also #1 on the tier list.

I prefer pikachu, Mr. Game and Watch, Falco and Lucario, tho.

True Reign
December 15th, 2008, 09:41 AM
In my opinion, Bowser and Yoshi are godlike if you know how to use them correctly.

I use Luigi and Lucario, so I have to say these guys are the best.

Tournament wise, I would say Metaknight, just like everyone else. His beastly speed, power, and coverage makes him the ideal choice for new players.

Nuke
December 15th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Ike / Marth. ¬_¬

Marths deserves his own place and Ike can mooch off Pit.

storm393
December 15th, 2008, 09:58 AM
i like kirby the best :D hes fun to use also :)

Haza
December 15th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I only play with ness and lucas so i think they are best since i do not lose with them

Dillman
December 15th, 2008, 01:16 PM
snake owns >.<. dude people should post their smash codes on here for wii.

I think i might go find out min now!

Anth0ny
December 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Not only is MK the best, he's too good.

I won a lot of money thanks to him :)

The Hero Without a Name
December 15th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Kirby is the ****. I picked him when I first played Brawl, and I haven't stopped playing him ever since.

EDIT: Top 5 is...
1) Kirby
2) Marth
3) Dedede/Game and Watch
4) Snake
5) Pika pikaaaaaaaaaaa!

Kokuo
December 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Ike is my best character.

~Frozen Darkness~
December 15th, 2008, 03:46 PM
My top 5:

1. Meta Knight
2. Falco
3. Lucario
4. Pit
5. Tie: Jigglypuff/Kirby

Lol, If you know how to use her, Jigglypuff is very dangerous. I murdered someone on wi-fi with the gigalypuff glitch! XD

Andinator
December 30th, 2008, 05:05 PM
lol everybody lkes metaknight. well, thought since this is my thread and that its also SSBB related, that id post a little funny sprite comic i made. i cant make a pixel thread for this, because i just took ripped images:

Chapter 1: Kirby Becomes a SuperStar
http://i44.tinypic.com/ibdogo.png

Chapter 2: Link-ing Game Characters
http://i44.tinypic.com/98wx.jpg

whats this, Roy isnt an SSBB character. but mybe Andinator is hinting something.

Darkrai Lv.1000
December 30th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Best to me would be Lucario. His high-risk, high-return ability can be destructive. :D

MY Top 10 (in order of how good I am with them):
1. Lucario
2. Luigi
3. Meta Knight
4. Kirby
5. Toon Link
6. Link
7. Pikachu
8. Ike
9. Sonic
10. Wario

Also, check out my Brawler Card in my sig. Help it level up if you want to. :D

Something funny: I just bought Brawl yesterday. :P (Before I bought it, I played it a total of 4 times. (in chronological order) 1. At Gamestop a few days after it was released in the US, 2. At a friend's house 3. Another one of my friends came to my house and brought his Wii (I didn't have one at the time) 4. same as #3 (I still didn't have one, but I did get one on Christmas)

Squeegee Beckenheim
December 30th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I use Luigi a lot, and I am really happy with him. However, Kirby is always one that gets me. Another one I love to use is ROB. He is really good once you use him a lot.

Fenrir Reki
December 30th, 2008, 06:18 PM
When I first got it I used to use Ike. But when I got Lucario, I starting using him more then all the other characters, and now, he is my main character.

Caelus
December 30th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I personally find Meta-knight to be the best.
His N-air inflicts tons of damage and his Tornado can be useful at times.

I also find Falco to be really good, but I think some will disagree with that.

Squire202
December 30th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Strongest move in the game=Best character in the game
Ness ftw.

Although, it really depends on who's playing.

Plant360
December 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Lucas is my best. I think he has a very balanced moveset and is just a good character in general.

Capt. Couch
December 30th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I find Solid Snake to be the best. His weight is easily managed and he can do many combos while in the air in which some strings of attacks can block aerial attacks such as Meta Knight's. Not only that but his A-button attacks can be deadly powerful. His only disadvantages are his B-button attacks. They can only be used when the time and place are perfect for the B-button moves you plan to use.

The Hero Without a Name
December 30th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Strongest move in the game=Best character in the game

lol
(25 character limit)

Ninja Caterpie
December 31st, 2008, 12:05 AM
That's worded terribly. There's no "best". Each works differently to different peoples skill levels. Some people are better than others, but there's not outright best.

Kirby and Dedede are from the same game, ya, but they're absolutely different in all other ways.

Captain Falcon's really similar to Ganondorf though, what's with that? Jigglypuff is also really similar to Kirby. And Pit and Metaknight are SORT OF similar. They both use swords and can fly. xD

But I like Kirby, Falco and Metaknight.

Dusclord
December 31st, 2008, 03:27 AM
As it was said, it only depends on the player.

The top tiers are supposed to be the "ones who win the more in tournaments" so it would be Snake and Meta Knight... but it doesn't mean that Ivysaur which is bottom thier can't beat them.

Banjora Marxvile
December 31st, 2008, 03:37 AM
Well, depends what day it is for me. Sometimes it's Olimar, others King Triple De.

