PDA

View Full Version : The Bush Incident.

Harley Quinn
December 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Ah, Bush finally got what was coming to him. A shoe that almost hit him the face, for...apparently insulting a reporter in the audience.

Opinions on this mediocre 'massacre'?

Xairmo
December 14th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I really wish it had hit him smack dab in the face. I despise Bush so could really care less about his well-being.

Heartless33
December 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I'm surprised that he even made it for 2 years without being shot I mean he had at least 85% chance of dieing but now that he's not president and no one protecting him he might die.

Harley Quinn
December 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'm surprised that he even made it for 2 years without being shot I mean he had at least 85% chance of dieing but now that he's not president and no one protecting him he might die.
He's technically still the President, as Obama hasn't been officialy sworn-in.

Patchisou Yutohru
December 14th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I've only got four words to add to contribute to this discussion: almost isn't good enough.

How the security afterword just jumped to the reporter is just retarded. It's not like the shoe was going to kill him. It may have given Bush the common sense to really know how to run a country for the remainder of his term. That would have been splendid! But, unfortunately, we could only hope for such a miracle. I feel bad for Obama having to deal with all of the crap Bush is going to leave behind in screwing over the country and the rest of the world.

Aurafire
December 14th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Props to him for dodging that shoe so quickly. I never knew he had great reflexes. XD

Btw here's the video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/duLds-TZMGw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/duLds-TZMGw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rabbit
December 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM
My mom and I loved the way he dodged, as though he was expecting it. And maybe he was.

Things are pretty bad when your President dodges shoes like he was trained for it and just keep on talking...

BeachBoy
December 14th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Holy hell, way to dodge them, I didn't know he could do that either, Aurafire.

How the security afterword just jumped to the reporter is just retarded. It's not like the shoe was going to kill him. It may have given Bush the common sense to really know how to run a country for the remainder of his term. That would have been splendid! But, unfortunately, we could only hope for such a miracle. I feel bad for Obama having to deal with all of the crap Bush is going to leave behind in screwing over the country and the rest of the world.And I disagree, Nick, the security's job is to protect the president, and here's someone who's deliberately trying to hurt him, they should definitely stuff the guy before he does something else, can't just stand there.

And jeez guys, he didn't have a good stay in office and I heavily dislike him as well, but would I want President Bush to get hurt? No, I want him out of office and for President Elect Obama to come in, not to get decked by shoes. Get over his mistakes and look forward to the future. >_>

Tacticalmobius
December 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM
bush has reflexes who knew

Rockéttes
December 15th, 2008, 12:46 AM
And I disagree, Nick, the security's job is to protect the president, and here's someone who's deliberately trying to hurt him, they should definitely stuff the guy before he does something else, can't just stand there.

And jeez guys, he didn't have a good stay in office and I heavily dislike him as well, but would I want President Bush to get hurt? No, I want him out of office and for President Elect Obama to come in, not to get decked by shoes. Get over his mistakes and look forward to the future. >_>

Damn, this is exactly what I was going to say. :<

Anyway, I saw this report last night with my dad. We both lost it (as in laughing) when we saw Bush dodge that shoe. Even the way he gets back up after wards is funny. It's as if he's calling him on for a fight; Watch the way he looks right at the 'attacker'. (You'd have to search YouTube for closer footage).

Anyway, I think the whole thing is a hoot. Listen to the way he's howling while on the ground! ;p

Virtual Chatot
December 15th, 2008, 04:12 AM
"IT WAS A SIZE 10!"

I find this whole thing hilarious, even though it is a sign of great disrespect in the Middle East.
Honestly, that made up for the last 8 years of my life, just to see that happen.

A youtube video without the commentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCr1DnBUFYE)

...I wonder if Obama will get a rolled up sock thrown at him...

