PDA

View Full Version : What are you most afraid of?

Heartless33
December 14th, 2008, 05:51 PM
To be honest with you I am really scared to walk in a place where no one is around beause you can get jumped and thats the last thing I need is to die on my way to a destination.

Ripper
December 14th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Failure, and running out of time.

I'm not really scared of anything else, if the situation areises, I'd be scared if there was a mass murderer in my house, but at the moment, nothing really scares me.

And running out of money, or my mum dying.

jasonresno
December 14th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I'm scared of things I can't control, to a degree, like disease--not of myself--but of ones I care about and love.

I'm scared of the person I can sometimes be--bitter and mean.

Tyrantrum
December 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm just afraid of waking(outside or inside) around dark-lit places that are totally empty and quiet. I start thinking if monsters which is pretty childish of me, but I'm always freaked out.

EDIT: Glion reminded me of this! :o
I'm also afraid of bees. ;~;

Caelus
December 14th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I'm afraid of Bees. Seriously, they scare me.
If I see a bee within 10 feet from me I would run (I know It's best for you to not move, but I just have the tremendous urge to run as fast as I can).

I'm also afraid of open spaces, but that's starting to go away.

EDIT: Alright! Someone else fears bees!

Volkner's Apprentice
December 14th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I'm not too fond of spiders, cramped(not necessarily enclosed, just cramped) spaces, or being under water for very long.

Otherwise not much else frightens me. My friends have this weird thing when they see an outline of a face in the dark they freak out (or at least that's the best I can do to explain it. XD)

s0nido
December 14th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I am absolutely terrified of bees, wasps and spiders. There was once a bee that had invaded our classroom. I was running around, trying to avoid it, lest it should sting me.

I'm also afraid of God, just in case I've done something terrible and I have to burn in hell.

EffervescentEevee
December 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I have a gargantuan fear of spiders and heights!!!!
My bedroom walls are covered in the squished corpses of spiders *shudders*

The dark can be a bit creepy too...

Other than the irrational ones, I share the common fears of most; losing the ones I love, dying a painful death etc.

~Kavin~
December 28th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I'm scared of things I can't control, to a degree, like disease--not of myself--but of ones I care about and love.

I'm scared of the person I can sometimes be--bitter and mean.

Disease is it for me as well. You know that you have to die sometime but having a disease seems like it makes it more apparent that your going to die. I think in your head it's planted that your going to die sooner than you would have if you were healthy. But who are we to know?

storm393
December 28th, 2008, 12:27 PM
bumble bee's XD and shots 0.o:paranoid:

Squeegee Beckenheim
December 28th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Clowns, eyes, and loneliness are the things that I am really afraid of.

pokemon_beauty
December 28th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I'm monophobic.
I can't be by myself.

I am also claustrophobic-
fear of tight spaces.
It's so bad I get uncomfortable hugging people, or having someone hold something over my head :) and, elevators are out of the question!

Stronkadonk
December 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not afraid of anything, something bad happens to me like getting my hand cut off, I really wouldn't care.

ErickaVolt
December 28th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I am afraid of house spiders, stress and getting older.

I'm not afraid of anything, something bad happens to me like getting my hand cut off, I really wouldn't care.

I don't believe you. :\

Evilyn
December 28th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Dogs and doctors/dentists.

Whoever says that he/she isn't afraid of anything is lying.

Stronkadonk
I am afraid of house spiders, stress and getting older.

I don't believe you. :\
Well, do so.
I really don't care what happens.
It'll just... happen.

pokemon_beauty

It's not that you aren't afraid of anything..
you are just apparently apathetic.

And, I'm sure if you got your hand lobbed off you would completely freak out because it's an instinct...

unless you are on some hardcore drugs, you would care if your hand got cut off :)

.inLOVE
December 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm most scared of being murdering, especially by being drowned...

Master Electrician
December 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Knives, but that's primarily situational.