The character that I regard to myself as good that surprised me was Diddy Kong. I suppose I would say (in a list as it depends):

1. Falco
2. King Dedede and Olimar and Kirby
3. Diddy Kong.

Dusclord
December 31st, 2008, 03:43 AM
O I forgot, if someone wants to see my fu--ing top tier here is it http://www.ssb-france.com/forum/images/smilies/Exciting-Dm.gif

-Pikachu
-Link
-Falco

Bwahaha

Yrie
December 31st, 2008, 09:15 AM
I randomize a lot, so I don't really have a best best, though I often score most KO's with either Ike or Lucario (Ike's really slow though, which bugs me a bit) Marth's pretty good as well, basically anyone with a sword XD

The Hero Without a Name
December 31st, 2008, 12:02 PM
As it was said, it only depends on the player.

The top tiers are supposed to be the "ones who win the more in tournaments" so it would be Snake and Meta Knight... but it doesn't mean that Ivysaur which is bottom thier can't beat them.
Well of course not. Even Fox vs Pikachu or Bowser vs Dedede aren't impossible matchups... they're just really, really, really, really, really....really hard for the Fox/Bowser to win.

Koji123456789
December 31st, 2008, 12:28 PM
I am pretty good with Kirby in all of the games. And yoshi. And bowser

Dusclord
January 1st, 2009, 03:20 AM
Well of course not. Even Fox vs Pikachu or Bowser vs Dedede aren't impossible matchups... they're just really, really, really, really, really....really hard for the Fox/Bowser to win.

I heard that Ganondorf had the worst matchup *_* anyway if someone is intersted the matchup chart from smashboards (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157979) is a quite good reference I think.

The Hero Without a Name
January 1st, 2009, 07:06 PM
I heard that Ganondorf had the worst matchup *_* anyway if someone is intersted the matchup chart from smashboards (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157979) is a quite good reference I think.
lol that chart's bullsh*t or at least horribly outdated, the Falco and Kirby boards both agreed that Kirby vs Falco is a good matchup for Kirby. Not to mention, Pika vs Kirby is also agreed to be neutral.

Dusclord
January 2nd, 2009, 02:54 AM
Maybe, anyway (for example) before inter-team brawls I prefer looking at my oponent's fighting style, the matchups are just an overview :)

funny1always
January 3rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
sonic , toon link, snake own big time =D

Zet
January 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
I gotta say metaknight, he's the only character I find useful

Sushi.
January 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
Luigi. You can't hate Luigi with his crazy sleepy drug Final Smash! :D

EverPhoenix
January 4th, 2009, 09:44 AM
ive been a fan of zelda since ssbm days, but of the new characters i like

lucario
sonic
zero suit samus

zelda is probably still number one for me though.

oh and i use toon link to dominate boss battles. his down-a is rather bouncy

Alakazam17
January 4th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Zelda has become one of my favourite brawlers, actually. Thus I voted for her. ^_^

If you time it right, she can avoid most if not all final smashes by transforming. :D

You're Gonna Go Far Kid!
January 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Marth and Mario are ****ing beast.

Mika555
January 4th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I am sorry I cannot decide who is the best Super Smash Brothers character. Most of the fighters on this video games have great fighting moves. I have played with each character in the video games whether if it was in Classic mode, the Adventure modes, and the All-Star mode and have seen all of their moves so it is hard to tell which one is the best. I do have my favorite ones though which are Peach, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Meta Knight, Yoshi, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, and Pit.

devilicious
January 4th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Statistically, the best character is Meta Knight, wether you agree or not.

MK aside, I believe Diddy Kong has the most potential, despite the tier list. I would have to say Wario if it wasn't for those nasty grab releases, though.

Volkner's Apprentice
January 4th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I have no idea how anyone uses Metaknight well enough to win that much. I rape every Metaknight that comes along. XD Well, at least they aren't very threatening to my speed and roll-dodge attacks.

I'm a beast with Link, Marth, Pit, and Ike, but Wolf is the crème de la crème for me.

An-chan
January 5th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I know Zelda isn't really the best of the characters, but this is a matter of principle. :laugh: Also, I've played with Zelda the most, so I know her moves best. I also play with Pikachu a lot. I like to use characters that don't really do physical attacks. I prefer using thunderbolts and remote-controlled blasts!

Also, in SSBM, Zelda's smash moves just kicked butt so much.

Guillermo
January 7th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I had to go with Link/Toon Link.

Their agility is amazing and it's fun blowing people up with bombs.

The Hero Without a Name
January 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I had to go with Link/Toon Link.

Their agility is amazing and it's fun blowing people up with bombs.
Link... Link? Agility?

Link and agility just don't go together =/ Toon Link is fast, but Link is one helluvalot slower (not to mention, he has one of the worst recoveries in the game)

Guillermo
January 8th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I was directing that post mostly at Toon Link.

Lucario's a good character too once you learn all the moves.

Dragon Face
January 8th, 2009, 11:35 AM
i picked zelda, im a huge zelda fan.

mainly just of ocarina of time tho

Gunners
January 10th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I like sonic, he may not be the best but i like him due to his speed his (awesome) final smash and his taunts lol. Got a good recovery smash attacks are decent.

Empire
January 10th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Ike/Meta Knight are the best SSBB characters. Meta Knight has awesome speed and Ike has a good final smash/finisher move.

The Hero Without a Name
January 11th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Got a good recovery smash attacks are decent.
On the contrary, only his fsmash is "good." His usmash and dsmash have like NO killing power whatsoever.