Cherrim
December 15th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Props to him for dodging that shoe so quickly. I never knew he had great reflexes. XD
That was my first thought when I saw it! XD; I was impressed! (At both Bush and the fact that someone finally had the gall to chuck something at him. ;P)

But yeah, that so would've hit my square in the face. Both of them. :(
And I disagree, Nick, the security's job is to protect the president, and here's someone who's deliberately trying to hurt him, they should definitely stuff the guy before he does something else, can't just stand there.

I agree with this comment; I would be worried if they hadn't immediately jumped to detain the reporter.

Sexycheese
December 15th, 2008, 04:56 AM
HA HA HA! OMG i llove that video!
I dont think bush was a bad president but he wasnt good either, just mediocre nothing special. I doubt there will be much difference with Obama....

Ayouki Emerald
December 15th, 2008, 05:08 AM
One pair: Two evades actions...
It was reported on the news tonight-the reporter wanted to get attention. What a sick reason...

Patchisou Yutohru
December 15th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Btw here's the video

Okay, so, now that I've seen some video footage about it and heard what the guy said, it is worse than I had originally taken it. Though I still stand by what I said when I said "It's not like the shoe was going to kill him". I mean, even the news reporters themselves said that. Though, the nature that the reporter throwing the shoe had was very harsh and that was something I did not know until I saw that video.

Perhaps if this was something else, such as something that was actually life threatening, I wouldn't find this whole incidental so strange. I mean, after the shoes are thrown you see him smile... -- What?

But yes, saying "this is the end", was uncalled for by the reporter completely. Dana Perino was the only one who got hurt in this situation and even though it's only a black eye,

Something I don't understand, however:
Thowing a shoe = insult?

So yeah, after viewing the video at why he came there and what happened, I have mixed feelings on the actual event itself.

I heavily dislike him as well, but would I want President Bush to get hurt?

I don't dislike him at all. I just dislikes what he's done to our country and in a leader position such as the one he was in, there really isn't any room not to have a two bad stays in the office.

TRIFORCE89
December 15th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I dislike the guy and think he's made some (big) mistakes while in office. But, I don't hate him and I certainly don't wish him harm.

He dodged that first shoe rather well. Second shoe was a close one. Lousy secret service didn't stand up until after the second shoe was thrown. If that was gun...

Even if it's a shoe and comical. It's still assault and he should get punished for it.

I like what the news said about the video earlier. "Throwing a shoe is a sign of great disrespect in Iraq". I'm sure it is everywhere. XD

BeachBoy
December 15th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I don't dislike him at all. I just dislikes what he's done to our country and in a leader position such as the one he was in, there really isn't any room not to have a two bad stays in the office.When I said that, I meant I dislike him in the sense of how he did in office. I don't hate him or anything.

Regardless of the mistakes or errors he has made in office, it's no reason to wish a person harm. @_@ "Oh hey, you screwed up, shoe chucking time! >:O"

But anyway, yeah, apparently throwing shoes is one of the highest signs of disrespect. XD

ErickaVolt
December 15th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Poor President Bush. He's still a President so we should give him a little respect. I'm glad he dodged that shoe.

True Reign
December 15th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I have two words to say: poor aim.

Seriously if your going to try and attack the President of the United States of America with a shoe, try to aim properly. Hopefully this incident will knock the common sense into his head to show him how much the world deeply hates him.

I laughed at his smile at the end of the video. His infamous 'redneck smile'.

Mooshykris
December 15th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I still support Bush :<

I don't care what people think of him....this is a classic example of disrespect :<

~Mooshykris

Netto Azure
December 15th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Well I was laughing when I saw this at CNN yesterday. ^___^
I showed my dad and he said not to laugh. D=
But it's sad how a single person can incur such hate and disappointment around the world that essentially caused the crash and burn of the Republican party. I mean BOTH US Prez Candidates ran a "change" campaign! Yesh!
Eh I was actually hoping for one to hit to show how his administration created the perfect storm for the squandering of global good will with his unilateralist policy of going at it alone (But there are many people behing the policies of this man. =/)
At least his administration has given opportunity for President-Elect Barack Obama to push for a lot of policies needed for the future and pool a lot of political capital.
I just hope the Secret Service's security to be better for the President-Elect Obama's administration after all of those assasination threats. He has a a lot of work ahead of him after the past 8 years mess. D=
I actually felt pity for him after seeing his "media blitz" to "humanize" himself for the last few months.