I have a fear of deep, deep water. I don't mean like deep pool deep, I'm fine being where I can't reach the bottom. I mean like Marianas Trench deep.

And it's not so much a fear, but around large groups of people, I get a little twitchy.

Gewitterdrache27
December 28th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Being incompetent, a parasite, having no talents or wisdom. If that happened, my entire person would break down.

WeisseEdelweiss
December 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM
My greatest fear is being stuck within this prisioned illusion in which we must work everyday. I don't like being a slave for humans.

Tokin
December 28th, 2008, 06:17 PM
hurting someone I care about and failing at something important.

Blazers
December 28th, 2008, 06:25 PM
The new york jets not making it to the playoffs!

AH! they didnt!

Flax
December 28th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I suffer from entomophobia, like most people. But in my case, I just hate getting bitten/strung by bugs. Not a pleasant feeling.. In truth, I actually like all bugs.

Yamikarasu
December 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM
If your talking about phobias, then most insects/arachnids, especially spiders, really creep me out. Also, I'm starting to think I have an irrational fear of rejection (a.k.a: getting dumped) that I need to get over. :(

Michii
December 28th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I'm deathly afraid of bees/wasps/hornets and the dark. I've always been afraid of the dark, and I had to sleep with a nightlight for eleven years. Now, I'm just terrified of outside dark, and I don't go near the door after dusk DDD:

The first I wasn't always afraid of. I remember watching a bee movie when I was three and seeing a kid step on a hive when looking for this girl's ring that she dropped and he was killed. I think the movie was called My Girl, but I'm not sure. I've been afraid of bees ever since, and I can't shake the fear. ;;

Candace
December 28th, 2008, 09:10 PM
...Water. I have severe Aquaphobia

Even seeing water on tv makes me dizzy and panicky. Things like washing my hair or being in the bath too long is hard too

♣Gawain♣
December 28th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Being all cramped up, and what's inside of the dark frighten me. You'll never know what will jump out of it.

Aurafire
December 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Well, I'm afraid of close family members/friends dying. I can't bear the thought of living without those who are close to me =(

And I guess a painful death, or pain in general...I hope I never have to experience a horrific injury or death.

>Feelings<
December 29th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Well, I'm afraid of close family members/friends dying. I can't bear the thought of living without those who are close to me =(

Yeah, same here. I can't live without my loved ones. I'd die without them.

I also have arachnophobia. I don't know why I have it though. They're just creepy...

Idiot!
December 29th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I crumble with fear when there is high pressure. The physical pain needles give me is more than enough to prevent me from volunteeringly wearing earrings.

Trap-Eds
December 29th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I used to be scared of a lot of things. But now, I guess I'm just scared of being in the dark, alone....because you just don't know what can happen.

.emerald
December 29th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Three things--> K9's(Dogs); Running out of time; and utter Failure.

Nothing frightens me more than those three things(equally intimidating if you'd ask meh..)

Raicheya
December 29th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Well I dont wanna lie but im scared of bumble bees,Dogs,The Dark,and being alone.(im pretty much a scaredy cat lol)

Beelzebub
December 29th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Hmm, well, I have terrible arachnophobia. And it's strange, because until a while ago, I wasn't scared of spiders. :x

Oh, and once when I was young, I had a terrible fear of...the Grinch. xD; But, it was just the movie, not the animated short thing. ;;

Mooshykris
December 30th, 2008, 12:31 AM
I have a slight fear of dying, not death itself, but the process involved in it.

I am afraid of giving the wrong impression of myself to someone.

But my largest fear of all is general rejection.

~Mooshykris

Forever
December 30th, 2008, 01:09 AM
I fear heights, spiders and the dark.

Specifically spiders :3

Ascaris
December 30th, 2008, 05:18 AM
I'm **** scared of bugs.