(Well I would comment more but I have writers block XD) LOL

Anywayz here's an article on why shoes are an insult in the Arab world. =D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7783325.stm (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/homepage/int/pr/t1/shoe_throwing_15dec08/b1/-/news/2/hi/middle_east/7783325.stm)

Edit: Wow Mooshy I never expected someone to still like the man's policies after 8 years under it. I mean I can understand the Republicans position but after causing the fractition of the Republican Party...well..you know. =/

Gunn
December 15th, 2008, 08:32 AM
... but now that he's not president and no one protecting him he might die.

No. That's what the Secret Service is for. Former presidents are entitled to the Secret Services' protection for up to ten years after their term or even longer (if the current president allows it). Even their children can get protection.

....this is a classic example of disrespect :<

~Mooshykris

Ding ding.

I do feel sorry for Bush, but at least the man can make some humor of it.

Mitchman
December 15th, 2008, 10:35 AM
He got owned. But wow the world hates him. So do my parents. Hell my whole country hates him so much they are doing satire on this. Anyway i cant believe he resolved to shoes. Im sure if it was a gun yeah he would be dead but i was watching and said oh crap they are not doin....oh there they go!

Michii
December 15th, 2008, 10:59 AM
My opinion in full honest with almost incomprehensable speech: my first reaction to the shoe thing? Lmfao I can't believe that happened. My mother and I both laughed at the incident for various reason. Eins, Bush's face was funny. Zwei, he dodged! :o! Drei, the Iraqi dude missed by a mile on the second one. END THE GERMAN, MICHII! Four, all of it together was al;sdgjasd;lkgj XDD. I loved the size ten shoe comment, and heh, what a way to end your term. I can see the future in history books in the 2400's, "And the dislike of Bush was apparent even after Obama was elected. The Texian president had two Iraqi shoes thrown at him a month before he was to receed from his position." On the other hand, I feel sorry for the guy. It must suck to have mass amounts of people around the globe hate 'ya. And then..

Realization.

People in Iraq have been suffering so much the past five years with us, and yeah. Although what the man did was completely unethical, I can see his point of view. His family was killed, and all those around him supported his act. These people are innocent people just like us, and their lives are getting ruined. Not that they should have thrown shoes at the US president, but it's still sad. You realize that we're not the only victims of this war.

Netto Azure
December 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I still support Bush :<

I don't care what people think of him....this is a classic example of disrespect :<

~Mooshykris

I guess I can see why the Bush Administrations policies were quite great, just look at this. XD

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2008/12/02/tomo/story.jpg
http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2008/12/02/tomo/story.jpg

I was wondering on when I could post up this comic strip. =P

Dukey
December 15th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Lol.
It would have been funny had it hit him.
He would have a had a red mark on his face for a while.

SethCullen
December 15th, 2008, 01:02 PM
He got owned. But wow the world hates him. So do my parents. Hell my whole country hates him so much they are doing satire on this. Anyway i cant believe he resolved to shoes. Im sure if it was a gun yeah he would be dead but i was watching and said oh crap they are not doin....oh there they go!

Signature makes me die. I loved that video. *raps the obama rap* OBAMA OBAMA *brushs Dirt off shoulder.* Ahhem.

Glitter Stain
December 15th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Lol.
It would have been funny had it hit him.
He would have a had a red mark on his face for a while.
It would've been funnier if it had knocked some sense into him.

Trace
December 15th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Here's my opinion...

I support democrats. Alright? I would have voted for Obama (if I was of age, and American).

Bush hasn't been the best of presidents, but he's a human being.
Humans make errors. Everybody knows Bush's errors, since he is one of the "most powerful people" in the world. (Until he's out of office.)

He shouldn't have been disrespected like that, nobody should have, no matter who they are. It's pathetic that people would try and disrespect and harm Bush like that.

I'm glad it didn't hit him. I'm not one of his supporters, but I wouldn't want him to get harmed or anything.

And I, myself, am glad that security is so fast at reacting.

Forci Stikane
December 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
First a pretzel, now a shoe. Bush really has some seriously bad luck with the strangest things, huh?

I realize that hitting anyone with anything is wrong, but still, it's hard to ignore the comedy component here. A pair of shoes, of all things? A brick or piece of concrete wasn't hard enough, so this guy decided to go with those trusty loafers? I understand how horrible this is, yet...well, Mitchman Is' signature kind of sums it up XD.

(I also realize that nobody would have been able to get away with a brick or something that could be used as a weapon, so no need to point that out.)

citizen.
December 15th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Personally, I found it hilarious! And, I was surprised, that old man can move quick! I was like WTF!? I think that smile that he had on his face after the first attempt was what made him trow the other one...that...and the fact that he missed...lol

Working Class Hero
December 15th, 2008, 02:41 PM
This angers me greatly. Just look at those shoes. They are BRAND NEW! Bush does not deserve new shoes. He deserves torn, falling apart, old, muddy, with unknown objects on them shoes. >:[

RaikaCastillo
December 15th, 2008, 02:48 PM
It was pretty funny. However I also found it a bit pointless--then again, people have to vent sometimes.

Candy Christina
December 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM
This is pretty weird. I don't really know what to say about it other than "lulz." Poor Bush. :/

Mr. Epic
December 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Poor Bush.
Yeah poor bush who killed millions of people for oil and your signature says increase the peace.
Should have been a brick that actually hit his monkey face.

Wish
December 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
...I'm still supporting Bush? -shoe'd-

I laughed at the whole thing. Who knew he could dodge those so quickly. Nice reflexes for an old mad eh? I feel sorry for him nonetheless however, but hey just glad it was a shoe and not a bullet. :3

Humans make errors. Everybody knows Bush's errors, since he is one of the "most powerful people" in the world

Exactly my say in all this.

Netto Azure
December 15th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Humans make errors. Everybody knows Bush's errors, since he is one of the "most powerful people" in the world. (Until he's out of office.)

He shouldn't have been disrespected like that, nobody should have, no matter who they are. It's pathetic that people would try and disrespect and harm Bush like that.

Well I do quite agree...but the policies of his administration has caused a degration on the United States position of great Global Influence. And with the many deaths caused by the Iraq War and hatred towards his policies somebody was bound to eventually do something like this. Bush should be happy it was just a shoe and nothing else (Even though it is a rude gesture in the Arab Culture) And remember it was not a Westener who did this...so sympathize with both the reporter and President Bush (well he is human after all =/ and as I said it's the Policies of his administration, not the person himself that we detest. We just want to remind him on how his policies have been very bad to say the least. I hope he has that in his mind by now. Yet I guess that is so with his last minute attempts to salvage his legacy with the "Media Blitz")

Eh just some added thoughts...

December 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I would've liked it if Bush took his own shoe off and continuously belted and beat that pathetic man with his shoe. Sadly, Bush doesn't stand up and defend himself, and simply shrugs it off with a laugh. Would've at least let Bush go out in style.

Pikachu?!
December 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I laughed hard when I heard this on the radio. XD

Vernikova
December 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Like many people in my school, I consider this nothing major. Bush didn't care if it was thrown at him or not, so why should I care if something like that happened. It's just a silly little event that happened, nothing more. Anyway, Bush has a great ability to dodge things, I'm very impressed.

I wanted McCain to win.

kidpunk
December 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
My first initial reaction was a laugh. Not from the shoe being thrown at him (though it was pretty funny), but from what he said after; "It's a good way to get attention." (or something like that).

I guess people are going to make the most of his last month in office.