Shadowfaith
December 30th, 2008, 05:34 AM
I have a phobia of needles and being held down, physically and mentally. It drives me mad. All started when I was younger and I had to have stitches in my head, I was affraid and I wouldn't let them anywhere near me with a needle or anything sharp so they had to wrap me in a blanket and hold me down and what was worse was my dad had to help on they're request. So yeah, if anyone tries to do that I kick off XP

¡No Hablo Inglés!
December 30th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I have a huge fear of failure, I'm not exactly sure why though. I'm also pretty scared of things I can't see. For example, I'm not scared of the dark itself, but moreso what could be in it.

Eleventyseventy
December 30th, 2008, 05:48 AM
In general, losing somebody.
At the moment, 2009.

DarknessSneasel
December 30th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I'm scared of walking home alone in the dark especially when being alone

Plus i have a fear of objects moving at me at a fast speed (reason: Nearly got hit by a car when i was young and it's kinda scarred me :( )

Shining Platinum
December 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Well, im afraid of being alone and walking around the streets myself,where i live there are Gangs there, but they don't go lurking around all the time.
Called the cops few of them got arrested.
Locked up everything in my house, got 3 locks for my houses doors(Both of my doors)

Working Class Hero
December 30th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Tornadoes. O.o I get sick when there is a tornado warning and the sirens are going off. I puke and diareha. ;-; It's like a fountain with water coming out of two sides! D:

Tater Tot
December 31st, 2008, 08:46 AM
I have many fears.

One, Tornadoes. I shake, twitch and diarrhea. It's terrible, I'm exactly like the one above. Two, Johnny Cash. It's my weirdest phobia. The way he looks, the way he acts... ugh, I pee my pants. D: I'm partially afraid of clowns; dogs as well. And many, many more fears.

♣Gawain♣
December 31st, 2008, 12:06 PM
I have a new fear, it's blindness. I don't wanna be blind 'cause there are so many things to do with with life with your eyes.

Gulpin
December 31st, 2008, 12:15 PM
I'm probably most scared of dieing early, or of my sisters. Not sure which. o_O

Capt. Couch
December 31st, 2008, 12:52 PM
I'm not afraid of much. My only fear (and I hardly consider it a fear) is a coup d’état in the United States, but I doubt that will happen. Probability and odds prevent me from becoming afraid of most things.

ran[D]umb
December 31st, 2008, 01:07 PM
To be all seriousness, I am terribly afraid of the dark, when its like storming.

Normally, I am good.
But the fat kid always gets killed first in horror films, so I am screweeedddddd. ;D

basselope7
December 31st, 2008, 01:56 PM
I'm scared of a lot of things, including lightning, fire, stairs, bees, crickets, hearts (as in real ones, not valentines or drawings), certain episodes of TV shows and commercials, and the Emergency Broadcast System. I also fear that when I cut up food that I'll slip and cut myself, that I'll get sick from standing near microwaves, and that the end of humanity will occur during my lifetime. I also don't like being wrong or laughed at or turned down for anything, almost to the point of being afraid of those situations.

But for some reason I'm not afraid of spiders. :P

i'm a bubble. pop me.
December 31st, 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm afraid of wild animal like wolfs or bears:nervous: It's not like a phobia, since i don't mind these animal is they are in cages (not that i approve of that) and I guess that I would even touch them if it could be safe, it's just that I often imagine that kind of beast attacking me if I'm in a forest or sth^^; It creeps me out. I guess those shows about wild animals attacking people are at fault - because of them even a deer could scare me if I saw one in the wild. I can't remember any other fears i might have.

Camisado
December 31st, 2008, 02:30 PM
I posted these in another forum. I'll edit it a bit for the audience xD

I'm a bit scared of alcohol - I generally have a distaste for it, but I can't stand how people act when they've had too much. My parents (once) and my best friend (on many occasions) have reduced me to tears because it's like they're completely different people...I can't really explain it; it just really, really upsets me.