Honest
December 15th, 2008, 04:36 PM
That was FUNNY! I wanted to see him get hit though...

Candy Christina
December 15th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah poor bush who killed millions of people for oil and your signature says increase the peace.
Should have been a brick that actually hit his monkey face.

I was actually saying that sarcastically. Hence the ":/."

GunSaberSeraph
December 15th, 2008, 05:41 PM
One pair: Two evades actions...
It was reported on the news tonight-the reporter wanted to get attention. What a sick reason...

Yeah, considering there are about 100 other reasons why someone would want to hurt Bush. He's made a lot of enemies in the last 8 years.

Zennerick
December 15th, 2008, 06:13 PM
It looks as if George W. Bush didn't even put as much effort into dodging as to the second projectile than he did for the first projectile.

Pokemon version:
Iraqi used Fling.
- Iraqi flung it's shoe.
GeorgeWB dodged the attack.
Iraqi used Fling.
- Iraqi flung it's shoe.
GeorgeWB dodged the attack.

Haza
December 15th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Did anyone else see that he looked like he was enjoying a game of dodge ball? He had a slight smile on his face!

sims796
December 15th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I don't care what you say, I don't care if you think he deserved it, I don't care if you think he's a bad guy...

But you gotsta, gotsta, GOTSTA repect those amazing shoe-dogding skillz. It wuz liek, "whoa shiznet, flying shoe, afirmitave action tiem". Then he dodged the second one like a pro.

No wonder he stayed alive through all times in office.

Zennerick
December 15th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Also, why wasn't the secret service there? I think the secret service wants Bush to get killed... :shocked:

Xairmo
December 15th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Also, why wasn't the secret service there? I think the secret service wants Bush to get killed... :shocked:

I think the majority of people living today want Bush to be killed >.>

GunSaberSeraph
December 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I think the majority of people living today want Bush to be killed >.>

I don't like G.W., but I don't want him killed. I just wished that his presidency never happened.

Harley Quinn
December 15th, 2008, 08:16 PM
OMG IT'S A SHOE.

*secret service overeacts*

Thats why the SS wasn't there.

GunSaberSeraph
December 15th, 2008, 08:19 PM
To be fair, that shoe could've had a detonation device in it. Come to think of it, after everything Bush has done, why on earth did he go to Iraq? He should be know that a lot of people there don't like him.

Xairmo
December 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
OMG IT'S A SHOE.

*secret service overeacts*

Thats why the SS wasn't there.

I think the Secret Service was there but i don't think they'd be like "ZOMFG I R T3H SECRUT SURVUCE AND I R DISARMING T3H DEADLEE SH00!"
They wouldn't be much of a secret if they did that now would they?

I don't like G.W., but I don't want him killed. I just wished that his presidency never happened.
I kind of want a bus to fall on Bush. He's an idiot and probably the worst president we've had. The only president to have a television show and a movie made entirely in the purpose of making fun of him.

Harley Quinn
December 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I kind of want a bus to fall on Bush.
MOOORBBIIDDD
He's an idiot and probably the worst president we've had. The only president to have a television show and a movie made entirely in the purpose of making fun of him.
They seriously have a entire movie...to mock him with?
Name?

Xairmo
December 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM
They seriously have a entire movie...to mock him with?
Name?

Yeah that new movie "W"
Pronounced "Dub-yuh"

EDIT: You think dropping a bus on someone is morbid, then think about all the lives that Bush has indirectly taken. And for what...oil?

sims796
December 15th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Xarimo, you are absolutley wrong. Nothing, and i mean nothing, is as bad as getting hit on the head with a shoe. You'll get an embarrasing bump, and you will be the laughing stock at the next global conference.

"What is that?"

"A hickey..."

"lol n00b"

Heartless33
December 15th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Holly crap I did not think so many people hate bush! (what kind of name is that anyway it's like.....oh hey I think that bush is ugly and should not be there then the person bush turns around and sends him to jail or fires him thats not right)

Xairmo
December 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Xarimo, you are absolutley wrong. Nothing, and i mean nothing, is as bad as getting hit on the head with a shoe. You'll get an embarrasing bump, and you will be the laughing stock at the next global conference.

"What is that?"

"A hickey..."

"lol n00b"

o.0 I take it that was sarcasm, right?

Lucy Lu
December 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
When I heard about Bush got attacked by a shoe, I said to myself: "Whoa, that reporter doesn't like him. And he couldn't stand looking at his face." *threw the shoe at him*

And I do admire that he ducked in time. What great reflexes. ^^ But I think everyone is tired of him. He did fine in his first term. Just his second term, he went downhill. D: Well that is what I think. I guess that reporter want to vent his anger at him, and by doing that is throwing a shoe.

Jorah
December 16th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Me and my mum were talking and we randomly looked round to the TV, which had the news on, and we saw Bush having shoes thrown at him XD It was so random and funny. Hilarious. It made my day.

Mitchman
December 16th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Well i think he deserved to be shown what disrespect there is for him. Hell half my country believes the conspiracy of 9/11 all planned by him. But dont. It was poor judgement like katrina. Anyway he was laughing. I think the next few weeks will get more interesting when it comes to bush related news.

Surf
December 16th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Meh I disike all political partys in Australia
The only one that I approve of is Obama's
But we will see
es I dislike Bush and whats he's done but seeing him get hurt isn't a good thing
al Human life is valuable and noone should be hurt

Sexycheese
December 16th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Wow...loads of people hate bush.......I just dont see why! he isnt that bad a leader. Want a psychopath? Try Hitler or Stalin! Bush is no-where near as bad as them!

Ascaris
December 16th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Wow...loads of people hate bush.......I just dont see why! he isnt that bad a leader. Want a psychopath? Try Hitler or Stalin! Bush is no-where near as bad as them!

You're joking right?

About the video, hilarious is all I have to say. Shame he dodged the shoe.

Farasha
December 16th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I... couldn't stop laughing. And I do respect the shoe-dodging skillz.

I don't want the guy to get killed. I mean, his mom's a real nice lady (I've run into old Babs a couple times), and even if he was a shitty president, I'm sure he's not that bad of a guy. A little on the dumb side, but not bad.

I was kind of pissed that they said the reporter was doing it for "attention." You never know - he could have lost family members in the war. Also, they said that throwing shoes was like a huge insult in the Arab world.

Sexycheese
December 16th, 2008, 06:45 AM
You're joking right?

About the video, hilarious is all I have to say. Shame he dodged the shoe.

No i am not joking my good sir, Bush is not a bad president....but he isnt good either hes...mediocre

Ascaris
December 16th, 2008, 06:47 AM
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1563750,00.html
http://www.davidswanson.org/?q=node/491

Keep in mind that there are many more reasons to why Bush is a bad president.

The warden
December 16th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I don't dislike president Bush but i don't think he did a very good job of being president. I think he made a big mess of what was already a bad situation. As for the shoe I think it was rather funny but im glad it didn't hit him.

Netto Azure
December 16th, 2008, 07:57 AM
When I heard about Bush got attacked by a shoe, I said to myself: "Whoa, that reporter doesn't like him. And he couldn't stand looking at his face." *threw the shoe at him*

And I do admire that he ducked in time. What great reflexes. ^^ But I think everyone is tired of him. He did fine in his first term. Just his second term, he went downhill. D: Well that is what I think. I guess that reporter want to vent his anger at him, and by doing that is throwing a shoe.

Well to be frank, I think his First Term was worse than his second. At least this second term laid the diplomatic foundation for the Obama Administration. Most of the stuff we don't like him for happened in the First term. (Iraq War for example) Well the exception for the second term is the Economic Crisis of 2008.

What Bush got Right:
www.newsweek.com/id/151731

sims796
December 16th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Good eye, Xarimo.