Tubes, pipes, cavities, cisterns, tanks and the like. This just weirds me out, and I basically don't like looking at them or putting my hands on them. Probably related to my rather squeamish phobia of insidey parts.

I also have a terrible fear of losing people - and I don't just mean death. I am incredibly dependent on my friends and family ._.

mcr3240ca
December 31st, 2008, 02:30 PM
"Fear is a Path to the Dark Side"

I fear nothing.

Joey the Cockroach
January 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
What am I most afraid of? well, quite a few things.

Blood
Incurable Diseases
Big Groups
Moths

I also have a terrible fear of losing people - and I don't just mean death. I am incredibly dependent on my friends and family ._.

Same here. I gotta rely on my friends and family, and I lost 4 friends last year.

Ezzo!
January 1st, 2009, 03:14 PM
I'm not really that scared of many things. Failure is one, I'm a perfectionist. xP But other than that, nothing, I actually like the dark, since I <3 to get scared.

jasonresno
January 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
After watching "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" I find myself just thinking about growing older and everything that comes with it. I guess, in a way, that sort of scares me. It's hard to imagine myself in 40 years.

Anti
January 1st, 2009, 03:45 PM

Hahaha we both know that that post is, at best, one big lie.

As for me, I'm afraid of whatever Al Gore tells me to be afraid of. In other words, freakish weather/climate change and whatnot...well, for the long term.

More common fears are the going up part on roller coasters (going down and the rest of the ride is no problem, but going up and looking down is nerve racking). I'm also afraid of my family's finances since the economy has absolutely mauled our finances. Way to destroy the middle class, Bush/Cheney/incompetent Congress/incompetent everybody else.

I have other fears here and there but eh, those are the big ones.

EDIT: Adding needles. How could I forget those death traps >_>

Gulpin
January 1st, 2009, 03:47 PM
I'm also deathly afraid of roller coasters. I won't even go on the ones designed for 4 year olds with my little sister.

processr
January 1st, 2009, 03:50 PM
I have a fear of losing the ones I love. =[

I also have an extreme dislike for needles. I had to have surgery done on my big toes once. That involved making them numb, of course, with anaesthesia. It was utterly excruciating, and the worst thing was that one of my toes needed seven injections until it finally went numb. Since then I've never been comfortable with needles and injections. A while ago I saw a television programme depicting the use of heroin, and I felt like throwing up.

thatrabidfangirl
January 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Running out of time, and being completely and utterly alone. Gosh, I feel unnerved just talking about it.

Sean Visinoni
January 3rd, 2009, 01:59 AM
mmm... sometimes i'm afraid of girls :D but I alwais manage to overcome this fear.... I'm olso afraid of my science theacher XD

Izy
January 3rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
I'm scared of anything that could endanger my breathing. Is there such a thing as asphyxiphobia? I will freak out more than anything if someone's hands go near my neck.

I guess i'm also scared of losing my friends. Going along with what a lot of people here are saying, I couldn't bear to lose any of my friends or family.

Lucy Lu
January 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
I mostly scared of death and losing all my family and friends. They are the most important in my life. If I didn't have them, I am a nobody. Snakes and hurricanes are another thing I am scared mostly of. Because it ties to death.

Razer302
January 3rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
I am scared of losing the people I care about. I have had enough of that happen in my life it it is the worst feeling I have ever had.

Spaekle Oddberry
January 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Losing control of myself.

It's the reason why I hate the thought of getting drunk. :[

kingofjokers
January 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
k this may sound weird but im afraid of horror movies i can see one but the things in it make me cant sleep at night im not afraid of ghost tho

Guillermo
January 4th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Spiders. I can't stand them. :<

Look at them with their eight legs and eight eyes. Monstrous buggers. D:

Zishi
January 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I am most afraid of bans on forums cause I simply love Pokemon...

Azzurra
January 4th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I'm probably scared of Spiders the most, because I've been bitten by one before and they're very upsetting.

Working Class Hero
January 5th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Tornadoes. I puke and diareha when the tornado sirens are going off and it isn't a test. D:

Mr. Epic
January 5th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Well scary/dangerous situations for me or just being being at the edge of something that is really high up and looking down! 8<
I wouldn't say I am scared of heights because I can easily go up to high places, tall roller-coasters and stuff like that without of thinking or worrying about the height of it.

AtomicoExploda
January 5th, 2009, 10:08 AM
The thing that I would be most afraid of is spiders, I don't mind the thin type, it's just the chunky type.

Sorano
January 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I hate really crowded areas, especially if they are small. I always find it hard to breathe, and I get really tense. That, and there is also the constant paranoia of some freako about to jump someone. >:[

I'm also scared of losing the people that I love. And, I think my biggest fear is maggots. They are disgusting and creepy and I can hardly type this sentence without feeling nauseous. :'D

He Trembles on Your Breath
January 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Spiders... they are just so creepy, it's the way they move. I used to have a huge fear of clowns.

.Seth
January 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I'm really weird when it comes to this. Have you ever been obsessed with what you're afraid with?
For instance, I'm scared of the unknown. Yet, I search for new knowledge. Weird, eh?

Also, aliens, -shudders at the thought-. The scare the f***ing s*** out of me!! (sorry for cursing, but that's how much they effen scare me!!!)

basselope7
January 5th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I'm really weird when it comes to this. Have you ever been obsessed with what you're afraid with?
For instance, I'm scared of the unknown. Yet, I search for new knowledge. Weird, eh?

Also, aliens, -shudders at the thought-. The scare the f***ing s*** out of me!! (sorry for cursing, but that's how much they effen scare me!!!)
I know what that feels like. I used to be scared of old stuff, especially from the 1930s, yet I would obsessively collect data on it. I'm not sure, but I think part of the reason I got over that fear was by writing about it.

Ouch, stop shocking me, Chinchou.
January 6th, 2009, 03:37 AM
I'm scared of clowns with knifes and sometimes, when I go downstairs, I am scared that somebody is going to jump on me and kill me, so I lurk like I am being hunted :)

s0nido
January 6th, 2009, 04:24 AM
I'm scared of many things. Death, poverty, nuclear war, murderers, stinging and biting creatures (except cats), but most of all, the thing that really scares me... is a certain teacher at our school. He scares me a lot. Very much. Hes very grouchy and has got more wrinkles than a bulldog. And he never smiles. Never.

Icy42
January 7th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I'm scared of bugs and spiders.

And the dark.

Sora_8920
January 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Spiders, yes.

Dark, yes (lol -_-.)

Mm..heights too. :|

Kaori
January 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM
To be honest with you I am really scared to walk in a place where no one is around beause you can get jumped and thats the last thing I need is to die on my way to a destination.

I am scared of...you...O_o just kidding! Or am I? Yes I am...lol anyways I am scared of the dark...not me and dark we do NOT get along!

The Kidd
January 8th, 2009, 06:32 PM
My biggest fear is losing my grandparents... thats like my one strongest fears
ohh and dolls.... flipping Chucky! lol

Ruphire
January 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Let's see I'm scared of anything that stings, or the dark when everyone is asleep... Childish but I don't care! Also I'm afraid of rejection. Especially from someone that's like my best friend.

wwexkent
January 9th, 2009, 12:39 AM
umm im afraid of losing people i love... like never seeing them again
and also afraid of heights and darkness late at night

To Write Love On Her Arms
January 9th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Snakes since I had one crawling around my feet, luckily I stayed still and didn't move.

EDIT: I'm also scared of going to sleep right after I watch a scary movie like "THE HILLS HAVE EYES" or "SAW" or "THE RING 1 & 2"

chelly1107
January 9th, 2009, 12:54 AM
heights and dark hallways... and roaches and rats. And other kinds of pests.