I hope that reporter knows that he will never get those shoes back. Those looked like dome fine cut, italian leather. What a waste.

And to those saying the secret service overreacted, you are dead wrong. What if that shoe had a bomb, like in teh air forse? Or, what if that was a bullet instead? an attack on the pres is an attack on the pres. I'm just upset that I saw no tazers.

"Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! Owie!!!"

Netto Azure
December 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
"Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me! Owie!!!"

Well I didn't think that Secret Service overreacted. It's their job to Protect the Prez. I'm just happy that they did their job since they will be the ones Protecting President-Elect Obama from those assassination threats. =/ Obama already has so much in his plate other than worrying about death. D=

Also I think I've read that quote somewhere in Newsweek. =/

Aurafire
December 16th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Wow, I can't believe that people here actually wanted Bush to get hurt. Or die even....If you ask me that's kind of pathetic. Sure, you can fault the man for making some mistakes, but why would you fault him for doing what he thought was right for the country? (Note: Saying wars were waged for false reasons and posting links to random online blogs are some of the worst arguments ever.)

Presidencies aren't deemed good or bad while they are still going on. It takes many years and many more presidents after to let history decide if the decisions that Bush made were good ones or bad. Who knows? Maybe one of his most hated policies will turn out to be one of the most influential and helpful in our country's history. You don't know, just like I and every other person in this country don't know. So for the love of god, before you wish that the man would die, have some common respect for humanity that all you Bush haters are so fond of. You'll have Obama soon, don't worry XD

Netto Azure
December 16th, 2008, 11:57 AM
It turns out the Reporter who threw the shoe at President Bush was "Beaten in Custody."
Shows us the legacy of the due process of law and International law/Civil Liberties under the Bush Administration. =/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/middle_east/7785338.stm

Well of course these allegations are denied by the Authorities. But eh...

Forci Stikane
December 16th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Wow, I can't believe that people here actually wanted Bush to get hurt. Or die even....If you ask me that's kind of pathetic. Sure, you can fault the man for making some mistakes, but why would you fault him for doing what he thought was right for the country?

It's not so much that I want to see him hurt (I don't particularly have a desire for it, actually) as it is that somebody felt the need to throw a shoe at him. Whether you love Bush or hate him, the idea alone of someone randomly throwing a shoe at the President of the United States is incredible.

Aurafire
December 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM
It's not so much that I want to see him hurt (I don't particularly have a desire for it, actually) as it is that somebody felt the need to throw a shoe at him. Whether you love Bush or hate him, the idea alone of someone randomly throwing a shoe at the President of the United States is incredible.

Lol....No I totally agree. I thought the whole situation was hilarious. And it's not like a show was going to hurt him at all. I mean really, couldn't that guy have thrown anything better if he was actually trying to hurt him? =P

Forci Stikane
December 16th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Lol....No I totally agree. I thought the whole situation was hilarious. And it's not like a show was going to hurt him at all. I mean really, couldn't that guy have thrown anything better if he was actually trying to hurt him? =P

Well, anything that could have been used as a better weapon probably would have been confiscated even before Bush showed up. They have security there for a reason, after all.

And, because nobody here has said it yet:

George Bush was bequeathed a boot to the head.

Ayano Katagiri
December 17th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I saw this on the news last night, absolutely hilarious. He certainly dodged it pretty quickly.

And I can't believe the number of "throw a shoe at Bush" Flash games that have popped up since then.

Pechachu
December 17th, 2008, 05:44 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2v0ihq0.gif

Pure gold. I honestly thought that something like this had happened a long time ago, but I suppose not. Either way, it's funny to watch- He must have prepared himself for this moment during his entire political career.

Netto Azure
December 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Some developments after this incident:

Iraqi Speaker resigns over shoe-throwing: (Washington Times) (http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/17/iraqi-parliament-speaker-resigns-over-shoe-throwin/)
Iraqi Parliament Speaker Mahmoud Mashhadani (http://washingtontimes.com/themes/?Theme=Mahmoud+Mashhadani) resigned Wednesday as lawmakers argued the fate of the journalist who threw shoes at U.S. President George Bush.

Iraqi shoe-thrower 'apologises': (BBC) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7790318.stm)
The Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has apologised to Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki, the prime minister's office says.

But hey nobody really talks about this. =/

Shedinja8
December 21st, 2008, 08:03 PM
FINNALY! Just to bad it didn't hit him.

Guillermo
December 21st, 2008, 08:46 PM
First time I saw this it made me lol so hard... I still do. There is nothing serious about it, just a reporter who was quite annoyed at Bush for 'insulting him' and then a shoe was thrown. It was as if George Bush was expecting it, did you see his face after it? He was laughing. I just wish it had hit him dead square in the head.

December 22nd, 2008, 03:29 PM
Just stopping in, but I really think that a majority of people who want Bush to be pelted with a shoe don't realize he represents America. Do you really want to see the man running your country to be degraded in that form? That's basically degrading you as well.

Guillermo
December 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but not all of us here live in America, Vance. I know I don't.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
December 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
When I saw this on the news, they said "throwing one's shoe is a huge insult in the middle-east" and i just thought "it's not exactly a huge compliment in the west either..."

December 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but not all of us here live in America, Vance. I know I don't.

I know that, it's the people who actually LIVE in America and are wishing Bush to be hit by the man's shoe that make me feel a little irked. >__> Hence my usage of "Do you really want to see the man running your country to be degraded in that form? That's basically degrading you as well. "

Netto Azure
December 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
I know that, it's the people who actually LIVE in America and are wishing Bush to be hit by the man's shoe that make me feel a little irked. >__> Hence my usage of "Do you really want to see the man running your country to be degraded in that form? That's basically degrading you as well. "

Well Vance it's not as if The Bush Administration and Republicans have been repudiated in the recent US Election. >_> Heck I live in LA and people here are laughing. No offense, it's just that the past 8 years haven't been the best for US-World relations.

December 22nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Well Vance it's not as if The Bush Administration and Republicans have been repudiated in the recent US Election. >_> Heck I live in LA and people here are laughing. No offense, it's just that the past 8 years haven't been the best for US-World relations.

Oh, I'm not saying not to laugh. I think it was funny too, but the fact that a lot of people actually wanted Bush to get hit and made a fool of in front of another country makes me :(

.inLOVE
December 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
It was actually pretty funny. And I'm a republican XD

Shedinja8
December 22nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Just stopping in, but I really think that a majority of people who want Bush to be pelted with a shoe don't realize he represents America. Do you really want to see the man running your country to be degraded in that form? That's basically degrading you as well.

If Bush representes America why the hell did we vote for him four years ago?

.safety
December 23rd, 2008, 04:06 AM
It should have hit him.. Bush's reflexes were too good...

He knew people wanted to hit him with stuff so he practiced at home while counting down the days America got rid of him.

RubyJB88
December 23rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
I'm hating how there's people calling this a terrorist attack/assasination attempt. Unless you put a bomb in the shoe. People can be so close-minded.

I feel sorry for the journalist though. Why did he have to be tortured? Is this justice?

Cheesymitten
December 23rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
He's old and i'm surprised his reflexes are that good O.o
Does anyone whatch have i got news for you apparentley it had the translation :P

He knew people wanted to hit him with stuff so he practiced at home while counting down the days America got rid of him.
HAHAHA! thats awesome how did you think of that :)

Banjora Marxvile
December 23rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah, it was... Ah, I forgot it... I think it was "This is from the widows in..." I think it was Iraq... I'm not sure. That was all I can remember. Might not be that, as they said 2 things I think... Good old HIGNFY!

.inLOVE
December 23rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Everyone at my house was rolling over it xD

raven_emblem
December 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
that was almost the single awesome thing in the world

.inLOVE
December 24th, 2008, 09:36 AM
that was almost the single awesome thing in the world
Well, that is true XD But not quite :/